OM Interviews (#26: OM room)

canno

formerly The Reptile
Can I ask you a question?

yes I'm double dipping shaddap ;_;

also s-sempai noticed me ~^u^~

Crap. What is the worst type in your opinion?
Worst is probably Grass.

What Pokémon would you give a boost? And what Pokémon would you make disaper if you could?
I'd give Breloom Knock Off and make Mew disappear.

Langur or Rhythms?
Langur

If you could make up any Pokemon and make Gamefreak add it to the next Pokemon generation...what Pokemon would it be as long as its type, ability, signature move(s), etc?
Fairy/Ground with Adaptability. 100/125/85/125/85/80. Fairy Dance: +1 Atk / +1 SpA / +2 Spe. I just made that up right now.

Can I ask you a question?

yes I'm double dipping shaddap ;_;

also s-sempai noticed me ~^u^~
y

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello TI.

I see you play BH still in your /rank, but I never see you battling. What kind of team do you run? Are you still a spore noob? Is BH your favorite OM/tier?

How do you feel about the current outcry on assist in BH? The evlimit?

There have been many instances on PS where I wish there was a !learnset [pokemon] command or something similar, where all moves a pokemon can learn are listed sorted by the level at which they learn, followed by tm/hm/tutor moves in some sort of formatting, that could be pretty useful. Could this be something that could be considered for future implementation?

How good are Bradford City FC this season, in your opinion? I feel like they might get far in the FA Cup competition.

Also, if you are truly from the Middle East, why don't you support ManCity? My guess is that you were a fan before they were taken over.

Thanks

Why do you hate stall?
It makes me cringe.
Good man.

Hello TI.
Hi.
I see you play BH still in your /rank, but I never see you battling. What kind of team do you run? Are you still a spore noob? Is BH your favorite OM/tier?
What? I'm pretty sure my /rank is empty. I have not played BH in gen 6. I played a lot it gen 5 as you and Adrian would know. BH was my favorite and the only OM I played in gen 5, but like I said, I have not gotten into it in gen 6.
How do you feel about the current outcry on assist in BH? The evlimit?
I have no experience in the current BH metagame so I can't comment on Assist. BH is supposed to follow the limitations imposed by the game, so I support the EV limit.
There have been many instances on PS where I wish there was a !learnset [pokemon] command or something similar, where all moves a pokemon can learn are listed sorted by the level at which they learn, followed by tm/hm/tutor moves in some sort of formatting, that could be pretty useful. Could this be something that could be considered for future implementation?
Probably not. You can use the PS dex, which I believe is linked at the bottom left. I think the dex lists all of those.
How good are Bradford City FC this season, in your opinion? I feel like they might get far in the FA Cup competition.
no comment
Also, if you are truly from the Middle East, why don't you support ManCity? My guess is that you were a fan before they were taken over.
Well I wasn't born here but have lived here most of my life. And I was a Chelsea fan long before, as a kid.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
#6 Pikachuun

Hi

Sup

How did you get into Pokemon?
When I was 5, a friend's brother of mine introduced me to Pokemon Yellow. The rest is ancient history. I got into competitive one day through the flaming spade, as he showed off Pokemon Showdown one day. I was like "Ooh a Pokemon battle simulator on the computer? That sounds nice, I don't play Pokemon that often on console due to little time". After I found Smogon, I simply took a look around in the forums for a while, and really got interested in OU, since OMs were few and far between at that time I've never heard of them. Laga, a friend of mine got me into Doubles, and after I got bored of that, since I thought Doubles was obviously an OM, I decided to look for other Other Metagames. At that time, I found Balanced Hackmons and fell in love with the tier

What's the most influential thing you've done regarding OM's?
People should definitely know me from the amount of coding I do for various Other Metagames. That's probably the most influential thing I've done for the community so far.

What was the most difficult thing you've coded?
In terms of tediousness, probably Touhoumon (Not an OM but basically a fangame of Pokemon/Touhou), which is still being coded. In terms of actual difficulty for something I successfully coded, I'd say probably Playstyle Reversal. I tried to code Technicianmons but that was very complicated for me (probably because I was doing it wrong).

What advise would you give to people who want to get started with coding?
Make a few random simple edits of already existing code, like add a new command that basically does something similar to an old one if you want to code commands. In the case of OMs, make a simple Pet Mod that basically has one or two things changed, like Pikachu's base stats. Basically, just toy around with some already existing code. That's how I learned it anyway.

What is your favorite Other Metagame?
My favorite OM is most likely Balanced Hackmons. Classic Hackmons as well as STABmons are both close seconds. I don't really have a favorite Pet Mod, but I guess Joimmons as it was my first.

What is in your opinion the most underrated Other Metagame?
I feel that Typemons is a bit underrated. It's quite similar to STABmons, but you get to pick a type for your entire team to run instead of just 1 Pokemon at a time.

What do you think is the most fun about OMs?
The most fun thing about OMs is, for me, the variety. There are so many cool/fun options in most OMs that you couldn't do normally and to me that's what makes OMs fun.

What's your favorite playstyle?
My favorite playstyle is definitely Offense.

What's your favorite Pokemon to use?
My favorite pokemon to use dependent on tier. For instance, in BH, I like to use Hoopa-Unbound, while in STABmons, I like to use Heatran.

Which OM Player do you respect the most?
Adrian Marin, because he's one of the players that truly got me into BH Stall. I believe by learning from him I became better at a lot of playstyles, not just in BH, but OMs in general. Effectively by learning how to counter the metagame, I learned exactly what each of my teams' weak points were.

Who do you think is the most underrated OM Player?
Not that many people talk about CactusCacti, so I guess him. It takes a lot of skill to be good enough at using gimmicks to get him the rank he's got.

What advise do you have for people who want to get into OM's?
Have a somewhat decent start in a standard tier like OU first, just so you know what you're doing since a lot of OMs are based on OU. Once you have a decent start, it's a matter of selecting which OM appeals to you the most. Then look around the thread of said tier for a while until you think you know what you can do. Basically familiarize yourself with the threats present within the meta.

What do you think of the project Other Metagame of the Month?
They're a pretty cool concept, as it gives some of the OMs that otherwise would probably have not been noticed some much needed screen time.

Do you have a team for people to get into OM's?
Code:
Zapdos @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Heatran (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Quiet Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Solar Beam

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

Azelf @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Taunt

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Chlorophyll / Desolate Land
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Final Gambit
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Earthquake
This is a sun team I made for AAA that will probably get you introduced to the concept of sun teams in general. Basically it's based around sweeping with Chlorotran. Infernape's there to trap Flash Fire Steels such as Ferrothorn that you can't beat otherwise. Victini can either be Chlorophyll as well or Desolate Land depending on whether you want more sweeping action or getting around Primordial Sea.

Do you have any final words?
o3o

Why do you like the ugly pikachu?
srs why do you like pikachu so much?
mfk pichu pikachu raichu
Do you think I'm kawaii?
Who is the most overrated OMer in your opinion?

Tips on how to tolerate low ladderers.

How do you feel about being the first Interviewee without a title?

What advice do you have for ppl who want to start learning Japanese?

How did you get into Pokemon?
When I was 5, a friend's brother of mine introduced me to Pokemon Yellow.
a friend's brother of mine

List your twelve favorite pokemon.

Do you play any tiers other than OU and OMs? What do you think of them?

If you could banish one move from existence, which would it be?

Have you ever used stall? What was your longest battle turn wise?

Do you plan on making any more OMs?

am i luky n bad

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
(.3.)/
Yes?
Thoughts on Lana?
idk
He's pretty cool
Ban Diggersbae already
Pikachuun do you think I'm kawaii?
レプタイロさんはとてもかわいいですねえ。
Why do you like the ugly pikachu?
srs why do you like pikachu so much?
I like mice/rodents, my first game was Pokemon Yellow, put 2 and 2 together.
mfk pichu pikachu raichu
Why would I do those things to Pokemon lol
Do you think I'm kawaii?
キーンさんもかわいいですねえ。
Who is the most overrated OMer in your opinion?
I have no idea
What do you think about Magikarp?
I'm still working on that backdoor for when you run out of Splash PP you autowin
Favorite Pikachu Cosplay form?
Ph.D. She's 3smart5me
Best rule of Hackmons?
Rule 59
Tips on how to tolerate low ladderers.
Stop trying. You can't. Or just be like me and laugh at them internally
How do you feel about being the first Interviewee without a title?
Horray for being different
What advice do you have for ppl who want to start learning Japanese?
Go to a Japanese class for 2 semesters. That's what I'm doing and it's obviously working!

For your information my grammar is completely, 200%, sound.
List your twelve favorite pokemon.
Pikachu, Goomy, Mew, Dedenne, Marill, shaymin, Eevee, Sign Climbers Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Pichu, Audino
Do you play any tiers other than OU and OMs? What do you think of them?
I played RU once. I got rekt by The Flaming Spade and stopped after that.
If you could banish one move from existence, which would it be?
Quash. If I wanted law in my Pokemon games I would've studied it
Have you ever used stall? What was your longest battle turn wise?
As stated earlier, I got started in BH by using paranoid stall. My longest battle was 767 turns long, versus myself, with only Magikarps that have Splash. I was unable to save the replay though
Do you plan on making any more OMs?
Soon® .3.
am i luky n bad
No, you're skillful and good :]
STALL BEATS ALL
AT THE VERY LEAST IT MADE ME !GIT GUD

Was there ever a time when you thought you were very good in a tier, but then something or someone came around and made you look puny?

Thoughts on Life?

Weirdest dream you've ever had?

Most overrated pokemon?

Most underrated pokemon?

Most forgettable pokemon?

Most times people have asked you questions starting with "most" in a row?

Biggest pet peeve?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)