The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton played for two more years tbh. His neck hasn't failed him since the surgery and his thigh/quad will heal eventually. As long as he can avoid injury during the season he can still play at an MVP level. Suggesting the Broncos should move forward without him is crazy. They don't have an Andrew Luck waiting in the wings like the Colts did and this team will go back to mediocrity once Peyton leaves. The Broncos' Super Bowl window stays open until Peyton either retires or declines. The Broncos were bad before Peyton showed up, they'll be bad again once he leaves.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Saying they will be BAD when he leaves isn't exactly all that smart tbh, they have tons of weapons on offense and a good defense (that is overshadowed since no team can play good defense on the same team as Peyton Manning)

Saying they will be BAD when he leaves isn't exactly all that smart tbh, they have tons of weapons on offense and a good defense (that is overshadowed since no team can play good defense on the same team as Peyton Manning)
full of players they can't pay with Peyton's $22 million

xJownage

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
If Winston is on the board when the Rams are picking they'll take him. Problem is that there's no way that happens. Someone will trade up a shitton to draft Winston before 10 if he starts falling towards the Rams.

Speaking of trading, the Buccaneers should try to deal the top pick IMO. You could get a king's ransom for it (probably almost as much as the Rams got in the RG3 trade) and just ride out Mike Glennon for a year or try to get a stopgap like Ryan Fitzpatrick if he's released. Let's say the Jets wanted Winston and were willing to give up 2 first-rounders and a second for him. You could draft someone like Shane Ray plus get two (likely early) first and second-round picks in 2016 that could go towards a franchise QB. To compete against Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, and Drew Brees you need an elite pass rush because even with a solid QB the Bucs aren't going to have the offensive firepower to match the other high-octane offenses in the division. Winston might be worth an early first-rounder, but I don't think he's worth 2 early first-rounders and second-rounders and that's how much the Bucs could get from him. Especially if the Bucs stay in the top 6 and get themselves a good shot at Mariota.

EDIT: I think the Rams want to keep Bradford because they know they aren't going to get anyone better this season unless they give up the farm to get Mariota/Winston. Bradford's injury prone and not that good, but he's better than Brett Hundley or Austin Davis. Maybe they just like the kid, but I think they're just being realistic here.

Last edited:

xJownage

At the same time DetroitLolcat, you can't ignore the huge possibility of Winston slipping; some slip ups in the combine that make him look just a little worse and the concerns with character will be magnified by a significant amount, possibly enough to prevent desperate teams from attempting to jump up and grab winston.

Winston might be worth an early first-rounder, but I don't think he's worth 2 early first-rounders and second-rounders and that's how much the Bucs could get from him. Especially if the Bucs stay in the top 6 and get themselves a good shot at Mariota.
Flawed logic is flawed... it is highly, highly doubtful that any two NFL franchises will differ so far on either of the top two QBs such that one would value a QB outside the top 10 and the other would as multiple first-round picks. If the Bucs don't value Winston or Mariota as a top 5 pick, then no other NFL franchise would trade multiple first rounders for them! Add that to the fact that the Bucs might be the most QB-needy team in the league right now, and it's almost impossible to see them trading the first pick in either a buyer's or a seller's market, whichever it becomes over the next two months.

Besides, the NFL is and will always be "Win Now" and not "Win Later." The Bucs' coaching staff and front office might survive another bad year to risk on a QB next year, but what does that accomplish? Especially if Winston/Mariota end up doing well wherever they end up? The Bucs will be in the exact same situation next year, in the top 5 of the draft choosing between Connor Cook or Cardale Jones as the QB the coaches will risk their careers on... lol. The Bucs have already tried the veteran approach, and Glennon has been average at best. If Lovie Smith wants to be coaching in two or three years, he has to draft a quarterback now.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ired-employee-who-sold-deflategate-footballs/

Hope to god the patriots sue the shit out of the NFL and ESPN for defamation after this.

The patriots should get extra draft picks etc etc for having to deal with all this.

MEANWHILE

http://deadspin.com/report-colts-are-probably-going-to-void-trent-richards-1686446953

The Colts are trying to swindle Trent Richardson out of 3.5 million dollars because his wife had complications with her pregnancy

But the patriots are the real bad guys here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ired-employee-who-sold-deflategate-footballs/

Hope to god the patriots sue the shit out of the NFL and ESPN for defamation after this.

The patriots should get extra draft picks etc etc for having to deal with all this.

MEANWHILE

http://deadspin.com/report-colts-are-probably-going-to-void-trent-richards-1686446953

The Colts are trying to swindle Trent Richardson out of 3.5 million dollars because his wife had complications with her pregnancy

But the patriots are the real bad guys here.
Patriots fans are so god damn defensive. This is partly why I hate Pats fans because they constantly defend their team and say that they are innocent when in reality they are most likely guilty. But I digress.
As for this link, I admit that it's a shitty situation and I'm disappointed with Indianapolis. Not knowing where Richardson was is frustrating ,sure, but voiding his contract is bullshit. Especially because the reason is his wife's pregnancy troubles. We need a better RB anyway but this does not do the Colts any favors.

xJownage

Patriots fans are so god damn defensive. This is partly why I hate Pats fans because they constantly defend their team and say that they are innocent when in reality they are most likely guilty. But I digress.
As for this link, I admit that it's a shitty situation and I'm disappointed with Indianapolis. Not knowing where Richardson was is frustrating ,sure, but voiding his contract is bullshit. Especially because the reason is his wife's pregnancy troubles. We need a better RB anyway but this does not do the Colts any favors.
Wow its been a while since I've seen such hypocrisy, you literally said the EXACT SAME THING that he did in reverse order.

Patriots may or may not have been cheating, Colts may or may not be assholes, but tbh can we shut up about this? Please? Its petty, defensive, and extremely tryhard for you guys to be going around trying to justify your team's mistakes. Almost every organization in the NFL is full of dicks and we need to accept that.

Is the rest of this thread until the draft going to be half people shitting on the patriots and the other half defending them? I swear with all the anti-Pats posts and all the retorts that come in response we could've made another thread by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)