Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Are there some good trade threads out there that have a decent selection of PB legendary Pokemon? In particular I'm looking for the following:
  • Modest Suicune
  • Adamant Terrakion
  • Calm Thundurus
  • Modest Heatran
Thanks!
Ive got a good Modest Suicune, PM for details :)

I'm looking for a 'perfect' hp fire magnemite, breeding one is proving to be too much of a headache. I have sturdy tyrunts and contrary snivy available for trade! and other stuff, just tell me what you want i guess. thank you!!

Looking for any of these for my AG team (transfers accepted):

- Adamant Arceus
- Timid Darkrai (0 IV in atk would be epic)
- Adamant Rayquaza
- Impish Groudon
- Calm Whimsicott

Last edited:
Looking for any of these for my AG team (transfers accepted):

- Adamant Arceus
- Timid Darkrai (0 IV in atk would be epic)
- Adamant Rayquaza
- Impish Groudon
- Calm Whimsicott
I have Adamant Rayquaza and Impish Groudon (from Emerald).

So yeah, I have a bit of a weird question so I doubt people will know lol.

I wanna RNG myself some Modest/Timid shiny Unowns with cool Hidden Powers. The thing is though, the PID determines the letter, but in Fire Red and Leaf Green, all Unowns are scattered around in different rooms; so obviously, while (for example) a PID of 593E014E would generate a letter S Unown if you were in a room with all 28, I'm gonna assume that it will be different letters depending on the room. And since specific frames are directly related to encounter slots, I'm gonna assume that one PID (if multiple) can get different letters, even in the same room. I know the encounter % of the Unown, but I don't know what letter corresponds to what encounter slot. Any ideas?

Hello Smogon !

I still need a few baby Pokemons to breed from in order to build my doubles teams: I don't know if I can offer much in return but don't be afraid to ask ! Here's my little christmas list (IVs don't matter):

- Iron Fist Timburr/Conkeldur (Adamant would be a nice plus)
- Dark Pulse Deino/Hydreigon (Modest ? I'd take it even more gladly !)
- Larvesta/Volcarona (Bold would be great)
- Intimidate Scraggy (Adamant or Careful are a plus)

Natures are optional of course: thanks a lot by advance for your generosity people !

Hello Smogon !

I still need a few baby Pokemons to breed from in order to build my doubles teams: I don't know if I can offer much in return but don't be afraid to ask ! Here's my little christmas list (IVs don't matter):

Natures are optional of course: thanks a lot by advance for your generosity people !
When do you need them by? Do you care about the ball?

I have Adamant Rayquaza and Impish Groudon (from Emerald).

So yeah, I have a bit of a weird question so I doubt people will know lol.

I wanna RNG myself some Modest/Timid shiny Unowns with cool Hidden Powers. The thing is though, the PID determines the letter, but in Fire Red and Leaf Green, all Unowns are scattered around in different rooms; so obviously, while (for example) a PID of 593E014E would generate a letter S Unown if you were in a room with all 28, I'm gonna assume that it will be different letters depending on the room. And since specific frames are directly related to encounter slots, I'm gonna assume that one PID (if multiple) can get different letters, even in the same room. I know the encounter % of the Unown, but I don't know what letter corresponds to what encounter slot. Any ideas?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/most-generation-prng-help-information.52180/
Never done Unown in 3rd gen since it's easier in HG/SS, but if PID is directly related to Unown letter in 3rd gen like Nature and Gender I would expect it to reroll until it encounters a PID that works for one of the letters available.
But assuming you're doing this on emu (would be kinda stupid to attempt this on retail), it should be pretty easy for you to figure out what happens through a little quick trial and error.

K/t? Leaning to toss but I want opinions

Kyurem - #646 (Naughty) : 31 / 31 / 31 / 28 / 23 / 31
Toss, if SpA had been 31 then maybe, but that SpD is still rather low.

Hello Smogon !

I can give you a modest deino.

I'm available right now for a trade if that's your question, but otherwise I don't have any precise deadline. Tournaments here in France are rather scarse. As for the balls, they don't matter :)
Actually, it's more the opposite. I don't have Wifi for at least another 24 hours and I'd have to breed them, but I do have parents available so I can provide spitbacks. VM me as a reminder and I'll try to get what you need this weekend.

Actually, it's more the opposite. I don't have Wifi for at least another 24 hours and I'd have to breed them, but I do have parents available so I can provide spitbacks. VM me as a reminder and I'll try to get what you need this weekend.
Okey then ! Spitbacks are completely fine. I'll leave a message on your page tomorrow, or even the day after that, to let you know I can trade. Thanks a lot for your time :)

Hello Smogon !

I have some spitback Ultra Ball female Bold Larvesta's lying around (at least 2 IV afaik; lol friend Safari). I also have a Modest 2IV female Repeat Ball if you're interested (Repeat for regular and Ultra for shiny eventually).

Dark Ray said:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/most-generation-prng-help-information.52180/
Never done Unown in 3rd gen since it's easier in HG/SS, but if PID is directly related to Unown letter in 3rd gen like Nature and Gender I would expect it to reroll until it encounters a PID that works for one of the letters available.
But assuming you're doing this on emu (would be kinda stupid to attempt this on retail), it should be pretty easy for you to figure out what happens through a little quick trial and error.
Yeah, I figured it would be trial and error. Thanks though! =P

Last edited:
Looking for tyrunt with his ha,i know there is a giveaway but he didnt answered there yet so im asking here :)

Hey all,

Are there some good trade threads out there that have a decent selection of PB legendary Pokemon? In particular I'm looking for the following:
  • Modest Suicune
  • Adamant Terrakion
  • Calm Thundurus
  • Modest Heatran
Thanks!
I have a modest heatran :)

How does a jolly meg sceptile w/ SD compare to a special attack based one?
rather poorly, base 110 attack compared to 145 sp attack so you have less damage, coverage is less optimal than special attacking one. Issues with 4 move syndrome where you have to sacrifice something to be able to something else. Oh and lightning rod raises it's sp attack when hit with electric type attacks.

-1 252 Atk Mega Sceptile Outrage vs. 0 HP/0 Def Mega Salamence: 102 - 120 (60 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpAtk Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP/0 SpDef Mega Salamence: 170 - 204 (100 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
rather poorly, base 110 attack compared to 145 sp attack so you have less damage, coverage is less optimal than special attacking one. Issues with 4 move syndrome where you have to sacrifice something to be able to something else. Oh and lightning rod raises it's sp attack when hit with electric type attacks.

-1 252 Atk Mega Sceptile Outrage vs. 0 HP/0 Def Mega Salamence: 102 - 120 (60 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpAtk Mega Sceptile Dragon Pulse vs. 0 HP/0 SpDef Mega Salamence: 170 - 204 (100 - 120%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Thanks. The numbers helped a lot

Hi! Do you still need a sassy tangela? I can breed you one! It also has the egg moves rage powder and leech seed :D
Yes i still need one and if possible a male tangela. I have a female with the egg moves i want but its not with the nature i want (sassy) .

I'm looking for an Adamant Arceus (31/31/31/x/31/31) or a Timid (shiny or not) Darkrai (31/x/31/31/31/31). PM me if you have, I have quite a few legends to offer, and also some 5 IV KB shinies.

How does a jolly meg sceptile w/ SD compare to a special attack based one?
252 Atk Mega Sceptile Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 132-156 (38.7 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 229-271 (67.1 - 79.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Mega Sceptile Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 262-309 (76.8 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Much the same way as SD Sceptile compares to special Sceptile: after a Swords Dance, it is in fact more powerful. However, until it actually gets a chance to use Swords Dance, its quite a bit weaker initially. Lightningrod boosts are a bit easier to nab in general, since things like Thundurus hardly ever think twice about clicking the "lol Prankster Dick Wave" button. Both have downsides, of course: Sceptile is scared shitless of T-Wave until it Megas, meaning it can't switch in to T-Waves until you get a clean switch to Mega. With SD, you need to come in on something that can't tickle you (keep in mind that Ice Beam/HP Ice/Ice Punch can be run on a TON of stuff), and set up on the switch out. +2 Low Kick can actually, you know, hit things, and is actually reasonable to 2HKO something like Mega Khan with (unlike Focus Blast). Also:

+2 252 Atk Mega Sceptile Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 442-522 (114.5 - 135.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 270-318 (69.9 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Have fun with those Focus Blast coinflips and predicting the switchin. I will be fair though:

+1 252 SpA Mega Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Heatran: 404-476 (104.6 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Not if you get an SD in on a previous mon or the switchin. Special Mega Sceptile is more reliable on a MegaMence KO, though, yes, as it needs no setup at all.

+1 252 Atk Mega Sceptile Outrage vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Salamence: 416-492 (125.6 - 148.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As for less optimal coverage, I feel like I'm missing something. All it misses is Ice and... I don't think Sceptile runs HP Ice (does it?).

Grass (Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, Solarbeam, Giga Drain | Leaf Blade)
Fighting (Focus Miss | Low Kick, Drain Punch, Focus Punch)
Dragon (Dragon Pulse | Dragon Claw, Dual Chop, Outrage)
Ground (HP Ground | Earthquake)
Rock (HP Rock | Rock Slide)
Ice (HP Ice | Nothing)
Electric (HP Electric | Thunderpunch)

tl;dr:
Physical sucks without a hard to obtain SD boost, but hits pretty hard after it with accurate coverage and no negative side effects, with a decent array of coverage moves to pick from alongside its STABs - but loses a move slot to Swords Dance. Special is more reliable, thanks to not being total shit without a boost, doesn't lose a moveslot to Lightningrod, and can bait Electric moves for a free boost - but only after it gets a free Mega turn. It also relies on Leaf Storm to do any real damage thanks to the shit power of Giga Drain and Dragon Pulse, so its going to switch out a lot and lose LR boosts doing so. Also, Focus Blast is shit, the actual odds of 2HKOing something like Ferrothorn or Heatran will kill you more often than not and its not like it has anything except a second Grass move or Hidden Power if you opt out of Focus Blast. Discharge shenanigans could be funny in doubles, but Sceptile's pretty easy to kill. Also, Talonflame.

So imo, it's a "Pick your poison, can't really go too wrong either way". SD sweeps in the right conditions, Special does hit and run a hell of a lot better and is a better revenge killer, but doesn't have the same long-term damage potential because Leaf Storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)