UU Scrafty

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
QC: Hikari, dodmen, IronBullet93
GP: The Dutch Plumberjack, frenzyplant

Overview
########

Scrafty is the most unviable Pokemon currently in the UU tier. This is mostly due to the fact that it is outclassed by every other Fighting-type in performing its roles. Nevertheless, it still has good Defense and Special Defense, albeit along with second-rate further stats, as well as a good offensive movepool with access to coverage moves ranging from Poison Jab to Ice Punch and STAB moves such as Knock Off and Drain Punch. Scrafty also has access to three good abilities, but it is unable to make optimal use of them. In addition, its typing doesn't complement its defenses whatsoever, as Dark / Fighting only has three resistances and one immunity and also has weaknesses to three common types.

Bulk Up
########
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up
move 2: Drain Punch
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Rest
ability: Shed Skin
item: Leftovers
evs: 248 HP / 240 SpD / 20 Spe
nature: Careful

Moves
========

Scrafty's highest stats are its defenses, making Bulk Up a good option for a setup move, as it allows Scrafty to continuously take physical hits while still increasing its Attack. Drain Punch gives Scrafty a way to damage foes and recover health at the same time. Knock Off removes the items of opposing Pokemon and has good coverage in conjunction with Drain Punch. Rest allows Scrafty to heal itself and remove any status inflicted upon it.

Set Details
========

Leftovers allows Scrafty to gain a bit of its health each turn, increasing its longevity. Shed Skin has a chance to remove status effects inflicted upon Scrafty, which is especially useful as it can cure the sleep resulting from Rest. The EVs maximize Scrafty's special bulk while allowing it to outspeed uninvested base 60s.

Usage Tips
========

Scrafty is best sent in on specially offensive Pokemon that can't break through it, such as non-Dazzling Gleam Roserade and Choice Scarf Hydreigon, so that it can set up on them. Fairy-, Flying-, and Fighting-types are immediate stops to this set, so it is essential to remove them before attempting a sweep.

Team Options
========

Scrafty's biggest problems are Fairy-types. Due to this, Steel-, Poison-, and Fire-types, such as Lucario, Crobat, and Entei, make excellent partners. Flying-types are common stops to any Scrafty sweep, so removing them is mandatory. The best Pokemon to do as such are Rock-, Ice-, and Electric-types such as Mega Aerodactyl, Kyurem, and Heliolisk. Opposing Fighting-types stop Scrafty from effectively carrying out a sweep, making Flying- and Psychic-types such as Mega Pidgeot and Reuniclus astounding partners. Cloyster and Speed Boost Yanmega are fine examples of cleaners that appreciate Scrafty's ability to weaken the opposing team.

Dragon Dance
########
name: Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
move 4: Poison Jab
ability: Shed Skin / Moxie / Intimidate
item: Leftovers / Life Orb / Lum Berry
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly / Adamant

Moves
========

Dragon Dance boosts Scrafty's Attack and Speed by one stage, but even at +1 Speed and Attack, Scrafty still fails to outspeed or OHKO a majority of the tier. High Jump Kick has a great 130 Base Power and is boosted by STAB, although Scrafty's mediocre Attack stat doesn't allow it to hit as hard as expected. Alternatively, Drain Punch gives Scrafty the ability to recover some health while attempting a sweep, but it doesn't hit hard by any stretch of the imagination. Knock Off is a marvelous secondary STAB move that removes the item of opposing Pokemon. Poison Jab provides necessary coverage, as it hits Fairy-types super effectively.

Set Details
========

The EVs are maxed out in both Attack and Speed to maximize Scrafty's extremely low sweeping potential. The 4 leftover EVs are put into Special Defense to ensure Download Porygon-Z and Porygon2 don't get a boost to their Special Attack should they switch into Scrafty. A Jolly nature is used to outspeed Timid Tornadus after a boost as well as Modest Exploud before a boost. On the other hand, an Adamant nature boosts Scrafty's damage output, but only lets it outspeed up to uninvested base 86s before a boost and Jolly Haxorus after a boost. Scrafty should choose its ability and item depending on the moveset. Leftovers gives Scrafty passive recovery and is thus best used with either Shed Skin or Intimidate. Life Orb gives Scrafty a 30% damage boost but has recoil, so it is best used with Drain Punch, although High Jump Kick variants also appreciate the damage boost. Lum Berry grants Scrafty a one-time immunity to status, which is useful as long as Shed Skin isn't the ability of choice. Shed Skin removes status inflicted upon Scrafty, making it easier to sweep past teams that rely on status to stop setup sweepers. Moxie nabs an Attack boost with each KO Scrafty gets, making it easier for Scrafty to progressively sweep. Lastly, Intimidate allows Scrafty to lower the opposing Pokemon's Attack by one stage upon switching in, making it easier for Scrafty to set up.

Usage Tips
========

Scrafty should set up whenever possible depending on the item, ability, and moveset chosen. A prime example of this is setting up on Cofagrigus when using either Lum Berry or Shed Skin variants. Only attempt to sweep after removing Scrafty's various checks and counters.

Team Options
========

Wallbreakers such as Choice Band Entei and Choice Specs Kyurem help remove walls that deter Scrafty from sweeping. Shaymin is an amazing partner, as it not only can wallbreak but also has access to Healing Wish, which allows Scrafty more than one chance to attempt a sweep. Fairy-types are the main stop to Scrafty's limited effectiveness, making Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-types such as Darmanitan, Aggron, and Nidoqueen, respectively, good partners. Mega Aerodactyl removes Flying-types as well as Fighting-types, making it a great partner. Other Pokemon that remove Fairy-, Fighting-, or Flying-types, such as Doublade, also make for great Scrafty teammates.

Other Options
########

Ice Punch allows Scrafty to hit Gligar and Salamence, among others, for super effective damage, making it an option on the Dragon Dance set. However, Poison Jab's coverage is usually superior. Iron Head can be used over Poison Jab on the Dragon Dance set for the flinch chance, but it misses out on the all-important 2HKO on Whimsicott. Zen Headbutt is another option on the Dragon Dance set for super effective coverage on a plethora of Pokemon, ranging from Crobat to Heracross. A Choice Band set can be used for an immediate damage boost, but Scrafty can't utilize the item well.

Checks & Counters
########

**Bulky Fairy-types**: Bulky Fairy-types can OHKO Scrafty with their STAB moves and can't be OHKOed by Poison Jab even after a boost.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Heracross and Mienshao check Scrafty, as they can OHKO it with their STAB moves while Scrafty needs Zen Headbutt to be able to OHKO them.

**Fast Flying-types**: Flying-types with high Speed stats can easily outspeed Scrafty after a boost and OHKO it with their STAB moves. Examples of such Pokemon are Mega Aerodactyl and Crobat.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ugh I can't believe I of all people am the one to be posting this.

Regardless, I know this is a WIP, but I would like to give you a friendly reminder that while you're working on this, keep in mind that Scrafty is a Pokemon whose usage should be discouraged. Scrafty is largely deemed by the UU community to be almost non viable in UU as it stands, as even though it is supposed to sweep a team, it is almost never actually sweeping a competent team in the UU metagame as it stands. Reason for this is that it is not that powerful with boosts, and even after boosting, due to its poor Speed and meh typing, there are many easy ways to destroy Scrafty right now. Fairies such as Florges, Aromatisse, and Slurpuff basically crush Scrafty and it can't really do much to them back aside from Iron Head or Poison Jab, which, while decently powerful, isn't KOing them. it's also very easy to revenge kill with all the Scarf Fighting-types like Mienshao and Infernape, and the prominence of Crobat and Fletchinder in the tier further inhibits it. It's not directly outclassed, but things like Heracross, Krookodile, Salamence, Honchkrow, Lucario, and many other things are more effective in this metagame and can actually competently sweep teams unlike Scrafty (again, none of these Pokemon outclass Scrafty directly; its lack of viability stems from extreme mediocrity on the part of Scrafty).

So to put it in a nutshell: you should make the brief points: the metagame is extremely hostile to Scrafty as it stands, and it is unable to perform its niches effectively as its good traits are either easily exploitable or are overriden by constraints that Scrafty fails to break out of in the UU metagame.

If you want an idea of the kind of tone in which this analysis should be written, you can read the RU analyses for Ambipom and Claydol in the preliminary Pokedex forum, as the style in which those are written should give a good idea of how Scrafty's analysis should be written as it stands.

As I said, I find it unbelievable that I'm the one of all people to be saying these words. But, on the behalf of the UU community, this must be done.

Kreme

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Ugh I can't believe I of all people am the one to be posting this.

Regardless, I know this is a WIP, but I would like to give you a friendly reminder that while you're working on this, keep in mind that Scrafty is a Pokemon whose usage should be discouraged. Scrafty is largely deemed by the UU community to be almost non viable in UU as it stands, as even though it is supposed to sweep a team, it is almost never actually sweeping a competent team in the UU metagame as it stands. Reason for this is that it is not that powerful with boosts, and even after boosting, due to its poor Speed and meh typing, there are many easy ways to destroy Scrafty right now. Fairies such as Florges, Aromatisse, and Slurpuff basically crush Scrafty and it can't really do much to them back aside from Iron Head or Poison Jab, which, while decently powerful, isn't KOing them. it's also very easy to revenge kill with all the Scarf Fighting-types like Mienshao and Infernape, and the prominence of Crobat and Fletchinder in the tier further inhibits it. It's not directly outclassed, but things like Heracross, Krookodile, Salamence, Honchkrow, Lucario, and many other things are more effective in this metagame and can actually competently sweep teams unlike Scrafty (again, none of these Pokemon outclass Scrafty directly; its lack of viability stems from extreme mediocrity on the part of Scrafty).

So to put it in a nutshell: you should make the brief points: the metagame is extremely hostile to Scrafty as it stands, and it is unable to perform its niches effectively as its good traits are either easily exploitable or are overriden by constraints that Scrafty fails to break out of in the UU metagame.

If you want an idea of the kind of tone in which this analysis should be written, you can read the RU analyses for Ambipom and Claydol in the preliminary Pokedex forum, as the style in which those are written should give a good idea of how Scrafty's analysis should be written as it stands.

As I said, I find it unbelievable that I'm the one of all people to be saying these words. But, on the behalf of the UU community, this must be done.
Woah chill lol, I wasn't planning on making Scrafty seem good or anything lol. I know it's bad. I just needed to put some shit on the WIP before I went to sleep.

Add CB in OO. Zen Heatbutt too, because it hits Heracross and Toxicroak for SE damage, both of them resits its STABs, and provides usable coverage in the UU meta (Nidos, other Fighting mons, Crobat).

Ice Punch can be used to hit Salamence for super-effective damage but generally the coverage given by Iron Head is superior.
Gligar and Crobat too.

Kreme

Add CB in OO. Zen Heatbutt too, because it hits Heracross and Toxicroak for SE damage, both of them resits its STABs, and provides usable coverage in the UU meta (Nidos, other Fighting mons, Crobat).

Gligar and Crobat too.
All the changes are implemented.

There is no mention of Heracross or Toxicroak in C&C. Mention them and how they beat all Scrafty lacking Zen Headbutt.

Also, if Assault Vest is so bad of a set, then why are you mentioning it in OO? OO is meant to describe other options that are usable. Assault Vest, as you said, is really bad on Scrafty, so remove it.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
There is no mention of Heracross or Toxicroak in C&C. Mention them and how they beat all Scrafty lacking Zen Headbutt.

Also, if Assault Vest is so bad of a set, then why are you mentioning it in OO? OO is meant to describe other options that are usable. Assault Vest, as you said, is really bad on Scrafty, so remove it.
its probably better to mention not to use it or someone may see intimidate and be "omg assault vest" when its actually terrible

Kreme

Mentioned Heracross in the fighting type category but Toxicroak falls under the same category so I dont feel the need to mention it. Also removed AssVest.

Btw, feel free to negate my comments, I'm obviously not QC and these are just some of my thoughts.

I'd mention in the overview how Fairies regardless of Scrafty getting IH/PJ, easily beat it because they resist both its STABs. For example, defensive Florges avoids the 3HKO from 0 Atk Scrafty's Poison Jab. Aromatisse does the exact same, but avoids the 4HKO from a +0 Poison Jab. Slurpuff avoids the 3HKO. The only real target that it hits well is Whimsicott.

• Good offensive movepool with access to a plethora of coverage moves from Outrage to Iron Head - I really wouldn't mention Outrage. The coverage isn't really useful because it's a p bad option on Scrafty. Haxorus gets STAB and makes fully use of it due it being actually powerful.
I'd also mention in Overview that it has pretty good abilities to profit from.

Nitpicky at the BU set, but in Set Details, first point, I'd mention what base 60s it outspeeds (Porygon2, for example; avoiding Toxic / Twave / Tri Attack is p decent since it PhysDef deals 35% and offensive tank does at least 55%.)

i'd also mention in BU set in TO stuff that take care of Fighting-types. I'd also mention something to handle Flying-types. As simple as this looks, these Pokemon constitently force Scrafty out.

For this reason above, I'd use Poison Jab over Iron Head on the DD set and swap the mentions in OO. Iron Head only really hits Rock-types outside of Fairies which are hit by Drain Punch anyway. Poison Jab 2HKOes Whimsicott. Iron Head has only a 33% chance to 3HKO. I know this is the only target, but the Poison chance helps too because it damages the opponent, giving Scrafty an easier time KOing its foes.

in TO i'd also mention again, stuff that can handle Fairy-types. Even with max Attack, Florges avoids the 2HKO at +0. Aromatisse avoids the 3HKO. Slurpuff can be touched but that's going to outspeeed Scrafty anyway. Whimsicott can cripple Scrafty with a twave or lock it into encore. Flying-types can come in too and KO Scrafty.

I think Taunt can go in OO. It helps a lot w/ beating defensive mons Scrafty struggles with. (Nidoqueen, Blissey, Defensive Arcanine, opposing Florges upon switch in)

Kreme

Btw, feel free to negate my comments, I'm obviously not QC and these are just some of my thoughts.

I'd mention in the overview how Fairies regardless of Scrafty getting IH/PJ, easily beat it because they resist both its STABs. For example, defensive Florges avoids the 3HKO from 0 Atk Scrafty's Poison Jab. Aromatisse does the exact same, but avoids the 4HKO from a +0 Poison Jab. Slurpuff avoids the 3HKO. The only real target that it hits well is Whimsicott.

• Good offensive movepool with access to a plethora of coverage moves from Outrage to Iron Head - I really wouldn't mention Outrage. The coverage isn't really useful because it's a p bad option on Scrafty. Haxorus gets STAB and makes fully use of it due it being actually powerful.
I'd also mention in Overview that it has pretty good abilities to profit from.

Nitpicky at the BU set, but in Set Details, first point, I'd mention what base 60s it outspeeds (Porygon2, for example; avoiding Toxic / Twave / Tri Attack is p decent since it PhysDef deals 35% and offensive tank does at least 55%.)

i'd also mention in BU set in TO stuff that take care of Fighting-types. I'd also mention something to handle Flying-types. As simple as this looks, these Pokemon constitently force Scrafty out.

For this reason above, I'd use Poison Jab over Iron Head on the DD set and swap the mentions in OO. Iron Head only really hits Rock-types outside of Fairies which are hit by Drain Punch anyway. Poison Jab 2HKOes Whimsicott. Iron Head has only a 33% chance to 3HKO. I know this is the only target, but the Poison chance helps too because it damages the opponent, giving Scrafty an easier time KOing its foes.

in TO i'd also mention again, stuff that can handle Fairy-types. Even with max Attack, Florges avoids the 2HKO at +0. Aromatisse avoids the 3HKO. Slurpuff can be touched but that's going to outspeeed Scrafty anyway. Whimsicott can cripple Scrafty with a twave or lock it into encore. Flying-types can come in too and KO Scrafty.

I think Taunt can go in OO. It helps a lot w/ beating defensive mons Scrafty struggles with. (Nidoqueen, Blissey, Defensive Arcanine, opposing Florges upon switch in)
Thanks for the input, will implement the changes soon.

Edit: Just finished implementing the changes that I thought should have been implemented.

Last edited:
I would remove Florges as a teammate for Scrafty regarding Wish passing; if you are going to use Dragon Dance Scrafty, you need a lot of offensive pressure in order to break down Scrafty's numerous checks. Two or three other offensive Pokemon on a balanced team will not cut it: a Pokemon as mediocre as Scrafty needs an immense amount of offensive pressure from its teammates in order to handle the numerous amount of Pokemon that can check Scrafty, including faster Pokemon like Crobat, Fairy Types like Florges, etc. Scrafty is hardly worth using, but its Dragon Dance set is really going to want an immense amount of offensive pressure from its teammates due to the numerous amount of Pokemon that can stop it at +1 if they are not appropriately dealt with.

Kreme

I would remove Florges as a teammate for Scrafty regarding Wish passing; if you are going to use Dragon Dance Scrafty, you need a lot of offensive pressure in order to break down Scrafty's numerous checks. Two or three other offensive Pokemon on a balanced team will not cut it: a Pokemon as mediocre as Scrafty needs an immense amount of offensive pressure from its teammates in order to handle the numerous amount of Pokemon that can check Scrafty, including faster Pokemon like Crobat, Fairy Types like Florges, etc. Scrafty is hardly worth using, but its Dragon Dance set is really going to want an immense amount of offensive pressure from its teammates due to the numerous amount of Pokemon that can stop it at +1 if they are not appropriately dealt with.
OK so removed the Wish passing section from TO as Wish passers are generally passive anyway and just added Shaymin in there instead.

Kreme

I finally finished the write up, so ready for the final QC check.

Since Scrafty is a horrible Pokemon to use, you may want to change the names of its sets to something more negative. Change the name of the sets to "DON'T USE SCRAFTY IN UU (Bulk Up) / (Dragon Dance)" since battlers will usually look at the set names first and not bother reading the rest.

Expand C&C and mention offensive pressure in general, numerous Pokemon are capable of hitting Scrafty hard and discourage it from setting up. Mention Common Choice Scarf users that stop Scrafty at +1, since almost all of them can outspeed Scrafty and KO it after some prior damage.

Mention physical walls like Mega Aggron, Hippowdon, and Chesnaught in C&C as well, in terms of checking the Dragon Dance set, Scrafty has issues breaking through these Pokemon at +1 and will almost always lose to them unless they have been weakened.

Last edited:

Kreme

Since Scrafty is a horrible Pokemon to use, you may want to change the names of its sets to something more negative. Change the name of the sets to "DON'T USE SCRAFTY IN UU (Bulk Up) / (Dragon Dance)" since battlers will usually look at the set names first and not bother reading the rest.

Expand C&C and mention offensive pressure in general, numerous Pokemon are capable of hitting Scrafty hard and discourage it from setting up. Mention Common Choice Scarf users that stop Scrafty at +1, since almost all of them can outspeed Scrafty and KO it after some prior damage.

Mention physical walls like Mega Aggron, Hippowdon, and Chesnaught in C&C as well, in terms of checking the Dragon Dance set, Scrafty has issues breaking through these Pokemon at +1 and will almost always lose to them unless they have been weakened.
I appreciate the input but honestly, if I were to really expand C&C there'd be quite a bit much, considering how piss Scrafty is. Considering I'm already at GP stage as well, I don't think changing the name of the sets is as necessary at this point. I know that we're going to try and discourage Scrafty's usage in UU but honestly speaking, I just feel like it's being used in smite more than anything.

I appreciate the input but honestly, if I were to really expand C&C there'd be quite a bit much, considering how piss Scrafty is. Considering I'm already at GP stage as well, I don't think changing the name of the sets is as necessary at this point. I know that we're going to try and discourage Scrafty's usage in UU but honestly speaking, I just feel like it's being used in smite more than anything.
My point is that in general, battlers generally do not read the rest of the analysis, only the basic information on the name of the sets, EV spreads, and moves of each set. Changing the names would tell people who do not bother to read anything else (which are good in number) to not use Scrafty.

Mr. Uncompetitive

What makes us human?
is a Contributor Alumnus
am checkin. Still pretty amateur at this so sorry for any mistakes (think I might have been a tad overboard with subjective changes)

Scrafty is the most unviable Pokemon currently in the UU tier. This is mostly due to the fact that it is outclassed by every other Fighting-type in its roles. Nevertheless, it still has good defense stats Defense and Special Defense, albeit having otherwise second-rate stats everywhere else (This is pretty subjective, but I worded it this way because even though Scrafty has good Defense and Special Defense, its HP is relatively bad.). It does, however, carry a good offensive movepool with access to coverage moves ranging from Poison Jab to Ice Punch, as well as STAB moves such as Knock Off and Drain Punch. Its typing doesn't compliment its stats defenses whatsoever, (AC) as defensively, the combination of Dark- and Fighting-types Dark / Fighting typing only has resists 3 three resistances types as well as being immune to one immunity, but has weaknesses to 3 three common types. Scrafty does not do its ability choices justice it has access to 3 good abilities, but is unable to make maximum optimal use of them.

Bulk Up
########

Moves
========

Scrafty's highest stats are its defenses, making Bulk Up a good option for a set up setup move, as it boosts Scrafty's Defense and Attack at the same time. Drain Punch gives Scrafty a way to both damage the opponent as well as recovering recover health at the same time. Knock Off removes the item of opposing Pokemon as well as having and has good coverage in conjunction with Drain Punch. Rest allows Scrafty to remove any status inflicted upon it.

Set Details
========

Leftovers allows Scrafty to gain 6% of its health each turn, therefore giving it passive recovery. Shed Skin removes status effects inflicted upon Scrafty, which is especially useful as it cures the sleep status gained after the use of Rest. The EVs allow Scrafty to maximize its special bulk while outspeeding uninvested base 60s.

Usage Tips
========

Scrafty is best sent in on specially offensive Pokemon that can't break through it, such as non-Dazzling Gleam Roserade and Scarf Hydreigon being examples, and set up on them. Fairy-, Flying-, and Fighting-types are immediate stops to this set, (Remove Comma) . (Add Period) therefore Therefore, (AC) it is essential to remove them before attempting a sweep.

Team Options
========

Scrafty's biggest problems are Fairy-types, (Remove Comma) . (Add Period) due Due to this, (AC) Steel-, Poison-, and Fire-types make excellent partners. Respective examples of Pokemon of those types are Lucario, Crobat, and Entei. Cloyster and Speed Bosot Boost Yanmega are fine examples of cleaners which appreciate Scrafty. (I'm not QC or anything, but why exactly are these cleaners good teammates? I'd also personally move this sentence towards the end of the paragraph because you're mainly talking about types Scrafty has trouble with in the sentences before and after this one) Flying-types are common stops to any Scrafty sweep so removing them is mandatory. The best Pokemon to do as such are Rock-, Ice-, and Electric-types (Add Hyphen) such as Mega Aerodactyl, Kyurem, and Heliolisk. Opposing Fighting-types stop Scrafty from effectively carrying out a sweep, (AC) thus making Flying-, (RC) and Psychic-types, (AC) like Mega Pidgeot and Reuniclus respectively, (AC) astonishing astounding (I think that's the word you may have been intending. "Astonishing" doesn't really work here) partners.

Dragon Dance
########

Moves
========

Albeit Despite boosting Scrafty's Attack and Speed stats by one stage, Dragon Dance still doesn't help Scrafty overcome the mountain it has to climb before becoming a viable Pokemon in the UnderUsed tier. At +1 Speed and Attack, Scrafty still fails to outspeed or OHKO a majority of the tier. High Jump Kick is the first slash on the second moveslot as it is a 130 BP STAB move that hits hard, although Scrafty's mediocre Attack stat doesn't allow it to hit as hard as expected. Drain Punch is the second slash as it permits Scrafty the ability to recover some health while attempting a sweep, (AC) but it doesn't hit hard by any stretch of the imagination. Knock Off warrants the third moveslot, (AC) as it is a marvelous secondary STAB move that removes the item of opposing Pokemon. Poison Jab provides necessary coverage as it hits Fairy-types super effectively, thus used in the fourth moveslot.

Set Details
========

The EVs are maxed out in both Attack and Speed as they are the stats boosted by Dragon Dance, thus maximizing its Scrafty's extremely low sweeping potential. The 4 EVs are put into Special Defense to ensure Porygon-Z (Add Hyphen) and Porygon 2 Porygon2 don't get a Download boost to their Special Attack should they switch into Scrafty.`A Jolly nature is used to be able to outspeed up to Timid Tornadus after a boost as well as up to MOdest Modest Exploud before a boost. On the other hand, an Adamant nature allows Scrafty to gain a damage buff, (AC) but it only outspeeds up to uninvested base 86s before a boost and Jolly Haxorus after a boost. Scrafty should choose its ability and item depending on the moveset, and the preferable item and ability. Leftovers gives Scrafty passive recovery and is thus best used with either Shed Skin or Intimidate. Life Orb gives Scrafty a 10% 30% damage boost but has passive recoil, (AC) so it is best used with Drain Punch, although High Jump Kick variants also appreciate the damage boost. Lum Berry grants Scrafty a one-time immunity to status thus making it useful as long as Shed Skin isn't the ability of choice. Shed Skin removes status inflicted upon Scrafty, making it easier to sweep past teams that rely on status to stop set up setup sweepers. Moxie nabs an Attack boost with each KO Scrafty gets, making it easier for Scrafty to progressively sweep. Lastly, Intimidate allows Scrafty to lower the opposing Pokemon's Attack by one stage upon switch switching in, making it easier for Scrafty to set up.

Usage Tips
========

Scrafty should set up whenever available possible which depends depending on the item, ability, and moveset chosen. A prime example of this is setting up on Cofagrigus when using either Lum Berry or Shed Skin variants. Only attempt sweeping after removing Scrafty's various checks and counters.

Team Options
========

Wallbreakers, (AC) such as Choice Banded Entei and Choice Specs Kyurem, (AC) help remove walls that deter Scrafty from sweeping, Choice Banded Entei and Choice Specs Kyurem are perfect examples of wallbreakers. Shaymin is an amazing Scrafty partner as it not only wallbreaks, but has access to Healing Wish which allows Scrafty to have more than one chance to attempt a sweep. Fairy-types are the main stop to Scrafty's limited effectiveness, (AC) thus making Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-types, (AC) such as Darmanitan, Aggron, and Nidoqueen respectively, (AC) good partners. Mega Aerodactyl removes Flying-types as well as Fighting-types, (AC) thus making it a great Scrafty partner. Other Pokemon that remove either Fairy-, Fighting-, or Flying-types make for great Scrafty teammates.

Other Options
########

Ice Punch allows Scrafty to hit Gligar and Salamence, (AC) among others, (AC) for super effective damage, (AC) among others thus making it an option on the Dragon Dance set. (Add Period) but However, (AC) Poison Jab's coverage is usually superior. Iron Head can be used over Poison Jab on the Dragon Dance set for the flinch chance, (AC) but it misses out on the all important 2HKO on Whimsicott. Zen Headbutt is yet another option on the Dragon Dance set to have super effective coverage on a plethora of Pokemon ranging from Crobat to Heracross. A Choice Band set can be used for an immediate damage boost but Scrafty can't utilize it well.

Checks & Counters
########

**Bulky Fairy-types**: Bulky Fairy-types can OHKO with their STAB and cant can't be OHKO'd OHKOed by Iron Head Poison Jab (Seeing as Poison Jab is the main option in the sets while Iron Head is OO material) after a boost.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Heracross and Mienshao check Scrafty as they can OHKO it with their STAB, while Scrafty needs Zen Headbutt to be able to OHKO them.

**Fast Flying-types**: Flying-types with a high Speed stat can easily outspeed Scrafty after a boost and OHKO with their STAB. Examples of such Pokemon are Mega Aerodactyl and Crobat.

Kreme

am checkin. Still pretty amateur at this so sorry for any mistakes (think I might have been a tad overboard with subjective changes)

Scrafty is the most unviable Pokemon currently in the UU tier. This is mostly due to the fact that it is outclassed by every other Fighting-type in its roles. Nevertheless, it still has good defense stats Defense and Special Defense, albeit having otherwise second-rate stats everywhere else (This is pretty subjective, but I worded it this way because even though Scrafty has good Defense and Special Defense, its HP is relatively bad.). It does, however, carry a good offensive movepool with access to coverage moves ranging from Poison Jab to Ice Punch, as well as STAB moves such as Knock Off and Drain Punch. Its typing doesn't compliment its stats defenses whatsoever, (AC) as defensively, the combination of Dark- and Fighting-types Dark / Fighting typing only has resists 3 three resistances types as well as being immune to one immunity, but has weaknesses to 3 three common types. Scrafty does not do its ability choices justice it has access to 3 good abilities, but is unable to make maximum optimal use of them.

Bulk Up
########

Moves
========

Scrafty's highest stats are its defenses, making Bulk Up a good option for a set up setup move, as it boosts Scrafty's Defense and Attack at the same time. Drain Punch gives Scrafty a way to both damage the opponent as well as recovering recover health at the same time. Knock Off removes the item of opposing Pokemon as well as having and has good coverage in conjunction with Drain Punch. Rest allows Scrafty to remove any status inflicted upon it.

Set Details
========

Leftovers allows Scrafty to gain 6% of its health each turn, therefore giving it passive recovery. Shed Skin removes status effects inflicted upon Scrafty, which is especially useful as it cures the sleep status gained after the use of Rest. The EVs allow Scrafty to maximize its special bulk while outspeeding uninvested base 60s.

Usage Tips
========

Scrafty is best sent in on specially offensive Pokemon that can't break through it, such as non-Dazzling Gleam Roserade and Scarf Hydreigon being examples, and set up on them. Fairy-, Flying-, and Fighting-types are immediate stops to this set, (Remove Comma) . (Add Period) therefore Therefore, (AC) it is essential to remove them before attempting a sweep.

Team Options
========

Scrafty's biggest problems are Fairy-types, (Remove Comma) . (Add Period) due Due to this, (AC) Steel-, Poison-, and Fire-types make excellent partners. Respective examples of Pokemon of those types are Lucario, Crobat, and Entei. Cloyster and Speed Bosot Boost Yanmega are fine examples of cleaners which appreciate Scrafty. (I'm not QC or anything, but why exactly are these cleaners good teammates? I'd also personally move this sentence towards the end of the paragraph because you're mainly talking about types Scrafty has trouble with in the sentences before and after this one) Flying-types are common stops to any Scrafty sweep so removing them is mandatory. The best Pokemon to do as such are Rock-, Ice-, and Electric-types (Add Hyphen) such as Mega Aerodactyl, Kyurem, and Heliolisk. Opposing Fighting-types stop Scrafty from effectively carrying out a sweep, (AC) thus making Flying-, (RC) and Psychic-types, (AC) like Mega Pidgeot and Reuniclus respectively, (AC) astonishing astounding (I think that's the word you may have been intending. "Astonishing" doesn't really work here) partners.

Dragon Dance
########

Moves
========

Albeit Despite boosting Scrafty's Attack and Speed stats by one stage, Dragon Dance still doesn't help Scrafty overcome the mountain it has to climb before becoming a viable Pokemon in the UnderUsed tier. At +1 Speed and Attack, Scrafty still fails to outspeed or OHKO a majority of the tier. High Jump Kick is the first slash on the second moveslot as it is a 130 BP STAB move that hits hard, although Scrafty's mediocre Attack stat doesn't allow it to hit as hard as expected. Drain Punch is the second slash as it permits Scrafty the ability to recover some health while attempting a sweep, (AC) but it doesn't hit hard by any stretch of the imagination. Knock Off warrants the third moveslot, (AC) as it is a marvelous secondary STAB move that removes the item of opposing Pokemon. Poison Jab provides necessary coverage as it hits Fairy-types super effectively, thus used in the fourth moveslot.

Set Details
========

The EVs are maxed out in both Attack and Speed as they are the stats boosted by Dragon Dance, thus maximizing its Scrafty's extremely low sweeping potential. The 4 EVs are put into Special Defense to ensure Porygon-Z (Add Hyphen) and Porygon 2 Porygon2 don't get a Download boost to their Special Attack should they switch into Scrafty.`A Jolly nature is used to be able to outspeed up to Timid Tornadus after a boost as well as up to MOdest Modest Exploud before a boost. On the other hand, an Adamant nature allows Scrafty to gain a damage buff, (AC) but it only outspeeds up to uninvested base 86s before a boost and Jolly Haxorus after a boost. Scrafty should choose its ability and item depending on the moveset, and the preferable item and ability. Leftovers gives Scrafty passive recovery and is thus best used with either Shed Skin or Intimidate. Life Orb gives Scrafty a 10% 30% damage boost but has passive recoil, (AC) so it is best used with Drain Punch, although High Jump Kick variants also appreciate the damage boost. Lum Berry grants Scrafty a one-time immunity to status thus making it useful as long as Shed Skin isn't the ability of choice. Shed Skin removes status inflicted upon Scrafty, making it easier to sweep past teams that rely on status to stop set up setup sweepers. Moxie nabs an Attack boost with each KO Scrafty gets, making it easier for Scrafty to progressively sweep. Lastly, Intimidate allows Scrafty to lower the opposing Pokemon's Attack by one stage upon switch switching in, making it easier for Scrafty to set up.

Usage Tips
========

Scrafty should set up whenever available possible which depends depending on the item, ability, and moveset chosen. A prime example of this is setting up on Cofagrigus when using either Lum Berry or Shed Skin variants. Only attempt sweeping after removing Scrafty's various checks and counters.

Team Options
========

Wallbreakers, (AC) such as Choice Banded Entei and Choice Specs Kyurem, (AC) help remove walls that deter Scrafty from sweeping, Choice Banded Entei and Choice Specs Kyurem are perfect examples of wallbreakers. Shaymin is an amazing Scrafty partner as it not only wallbreaks, but has access to Healing Wish which allows Scrafty to have more than one chance to attempt a sweep. Fairy-types are the main stop to Scrafty's limited effectiveness, (AC) thus making Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-types, (AC) such as Darmanitan, Aggron, and Nidoqueen respectively, (AC) good partners. Mega Aerodactyl removes Flying-types as well as Fighting-types, (AC) thus making it a great Scrafty partner. Other Pokemon that remove either Fairy-, Fighting-, or Flying-types make for great Scrafty teammates.

Other Options
########

Ice Punch allows Scrafty to hit Gligar and Salamence, (AC) among others, (AC) for super effective damage, (AC) among others thus making it an option on the Dragon Dance set. (Add Period) but However, (AC) Poison Jab's coverage is usually superior. Iron Head can be used over Poison Jab on the Dragon Dance set for the flinch chance, (AC) but it misses out on the all important 2HKO on Whimsicott. Zen Headbutt is yet another option on the Dragon Dance set to have super effective coverage on a plethora of Pokemon ranging from Crobat to Heracross. A Choice Band set can be used for an immediate damage boost but Scrafty can't utilize it well.

Checks & Counters
########

**Bulky Fairy-types**: Bulky Fairy-types can OHKO with their STAB and cant can't be OHKO'd OHKOed by Iron Head Poison Jab (Seeing as Poison Jab is the main option in the sets while Iron Head is OO material) after a boost.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Heracross and Mienshao check Scrafty as they can OHKO it with their STAB, while Scrafty needs Zen Headbutt to be able to OHKO them.

**Fast Flying-types**: Flying-types with a high Speed stat can easily outspeed Scrafty after a boost and OHKO with their STAB. Examples of such Pokemon are Mega Aerodactyl and Crobat.
Thanks for the amcheck! I've implemented all the changes since, even though there were a lot of subjective changes I felt they made the analysis that much better, although it's up for changes by the GP team.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
remove
add (Capitalize)

(comments); (AC=add comma; RC=remove comma; SC=semicolon)
Overview
########

Scrafty is the most unviable Pokemon currently in the UU tier. This is mostly due to the fact that it is outclassed by every other Fighting-type in its roles. Nevertheless, it still has good Defense and Special Defense, albeit having second-rate further stats, (comma) It does, however, carry as well as a good offensive movepool with access to coverage moves ranging from Poison Jab to Ice Punch, as well as and STAB moves such as Knock Off and Drain Punch. Its typing doesn't compliment complement its defenses whatsoever, as Dark / Fighting typing only has three resists resistances as well as and one immunity (RC) but has weaknesses to three common types. Scrafty has access to 3 three good abilities, but it is unable to make optimal use of them.

Bulk Up
########

Moves
========

Scrafty's highest stats are its defenses, making Bulk Up a good option for a setup move, as it boosts Scrafty's Defense and Attack at the same time. (this.. doesn't really make sense, the reason its defenses make BU a good setup move is because it can afford to take a hit or two while slowly becoming impenetrable, so please reword this) Drain Punch gives Scrafty a way to both damage the opponent as well as and recover health at the same time. Knock Off removes the item of opposing Pokemon and has good coverage in conjunction with Drain Punch. Rest allows Scrafty to remove any status inflicted upon it.

Set Details
========

Leftovers allows Scrafty to gain 6% of its a bit of (percentages are trite and generally unnecessary and can even convey the wrong information -not here though- so try avoiding them unless they're really necessary) health each turn, therefore giving it passive recovery increasing its longevity. (or w/e but the passive recovery bit is redundant) Shed Skin removes has a chance to remove (more accurate) status effects inflicted upon Scrafty, which is especially useful as it cures can cure (same) the sleep status gained after the use of Rest. The EVs allow Scrafty to maximize its special bulk while outspeeding uninvested base 60s.

Usage Tips
========

Scrafty is best sent in on specially offensive Pokemon that can't break through it, such as non-Dazzling Gleam Roserade and Choice Scarf Hydreigon, and set up on them. Fairy-, Flying-, and Fighting-types are immediate stops to this set. Therefore, (AC) it is essential to remove them before attempting a sweep.

Team Options
========

Scrafty's biggest problems are Fairy-types. Due to this, Steel-, Poison-, and Fire-types make excellent partners. Respective examples of Pokemon of those types are Lucario, Crobat, and Entei. Flying-types are common stops to any Scrafty sweep so removing them is mandatory. The best Pokemon to do as such are Rock-, Ice-, and Electric-types such as Mega Aerodactyl, Kyurem, and Heliolisk. Opposing Fighting-types stop Scrafty from effectively carrying out a sweep, thus making Flying- and Psychic-types, like such as Mega Pidgeot and Reuniclus, (AC) respectively, (AC) astounding partners. Cloyster and Speed Boost Yanmega are fine examples of cleaners which that appreciate Scrafty's ability to weaken the opposing team.

Dragon Dance
########

Moves
========

Despite boosting Scrafty's Attack and Speed stats by one stage, Dragon Dance still doesn't help Scrafty overcome the mountain it has to climb before becoming a viable Pokemon in the UnderUsed tier. At +1 Speed and Attack, Scrafty still fails to outspeed or OHKO a majority of the tier. High Jump Kick is the first slash on the second moveslot as it is a 130 BP STAB move that hits hard for its great 130 Base Power and STAB boost, although Scrafty's mediocre Attack stat doesn't allow it to hit as hard as expected. Drain Punch is the second slash, (AC) as it permits Scrafty the ability to recover some health while attempting a sweep, but it doesn't hit hard by any stretch of the imagination. Knock Off warrants the third moveslot, as it is a marvelous secondary STAB move that removes the item of opposing Pokemon. Poison Jab provides necessary coverage, (AC) as it hits Fairy-types super effectively, thus it is used in the fourth moveslot.

Set Details
========

The EVs are maxed out in both Attack and Speed as because they are the stats boosted by Dragon Dance, thus maximizing Scrafty's extremely low sweeping potential. The 4 leftover EVs are put into Special Defense to ensure Porygon-Z and Porygon2 don't get a Download boost to their Special Attack should they switch into Scrafty. A Jolly nature is used to be able to outspeed Timid Tornadus after a boost as well as Modest Exploud before a boost. On the other hand, an Adamant nature allows Scrafty to gain a damage buff (RC) but only outspeeds lets it outspeed up to uninvested base 86s before a boost and Jolly Haxorus after a boost. Scrafty should choose its ability and item depending on the moveset, and the preferable item and ability. (the part after the comma doesn't really make sense to me, but it looks like you're saying exactly the same as before the comma, so I'm tempted to chop it - if that's not what you mean please reword it) Leftovers gives Scrafty passive recovery and is thus best used with either Shed Skin or Intimidate. Life Orb gives Scrafty a 30% damage boost but has passive recoil, so it is best used with Drain Punch, although High Jump Kick variants also appreciate the damage boost. Lum Berry grants Scrafty a one-time immunity to status, (AC) thus making it which is useful as long as Shed Skin isn't the ability of choice. Shed Skin removes status inflicted upon Scrafty, making it easier to sweep past teams that rely on status to stop setup sweepers. Moxie nabs an Attack boost with each KO Scrafty gets, making it easier for Scrafty to progressively sweep. Lastly, Intimidate allows Scrafty to lower the opposing Pokemon's Attack by one stage upon switching in, making it easier for Scrafty to set up.

Usage Tips
========

Scrafty should set up whenever possible depending on the item, ability, and moveset chosen. A prime example of this is setting up on Cofagrigus when using either Lum Berry or Shed Skin variants. Only attempt sweeping after removing Scrafty's various checks and counters.

Team Options
========

Wallbreakers, such as Choice Banded Entei and Choice Specs Kyurem, help remove walls that deter Scrafty from sweeping. Shaymin is an amazing Scrafty partner, (AC) as it not only wallbreaks (RC) but also has access to Healing Wish, (AC) which allows Scrafty to have more than one chance to attempt a sweep. Fairy-types are the main stop to Scrafty's limited effectiveness, (space) thus making Fire-, Steel-, and Poison-types such as Darmanitan, Aggron, and Nidoqueen, (AC) respectively, good partners. Mega Aerodactyl removes Flying-types as well as Fighting-types, (AC) thus making it a great Scrafty partner. Other Pokemon that remove either Fairy-, Fighting-, or Flying-types make for great Scrafty teammates. (such as?)

Other Options
########

Ice Punch allows Scrafty to hit Gligar and Salamence, among others, for super effective damage, thus making it an option on the Dragon Dance set. However, Poison Jab's coverage is usually superior. Iron Head can be used over Poison Jab on the Dragon Dance set for the flinch chance, but it misses out on the all-important (add hyphen) 2HKO on Whimsicott. Zen Headbutt is yet another option on the Dragon Dance set to have super effective coverage on a plethora of Pokemon, (AC) ranging from Crobat to Heracross. A Choice Band set can be used for an immediate damage boost, (AC) but Scrafty can't utilize it well.

Checks & Counters
########

**Bulky Fairy-types**: Bulky Fairy-types can OHKO Scrafty with their STAB moves and can't be OHKO'd OHKOed by Poison Jab even after a boost.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Heracross and Mienshao check Scrafty, (AC) as they can OHKO it with their STAB moves (RC) while Scrafty needs Zen Headbutt to be able to OHKO them.

**Fast Flying-types**: Flying-types with a high Speed stat can easily outspeed Scrafty after a boost and OHKO with their STAB moves. Examples of such Pokemon are Mega Aerodactyl and Crobat.

GP 1/2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)