my loyal subjects, the time has come

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
i, the great kokoloko, have decided to finally step down from my position as the supreme overlord of the smogon underused tier.

i'm sure by now most of you have noticed my absence, and while i don't want to go too much into detail about it, let's just say real life is a bitch, heh. the reason i had not stepped down before was mostly because i didn't feel comfortable leaving the tier in the hands of inexperienced leaders--not to take anything away from sam or even calloflochie, i just felt like the tier still needed me. however, recently someone whom i wholeheartedly trust has joined the smogon uu community--Hikari.

as some of you know, before i came to smogon i was the underuser tier leader on pokemon-online, and hikari was my co-leader there. i left because i realized that place is a shithole, and while it took him a couple more years to realize it, he's finally here :] he's been slowly getting integrated into the community, and while i'm sure this is going to come as a shock to many of you, please trust me when i say i'm leaving you all in good hands. i'll let him tell you a bit more about himself when he gets the chance.

i will be playing an advisory role for Sam and Hikari for as long as they need me to, so i'll still be around.

one last thing i want to do is thank everyone who supported me and my decisions since the beginning of gen 6. i know that i created some of the most dramatic controversy in smogon history due to the way i decided to run the tier, and a lot of you were there supporting me all the way. thank you for that. we definitely proved a lot of people wrong :]

that is all.

Ah! this explains why koko has been begging me to get involved here on Smogon for like 4 years.

Seriously though. I'm certain this is unexpected for some people, heck it was unexpected for me when he told me, but we have been knowing each other for a long time, and he trusts me enough to make me his replacement, and I am confident in my ability to lead the UU tier.

Note that I'm not getting the position just for being koko's friend or anything like that, it certainly helped but there are some real reasons. Some people might think I'm new, but I have been closely following and playing Smogon tiers for years, long time before I even made this account. I can play many tiers, but UU has been my main since DPP UU, and I currently consider ORAS UU my best Gen 6 tier. As koko said, both of us led PO BW UU, which is widely considered as the best PO tier and arguably is better than Smogon BW UU (specially in the period of time when some people believed unbanning Hail wasn't a terrible idea). For countless hours, we have discussed tiering policies and decisions related to all UU metagames since DPP, and we constantly talk about the current ORAS UU meta. And lastly, when I finally decided to start contributing to Smogon, I asked koko to help me get in UU QC team; the people in charge of that decided to give me the opportunity despite the fact they really didn't know anything about me, and I'm certain that at this point I've showed them I'm a hard worker and a good contributor.

I know lots of people know what I'm capable of, and how much I know about UU and tiering. This post is for the ones who don't.

And to end this, I want to quote a wise man:

"We are not here to take part, we are here to take over" — Conor "The GOAT" McGregor

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm having trouble telling if this is a Firebot thread or not.

Congrats, Hikari. Good luck running the tier.

Kink

it's a thug life ¨̮
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
kokoloko, I never had the chance to tell you this, so I'll say it here: thanks for giving me a chance and for trusting me with aspects of your tier. I appreciate everything you've taught me and everything you let me be a part of.

Hikari, congrats man! I look forward to the fun times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)