Project Team Building Shop Redux [CLOSED FOR REQUESTS, BUILDING]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Update time. Busy with irl and smogon related stuff so testing these took awhile however here you guys go.

ArchPhantom

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Jirachi @ Apicot Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 104 HP / 208 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Natural Gift
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn / Body Slam

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Defog
Thanks to StarmeiTheGod for helping a bit with this build and providing me that lord Jirachi set a week before he posted it in underrated sets. I knew Heatran was primarily an issue in M-Houndooms sweeping capabilities and the Natural Gift set gives it the ability to lure it in instead of using an obvious conventional check that is easily read. Speed is brought up to help handle Mamoswine a bit better. I slashed body slam cause the Zards are pretty annoying right now and who doesn't like Serene Grace Body Slams. Rotom-W is to help with general threats such as Talonflame that hinder the cores effectiveness along with providing momentum that many of the team-mates can take advantage of. I went Rest-O-Chesto cause I felt a more offensive team designed on momentum wants to focus on faster recovery than one offered by Pain Split. Conkeldurr helps with general offense especially those that utilize Gengar and provides some relief against certain aspects of Hyper Offense. Latias is basic Defog support and the set is pretty standard along with its ability to check Keldeo instead of relying on Torn-T to do that job. Torn-T nothing much else to say. I originally had Taunt over Heat Wave which you're free to change out however I felt was nice to help with Scizor and Ferrothorn a bit better. M-Houndoom is standard as well so not too much else to say. Rain Offense is an annoyance to the team but that's sort of a given for most offensive teams anyways.

Edit: ArchPhantom's suggestion here

Croven

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 HP / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Baton Pass
- Aura Sphere

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 236 HP / 152 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off
Nothing too crazy here. You have an EV spread that provides Togekiss both some offensive and defensive aspects in regards to missing some 2HKOs by a marginal amount such ones from M-Gallade and M-Lopunny. Scarf Heatran provides you a secondary cleaner paired up with M-Sceptile along with a Lati switch in. Hippowdon is for Stealth Rocks and a buffer for threats such as the Zards, Bisharp, Thundurus, and Lando-T. Starmie is hazard removal and your Keldeo switch in / check. I have Recover for longevity reasons since you wanted something more balanced but if that doesn't work out you can always try a coverage option like Ice Beam for the Latis. Scizor is to help with offensive Fairy types such as M-Diancie and M-Altaria without getting 6-0'd by them. Certain set up sweepers like Rock Polish Lando-I and DDance Gyarados can be annoying so just tread carefully around these. Sand Force is on Hippowdon to help you not supply sand to your opponent for Excadrill to clean you.

Edit: Amy Sorel's Suggestion here. You also can run Ancientpower as well if you still want the benefits of Nasty Plot boosts.

GeeMick

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Stone Edge
- Roost

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- SolarBeam
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Block
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
This team took awhile to test simply cause I was trying stuff out and the usual builds were just way too predictable and could never maintain consistency. After awhile I decided I need some lure sets to get the ball rolling. You have physically offensive M-Venusaur to take on and threatened some of the usual checks and counters to its standard set such as Heatran and Psychics type that try to switch in such as the Latis taking a hefty amount from Knock Off along with speed to outpace Heatran and everything below that. This also came back to an issue I had with some specially defensive walls such as Chansey which was another reason why this set was being used. Gliscor is simply the set you provided me so not too much to say here. Heatran is Power Herb Solarbeam to catch Keldeo switch-ins along with Magma Storm to trap threats such as Slowbro, Alomomola, Suicune, your usual defensive water types. You have Starmie with Psyshock for CM Keldeo and its defensive spread for status absorption and hazard removal. Klefki is one of the main players on this team because it stops set up sweepers such as M-Gyarados and Charizard-X from flooring you, along with Spikes support to maintain pressure on a variety of builds. Heal Block is so that you're not 6-0'd by every M-Bro, defensive cores, and defensive set up sweeper reliant on recovery in existence. Had Raikou originally until once again MKSlayer saw that it was a team that was 6-0 by his favorite thing to use Sub DDance Gyarados. As such Rotom-W was added to help with this threat.

As always feel free to change whatever to your liking. Most of these are templates to get some ideas going. Shop is still closed while other requests are being handled but regardless enjoy.

Last edited:
Update time. Busy with irl and smogon related stuff so testing these took awhile however here you guys go.

ArchPhantom

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
EVs: 40 HP / 8 Def / 208 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Heat Wave

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Rotom-Wash @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Jirachi @ Apicot Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 208 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Natural Gift
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn / Body Slam

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Defog
Thanks to StarmeiTheGod for helping a bit with this build and providing me that lord Jirachi set a week before he posted it in underrated sets. I knew Heatran was primarily an issue in M-Houndooms sweeping capabilities and the Natural Gift set gives it the ability to lure it in instead of using an obvious conventional check that is easily read. Speed is brought up to help handle Mamoswine a bit better. I slashed body slam cause the Zards are pretty annoying right now and who doesn't like Serene Grace Body Slams. Rotom-W is to help with general threats such as Talonflame that hinder the cores effectiveness along with providing momentum that many of the team-mates can take advantage of. I went Rest-O-Chesto cause I felt a more offensive team designed on momentum wants to focus on faster recovery than one offered by Pain Split. Conkeldurr helps with general offense especially those that utilize Gengar and provides some relief against certain aspects of Hyper Offense. Latias is basic Defog support and the set is pretty standard along with its ability to check Keldeo instead of relying on Torn-T to do that job. Torn-T nothing much else to say. I originally had Taunt over Heat Wave which you're free to change out however I felt was nice to help with Scizor and Ferrothorn a bit better. M-Houndoom is standard as well so not too much else to say. Rain Offense is an annoyance to the team but that's sort of a given for most offensive teams anyways.

Croven

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Togekiss @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 HP / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Baton Pass
- Aura Sphere

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 236 HP / 152 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off
Nothing too crazy here. You have an EV spread that provides Togekiss both some offensive and defensive aspects in regards to missing some 2HKOs by a marginal amount such ones from M-Gallade and M-Lopunny. Scarf Heatran provides you a secondary cleaner paired up with M-Sceptile along with a Lati switch in. Hippowdon is for Stealth Rocks and a buffer for threats such as the Zards, Bisharp, Thundurus, and Lando-T. Starmie is hazard removal and your Keldeo switch in / check. I have Recover for longevity reasons since you wanted something more balanced but if that doesn't work out you can always try a coverage option like Ice Beam for the Latis. Scizor is to help with offensive Fairy types such as M-Diancie and M-Altaria without getting 6-0'd by them. Certain set up sweepers like Rock Polish Lando-I and DDance Gyarados can be annoying so just tread carefully around these. Sand Force is on Hippowdon to help you not supply sand to your opponent for Excadrill to clean you.

Edit: Suggestions by Amy Sorel. You also have the option of running Ancientpower along with Sand Stream on Hippo however you minimize your Giga Drain recovery with M-Sceptile and have a harder match-up with Excadrill.

GeeMick

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Stone Edge
- Roost

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- SolarBeam
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Starmie @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Klefki @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Block
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
This team took awhile to test simply cause I was trying stuff out and the usual builds were just way too predictable and could never maintain consistency. After awhile I decided I need some lure sets to get the ball rolling. You have physically offensive M-Venusaur to take on and threatened some of the usual checks and counters to its standard set such as Heatran and Psychics type that try to switch in such as the Latis taking a hefty amount from Knock Off along with speed to outpace Heatran and everything below that. This also came back to an issue I had with some specially defensive walls such as Chansey which was another reason why this set was being used. Gliscor is simply the set you provided me so not too much to say here. Heatran is Power Herb Solarbeam to catch Keldeo switch-ins along with Magma Storm to trap threats such as Slowbro, Alomomola, Suicune, your usual defensive water types. You have Starmie with Psyshock for CM Keldeo and its defensive spread for status absorption and hazard removal. Klefki is one of the main players on this team because it stops set up sweepers such as M-Gyarados and Charizard-X from flooring you, along with Spikes support to maintain pressure on a variety of builds. Heal Block is so that you're not 6-0'd by every M-Bro, defensive cores, and defensive set up sweeper reliant on recovery in existence. Had Raikou originally until once again MKSlayer saw that it was a team that was 6-0 by his favorite thing to use Sub DDance Gyarados. As such Rotom-W was helped to help with this threat.

As always feel free to change whatever to your liking. Most of these are templates to get some ideas going. Shop is still closed while other requests are being handled but regardless enjoy.
Man oh man. Thanks for the team and the effort you put in. Seriously, you guys take the time out of your busy days just to hook us up with squads. All of you builders are the best. ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Man oh man. Thanks for the team and the effort you put in. Seriously, you guys take the time out of your busy days just to hook us up with squads. All of you builders are the best. ;_;
Agreed the amount of time genuinely spent to help internet "strangers" is admirable.
Anyways, in order to not make this a one liner, I've been testing team 2 and it has some problems against Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame.
Hippo with Stone Edge usually is enough for Talonflame, but some variants have wow in order to stop it, while Zard y is a problem, especially since hippo has Sand Force, not even hydro pump from Starmie can ohko it under sun and it has several chances to find set up (on scizor locked on everything bar u-turn, heatran scarfed especially since it has overheat, eqs from hippo and Toge is also slower than him).
So i changed Heatran set to a Naive one with Stone Edge in order to gain a good check to the two of them
If anyone wants to give it a try:
Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Yeah that's a good catch thanks. I'll slash that and another option in an edit. Thanks ahead of time.

Yeah that's a good catch thanks. I'll slash that and another option in an edit. Thanks ahead of time.
As for me I'll be testing the team later today. It looks really creative I must say ; one problem I'm noticing is the massive problem that zardY is for this team. But I guess that is why you slashed Stone Edge on Gliscor ! Anyways as Arch and Amy have said thanks a lot you guys are pretty damn helpful !

AM

LCPL Champion
As for me I'll be testing the team later today. It looks really creative I must say ; one problem I'm noticing is the massive problem that zardY is for this team. But I guess that is why you slashed Stone Edge on Gliscor ! Anyways as Arch and Amy have said thanks a lot you guys are pretty damn helpful !
Yeah when I was playing a couple of Zard-Ys I had to play around them mostly which is a reason why Stone Edge is slashed on Gliscor. You could opt to run a more offensive Starmie set as well. There's a good amount of variations with that team so by all means feel free to go with w/e you like.

So I just played ArchPhantom and we were using the teams we both got built ; it was a really cool game, a bit haxy but it evened out during the game. About the part where I criticize the Venusaur set, I haven't yet figured out if it's because I'm not playing it correctly (Ice Punch was kind of riskless for him so I should have expected it on the first turn) or if it just isn't that effective. Maybe a sleep powder + synthesis set would allow it to cripple common switchins, although this is more of a short-term solution because said switchins can wake up. I think this team showcases how Conkeldurr has really decent coverage and is hard to take on for my team at least. Whereas on my side, Klefki's role is pretty well showcased with it, as AM said, paralyzing the Houndoom and preventing Rotom-W from coming back in the game, which most likely would have netted Arch' the win. On the topic of Rotom-W, this game also shows how it still is a good glue and generally is never useless, and how playing around it and letting it no room to breathe is important to most team's success.
Overall, I still need to test against good players, but it's looking good !

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Agreed the amount of time genuinely spent to help internet "strangers" is admirable.
Anyways, in order to not make this a one liner, I've been testing team 2 and it has some problems against Mega Charizard Y and Talonflame.
Hippo with Stone Edge usually is enough for Talonflame, but some variants have wow in order to stop it, while Zard y is a problem, especially since hippo has Sand Force, not even hydro pump from Starmie can ohko it under sun and it has several chances to find set up (on scizor locked on everything bar u-turn, heatran scarfed especially since it has overheat, eqs from hippo and Toge is also slower than him).
So i changed Heatran set to a Naive one with Stone Edge in order to gain a good check to the two of them
If anyone wants to give it a try:
Heatran (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 20 Atk / 236 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
Thanks for the suggestions, but I was wondering, wouldn't Timid be better on Heatran? It still nearly guarantees the KO'es, and with Naive you have a harder time switching in on a Focus Blast (Char Y predicted your switch), and Dracos from Lati@s. If you want 100% guaranteed KO'es, I would put Hasty over Naive. Overall, Timid seems to be the best pick however:

0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 292-344 (98.3 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 316-372 (88 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

Miridy

♩_♩
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the suggestions, but I was wondering, wouldn't Timid be better on Heatran? It still nearly guarantees the KO'es, and with Naive you have a harder time switching in on a Focus Blast (Char Y predicted your switch), and Dracos from Lati@s. If you want 100% guaranteed KO'es, I would put Hasty over Naive. Overall, Timid seems to be the best pick however:

0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 292-344 (98.3 - 115.8%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Heatran Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 316-372 (88 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
I tend to prefer Naive over Hasty on Heatran because hasty gives hammer arm megagross the 100% possibility to ohko him, along with life orb breloom now having high chances to ohko you with mach punch after stealth rocks, cb azu now has a 38% chance to ohko him with aqua jet, sd +2 acroflame has a 93% chance to 2hko you after stealth rocks, while with naive the chance is 15%, choice scarf superpower landorus therian (in case they don't want to get locked on eq) will always ohko you after sr, and will have a 53% chance to do so without sr, with a naive nature however heatran cannot be ohkoed without sr, otherwise it's a 75% chance.
There are also other reasons but I don't remember them atm :/
If you don't mind the low ohko chance with Talonflame go with Timid, you may even opt for Ancientpower, but remember that most of the stuff you hit with this move such as Char y, stallbreaker Talonflame and Volcarona have much higher special defense than "normal" defense.

AM

LCPL Champion
Hey guys, I decided to post an offensive core that does well at keeping up hazards, breaking down stall, as well as faring very well against offensive teams. The core may be a little generic because of how popular Mega Lopunny and Thundurus are at the moment, but I feel like this particular 3-mon core hasn't been given enough love yet and does it's job very well. The core essentially centers around Mega Lopunny, who fares very well against offensive teams, while having the option of bringing back Thundurus to full HP if needed with Healing Wish, and is a great mon in general at the moment. Mixed Thundurus breaks down the stall teams that Mega Lopunny in particular has troubles with, while having the option of using grass knot to deal with Quagsire, an otherwise troublesome mon to this core. Klefki is a neat hazard setter I had in mind that was able to handle the fairies the two tend to struggle against, while Thundurus w/ Defiant discourages mons such as Lati Twins, Zapdos, etc., from defogging away hazards, while threatening out many rapid spinners such as Excadrill, Tentacruel, and Starmie. The core particularly has problems with Mega-Venusaur, which can eat up any hit and fire off a powerful attack, and is a royal pain in the @$$. The core also has a very rough time switching into Talonflame (especially Choice Band), so defensive relief such as Rhyperior or Hippowdon may be necessary. I could see this core going the hyper offense route, or a bulky offense route, but without further ado, the sets:

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber-->Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Healing Wish/Ice Punch/Toxic

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Thunderbolt/Volt Switch
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Grass Knot/Hidden Power Ice

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm/Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise/Safeguard
- Toxic/Thunder-Wave
- Flash Cannon/Dazzling Gleam/Play Rough

SAMPLE TEAM (I don't know how to shrink everything into a button, so I just hastebin'd the team):
http://hastebin.com/ripogujisa.md
This is nice and all but we're not requesting cores at the moment since that aspect of the thread is closed at the moment. When it says open you're free to post a core.

hello. altough i already made a ORAS team with this i wanna see wat u guys can do [: The late x/y core of Clefable Heatran and Slowbro. But i want u guys to also run a mega venasaur to make a nice fire water grass core. feel free to change slowbro to a water type thats a spinner cause if u keep it the way it is theres probably gonna be 1 of the latis ]: i personally dont like defog but do watever u guys like [:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock / Protect
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Lava Plume

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind/twave

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Wish

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hello. altough i already made a ORAS team with this i wanna see wat u guys can do [: The late x/y core of Clefable Heatran and Slowbro. But i want u guys to also run a mega venasaur to make a nice fire water grass core. feel free to change slowbro to a water type thats a spinner cause if u keep it the way it is theres probably gonna be 1 of the latis ]: i personally dont like defog but do watever u guys like [:

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 232 HP / 252 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock / Protect
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Lava Plume

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind/twave

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Wish
Hi, as the title states the teambuilding shop is not accepting requests at the moment, it is the closed / building stage.
In addition, when putting in requests here you should only have 2-3 Pokemon, 4 is too many.

Last edited:
Hi, as the title states the teambuilding shop is not accepting requests at the moment, it is the closed / building stage.
In addition, when putting in requests here you should only have 2-3 Pokemon, 4 is too many.
oh LOL sry i saw Status: We're open for requests! and thought i could request. and sry i request 4 mons take ou clefable whenever u guys open plz and thx :p

AM

LCPL Champion
Found some time to build these past few days. So I don't have to think about the suspect test and real life obligations for the moment here's a team update for you guys.

iamQmai

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost / Swords Dance
- Dragon Dance

Breloom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Superpower
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Gengar @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Trick

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Swords Dance

Starmie @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
You like Offense, so here's some basic Sand Offense. Went ahead and kept the sets you chose because they worked out pretty nicely in practice. Starmie is for hazard removal and a Keldeo switch in primarily along with cleaning aspects with Analytic Life Orb. Sand Offense duo with Ttar / Excadrill and just a basic support set for Ttar, Ice Beam to help with Gliscor and x4 Ice weak mons such as Garchomp and Lando-T as well. Jolly Swords Dance Life Orb Excadrill for general cleaning and a secondary win condition paired up with Char-X. Frustration is over Rock Slide to ease the prediction to traditional switch ins to Excadrill's STABs and does a bit more damage to Rotom-W which I found nice, feel free to use Rock Slide if you feel it's a necessity. Char-X is pretty standard with the option of going double dance with SD + Dragon Dance. I had some success with the double dance aspect for breaking defensive cores more but I know that isn't everyones thing and there are times where I liked having that recovery from Roost so choose what you prefer.

sthomas38

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Adamant Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Healing Wish
- Fake Out

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Talonflame @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Tailwind

Keldeo-Resolute @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 28 HP / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Taunt

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock

Klefki @ Sitrus Berry
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes
Seeing as you're new to OU and trying to get accustomed to the meta I think general offense is the way to go since it's pretty basic to grasp and get the ball rolling to see what's out there. Lando-I is the basic rock setter with coverage moves to handle certain meta-game trends like Lati + Lando cores you'll see a lot with a secondary Knock Off user to break down defensive builds a bit better. M-Lopunny helps your matchup against offense with Adamant providing you some more punch to your STAB moves along with Healing Wish utility to give a partner a second wind. Bisharp + Talonflame is part of your core that you provided and I just went max speed on Talonflame on the off chance you have to deal with Weavile and at least can Brave Bird it to the grave. Taunt + LO Keldeo to enhance some balance and stall-breaking capabilities with HP Flying to mitigate the slight M-Venusaur and Amoonguss weakness that is there so you don't have to purely rely on Talonflame to handle them all the time. Klefki provides hazard stacking support through the use of Spikes with Magnet Rise to set up Spikes on SD SR Garchomp, Scarf Lando-T locked into Earthquake, general ground users really. Flash Cannon is so your match-up against M-Diancie isn't completely garbage so there's that. All in all just keep rocks up, maintain offensive pressure by not letting things set up on you constantly, and you should be fine.

Nine Volt Jones

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roost
- Earthquake

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Ancient Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 236 HP / 84 Def / 188 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Skill Swap
- Moonlight

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog
- Taunt
I'm pretty positive you can get the mons themselves in-game since none of these are event legendaries as far as I can remember however I'm not too sure about all the moves. Regardless the team also has to reflect the Smogon meta-game as well so if anything some things may need to be worked around. You wanted a sort of Balance team so I just went semi-stall for the most part. Magma Storm Heatran to pressure defensive builds and slow down double switch ins, Ancient Power to help with Talonflame and Zard-Y a bit which was sort of annoying to face at times. I went with a more offensive M-Altaria spread because on the grander scheme of things it really needs it to be a dominant threat if we're talking about its Offensive DDance set. You have Skarmory as your Defog user with Rocky Helmet to fend off M-Metagross and various physical attackers such as Lando-T and Gyarados. Mamo is just 4 attacks Life Orb which is more efficient than Sash and 4 attacks since Sash is usually for a Stealth Rock role on offensive minded teams. Knock Off is to pick off at traditional Mamoswine switch ins such as Bronzong who is susceptible to Knock Off along with removing Eviolites from Chansey for the offensive backbone to break teams down better. Cress + Suicune provides the big chunk of your defensive core with Skill Swap Toxic Cresselia breaking Magic Guard Clefable among being annoying with Skill Swapping stuff like Regenerator from Slowbro and Natural Cure from Celebi. Suicune provides a defensive set up sweeper for either late game as a win condition paired up with M-Altaria or just to throw Scalds around and go for burns.

Flygoner818

Absol @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Taunt

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Explosion

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 196 Atk / 60 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
Offensive cores such as M-Absol and Gengar in a sense mandates you run more heavy offense due to the frailty of their defensive synergy so a HO offense team is what this is basically. Azelf is the lead set and is pretty standard and with M-Absol + Serperior I didn't really think Skill Swap was necessary on it to get hazards up on M-Sableye and M-Diancie. Explosion Scarf Lando-T is to provide you momentum to get teammates in much more easily along with checking Talonflame and a variety of non scarf cleaners. I felt AV Azu was good offensive utility for this team and provide some pivoting relief for threats such as Keldeo and M-Manectric, assuming you're healthy obviously. Serperior was added in to the mix as a cleaner with pseudo set up from Contrary Leaf Storm and HP Ground to lure in Heatran. If for whatever reason you're having issue with M-Scizor by all means change out HP Ground to HP Fire, they're both interchangeable depending on team needs and play-style basically. M-Absol and 3 taunt users in the form of Gengar, Serperior, and Azelf is to deter hazards which this team prefers to keep off the field.

Mur22

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Baton Pass
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Klefki @ Light Clay
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fairy Lock
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Foul Play

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Icy Wind

Scizor @ Choice Band
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit
Big surprise, more offense yay (-.-), however I digress. I know from past experiences of using M-Alakazam I wanted to use Dual Screen support. I didn't want to use Azelf because it made the team too dark spam and Tyranitar weak so I opted to use Klefki with its standard Dual Screen set. I wanted to try extra options like Spikes and Safeguard on it but I feel Foul Play is extremely important to not get cleaned by Talonflame so I would recommend keeping that there. Garchomp is the SR setter with Life Orb SD to give you an immediate wall-breaker, you have the option of using Lum Berry but I did enjoy using Life Orb to make Unaware Clefable and Quagsire a liability in regards to walling Garchomp. Keldeo is the revenge killer that helps a bit with Lando-T and cleaning that M-Alakazam may fail to do against various Scarf users in the tier. Helps with Bisharp as well which can be a pain without it. Scizor is to improve your match-up against Fairies with Pursuit support to pick off weakened defensive builds and Latias. I went max speed on M-Alakazam to save you the agony when you get outpaced by +1 Gyarados simply cause you didn't invest in full speed.

That's all for now. Was working on the Tyrantrum request by Amy Sorel early and testing it in custom games with some people but couldn't get it in here because the builds I had for it were purely garbage. I'll be working on that as well as some others in between my usual duties here and irl. Others are being worked on by the other builders as well so maintain the patience and stay tuned.

Any suggestions I find that are good I'll edit them in here like I did last update. Keep the support coming and thanks everyone.

Thank you so much man, I'm going to try this out asap. I'm very grateful for the time you put in making this team for me, that means a lot!

Reactions: AM

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Back after a break with a new team n_n

darkshadowfire

This core is pretty interesting. The first thing I noticed was the combined weakness that Talonflame and Suicune shared being electric types, namely Rotom-W. While Altaria can certainly switch into it, it needs to mega first, which leaves you somewhat vulnerable, and no person will actually switch in a Rotom-W on an Altaria anyway. So instead, I wanted to try to pair the core with Pokemon that could wear these types of Pokemon down. the core seemed pretty slow (obviously Talon isn't, but the others are) and struggles somewhat with offense, so I decided a sand rush Excadrill with Hippowdon would make for a fantastic addition to the team. The combination of Altaria, Talonflame, and Excadrill beat just about every defensive threat, with stuff like Gliscor possibly being annoying. Hippo lures in Rotom and wears it down with Toxic, meaning a sweep with Talon or Excadrill becomes much easier late-game, and also check Raikou and Mega Mane. Finally, I didn't like how weak the team was to Landorus, as well as having 3 weaknesses to Water, so I added Latias as a glue mon to help with Lndorus, check water types, and provide defog support for Talonflame. Basically, with this team the goal is to blast shit with Altaria, wear it down even further with either Talon or Excadrill, and then clean up with the SD user you didn't use or Suicune. SDef Taunt Gliscor is a really annoying Pokemon to deal with, since the only real answer to it is Altaria, meaning either Talon or Excadrill has to set up as Gliscor switches in to really wear it down.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Last edited:
Back after a break with a new team n_n

darkshadowfire

This core is pretty interesting. The first thing I noticed was the combined weakness that Talonflame and Suicune shared being electric types, namely Rotom-W. While Altaria can certainly switch into it, it needs to mega first, which leaves you somewhat vulnerable, and no person will actually switch in a Rotom-W on an Altaria anyway. So instead, I wanted to try to pair the core with Pokemon that could wear these types of Pokemon down. the core seemed pretty slow (obviously Talon isn't, but the others are) and struggles somewhat with offense, so I decided a sand rush Excadrill with Hippowdon would make for a fantastic addition to the team. The combination of Altaria, Talonflame, and Excadrill beat just about every defensive threat, with stuff like Gliscor possibly being annoying. Hippo lures in Rotom and wears it down with Toxic, meaning a sweep with Talon or Excadrill becomes much easier late-game, and also check Raikou and Mega Mane. Finally, I didn't like how weak the team was to Landorus, as well as having 3 weaknesses to Water, so I added Latias as a glue mon to help with Lndorus, check water types, and provide defog support for Talonflame. Basically, with this team the goal is to blast shit with Altaria, wear it down even further with either Talon or Excadrill, and then clean up with the SD user you didn't use or Suicune. SDef Taunt Gliscor is a really annoying Pokemon to deal with, since the only real answer to it is Altaria, meaning either Talon or Excadrill has to set up as Gliscor switches in to really wear it down.

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 164 HP / 252 SpA / 92 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog
Sorry for the nitpick Halcyon. but there are no EVs on Lati :heart:

Last edited:
Hey, guys. I've been trying some different styles and pokémon, but never seem to hit the jackpot. I never broke past 1300, so I think I need some help. I've found a core I wanted to work at, which has won me some matches, and I think the concept is interesting over all. I'd really prefer a balanced team, but a semi-stall team could be accepted if you can't work out a balanced one.

STALLBREAKER LEFTOVERS HEATRAN + NASTYPASS/BULKY SUPPORT (UNDECISIVE) CELEBI

The concept is pretty simple. Stallbreaker Heatran has let me kill many pokémon in a lot of teams with no cost whatsoever: I normally lead with him, trap a pokémon, and if he doesn't have an Ground, Fighting or Water attack, I proceed to chip him away, Taunting to prevent recovery, using Toxic to rack the damage, and Earth Power to kill faster before Magma Storm's trapping effect is over. Celebi has got two roles I wanted to look at: NastyPass seems really appealing, helping Heatran really trap and kill stuff. However, Heatran will most likely be killed since his speed isn't stellar, and Baton Passing wastes some turns. The Bulky Support seems like a good choice then, since Heal Bell support coming from a bulky pokémon looks fine. If you could make NastyPass work without changing Heatran's role, it would be great, but I also appreciate if you could make a team making CeleTran work. I'd prefer a balanced team, as above said, but if it is not possible, Semi-Stall could work.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock / U-Turn (If you find a Stealth Rocks user that suits them, U-Turn stays)
- Recover
- Heal Bell / Perish Song (If you find another Heal Bell 'mon, Perish Song will be used. Thinking about this now, Perish Song with Magma Storm sounds like a deadly combo)

OR

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Hey, guys. I've been trying some different styles and pokémon, but never seem to hit the jackpot. I never broke past 1300, so I think I need some help. I've found a core I wanted to work at, which has won me some matches, and I think the concept is interesting over all. I'd really prefer a balanced team, but a semi-stall team could be accepted if you can't work out a balanced one.

STALLBREAKER LEFTOVERS HEATRAN + NASTYPASS/BULKY SUPPORT (UNDECISIVE) CELEBI

The concept is pretty simple. Stallbreaker Heatran has let me kill many pokémon in a lot of teams with no cost whatsoever: I normally lead with him, trap a pokémon, and if he doesn't have an Ground, Fighting or Water attack, I proceed to chip him away, Taunting to prevent recovery, using Toxic to rack the damage, and Earth Power to kill faster before Magma Storm's trapping effect is over. Celebi has got two roles I wanted to look at: NastyPass seems really appealing, helping Heatran really trap and kill stuff. However, Heatran will most likely be killed since his speed isn't stellar, and Baton Passing wastes some turns. The Bulky Support seems like a good choice then, since Heal Bell support coming from a bulky pokémon looks fine. If you could make NastyPass work without changing Heatran's role, it would be great, but I also appreciate if you could make a team making CeleTran work. I'd prefer a balanced team, as above said, but if it is not possible, Semi-Stall could work.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock / U-Turn (If you find a Stealth Rocks user that suits them, U-Turn stays)
- Recover
- Heal Bell / Perish Song (If you find another Heal Bell 'mon, Perish Song will be used. Thinking about this now, Perish Song with Magma Storm sounds like a deadly combo)

OR

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Baton Pass

The teambuilding shop is closed rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)