The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the season isn't even over yet irks me. We still have the DeflateGate investigation for the media to blow up about. This postseason has been garbage all around(except that miraculous comeback by Seahawks against GB)

are you serious? steelers vs ravens, lions vs cowboys, cowboys vs packers, patriots vs ravens, packers vs seahawks, and this superbowl and you say this post season was garbage? o_k
1. The Lions game was BS. They should have won that. Those damn Cowboys
2. I will admit the Steelers game I was happy about because I hate the Steelers.
3. Ravens should have won. Nuff said.
4. Ice Bowl II was okay
5. The Super Bowl was awful this year because of my previous mentions.
6. I already mentioned the NFC championship game as a positive note in an otherwise really bad postseason
Also, the Colts didn't really deserve 2nd in the AFC. Winning against the Bengals isn't an accomplishment and we only beat Denver because Manning was injured

this postseason was good because it had a lot of well-played, closely-contested games.

just because you don't like who won/maybe the Lions/Cowboys/Packers should have won doesn't invalidate the whole game :@

all 5 Colts/Panthers games almost balances out the other 6 games of the postseason though, the Bengals/Broncos/Cardinals/Panthers all didn't play like they even deserved their spot in the playoff which kinda ruined it for me

this postseason was good because it had a lot of well-played, closely-contested games.

just because you don't like who won/maybe the Lions/Cowboys/Packers should have won doesn't invalidate the whole game :@

all 5 Colts/Panthers games almost balances out the other 6 games of the postseason though, the Bengals/Broncos/Cardinals/Panthers all didn't play like they even deserved their spot in the playoff which kinda ruined it for me
I guess you're right..but I just didn't think it was that great. Hopefully next year the Colts will kick the asses of the Saints in the SB but that's just my wishful thinking

The end just ruined the game in my opinion. There were really great exciting moments for both teams, and it ends with a shitty play call and a fight that ruined any suspense that something crazy would happen.

Halftime show was nice though.

The end just ruined the game in my opinion. There were really great exciting moments for both teams, and it ends with a shitty play call and a fight that ruined any suspense that something crazy would happen.

Halftime show was nice though.
This is why I want to forget this year. Halftime show was trash imo but hey different strokes for different folks :/

Well the actual performance was pretty meh, but it created hype and that's what I expected. Riding a giant lion seems pretty hype inducing to me.

I don't have much against either team though. I'm not a fan of Brady but they played well and Belichick didn't majorly fuck up like the opposing coach so good for the Patriots and their fans. Brady for MVP is a stretch but it's expected a QB would take it.

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Marshawn Lynch from the 1 yard line this season: 1 TD, 2 rushes for no gain, 2 rushes for a loss.

On top of that you have a run stop heavy look man-ISO coverage from the Patriots and you do a smart bunching pick play on a rookie dback for a cutthroat jugular attack when everyone and their mother expects it to go to Marshawn Lynch.

It was a ballsy aggressive call that would've caught any other team in the league way off guard and at worst you come out with the clock stopped on an incomplete to regroup for 3rd and 4th downs.

But God damn it leave it to Darth Belichick to have gotten his 8th string rookie undrafted dback ready for a bunched pick slant route on the goal line. Credit where credit is due niggas.

But it wasn't exactly a play that had to happen. The Seahawks had two more plays as insurance, and they risk it instead of safely giving it to Lynch?

I'm not exactly in a position to judge calls from a man who obviously understands the game better than I, but it still feels like an incredibly risky call to make when you didn't have to.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Marshawn Lynch from the 1 yard line this season: 1 TD, 2 rushes for no gain, 2 rushes for a loss.

On top of that you have a run stop heavy look man-ISO coverage from the Patriots and you do a smart bunching pick play on a rookie dback for a cutthroat jugular attack when everyone and their mother expects it to go to Marshawn Lynch.

It was a ballsy aggressive call that would've caught any other team in the league way off guard and at worst you come out with the clock stopped on an incomplete to regroup for 3rd and 4th downs.

But God damn it leave it to Darth Belichick to have gotten his 8th string rookie undrafted dback ready for a bunched pick slant route on the goal line. Credit where credit is due niggas.
Be that as it may, why not chuck the read option in there? If everybody is expecting a Lynch run up the middle, wouldn't Wilson holding the ball be a nice wrinkle to have? I feel as though him fumbling is much less likely than the elite Pats secondary stepping up and picking him off.

Also separate point: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-final-offensive-play-call-040537044-nfl.html

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Dallas' calls on those big 4th down plays (Detroit and the Packers catch that was indisputably not a catch apparently) were ballsy and aggressive. Perhaps needlessly so but you have to admire their moxie.

But when you're on the 1-yard line with a top running game against an unspectacular run D, with three downs and timeouts to work with, don't get tricky. Why do coaches do this shit? Sure, you can try to fool them and do something other than the expected and it might work. But it's very, very likely going to work even if you do exactly what they expect because it's pretty damn hard to stop a team from gaining a single yard over three plays even if all they do is just ram it into the backside of 10+ really large dudes (well, the front side of half of them) for 1/3 a yard at a time.

Go fucking execute. Stop fucking throwing the ball on the 1-yard line unless you need to conserve time on a failed attempt or you want to audible to take advantage of a good matchup on the outside (elite #1 WR against dude six inches shorter than him). Especially in the fucking middle. How much more likely do you think trying to throw it into 10-man traffic is going to work than running in there? You're just more likely to turn the ball over. At least run the route to the back of the endzone and throw it high to a tall dude, not try to bullet it through the DL and into the arms of secondary players playing inside technique.

Sweet mother of tiny sample sizes, Batman!

Lynch was also 6 of 13 from within the 5 yard line (which is still "goal line defense" territory) and still only had those 2 rushes for loss and 2 for no gain. I'm sure you'd see similar numbers over the last three years or so.

Belichick knew one thing, though, that a lot of people aren't really considering. The clock was on his side. While we were screaming at him to take his timeout to give Brady one more shot, he trusted the defense to make a stop.

With 20 seconds left, three downs, and one timeout, it was virtually guaranteed that the Seahawks had to throw the ball on 2nd or 3rd down. The clock running out is still more likely than a turnover in that scenario! Run it on 2nd down, and you risk being short and having a sack on 3rd down end the game. Passing on 2nd down is the only way to basically guarantee you get all four shots to score, which is what Pete Carroll meant when he said that it was a call for 3rd and 4th down.

It was a miraculous defensive play, and I don't mean that as if luck has anything to do with it. A guy diagnosed the defense just as he was taught, his teammate put him in the position to make the play (Browner, by not getting "picked") and he executed the fuck out of the play. 10/10 at least the QBs aren't the heroes of the game.

This was probably the reaction of every salty ass pats hater around the world when butler made that int

Also please stop debating QBs

Tom Brady was 13/15 for 124 yards and 2 TDs on the final 2 drives of the game against the greatest defense of the modern era that many were starting to compare to the 85 bears.

He was 8/8 on the game winning drive (His 9th in the postseason 3 more than any other QB) and Hit 4 different receivers for TD passes.

He had spotty protection all game and was taking a lot of hits.

Keep in mind that all week people had the gall to call him a "Cheater" and question his "integrity."

The man is hands down the greatest Quarterback of all time.

People hate him because he's the best. Not because he's "arrogant" or whatever.

But please keep talking about the air pressure in footballs haters, it'll just be all the more funny when that blows up in your face too

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
1. The Lions game was BS. They should have won that. Those damn Cowboys
2. I will admit the Steelers game I was happy about because I hate the Steelers.
3. Ravens should have won. Nuff said.
4. Ice Bowl II was okay
5. The Super Bowl was awful this year because of my previous mentions.
6. I already mentioned the NFC championship game as a positive note in an otherwise really bad postseason
Also, the Colts didn't really deserve 2nd in the AFC. Winning against the Bengals isn't an accomplishment and we only beat Denver because Manning was injured
I'm really about to eat my keyboard on this one. Im sorry you disagree with the calls made on the field, or maybe you wanted to disagree with them and question the integrity of the game to what you THOUGHT was right. That is in no way an excuse to say the playoffs were bad, because actually this year's playoffs were some of the best and most talked about in recent memory. Take a minute to appreciate everything thats happened in this postseason, regardless of whether or not you agree in the call, and think of what it has done in your life rather than what you thought the calls should have been. Sorry this so vehemently disagrees with you, every game this postseason outside of AFC Championship was worth watching and was a good game in some ways. Disagreeing with that is petty and butthurt, to be honest.

I'm really about to eat my keyboard on this one. Im sorry you disagree with the calls made on the field, or maybe you wanted to disagree with them and question the integrity of the game to what you THOUGHT was right. That is in no way an excuse to say the playoffs were bad, because actually this year's playoffs were some of the best and most talked about in recent memory. Take a minute to appreciate everything thats happened in this postseason, regardless of whether or not you agree in the call, and think of what it has done in your life rather than what you thought the calls should have been. Sorry this so vehemently disagrees with you, every game this postseason outside of AFC Championship was worth watching and was a good game in some ways. Disagreeing with that is petty and butthurt, to be honest.
What happened?
Bengals played like shit(as usual)
Cardinals stoned by injuries
Panthers lose to their first good opponent
Colts were lucky to beat Denver
Broncos were really bad because Peyton was injured
DeflateGate
Steelers get beat
Seahawks comeback
Packers choke
Ravens get a come from behind loss
Lions lost to the refs
Cowboys' Dez Bryant "catch"
Patriots get their 4th ring
Seahawks get the biggest choke of the century
Colts win on my birthday. Pretty eventful postseason but not many positives. But I guess that's an opinion thing :P

Last edited:

This was probably the reaction of every salty ass pats hater around the world when butler made that int

Also please stop debating QBs

Tom Brady was 13/15 for 124 yards and 2 TDs on the final 2 drives of the game against the greatest defense of the modern era that many were starting to compare to the 85 bears.

He was 8/8 on the game winning drive (His 9th in the postseason 3 more than any other QB) and Hit 4 different receivers for TD passes.

He had spotty protection all game and was taking a lot of hits.

Keep in mind that all week people had the gall to call him a "Cheater" and question his "integrity."

The man is hands down the greatest Quarterback of all time.

People hate him because he's the best. Not because he's "arrogant" or whatever.

But please keep talking about the air pressure in footballs haters, it'll just be all the more funny when that blows up in your face too
Brady is the greatest ever for winning games. In a sport where even the quaterback has a small overall impact on the outcome of any given game. Great credentials there.

Wins/losses don't say anything about a quarterback. It's a meaningless stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)