ORAS OU Gliscor SubToxic (Help Needed)

Hello everyone, I'm just starting with competitive play and have really no idea of how to build a good competitive team. I love Gliscor with the subtoxic build so I would like to build a team around him. This is the one I have now but Im totally open to changing things. Thanks :D

Keldeo @ Life Orb

Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 24 HP / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Protect
- Icy Wind
- Hydro Pump

I used Keldeo because I needed a good Special attacker and he came with one of the best speeds in the game. Everywhere I play I see a lot of dragons so I decided to go with Icy wind in addition to the other STAB attacks so I can OHKO or 2HKO them. The 24 hp evs are for a bit extra life, for the life orb.

Sableye @ Leftovers

Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Protect

Even though I builded the team around gliscor, I needed some staller/wall for the ones that are inmune to toxic, so I went with a Sableye with Will-o-wisp. His other moves are mainly to help me kill the sweepers of the team (Foul) and foil the plans of the other supports/wallers (Taunt). Prankster to get the statuses first, of course.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 28 Def / 236 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Protect

The pokemon I wanted to build the team around. Not only my favourite but a killer in the battles I usually play (With my friends) thanks to its survival abilities. Toxic orb + Poison Heal because heals more than leftovers. Protect + substitute because with the speed he has he usually goes first, wich means an invincible wall to those who are already poisoned or burnt. Earthquake because you can do a lot of damage to steel and poison, his main counters.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Low Kick
- Protect

An Attack Sweeper with Bulky evs to help him withstand one attack. Chople berry to evade the OHKO with high jump kick and hammer arm. The attacks I picked were mainly chosen because of the STAB and power combined. Low kick because I usually play 2 v 2. Earthquake is very useful when Im playing with gliscor and him.

Altaria @ Altarianite

Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Roost

Altaria is mainly a thing I wanted to try, with the ability of the megaevolution. Special sweeper with a very good fairy attack, STAB Draco Meteor, Fire blast for the pure damage and roost when the other has only stallers left. I was wondering if doing speed or hp when EVing, but at the end speed won.

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

Another good Special Sweeper, perfect against earthquake killers and very powerful. STAB Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt. Hidden Power Ice to kill his counters and the ocasional dragons. I decided to go with protect as a counter measure when trying to see the moves of the other pokemons and to use it when focused in 2 v 2. He also goes as a nice pair for Gliscor and Tyranitar in 2 v 2.

I've seen playing that I'm very weak to Fairy types and that I lack a Rock/Spickes setter, but I dont really know what to change or how. Help please!

Last edited:
Better, but not perfect descriptions. Here are my thoughts: Keldeo doesn't fit this team well; Sableye, Rotom-W, and Gliscor have inefficient sets; Tyranatar adds to your M-Lopany weakness.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off / Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt / Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 212 Def / 48 Spe
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Sableye @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Foul Play
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Which ones?

Keldeo is the Sub-Mid set to become a defensively orientated team's win condition. With speed investment to hit something I cannot remember.

Rotom is a physical wall that can take a status, and burn stuff, further dropping thwir attack. Volt-Switch is for chip damage on stuff that switches in on you that you wouldn't want to syay in on. Hydro Pump is for groumd types. The 48 speed lets you outspeed Azummaril, and get a burn so it doesn't 6-0 you.

Sableye is the standard non-mega. Taunt prevents you from being Set-up on by specially oriented attackers, W-o-W cripples physical attackers. Knock Off / Goul Play is used to further annoy stuff and do damage, while keeping Thunderous from taunting you first. And recover is recovery.

Altaria really doesn't need Draco Meteor because Pixilate Hyper Voice hits stuff harder

Last edited:
Questions that pop in my mind:

Why 0 Ivs on attack on altaria?
Why Heatran?

I see that the changes are pretty good, Im just asking so I understand why I'll be using everything XD

Quick question was your team built for wifi doubles I see a lot of protect on your pokes

Second maybe switch protect on tyanritar for some stealth rocks and maybe put something on your team to get rid of rocks for altaria can come in freely to do some dmg and maybe leftovers on rotom w

The reason I suggest replacing Tyranatar with Heatran is it Fixes your fairy weakness with a 4x resist and can phase set-up sweepers, burn stuff with lava plume, and set entry hazards. Funny replay showing my predictions: Here

0 atk IVs for all SpA attackers for reduced confusion and foul play damage.

OK, did some simulator testing, and noticed some weak points. Choice Band Azumarill wrecks your almost all of your team with Aqua Jet alone, except Rotom-W.
You struggle against most Set-up Sweepers, more on the SpA side, Clefable annoys you so much, and Altaria falls flat on its face.

Keldeo-Resolute @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off / Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic
- Taunt / Substitute

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers / Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

The explanations are below so you can keep the post importable.
Keldeo is explained above.
Heatran too.
Clefable is better than Altairia, as it allows you to deal with cruel set-up mons. General rule is 2+ ways to prevent a sweep

I have done some experimentation M-Sableye, or M-Venusaur are what I have work best with.
Rotom, while burning stuff is a plus Normal Sableye speads burns really well, and you can add a Rapid Spinner.

This is a forum meant for OU so I hope you don't mind me making this team OU oriented. Houndoomite makes a good argument above and i agree with him. Rotom-W is meant to be a physical sponge for birdspam rather than a special sweeper. Set up sweepers hurt your team and unaware clefable works as both a cleric and block for set up sweepers. Mega altaria serves better as a set up physical sweeper and now that you are using clefable, you dont need to fear the burn. As Houndoomite said ttar just makes you weaker to M-Lopunny so you could use defensive lando-t rather than the scarfed version. This will let you set up rocks and using u-turn and bring in your sweepers. However, instead of the sub cm keldeo set I would recommend using the scarfed set as your team lacks in the speed department and it's a solid check to opposing scarfed lando-t and other pokes. So if you do run scarf, instead of Scald use Hp flying or electric.

Hope I helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)