The Walkthrough Tournament - ORAS Edition [Sign Ups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Approved by me
Artkwork incoming soon

The Walkthrough Tournament - ORAS Edition
Rules

1. Each round will be placed at a different part of the game Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire Version. There will be restrictions in level, Pokemon availability, TM availability and item availability. These will be dependent on where you are in the game. As the rounds go on, more things will obviously open up.

This is the example format for rounds.

Mr. Briney's Cottage

Level Restriction: 15

Pokemon Available

Treecko (no HA)
Torchic (no HA)
Mudkip (no HA)
Poochyena
Zigzagoon
Wurmple (+ evolutions)
Wingull
Lotad / Lombre (AS)
Seedot / Nuzleaf (OR)
Ralts
Surskit
Taillow
Schroomish
Slakoth
Makuhita (no HA)
Nincada
Whismur
Skitty

Technical Machines Available:

TM39 (Rock Tomb)
TM49 (Echoed Voice)
TM54 (False Swipe)
HM01 (Cut)

Items Available:

Oran Berry
Pecha Berry
Cheri Berry
Chesto Berry
Rawst Berry
Aspear Berry
Leppa Berry
Persim Berry
Quick Claw (one)
Float Stone (one)
Miracle Seed (one)

2. You are not required to send teams to me for approval, but if you have questions on whether your team is legal, feel free to ask me.

3. Only one Starter Pokemon may be used on any team.

4. When signin for the tournament, you must specify which version of the game you will use (Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby).

5. Species Clause, Sleep Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, and Self KO clause are in effect

6. OU banlist is in effect, at the exception of Blaziken. Speed Boost will be unreleased and Blazikenite banned. Event Pokemons are banned as well (Steven's Beldum, Eon Ticket Lati, Serperior, Tyrantrum, etc)

7. There is no rule against scouting, however if you are in the tournament and you spectate a match that a participant asks you to leave in you may be disqualified.

8. To avoid an exessively unbalanced metagame, Pokemon evolving by trading and evolutionary stones from the Super Training will be banned during the first rounds of the tournament.

9. About NaviDex: It allows almost any Pokemon with the Hidden Ability, except when I specify "no HA" next to the Pokemon's name.

10. Eggs move are banned from the Tournament (even if they are available with NaviDex)

11. Every level limit applies to the level of the Pokemon in the teambuilder, but also on the list of level-up moves available.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
in

(can we choose, say, Ruby one round and sapphire the next?)

Sapphire

Last edited:
in and sticking with alpha sapphire

though i still got two questions just to be clear:
1. since we are sticking with OR or AS for the whole tournament do we also have to stick with the same starter once we chose one?
2. is this played on (going with the example here) lvl 15 or is it played on level 100 and lvl restriction is just telling the participant what moves are available on the pokemon so far?

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
in and sticking with alpha sapphire

though i still got two questions just to be clear:
1. since we are sticking with OR or AS for the whole tournament do we also have to stick with the same starter once we chose one?
2. is this played on (going with the example here) lvl 15 or is it played on level 100 and lvl restriction is just telling the participant what moves are available on the pokemon so far?
Only one starter at the same time, but I'm allowing to change because it's a pain to check and it doesn't matter that much. Same will go for fossils.
The level must be set to 15

ty for answering so soon :]
Gotta ask something else though now. lvl is set to 15 and only the moves that the pokemon can learn till then are allowed or all lvl up moves are allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)