drugs (we're gonna get hi, hi, hi)

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
hey friends, anyone have any simple tips for making my first time taking shrooms more enjoyable? (gonna be doing them on Friday) i've got most of the basics covered I think but it'd be cool to hear some things you guys find that are enjoyable to do or useful to have with you while tripping. thanks!
Be somewhere comfortable. Have people around you that you are comfortable with and who know you will be using. Enjoy a meal before you come down. Have a good trip.

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hey friends, anyone have any simple tips for making my first time taking shrooms more enjoyable? (gonna be doing them on Friday) i've got most of the basics covered I think but it'd be cool to hear some things you guys find that are enjoyable to do or useful to have with you while tripping. thanks!
Be somewhere comfortable. Have people around you that you are comfortable with and who know you will be using. Enjoy a meal before you come down. Have a good trip.
idk, shrooms often cause serious nausea so I wouldn't recommend eating much. But juice/soda is good to give you energy

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
idk, shrooms often cause serious nausea so I wouldn't recommend eating much. But juice/soda is good to give you energy
The act of eating was very much enhanced in my experience. I guess that isn't a good recommendation for everyone? You definitely want to get some acidic juices to help break those things down in your stomach though. I recommend lemonade but lime juice or orange juice also works.

Last edited:

cookie

my wish like everyone else is to be seen
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The act of eating was very much enhanced in my experience. I guess that isn't a good recommendation for everyone? You definitely want to get some acidic juices to help break those things down in your stomach though. I recommend lemonade but like juice or orange juice also works.
Sorry I should've clarified: eating before - on the basis that if they don't make you nauseous you can always eat during, rather than potentially puking by pre-loading with food.

Ice lollies are pretty fun on shrooms - they are flavourful, refreshing and don't fill you up.

I think my ascent died after about 13 months today :( I don't really know how because it worked perfectly fine the last time I used it and it hasn't been touched since but it won't heat up more than one degree a minute and the LED doesn't come on when I plug it in to charge. I'm hoping if I charge it overnight and check again in the morning it will work better cause this would really suck losing this piece so quickly.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I think my ascent died after about 13 months today :( I don't really know how because it worked perfectly fine the last time I used it and it hasn't been touched since but it won't heat up more than one degree a minute and the LED doesn't come on when I plug it in to charge. I'm hoping if I charge it overnight and check again in the morning it will work better cause this would really suck losing this piece so quickly.
13 months is still under warranty, e-mail da vinci if you can't get it to work since it sounds like a heater issue

13 months is still under warranty, e-mail da vinci if you can't get it to work since it sounds like a heater issue
I'm just kind of nervous because their website says the warranty is void if there's illegal substances in it and idk if I'll be able to get -everything- out of it. I'll def try though

v

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm just kind of nervous because their website says the warranty is void if there's illegal substances in it and idk if I'll be able to get -everything- out of it. I'll def try though
dont worry about it, just dont leave the stem in. clean what you can but I wouldnt stress out about it too badly. people redeem warranties all the time for ascents because the older units were less reliable.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
it's a vape... as long as you don't send a fully loaded ascent I don't think they'll care about trace amounts. You're not sending it to the FBI either lol

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
People who make vapes know what those vapes will be majorly used for. So there is an implicit sort of understanding there. Chill, they won't put it through CSI or something.

I was just prescribed 30mg of Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse) for my ADHD diagnosis. I know it supposedly has "no potential for abuse," due to the fact that it only can become activated in your liver, meaning all other forms of taking it will not activate the slow release drug, rendering it effectively useless. I've heard you can increase the effects of Vyvanse with certain dietary supplements, like Pancreatin, Clove oil, and L-Tyrosine; all of which aid in the process of digestion. Does anyone else here have experience with the drug? I have taken Ritalin and Adderall before when I was younger and I noticed that Vyvanse lacks the normal amphetamine rush; however, the comedowns are much less intense and the mental energy and high is much more clear for me. Any thoughts or tips would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

^^^ I took Vyvanse a couple times to study when someone sold it to me instead of Adderall. I enjoyed it more than Adderall for the reasons you stated, but I'm inclined to use amphetamines and prescription drugs in extreme moderation (no prescription here). I don't believe there's no potential for abuse.

^^^ I took Vyvanse a couple times to study when someone sold it to me instead of Adderall. I enjoyed it more than Adderall for the reasons you stated, but I'm inclined to use amphetamines and prescription drugs in extreme moderation (no prescription here). I don't believe there's no potential for abuse.
I think I actually agree with you on the no potential for abuse part, I just think it probably has less potential than other amphetamines which are prescribed for ADHD due to it's unique activation which can only be metabolized through the liver. I have noticed that days where I do not take the drug, I feel sluggish and groggy, and I can definitely see how someone could form a dependence on the substance. I used to be an alcoholic, so I take much caution in limiting myself before I go overboard with any drugs, prescriptions included.

Also, @MKTZ , I used to smoke cigarettes and cigars often, but thankfully I quit for good about 4 months ago. My ability to breathe and do physical activity was improved by nearly 100% about only a week and a half after quitting. Definitely one of the best choices I ever made was to quit tobacco. I feel so much healthier mentally and physically without it. I still have cravings, of course--just like with alcohol (but not as pronounced as my alcohol cravings), but I have learned to control them and focus on other things. That's not to say there aren't ways to healthily enjoy your fair share of alcohol or a smoke every now and then, but for me personally, they have only had poor results, such as bad health and pretty bad decisions made due to my past excessive drinking.

Also, @MKTZ , I used to smoke cigarettes and cigars often, but thankfully I quit for good about 4 months ago. My ability to breathe and do physical activity was improved by nearly 100% about only a week and a half after quitting. Definitely one of the best choices I ever made was to quit tobacco. I feel so much healthier mentally and physically without it. I still have cravings, of course--just like with alcohol (but not as pronounced as my alcohol cravings), but I have learned to control them and focus on other things. That's not to say there aren't ways to healthily enjoy your fair share of alcohol or a smoke every now and then, but for me personally, they have only had poor results, such as bad health and pretty bad decisions made due to my past excessive drinking.
I've tried to quit smoking upwards of 10 times in just one year. However I became so reliant on smoking as an outlet for my pain that the thought of no longer having it literally makes me feel sick. The times that I have attempted to quit ended terribly. For some reason my body loved giving me body aches and headaches to the point that nothing but smoking could fix them. I'm trying to get active again to try to tone my body but smoking is really holding me back. Every time I work out I would smoke after which basically negated all the toning that I had done. One day I will quit, I just don't know when.

Let me take everything you said about trying to quit smoking, and it can be directly applied to me trying to quit drinking...

I drank so much and so recklessly that pretty much every time I would blackout, no exceptions. Some people can enjoy alcohol responsibly and stop when they want to, other people, such as myself, go until there is no liquor left or we just plain pass out. I began losing money to drinking, my grades slipped horrendously, my health started to decline (as well as my hygiene), my resting heart rate was always above 100, I developed panic attacks and anxiety if I hadn't had a drink in 24~ hours, I couldn't even go outside or leave my room the anxiety got so bad sometimes. It got to the point where my relationships with my friends, family and SO were severely strained. So much so, that many people who are near and dear to me were threatening to cut me out of their life for good if I didn't stop drinking all together.

Anyways, alcoholism rant over, I eventually was able to quit after multiple attempts (I honestly couldn't tell you because alcohol destroyed my memory quite a bit during that time frame). But, I guess what I'm trying to say, man, is that I know how hard it can be to quit a substance. The hellish withdrawals, agitation, cold sweats and overall depression are things I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. If you are truly serious about quitting, then don't try to do it alone! I wouldn't have been able to quit alcohol without the support of some great people in my life, hard work, and extensive substance counseling therapy. My piece of advice to you (if you're looking for some, that is) is to seek outside guidance to help you quit, because the withdrawals and depression can get very scary very quickly if you try to quit alone. You might always have an itch to smoke, but that is normal, and you will learn how to control those urges once the initial withdrawal effects are replaced with mental rather than physical cravings. Best of luck to you in your journey to quit!

Also, I'd like to add that I'm not advocating that anyone abstain 100% from any drugs or alcohol, I'm very pro-drug and think that (most) drugs can have many hidden benefits if used wisely and in moderation. However, I think that when a substance begins to greatly diminish a person's overall life quality, rather than enhance it, it might be time for that person reevaluate whether or not their substance(s) of choice is a positive or a negative influence on their overall quality of life. It is then up to that person to decide if their substance(s) of choice is/are actually something that they can tolerate the continued use of. Some people can be taught how to use in moderation and can be perfectly content and healthy, other people have to quit entirely to get control over their addiction(s).

Reactions: En
I've heard nicotine is harder to quit than heroin coming from former heroin addicts. That's enough to make me not want to touch tobacco, but can anyone speak to the truth of that?

I've heard nicotine is harder to quit than heroin coming from former heroin addicts. That's enough to make me not want to touch tobacco, but can anyone speak to the truth of that?
I've never done heroine but I am a current smoker who can verify that nicotine is one of the hardest things I've ever tried to quit in my life. Most people tell me that smoking isn't that bad to quit because you're usually just snappy and have severe cravings that go away after two or more weeks. However no one ever told me about the physical withdrawal pains on top of the more common side effects that come from nicotine addiction. The first time I tried to quit my body would be fine for a little while but after a few hours my body would suddenly ache, a pain that I cannot describe to you with words. I was snapping at everyone, threatening them, and pushing them over the edge. Nothing could stop the pain, I'd literally just lay in the dark for hours waiting for the pain to go away. Even after all that I still ended up smoking again so I guess I'll have to go through all of that again.

But yeah, it's pretty awful trying to quit smoking.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I've never done heroine but I am a current smoker who can verify that nicotine is one of the hardest things I've ever tried to quit in my life. Most people tell me that smoking isn't that bad to quit because you're usually just snappy and have severe cravings that go away after two or more weeks. However no one ever told me about the physical withdrawal pains on top of the more common side effects that come from nicotine addiction. The first time I tried to quit my body would be fine for a little while but after a few hours my body would suddenly ache, a pain that I cannot describe to you with words. I was snapping at everyone, threatening them, and pushing them over the edge. Nothing could stop the pain, I'd literally just lay in the dark for hours waiting for the pain to go away. Even after all that I still ended up smoking again so I guess I'll have to go through all of that again.

But yeah, it's pretty awful trying to quit smoking.
How long have you been smoking, and how often do you smoke per day?

Before I start, I'm not trying to promote cigarette use I'm just curious as to what kinds people have smoked in their life and what their favorite brands were.

I'm in Canada so many of you may have not heard of this brand but I smoke Number 7 Reds (Original flavor basically) King size (large). But I've also smoked Players Red King size and Export A' Green King size.

So what's your guys favorite brands?

Edit:

As knots stated below most people are moving toward vaping as an alternative to smoking so I'm opening up the thread to discussion of vaping flavors and vapes themselves. For me my favorite flavor of vape is called Kool Grape it has 12 mg of nicotine in it and tastes better than most other grape flavors that I have found. It's not an overpowering grape flavor and is quite pleasant.

As stated above, what's your guys favorite flavors of vape juice?

Last edited:

v

it's because you smoke a shitload, you have to taper off or use a nicotine patch for that heavy a habit

it's because you smoke a shitload, you have to taper off or use a nicotine patch for that heavy a habit
Nicotine itself isn't the only problem, I also enjoy smoking. That may sound odd but it's a real fact that can cause people to not want to quit. I don't find the habit disgusting I'm just trying to quit for my own health because I'm not looking forward to having a ton of health issues when I'm older.

v

that isnt what's causing the pain lol, it is because you are going from 60 to 0 instantly. if you dont taper off you wont be able to quit. you can always replace the ritual of smoking with something else like an afternoon joint of even smoking the dozens of non-tobacco smokeables on the market

that isnt what's causing the pain lol, it is because you are going from 60 to 0 instantly. if you dont taper off you wont be able to quit. you can always replace the ritual of smoking with something else like an afternoon joint of even smoking the dozens of non-tobacco smokeables on the market
I have a vape that has helped me a lot. I've cut back significantly then what I used to smoke. Now on average I smoke 8-15 a day in the last two weeks or so. It helps but it's just not the same. But yeah I'll start cutting back more and see where that gets me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)