Garchomp (reassigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overview

+130 attack will ensure that a stab unresisted outrage/earthquake will hurt.
+102 speed allows it to outspeed base 100 pokemon and landorus.
+108/95/85 defenses allows it take a few hits.
+Rough skin punishes most physical attacking pokemon.
+Great coverage in the form of iron head and fire blast.
+Versatile..garchomp can run a mixed set,swords dance, stealth rocks, scarf, band, etc.
+Ground/Dragon is an excellent offensive typing, and somewhat decent defensively.
-Speed loss after mega evolution.
-Mediocre Special bulk.
-umm..gets wrecked by any ice type move..
-lack of reliable recovery.
-fairies. unless you’re running a scarf set.
-tomohawk walls it.

ScarfChomp
# # # # # # # #
move 1:Iron head
move 2:Outrage
move 3:Earthquake
move 4:Fireblast/stone edge
Ability:Rough skin
Item:choice scarf
Evs:252 atk/
Nature:Adamant

set details
---------------
-Iron head gives fairies a difficult time with SE damage and 30% flinch chance
-Fire blast and stone edge are useful for additional coverage for pokemon that are not harmed by earthquake(skarm for example)

SwordsDance
# # # # # # # # #
move 1:swordsdance
move 2:earthquake
move 3:dragon claw
move 4: Stone edge/iron head
Ability:rough skin
Item:Lum Berry/Life Orb/Focus Sash
Evs:252 spe
Nature:Jolly

MegaChomp
# # # # # # # #
move 1:Dragon Claw
move 2:Stealth Rocks
move 3:EarthQuake
move 4:Fire Blast
Ability:Rough Skin(Prior to mega evolution)
Item:Garchompite
Evs:252 hp/252 def/4 atk
Nature: Adamant

Mixed MegaChomp
# # # # # # # # # # # #
move 1: Fire blast
move 2: Draco Meteor
move 3: EarthQuake
move 4: Stone Edge
Ability:Rough Skin(prior to mega evolution)
Evs:252 spa/252 spe
Nature:Jolly

Checks and Counters
#############
-Fairy types destroy garchomp. Bulky fairies like sylveon can live an iron head and hit chomp with a hyper voice.
-Ice types
-Garchomp is helpless against skarm without fire blast

Last edited:
D-Claw slashed with Outrage on ScarfChomp, considering the rise of fairies and generally not being locked in.
No SD MegaChomp? tbh I don't use Chomp a lot but I didn't know that MegaChomp was Max Def SR setter these days, I assumed it still was a SD Wallbreaker like it was when it was still fairly new and I played OU a lot more.
Also no BandChomp. Plus change SwordsDance to Swords Dance, because IMO it looks better.
There's a few other things I would question here, but I think that's just bc you're WIPing.

Good work so far! Keep it up, vulpix :D

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Garchompite can be mentioned in Set Detail on the Swords Dance set as the extra power is appreciated against slower defensive teams, but is for the most part inferior to regular Garchomp as it has better speed and the ability to hold an item. The main draw of Mega Garchomp is its great bulk and mixed stats, which lend itself as a bulky Stealth Rock setter or mixed Wallbreaker.

I'm not quite sure about a Banded Garchomp set; its STABs aren't the greatest thing to be locked into, and its somewhat outclassed by Kyurem-B as a Banded Wallbreaker. That said, it should at least be in OO whenever that comes about.

The Tank set for Garchomp is probably worth a mention either as a set or in OO, the large number of Fairies and Syclants in CAP somewhat limits it effectiveness, but it can rack up residual damage effectively with a combination of Stealth Rock, Rocky Helmet, Rough Skin, and Dragon Tail.

Great work so far, the existing sets looks solid the overview is good. There's some weird stuff, such as the evs on some sets, but I figure you'll fix those when you get this more fleshed out. Keep up the good work.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I really don't think Iron Head is needed at all on Garchomp. STAB Earthquake is only 10 bp lower than SE Iron Head so unless that can net some important 2HKOs, keep it, otherwise use Fire Blast / Dragon Claw

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think Iron Head is viable. 10 BP higher is still higher, but the true magic is in the flinch chance. Slower fairies are common in CAP, and so I think the move has utility. Besides, a secondary slash on the last move already shows it might not be the number one choice but it is still quite helpful...Garchomp's helpfulness in CAP in general is of more doubt than the helpfulness of just Iron Head, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)