Project Little Cup Teambuilding Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.
The workshop will start at 6pm GMT which is after 35 minutes in the #littlecup channel on IRC, you may be wondering why there wasn't some voting this time it's because most people that vote don't even participate in the workshops so we'll be having a poll posted in the channel at 6pm to choose the mon that we'll build around.

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi I am Mambo and I say important things sometimes.

The process by which we're doing these workshops is fucked at best right now. There are a some main issues that I'm going to bring up and propose suggestions on how to mend these problems, but the floor is open to you guys to discuss potential solutions as well. If you have a good idea on how to move forward with these, pm either me, QuoteCS, or Yagura.

1) The Focal Point: The focal point of the team's we've been building as gotten increasingly more niche and sometimes borderline gimmicky with each passing week. The concept of a workshop is to aid new users in learning how to teambuild for and with the common threats of LC; this isn't accomplished successfully if we're building around a shitty moveset / core. Also, when the workshops actually begin, nobody has any idea as to the direction of the team, unless it's incredibly obvious by the chosen Pokemon. To amend these issues, I suggest that we nominate Pokemon that are viable without copious amounts of team support and/or are known to be incredibly viable already. I know that this will lead to somewhat stale teambuilds from a glance, but I have a solution to that as well. I also suggest (and shoutout to GlassGlaceon for this) that when nominating the Pokemon to build around, the nominators provide solid reasoning as to why that Pokemon would be a sufficient focal point and include a moveset for the Pokemon. If a moveset is posted that you don't agree with, feel free to debate it prior to voting and even during the voting process.

2) Frequency: Right now, we're holding workshops every other week. In my opinion, this is way too frequent because we aren't able to publicize the workshop and get newer players (which the workshops are directed at) to mark it on their calendars so they can show up, contribute, and learn about teambuilding for LC. I suggest that we shift the frequency to once at the end of every month, preferably still on a weekend, so that more people can prepare to be available on that date and the workshop won't just be limited to a few veterans building.

3) Publicizing: The alert for the last workshop was posted 35 minutes prior to the start of the workshop. Only the people who were already online at the time were aware that the workshop would be taking place and this was the main reason why very few people showed up and the last session was ultimately a failure. I know that Quote, who was co-hosting the last workshop, only saw the alert 4 minutes prior to it starting. I'm going to make a point to make sure that everyone who may want to participate is fully aware of the scheduled time and I'll periodically post reminders of the time in this thread.

4) Workshop-ness: The process that we're utilizing currently just ends in veterans teambuilding around something they don't want to, simply to pump out a team and say that they contributed to a workshop, even though it's not a workshop at that point. I have seen maybe 1-2 new people present and active during a workshop over the entire span of this project, which is disgusting considering that this entire project is targeted at new users. The frequency aspect is a good means of attempting to solve this issue, but there is more we can do. I suggest that we organize a panel of people who will run the workshop and will be focused on helping new users as opposed to just trying to contort the team to their liking. This panel will change every workshop depending on the availability of veterans, with the only truly stable players on the panel being myself, Quote, and Yagura. We will also be rather picky when it comes to deciding panelists, so if your status within the community is pretty shitty and you aren't some godlike player, good luck m8.

With that being said, the next workshop will be on March 28th at 2pm EST. I'm going to open up the nominations process to the public, but make sure that you are posting a legitimate moveset / core and that you are fully explaining why you chose it, what the team structure may look like, why it's a good choice for a workshop, etc.

tl;dr read it you nerds

I'll update the OP to reflect the new changes, but seriously guys this project has a lot of potential and it's just being wasted the way it is atm, hopefully it'll be better with the changes.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For those unaware, you are allowed to start posting your nominations for the next workshop session. Remember, we're looking for viable movesets/cores to work with here, an explanation as to why you chose it, the team's overall structure, etc. In other words, convince us your idea is worthy of being used in a session.

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
LC Leader
I'm gonna drop the core of
&

The most common Gastly counters and checks are weak to ground and in general, most teams in this meta suffer from a Drilbur weakness. Gastly capitalizes on said weakness by wallbreaking very handily for Drilbur. Their high speed stats help the offensive prowess of the team and the duo both fit on a variety of archetypes which allows for some not bulky mons. The core is also kinda weak to several things, but said weakness can be covered by many 'mons and doesn't necessarily dictate the team archetype we build.

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
I'm going to suggest a core of SubBJ Snivy + Smash Omanyte:
+

Both of these mons have seen a rise in popularity recently, Snivy with the addition of Contrary to boost its Leaf Storms and Omanyte as people realize what a good mon it is. Neither of these pokemon are niche; both are solid and established threats in the meta that work well together. They do, however, have counters as a duo, which is what a teambuild can be focused on beating. If the strategy isnt apparent (i posted it in the cores thread) Snivy attempts to knock things off / glare things its first time in, then get a snowball effect going vs bulky mons, forcing something like Fletch to beat it with prio. The combination of strong special attacks + para / ko support / drawing in setup opportunities means a usually super strong mon in Oma is made even better by Snivy. This team isnt limiting for building; they slot nicely as supporter / wincon on offense or as a central offensive duo on balance with spikes (oma + spikes is really good people).

These be the sets i'm thinking:
Snivy @ Berry Juice
Ability: Contrary
Level: 5
EVs: 156 HP / 232 SpA / 92 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Substitute
- Knock Off
- Glare

Omanyte @ Eviolite
Ability: Shell Armor
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 196 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

nominating omanyte to build around
ill edit a full post in when im not on shitty mobile, but tl;dr: best smasher, great fletch check, fits on any archetype, aso has a fun defensive hazards set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)