Calling all artists! Facebook needs you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus

Smogon's Facebook page has been booming in popularity as of late, and as such the demand for new, fresh and entertaining content to be pushed out has, in turn, exponentially increased. In order to meet the need that's been outlined, we need talented artists to lend their skills to us!​

We are looking for:

• Dedication - The artwork displayed on the Facebook page has to show effort put into it - these can't be half-assed jobs, it has to be your best.
  • Timeliness - In order for deadlines to be met, all pieces of the article have to be pre-assembled and ready for posting. As such, remaining on top of the artwork is a must.
  • Accountability - Commitment and responsibility go hand in hand. If you say you're going to provide artwork for us, we need to know we can put our faith in you. Failure to follow through on commitments has the natural consequence of negative repercussions throughout the site and with staff - don't make promises you can't keep.
  • Skill - We have a high standard of written contributions - art is no different. As such, the prerequisite for reserving artwork for the Facebook page is to be an approved artist. If you have any questions regarding this part, contact Bummer.
If you meet the criteria above, you're eligible to post reserving a piece of artwork that needs to be completed (the list is below) by replying to this thread. Be sure to pay attention to the deadlines - it's crucial to have these submitted on time. The OP will be regularly updated by myself, tennisace and various other site staff, and we will post saying when we have, so be sure to watch the thread (you can click on the "watch thread" button directly to the right of the "Go to the first unread" button near the title of the thread, or simply post in the thread to recieve notifications).

With all that said, thanks for lending your talent to Smogon - feel free to start reserving immediately.

Artwork Required:

• Typhlosion - February 22nd [RitterCat]
  • Hippowdon - March 1st [Teravolt]
  • Spritzee - March 8th [f(x)]
  • Manaphy - March 15th [KAIZA]
**the dark void of no PotWs for two months**
  • May 30th - Tornadus-Therian [Bummer]
  • June 6th - Cacturne [Bummer]
  • June 13th - Virizion [aXl]
  • June 20th - Archeops [Cretacerus]
  • June 27th - Aerodactyl-Mega [brightobject]
  • July 4th - Gengar [The Mega Lotad]
  • July 11th - Kyurem-Black [Sauropod]
  • July 18th - Garchomp [Cretacerus]
  • July 25th - Altaria-Mega [aXl]
  • August 2nd - Bisharp [aXl]
  • August 9th - Floatzel [Bummer]
  • August 16th - Gardevoir-Mega [TrainerSplash]
  • August 31st - Escavalier [aXl]
  • September 14th - Sneasel [RODAN]
  • September 20th - Weavile [aXl]
  • September 27th - Houndoom-Mega [monomite]
  • October 4th - Mawile [Yilx]
  • October 12th - Azumarill [aXl]
  • October 19th - Ampharos [aXl]
  • October 24th - Volcarona [SailorCosmos]
  • October 31st - Mega Scizor [SailorCosmos]
  • November 7th - Swampert [TrainerSplash]
  • November 21 - Braviary [monomite]
  • November 28 - Lopunny [Magistrum]
  • December 5 - Suicune [monomite]
  • December 12 - Terrakion [Vederation]
  • December 26 - Mega Manectric [aXl]
  • January 2 - Celebi [Vederation]
  • January 9 - Talonflame [Deomage]
  • January 16- Moltres [The Mega Lotad]

Filler PotWs (no deadline for now):
  • Serperior [SailorCosmos]
  • Hoopa-Unbound [Deomage]
  • Krookodile
  • Wobbuffet
  • Keldeo [aXl]
  • Combusken [Vederation]
  • Roselia [aXl]
  • Vigoroth [Vederation]

***THESE DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE. Now, that being said, if it's January 1st and you reserve something for January 30th, I'm not gonna move it to January 2nd, but just be warned to constantly be checking the thread.***

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll take Typhlosion, thanks. Also, what do you mean by "moderator approved art thread" - there's no mod approval, the only requirement for having an art thread is posting three pieces of art.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
I'll take Typhlosion, thanks. Also, what do you mean by "moderator approved art thread" - there's no mod approval, the only requirement for having an art thread is posting three pieces of art.
Generally positive comments - I mean approval in the literal sense of the word, but I'll edit OP to better reflect it n-n

EDIT: As of now, only approved and badged artists may reserve artwork. If you have questions regarding the parameters of 'approved artists', pester Bummer. :]

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
Massive highlights incoming ~

Approved Artists:
13ulbasaur, Andrew, Arkeis, boyvirus, Blue Frog, brightobject, Cartoons!, CBMeadow, chameleonskyes, Chou Toshio, CyzirVisheen, Danmire, Doran Dragon, elcheeso, f(x), Fatecrashers, Fisdunction, Furosuto, HellaHellaStyle, icepick, ium, Jhall, Kadew, Kinneas, Kythro, Lemonade., Magistrum, The Mega Lotad, MiniArchitect, Myuu767, Mos-Quitoxe, nada somos, namh, Nastyjungle, Nerina, nov, paintseagull, princessofmusic, Rocket Grunt, rubs, Regime, RitterCat, sandshrewz, Sephirona, Servaline, Shinxe, sirndpt, SoIheardyoulikeSENTRET, tcrfelton, TeraVolt, TheMutant, Tikitik, ToxicPhox, Volmise, ZapDraws

If you got highlighted above, you're one of the people eligible to contribute - please click "watch thread" to receive constant updates for when new art is required.

If you WEREN'T highlighted in this post, talk to Bummer or Zracknel about becoming an approved artist.

Thanks in advance :]

Last edited:
Well, I was tagged earlier today, though not anymore it seems...Still, I do know I'm on the approved artist list.

I guess I could take Manaphy (deadline well after exams are over, so it works out).

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It appears that Krauersaut used the same tags we use to make artists aware that the next Smog issue is in the works, meaning that both badged and unbadged artists was tagged. To clarify, those of you that were tagged is in no way or form required to contribute, we just want to put some attention to the need of artwork for our Facebook articles and that everyone tagged have proven themselves capable to handle such a task.

Carry on.

I don't know what this is but I miss Rocket Grunt now, that guy was rad.
you and me both

Last edited:

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Removing sticky status since the point has come across and I don't want an unnecessarily long list of stickied threads. Krauersaut and tennisace are two blokes to contact if you wanna decorate our facebook page, but feel free to turn to me as well and I can put in a good word for ya.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
I can help with the Archeops image for next Friday if needed, since I have an unused sketch of one drawn out some time ago. Wouldn't mind though if a more experienced artist would like to take it on, just let me know^^

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
May I take a shot at Mega Altaria on July 25th please? Not only is it close to my birthday, I love drawing fluffy clouds birds! x)

Bummer Edit: We spoke about this, and I am fine with this on the condition I get to approve the end result first.

I'll go ahead and post my Gengar. I like Gengar a lot, so by the time this PoTW releases I may replace this one with another Gengar drawing. Or I may just revisit this one, make a few adjustments, or something. I guess you can go ahead and call this a WIP honestly. But anyways, here it is:

GENGAR-v2-JULY-2015.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)