DOU Official Doubles Winter Seasonal [Signups] (cash prizes omg!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Banned deucer.

Hello and welcome to the kickoff of the 2015 Doubles Circuit!

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard ORAS Doubles tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • Every round, I will choose a match (possibly two) as the Highlight Match. If your match is chosen as the highlight match, two of our commentary crew (myself, Lohgock, Arcticblast, Laga, BLOOD TOTEM) will be commentating your match through the SmogonU Twitch, and it will then be uploaded to Smogon's YouTube. I will contact both players by PM immediately in order to schedule a time. If either player wishes to not be streamed, they may opt out, but let me know quickly, so I can choose someone else to be the highlight match for the week.
  • Because of the nature of the prizes of this tournament, if you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • I'm going to be playing in this tournament, so in the interest of fairness, all activity calls will be made by a neutral TD. If you get an activity loss, do not bitch to me, maybe you should have put more effort into playing your damn match to avoid that contingency.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Smogon Doubles' banlist is banned. Because the dex page is outdated (i put in a pull request like three weeks ago but it hasn't been approved), this is the banlist for Smogon Doubles:

What are we playing for?

First, for recognition. The results of this tournament will be recorded in the Doubles Power Rankings for posterity. Over the course of the year there are probably going to be many events where placing high on this ranking gets you some sort of carrot, in addition to the prestige of being one of the best Doubles players.

Most importantly, for cold, hard ca$h. Unfortunately I can't give exact numbers just yet, but I can promise that first place will get at a bare minimum $20, that second place will get at least $10, and that third place will get no less than $5. And I can promise that it will get to you a lot faster than the OST T-Shirts.

Sound good? Post in to join!

The signups will close on Sunday, February 22, so make sure you've joined by then!

Signups list:

Pwnemon
Mizuhime
Clefairy
McMeghan
The Unlucky One
finally
Laurel
u
xtra$hine
srk1214
tape
qwerts
qsns
ZANBAKUResh
Expulso
Zeldamon Master519
LzrGunPewPew
Aurious
Infamy
trc
deoxys speed
Void
It Is Guest
BKC
BLINGAS
-Tsunami-
PROBLEMS
PDC
radianthero156
Bouffalant
soulgazer
Finchinator
Level 51
SocialSocialSocial
Robert.
Flame Road
Lord Alphose
Royal Flush
Victorious B.I.G.
pastelgameboy
ElegyOfVGC
Hashtag
13ulbasaur
Genesis7
Contradanza
Memoric
Thwack!
Shaian
Edwardo M
TGMD
KyleCole
Nido-Rus
Philosophist
Edgar
Cicada
Pinoy Pwnage
jacob
noname4505
steelphoenix
Ninety Nine
innovamania
Krauersaut
Floppy
reyscarface
aim
-Clone-
makiri
pokebasket
ApplepieFTW
Leremyju
scotti
U-turn Out
Jefozz
Lasagne
Tricking
chimpact
Haruno
zdrup15
TewMew
Rumor
Alf'
Azumarill
Destiny Device
Steve Angello
BLOOD TOTEM
Lustiger Lega
Asterya
Anty
Wushl
Terraquaza
AuraRayquaza
GuglioM
galbia
xzern
D4RR3N
SOMALIA
Electrolyte
Roxer
Lohgock
Red vs Blue
shifty112
Regigigas-Primal
Lady Gaga
sebixxl
Der Dreckige Dan
SoulDragonite
dramadrama
Laga
blunder
Sinclair
FAJI
JODY HiGHROLLER
TheFourthChaser
RiCH HOMiE CHRiS
Metaphysical
We R DNA
VirajVora
atomicllamas
koolkranny
Qazoo306
Luna Ra
OlekTheDon129
Picollo
GiraGoomy
Croven
Fereydun
kamikaze17
byronthewellwell
Vinc2612
Isa
clius
Moony
Quality Content
Mael
F-oh-ex
iliketrains11
Scotty3D
Brophlosion
silver97
GGamer
Geotal
el poeta
INS
Austin
charmeleon123
dEnIsSsS
Not Canadian
Shyfire
youngjake93
Celeberty
AceYoshi2014
kr8tor
scorpdestroyer
shrop05
Braverius
aleuser
Princess Bri
Tesung
Henry
Gh0stride
Cnorth26
Anttya
Lolk
LiberalLucario
Mack Bus
Kiyo
Darkmalice
Cronenburg
Shurrik
Final Demolition
hard
Divixel
During Summer
Agammemnon
Spitzkopf Larry
stunner047
PomMan
n00b
kingmidas
s_aman
TheKFC
Level 56
AllAttack
Haunted.Shadow
thelley16
blarajan
Hikari
Rozykli
idiotfrommars
blinkie
Stockings
Xyldaz
Lunar.
kurockstar15
AngryShroomish
Dr Ciel
Mattyhanna
based n bad
King UU
n1n1
Recreant
Kortex
Rodrigues
Quaggster
Improbable
Mix
John Bob
Pat Labor
Fer
kr11y
SoulWind
Sapientia
Babbytron
Labor
PoliLoco
Rams
H-C
antemortem
Joey's Raticate
SpaceBass
Meloetta<3
ShunGTX!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)