Generation Showdown [Online Competition] Finished!

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I was able to get a team transferred over from Y (shoutout Lady Valkyrie) and locked my Battle Box, since I normally do this before the comp starts I didn't know that it forces you into a battle straight away if the competition is running. Not a big deal except that my DS had been on red for a while and I didn't have my charger handy.

The guys team looked pretty standard in team preview, Cres and Groudon were there so obviously there's gonna be Trick Room shenanigans, he also had Mawile and RayQ so I figured he might have some weird non-mega spread on Ray.

He proceeded to lead with Ray+Crobat, turns out Crobat was Inner Focus (I suck at double, thought for sure it would be infiltrator) and was able to set up Tailwind while Ray Protected. Luckily Xerneas isn't OHKOd by Dragon Ascent so I'm able to take it out with Dazzling Gleam (even though Crobat had Haze). He then sent out Cres who took me out with Ice Beam, and then regular Maw in the back! If it weren't for a Play Rough miss on my Ray I would have lost!

I'll hopefully be able to play a bunch of games when I'm home from basketball, so I'll be posting updates on my experience. Stay tuned for 'cant say learns doubles'

tl;dr support Crobat is cool

edit: lol, reading that battle description back reads horribly. I think I was just trying not to divulge much about my team not that it would give away anything

Last edited:
I've given up getting a good result after 3 stupid losses. First was because i overestimated my opponent, second was because my girlfriend interrupted me and 3rd was a 50/50 roll that I lost :/ Oh well. Good luck to the rest!

EDIT: another loss - forgot about delta stream for like 5th time! This is just funny.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm really not having fun. I thought I would just aim for 1600 and call it, peaked at about 1570 and have just been getting bad rolls.

Lost to a Metagross that critted through Reflect and got the attack boost every single time he used Meteor Mash, and just now to a guy with just his Primal Groudon, I had to be clever to get Delta Stream up so I could Aqua Tail him, but I missed on the last turn which allowed him to KO my Ray with Dragon Claw (???). I've lost a couple times to actual good players which is fine. One game I Faked Out his Ray by accident instead of his Meowstick so it was able to Thunder Wave my Ray and cripple it all game. I had the advantage teammember-wise but he was able to pull it off due to a couple full paralysis rolls...

I've also seen so many hacks /illegal ball combos (moon ball Prankster Sableye is the only one I can remember off the top of my head). Allowing transfers is dumb.

I don't think I'll play many more games, I really don't like this competition..

edit: oh yeah all my games have been against 1600-1700 players. Give me an even match please thanks

Man, I did not know that Orgin Pulse hits the partner mon even if it gets intercepted by Storm Drain. That lost me some momentum, and was pretty much the only reason I was even carrying Gastrodon. I kinda threw my team together at the last minute, so I don't really expect to do well. I'm just in it for the experience.

Lilligant has been a surprise MVP. I guess people really aren't expecting the sleep powders. Zekrom probably isn't the most viable thing, but it's by an long my favorite uber, so I've been using him regardless. He's been catching bodies left and right. RNGesus reminded me once again why I hate Play Rough. My Mawile missing a Xerneas literally stole all my momentum and cost me a match. I had just killed the guy's Ogre too

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well since I've had a terrible week of flu and making up homework, I decided to go nuts and use a really weird team with Noivern and Mega Swampert, wish me luck. I actually almost curb stomped a high ranking player, but in a weird case, his TR Groudon actually sped tie with my Mega Swampert, so I ended up choking lol. So far though Im just facing ingame teams... (4 matches so far)

Oh well, might as go crazy to fit with my crazy weekend, because lord knows I didn't get a chance to prepare a well thought out team lol

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
So far though Im just facing ingame teams... (4 matches so far)
Can we please swap? I've only faced high ranking players and have been getting totally destroyed by them since my last post. I saw you come online so was hoping we'd get matched together, but I'm bored / too frustrated to keep playing lol

I'm out, bring on the next singles comp imo

Shiny groudon/kyogre/thundurus are all obtainable in pre gen 6. Shiny Thundurus is even obtainable in Alpha Sapphire. It's also not the hardest thing to RNG for those.
Fair enough, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I was sour from the loss and soft resetting Landorus for two days and assumed foul play given the prevalence of pokegen, cloning, etc. I thought the Kami were doable from B/W but was skeptical of both legendaries before considering earlier RNG. Props if that's all it was.

Anyways, on to day three in the 1500s haha. Reading this thread is hilarious, lots of material for a "blooper reel" of sorts (many my own).

EDIT: another loss - forgot about delta stream for like 5th time! This is just funny.
LOL, I've been on both ends of that today. Mega'd out of habit, didn't get Lando's Rock Slide KO on a Thunderus with HP Ice, and lost with like 20 HP on his last 'mon. Too funny.

Well since I've had a terrible week of flu and making up homework, I decided to go nuts and use a really weird team with Noivern and Mega Swampert, wish me luck.
Are you Theorymon the Hex Maniac in game? Because I definitely went against that team today and won because of its Super Fang (!) and Origin Pulse (!!) misses the first turn (!!!). I didn't expect to win after seeing the trainer name, but dumb luck was apparently on my side.

That kicked off a crazy stretch of games against 1600's, and I managed to win all but one (the Delta Fail) to finally break 1600 myself. I didn't quite reach 30 games but those last emotional wins primed me for too big a letdown, so mission accomplished in my book. :pimp:

The Brave Little Ferrothorn was absolutely boss this weekend. My favorite moment today (derped and didn't save the replay :/) saw my Lando/Yveltal against Xerneas/Kanga. Kanga Mega'd, I switched Lando out for Ferrothorn, and the ensuing double Fake Out took over 50% (!) off Kanga's HP after Barbs/Helmet damage, leaving her in easy KO range for Yveltal. Xerneas Geomancied but got KO'd by a Gyro Wrecking Ball the next turn, and my Lando stayed nice and healthy to take out the ensuing Groudon. Ferrothorn won so many games for me with this healthy combination of power and trickery -- best freakin' Pokémon ever. <3

Last edited:
I ended 21-9 which is a little under my expectatives... anyway it was fun, I hope this will be the official VGC16 format, like in 2010

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Unfortunately, I had a very haxy run (sorta like my life atm heh), and went 20-10, and at least over 1650. I lost like 6 of those games because either Draco Meteor or Origin Pulse missed x_________x.

Anyways, my team was: Mega Rayquaza / Primal Kyogre / Mega Swampert / Noivern / Aegislash / Landorus-T

Landorus-T actually ended up being the dead weight in the team, and I feel like Aegislash was too specalized since I saw very few Xerneas on the higher parts of the ladder.

What I am totally shocked about, is that my two "off the wall choices" in Noivern and Mega Swampert ended up being REALLY good!

Noivern was pretty much the VGC 14 support set onsite:

Noivern Focus sash
-Draco Meteor
-Taunt
-Tailwind
-Super Fang
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Taunt let me win against Trick Room teams, and Tailwind helped me against stuff like Xerneas and DD Mega Salamence. The real reason I used this thing though, is because it outspeeds and OHKOs Mega Salamence and Mega Rayquaza with Draco Meteor. This ended up being REALLY helpful! Super Fang got me out of a lot of tight spots as well, the half damage really helped me out against stuff like Xerneas, Yveltal, etc.

The other weirdo mon was Mega Swampert

Swampert @Swamperite
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Protect
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 36 Spe

This thing was an ABSOLUTE BEAST! Now of course, under the rain, Mega Swampert is pretty fast. In fact, the Speed EVs let it outspeed Mega Salamence. The real story here though was the bulk. Good lord Mega Swampert is hard to kill. For example, a replay I'm going to post later includes Mega Swampert surviving a HELPING HAND PERCIPIE BLADES, and thats the high role! As strange as it sounds, Rayquaza also worked wonderfuly. Rayquaza's Air Lock would put Primal Groudon into Waterfall death range the moment it came in, which led to some nice mind games. Hell, even when I DIDNT Mega Evolve it (usually when I needed to Mega Evolve Rayquaza more), it still proved useful. Without Mega Evolving it had some problems competing with Landorus-T, but in exchange, not being weak to Ice was super, SUPER helpful for my team.

Also finally, I noticed a lot of higher ladder people weren't using Rayquaza. I can't believe Im saying this, but I think Rayquaza was rather under rated here. Sure, theres the "OMG MEGA RAYQUAZA" factor, but Rayquaza's weather control abilities in general were extremely helpful for me. Rayquaza often led to a lot of Primal Groudon's getting KOed, which was wonderful news for Primal Kyogre. And of course, sometimes, Mega Evolving Rayquaza was the best option to wreck havoc :P

I'll upload some replays later. Despite getting haxed to hell and back, I had a lot of fun!

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
FINALLY DONE

End Score: 27-3
Rating: ~1800
I was at 1788 before my last match. My last opponent was a 1711 Korean so I'm hoping he's high enough to bump me past 1799.

Uber count of the day:

Rayquaza - 2
Groudon - 4
Kyogre - 3
Xerneas - 2
Mewtwo (regular) - 1
Giratina-O - 1
Ho-Oh -1
Kyurem-W -1
Yveltal -1

Will post team, replays, and other experiences later, but it has been a blast overall. I'm not a doubles player so the relatively new experience was very satisfying.

Ok I ended 23-7, lost 4/12 today so not bad but I lost one game to a critical on Lickilicky which makes me pretty mad, but I got outplayed the other games.

Uber Count for my games today:
Rayquaza - 8 (10 total)
Kyorge - 5 (9 total)
Xerneas - 3 (6 total)
Groudon - 3 (11 Total)
Mewtwo - 2 (2 total 1-X 1-Life Orb)
Diagla - 1 (2 Total)
Yveltal - 1 (1 Total)
Giratina - 1 (1 Total -Origin)
Kyurem - 0 (1 Total)
Palkia - 0 (1 Total)
Zekrom - 0 (1 Total)
Lugia - 0 (1 Total)
Ho-oh - 0 ( 0 Total )
Reshiram - 0 ( 0 Total)
Zygarde - 0 (0 Total)

I post my team when the rankings are posted.

Had a pretty disappointing end to the competition and ended up 21-9 :(
Purely my own fault as more than once I made some plays that I thought were clever only to get out-predicted :(

In the end, a big shout out to my team, all of whom made valuable plays and should have done better if only I were a better trainer :(

Thundurus-I, Mega Kangaskahn, Ho-oh, Klefki, Venusaur and (sometimes Mega) Rayquaza.

I struggled most against Trick Room and I really underestimated Rayquaza a few times and played a bit too conservatively with him.

Overall this was not my favorite competition compared to some of the previous ones they've ran as I rarely play with my Uber toys and the gap in my knowledge really showed in the results.

Most dangerous Uber for me was P-Don, least was Mewtwo (Y).

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I had an unexpected invitation to go fishing and stay for dinner today, so while I tried to sneak a few games in at their house, I was only able to do 3 before the competition ended. All three were pretty great games and I was fortunately able to win all of them, so that leaves my final record as 17-6. I really wish I could've finished off those last seven games but as it stands I've ended somewhere in the high 1600s. I really wanted to end in the 1700s so that's really unfortunate.

Ferrothorn really held it out for me today and was a great counter to all the Xerneas and Mega Kangaskhans running around. Also, Rotom-W finally came in and shined in a game with a Metagross and Primal Kyogre. Glad he was able to be useful for at least one game in this competition!

I rather enjoyed this competition; I always like when our community gets together to discuss our strategies and experiences in the thread, and play alongside each other on IRC. I haven't done one of these since June, so it was really nice to do it again, especially now that we actually have a regular community here. The rules were a bit stressful due to it being Doubles and having all of these super powerful Ubers running around, but overall I really liked it. I'd be lying though if I said I wasn't eagerly waiting for the next singles competition!

Before I end this, I just wanna give a huge shout out and thanks to Recreant and Artic for giving me the Rayquaza and Xerneas that I used in this. I couldn't have done it without you guys! :heart:

Ended with 22-8, which is better than expected considering I'm not used to doubles. Lost about 3 to rock slide flinches(LOTS of flinches) and one to a draco miss. I actually won one due to my opponent timing out and rayquaza using espeed on my venusaur :]. 1 match I played not even poorly but like a moron(using hydro when i switched to groudon >_<). I would also use eq when switching into groudon, never playing in the morning again :P.

Team was Landorus-T/Giratina-O/P-Groudon/Heatran/Venusaur/Rotom-W
Landorus-t and Giratina were my preferred leads and giratina was definitely the MVP as it always did work and slayed many xerneas and rayquazas(almost everything in sight but too much to name).
Wanted to use explosion on Lando combined with giratina to stop any follow me shenanigans, but I never fought it so explosion was just there to look cool.
Had scarf Heatran with the wrong evs so I couldn't even outspeed garchomp resulting in a HUUUGE weakness to dragons. Venusaur had the wrong set, losing protect made this fight a lot harder. Finally Rotom-w was complete trash, utterly useless but I didn't want to test another member. Oh and ofc Groudon was super op it took 30 dmg from a -1 EQ from Ho-oh O.O.

Anyways this was pretty fun, mostly cuz I got to use shadow force and that opens up so many cool combos in doubles. I didn't keep track of the ubers I ran into but I can seriously name them off the top of my head: The weather trio(duh), Lugia and Ho-oh, Mewtwo(Y), Giratina and Dialga(only team preview), and Xerneas.
One last thing: why is dark void a thing? I know it can be easy to deal with but it's freaking annoying and they banned it one time I think back in 5th Gen so why did they bring it back?

As it traditional; here is my Battle Box.

Don't laugh at my Sweet Scent Venusaur; it may have been a derp but it totally shocked that Clefable and Chansey that I ran into!

My team is in the attached image.

It was fun, but playing all the 30 battles in 1 day is harsh. I did 23 - 6, I'm not sure what happened to my last battle, since it disconnected a few minutes after midnight. Most of my defeats were in the last battles, so maybe I got tired in the end. I thought I could do all the 30 battles in 5 hours, since this metagame is really fast, but I had to go through all the 30 minutes in 2 battles that I won in tiebreakers.

Basically all teams had Mega Rayquaza and Mega Groudon. Mega Kyogre was also common. I saw a few Mega Mewtwo Y, but it wasn't a threat at all. After all, I faced Iron Head Ho-Oh twice and I had some headache with those.

This quick battle is worth watching:
SNBG-WWWW-WWXD-6YSA
The way the foe used Mega Rayquaza with Liepard, I faced many Mega Rayquaza before and I could deal with them, but I could do nothing in this battle.

Attachments

Ratochu how did Cherrim work for you?
Oh hey! I remember you 10 years ago from Pokéland :D

To actually answer your question, Cherrim did greater than I expected. Raising Groudon's Atk and SAtk stats + Helping Hand. Also giving me some advantage turns with its Protect barrier. Too bad it can't do anything when all its partners are defeated. Petal Blizzard is a horrible option for this metagame.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
So I mentioned earlier that I suck at doubles, so I'm here to prove that. I went 6-6 until I got bored / frustrated at my lousy skills and threw it in (it was also Sunday night and I was mega tired..)

Ditto was thrown in there because I used him in the April Friendly (my last Ubers comp) and worked wonders. Unfortunately I didn't realise that Imposter / Ditto sucks in doubles.

Pretty sure Togekiss is the standard 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 SpD Calm spread, I honestly can't remember as I've had it lying around for a while. Used to help Ray

Zapdos was going to be the 252 HP / 144 SpA / 112 Spe spread straight from the analysis as well, but it wasn't an efficient level 50 spread so I optimised it by making it 252 HP / 1 Def / 148 Spa / 1SpD / 108 Spe. He was meant to be used against opposing Rays and Kangas and stuff.

Xerneas is a pretty baller one that Theorymon traded me. I really thought that spamming Dazzling Gleam would be enough (with Moonblast for Wide Guard and stuff), I really didn't know what to put in the fourth slot so I figured Reflect could work to make him (and my team) pretty bulky. It worked in one battle at least..

Ray was a freshly SR'd adamant one (caught it on Thursday). I really wanted to run Swords Dance but that meant dropping a precious coverage move. Protect would have also been really good.

Hitmontop was the standard doubles set (Adamant, 252 HP / 136 Atk / 60 Def / 60 SpD). Togekiss already had the Sitrus Berry so I really didn't know what else to use. I figured the Red Card could set uppers (Xern etc.) but didn't realise that it would force my own Ray out if it used Earthquake! This lead to me losing a battle that I had locked up

I kinda wish I had just entered a bunch of gen III RNGs I have like Mimic Mega Pidgeot (paired with Sheer Cold Articuno), Counter Gengar, Swords Dance Shedinja etc. and just mucked around. I think I'm gonna have to lurk the VGC forum if I want to compete in the next Battle Spot comp because I need to get better at doubles...

edit: the moment I gave up was when it was 2-1 with my Hitmontop and Ray against my opp's Groudon with Delta Stream up, Aqua Tail missed and he KO'd Ray with Dragon Claw. Top died very shortly after :(

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm #9 worldwide, and #1 in the US
Rating: 1801
W/L: 27-3

And meet the most unimaginative team ever

Since I am not a Doubles player, trying to use a working gimmick is difficult without significant knowledge of the tier. As a result, I researched for some standard Pokemon through several Japanese blogs and stuck them together in what may seem to be a working combination. Turns out I could still rely on some basic Pokemon knowledge to outplay people, even if I did derp a few times, and I ended up better than I thought.

Anyways onto the team

PDon was easily the most reliable member and was used in all 30 of my games. Even with Desolate Land being much more volatile, Groudon's unparalleled role versatility simply muscled through a lot of opponents.

Cresselia was picked in almost all 30 and was Groudon's primary partner. Skill Swap was a weather control tool and allowed me to remove Groudon's Ground weakness. Trick Room/HH basically smashed Gravity teams.

Xerneas was a pubstomper but wasn't so great at higher ratings. However, its mere presence seems to force enemies to run multiple checks, which usually lets me prey on them with Groudon.

Aegislash was surprisingly useful. Originally added as a Steel that can take down Cresselia, Aegislash provided me with another shield against PBlade/Origin Pulse should things go wrong (Gravity up/Primordial Sea active, respectively). Lum Berry is for the random Dark Void which did help me once. It also wrecked stuff with Trick Room active. Iron Head > Flash Cannon for GeoXern.

Kangaskhan is....Kanga. Pretty consistent and sometimes forces enemies into predictable actions thanks to Fake Out. Also Fake Out + Double Edge bops Kyogre most of the time.

Mence was the least useful probably but it served as an extra check to Mega Ray and PDon and Intimidate was also nice to have in general,

Now there were some cute gimmicks like Role Play Liepard and Skill Swap/Tailwind/Sleep Powder/Rage Powder venomoth. I always tried to play Groudon conservatively if I see a Kyogre and something that can potentially either lock the weather or reset Primordial Sea. Gotta take note of random Skill Swaps/Role Plays.

Vids coming later if I'm not lazy.

Including yourself, there were three ties in the top 10, which just went to show how neck-and-neck you guys were. Pretty cool.

I ended up with a rating of 1580. Quite a bit of a fall from my high of 1680, but that's what tilt does, I suppose.

Also, compared to the last event, there were only a total of 12,320 participants in this one. (1 short of a palindrome!) I guess the lack of Ubers to go around made this a less inviting tournament?

Team Ramblings below:
GShowdown.JPG

I did spend a fair amount of time testing and researching the team, although I guess it shows that my teambuilding prowess is still a bit volatile.

Greninja's speed tier meant I could snipe post-Dragon Ascent or less-than-healthy Mega Rayquaza as well as taking out Mega Salamence while 2HKOing most Groudon with Grass Knot. Mat Block turned out to be mostly useless because most of the time on the turn when Greninja came in I wanted to do something else. Still, Greninja was very useful to have in reserve. I don't recall a time where I brought it up as my first two.

I went with a mixed Mega Rayquaza because I wanted to be able to have a good shot of taking out both Kyogre and Groudon, although it might have been spreading him thin. It was also useful for all the Intimidate going around. (I also wanted an excuse to use a passable shiny that was lying around in my box for the better half of a decade)

Lando-T is Lando-T, and most definitely not Lando Calrissian. Most of the time it just comes in to screw up combat math with Rock Slide flinches, which actually brought me back from a 2-4 position once! ...Sorry, whomever it was.

Whimsicott was my most common starter because I wanted to use him to deal with the pranksters and other supporters going around. I ran max speed to accomplish what I wanted it to do, but Mental Herb was definitely not an uncommon item. It was also kinda deadweight even after it did its job successfully. Tailwind helped in a lot of situations to pressure the opponent.

Adamant Kangaskhan was chosen to ensure the Low Kick KO on less bulky Kang and a decent rate on max HP Dialga. I went with Return over Double Edge because 1: I didn't breed it on, and 2: I wanted to win attrition wars, which happened often.

Finally, my Groudon. I don't think I need to say much that hasn't been said. Primaldon is an exceptional multi-role Pokémon, and almost unstoppable at +2/+2. In the long run though, maybe the Swords Dance was a bit greedy and I should have gone the more conservative route with Protect.

Last edited:

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm really bummed that I didn't get to finish all 30 games, 'cause I'm sure I would've been able to hit the 1700s which would put me in the top 10 in the United States. I'm also kinda bothered that they didn't count one of my games (at the end, it clearly said on my 3DS that I had completed 23 games, but on the site it only adds up to 22). So I got 16-6 when it really should be 17-6. But oh well, there's always next time. In any case, I finished with 1642 and 41st in the United States.

Here's my battle box all:

Rayquaza is obvious, Protect and Dragon Ascent are the staple moves. I chose Extreme Speed 'cause it's pretty clutch to finish off strong threats like Mega Kanga or Xerneas, and Waterfall is just to OHKO Groudon but it 2HKOs Landorus-T's too after Intimidated, which was also very useful.

Xerneas is also obvious. I don't know if it would've been better to use Dazzling Gleam over Moonblast but I don't think so.

Ferrothorn is my absolute favorite Pokemon to use in Doubles so I had to bring it. Gyro Ball OHKOs Xerneas (not sure if it's only after a Geomancy though), Power Whip hits Kyogre and other things, and Leech Seed is just all around useful against bulkier Pokemon.

Nothing to say about Landorus it's also an obvious staple. I found a lot of the time I was just going for a Rock Slide flinch.

Rotom-W really didn't do much, I would have much preferred to switch it with an Aegislash but I couldn't after the competition already started. The only time it came in handy was in my final game vs. a Kangaskhan and a Metagross. In that case, Aegislash still would have done better in my opinion.

Hydreigon was mostly because it is 98 base speed which puts it ahead of most ubers which are mostly in the 90-95 club. It was pretty useful in this really fast paced meta because with Specs Draco Meteor I could basically use it to take out any one Pokemon in one turn.

Anyway, I posted all of my opinions and experiences in earlier posts in this thread, so just go read those. The only thing I'm really feeling right now is that I can't wait for the next competition so I can actually finish all my games and make top 10!

Ok I ended at 1646 not bad, but I wish I could have done better. Luckily we have a very similar competition coming up.
Here is my team.

So I really wanted to use Giratina-O so this is what I ended up with:
Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Level: 50
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Grass Knot
- Moonblast
- Geomancy
- Protect
Pretty good wrecked many weaker teams early on but still managed to hold its own in the higher ranks as well. The speed lets you out run +1 Jolly Mega Ray at +2 from what I remember. Grass Knot 2HKOd every Primal-Groudon so I don't get walled by it.

Giratina-O (Giratina-Origin) @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 196 Def / 252 SpA / 36 SpD / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Dragon Pulse
- Shadow Ball
- Psych Up
- Protect

The star of the show. Very strong and beat the common strategy with Primal Groudon + Cress. The EV spread I through together pretty early in testing so I couldn't tell you what everything was for besides it lives a +252 Xerneas Moonblast. Psych up let we take my own Xernaes's boost or other Xerneas's/Cosmic Power trollers boosts.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Power-Up Punch

Very strong in the meta and goes well with Xerneas not much else to say. I do wish I went with low kick or drain punch over PuP.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak
- Gyro Ball
- King's Shield

This thing is only here to help take on Xerneas because at this point in building I was Extremely weak to it.

Lickilicky @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 236 HP / 20 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Muddy Water
- Icy Wind
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Very anti-meta pokémon. Icy Wind helped with speed control considering I had none at this point and it out slows P-Groudon in Trick room and 2HKOs it with Muddy Water. Just before the competition started I changed it to this spread over the physical I had posted earlier and I'm glad I did.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Rage Powder
- Spore

Don't remember what the spread was for but Amoongus was here to do what Amoongus does, be annoying and re-direct stuff. It worked well helping stop Xerneas but it was OHKOd by so much I wouldn't bring it if I was to do the competition again. Clear Smog was for Xerneas of corse.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)