TCRFELTON's art thread

Well, I'm tcrfelton and I have been into Pokemon since the beginning (Green Version...I had a pushy Japanese friend in the late 90's). I recently obtained a Bachelor's of Fine Arts degree and in my free time I like to make Pokemon art. I do all kinds, digital, traditional, anime-ish, realistic...you name it.

I figured that I might post some of my work here just because you guys would appreciate it. Most "artists" don't enjoy fan art.

Anyhoo... here's some stuff!

Here's a painting I did of MegaAbsol. The second I saw that bad boy I busted out a canvas and got to work. It's acrylics and oils.

This painting is Nidoking. It is acrylic on clayboard transferred into Photoshop PS6 and finished digitally.

This is a crappy self portrait as a Pokemon trainer. I'm better at the paintings than the cartoony style.

Here's Whimsicott, my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon.

Here's one I did in an hour for a last minute school project, lol.

Anyways, feel free to leave critiques (I spent four years in art school, I can take it if your thoughts aren't all rainbows and puppies). If you have any questions, or want to know anything, feel free to ask.

Oh, within the next day or two I will add a Jigglypuff painting that I did for my daughter. It's massive! I just need a good day to photograph it :)

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I figured that I might post some of my work here just because you guys would appreciate it. Most "artists" don't enjoy fan art.
You should visit DeviantArt too lol, you'd fit right in.

And I love your paintings! That Nidoking piece is awesomesauce! I like the rough texture you got going for it, although some of the grain went past over the tail, if I had to nitpick :P (is that intentional or it's just because of the clayboard?)

I wish I took Fine Arts in college too...

Welcome to Smeargle's trcfelton! Keep it goin' :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Man, seems like you've got a foot down in most aspect of art there is, loving that Psyduck sculpture and 'Puff painting. Only serious flaw I've noticed thus far is how Nidoking's left eye should be further to the side, right now it's not symmetrical in comparison to the rest of its face.

I'm one of the art leaders for our webzine The Smog, and we're always looking out for new people to illustrate our articles. Everyone involved help out voluntarily, so if you feel like contributing with an image or two, shoot me a message and I'll get you access to our workshop here on the forums. :)

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
wait, people actually use that to draw? Unbelievable.

But yeah, loving that Psyduck pic. You captured its hollow mind well, and a kickass bg to roll with it.

The use of Pokemon Art Academy to make such stuff is pretty cool! You definitely deserve a prize of some sort.

Completely non-Pokemon, but as to why I haven't been making much Pokemon art...I am getting a novel published that I started writing while I was in Art School. It's fantasy and if you're interested just "like" and share the FB page to get info, news, and the upcoming release date. It will be on sale on Amazon and on your Kindle before anywhere else, and that should be before summertime. Please check it out, the Pokemon community is pretty supportive and hopefully that is true for the reading community as well.

https://www.facebook.com/Lightsreach

Here's the book cover, that way y'all are still seeing some art, lol.

Lightsreach Cover Illus.jpg

Yes I did, but I don't think that any of it will make it into the book. I've been debating doing a few pen and ink illustrations to put throughout, but I'm still juggling that idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)