Gen 6 The "Are my Pokémon IVs and Nature good?" Thread

Ive been going for a mild nature (+SpAtk, - Def), would a 31/31/27/27/31/31 yveltal be a keeper? Ive calced it and there's like a 98% power difference.

Rayquaza - #384 (Naive) : 29 / 25 / 31 / 31 / 26 - 27 / 31

the attack is juuuust slow enough that i'm questioning keeping it

I actually decided to toss my previous Rayquaza because I wanted a physical one. Got this one:

Rayquaza - #384 (Jolly) : 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 13 - 14 / 22 / 30 - 31

Keep right?

I actually decided to toss my previous Rayquaza because I wanted a physical one. Got this one:

Rayquaza - #384 (Jolly) : 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 30 - 31 / 13 - 14 / 22 / 30 - 31

Keep right?
Well, I would keep if they're all 31s. Otherwise no, only because with Jolly you're only aiming for 5 IVs instead of 6, which is a huge difference. Since you're guaranteed 3x 31s (out of the 5 stats that you want), the 22 is slightly off putting if the other 4 aren't 31, in my opinion at least.

Bit torn on this Heatran and would like some opinions:

Timid 31/8-9/24/30/31/31

I'm thinking it's worth keeping as low attack is nice for foul play and it's an air balloon variant, but that defense is a lot lower than I initially predicted (thought it had a def of 27 when I caught it for some reason). Torn on if it's worth trying for another or if it'll never really be that bad to use. Thoughts?

Bit torn on this Heatran and would like some opinions:

Timid 31/8-9/24/30/31/31

I'm thinking it's worth keeping as low attack is nice for foul play and it's an air balloon variant, but that defense is a lot lower than I initially predicted (thought it had a def of 27 when I caught it for some reason). Torn on if it's worth trying for another or if it'll never really be that bad to use. Thoughts?
Hmm yeah if it were me, I would probably keep trying, but I could also see why you would want to keep it. The defense is a little irksome, but the low attack is nice.

Adamant Groudon 31/31/26/25/31/31, intended for Primal usage. Was kinda hoping for the ending result to get a good SpA cause in some cases I'd toss Overheat on it's moveset (yep, with adamant nature, prefer it that way to keep SpD intact). But that Def worries me. What do you guys think?

I dunno, it's borderline for a 5-IV and decent for a 6-IV. You could keep it, but it's not amazing and so wouldn't be great trade leverage. Up to you and your patience.

Adamant Groudon 31/31/26/25/31/31, intended for Primal usage. Was kinda hoping for the ending result to get a good SpA cause in some cases I'd toss Overheat on it's moveset (yep, with adamant nature, prefer it that way to keep SpD intact). But that Def worries me. What do you guys think?
I mean, you could stick with Fire Punch! The defense is within 5 points, which is kind of borderline keep/toss seeing as it's probably not one of your main stats to invest in.

What if I said this Groudon's usage would mostly be on lvl 50, where 26 in Def is as good as 27 (and 2 points away from 30-31 one)? Or that doesn't matter that much, still borderline?

Worried I'm still on Azelf.. I blame bad luck and smash.

Azelf (Naive)
18-19/31/24-25/28/31/31

Since 28 S.Atk is a very small power drop and with 75/70/70 bulk it's not going to be tanking.much, but is the HP stat too low? Considering I'll probably use the suicide lead set, the defenses seem good enough to me, but after over 100 resets and my previous good luck (my last 4 took <25 resets each) I may be biased.

^Kept after looking at old comments as 19 is close enough to 20 and I'm b0red of waiting for some1 to read this. I have AS to get another if need be.

Azelf is pretty bad in Ubers and it's just not viable, apart of that, though, the IVs are probably good enough to be kept.

I always prefer running Adamant Rayquaza because it hits much harder, and because with ESpeed you don't need speed to kills things (faster Extreme Speed users like Extreme Killer are faster anyways, and the more fire power is nice when you face bulkier teams), other than that, I guess that the IVs are pretty good.
BTW, I am actually planning to use Mega Rayquaza, not normal Rayquaza. So Jolly is the better nature right?

BTW, I am actually planning to use Mega Rayquaza, not normal Rayquaza. So Jolly is the better nature right?
Never played AG and played a very little in the Ubers tier when Mega Rayquaza was around but I think that both are viable (maybe in AG Jolly is better to speed tie with opposing Jolly Rayquaza I suppose)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)