Simple Questions, Simple Answers thread (FAQ in first post, read before posting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any tips for completing the Pokedex? I've got all the Legendaries already but was wondering how I can quickly get the rest.
If you just want temp trades to complete your dex, try asking in the wifi section for help, finished my Hoenn dex in about five minutes thanks to people there.

If you want to get a full living dex, you should try to catch and breed as many as you can yourself, and trade for anything that you find more difficult.

i bred a 5 perfect iv Eevee that had its hidden abilitiy, anticipation. when i evolved to sylveon it has cute charm. got an ability capsule and it didnt change it either. wtf

i bred a 5 perfect iv Eevee that had its hidden abilitiy, anticipation. when i evolved to sylveon it has cute charm. got an ability capsule and it didnt change it either. wtf
Then it probably had Adaptability and you only thought it had Anticipation. And it's widely known that Ability Capsules only change between a selected Pokemon's normal abilities, not to or from its hidden ability. (which doesn't work with any of the Eeveelutions other than Eevee itself because they only have one normal ability and their hidden ability)

Hello:

I am in the process of RNG'ing my Thundurus in pokemon white. I cant decide between 31/0/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 68) Timid, or 31/2/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 70). Regardless of which one I choose, if one of these Thundurus is sent to ORAS through Poke Bank it will have HP Ice 60 regardless of which spread I choose, correct?

Hello:

I am in the process of RNG'ing my Thundurus in pokemon white. I cant decide between 31/0/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 68) Timid, or 31/2/30/31/31/31 (HP Ice 70). Regardless of which one I choose, if one of these Thundurus is sent to ORAS through Poke Bank it will have HP Ice 60 regardless of which spread I choose, correct?
Yes. Gen 6 Hidden Power is 60 base power regardless of the actual IV spread.

What are the best places to plant lots of berries besides the garden next to the Berry Master's house?
That's pretty much it. The Berry Master's garden offers four spots with space for up to six berries each, while most others offer just four spaces at most. If you're dead set against using the Berry Master's garden, just use wherever you happen to travel a lot in the game. (Route 117 may work the best, being close to Mauville and Verdanturf. Route 104 works too.) But I'm pretty sure you can Fly directly to wherever you have berries planted.

I'm trying to breed a torchic@speed boost with baton pass. I've got a male torchic with speed boost, and a female blaziken@blaze with baton pass.
Am I over looking something simple, because they all come out with blaze?

I'm trying to breed a torchic@speed boost with baton pass. I've got a male torchic with speed boost, and a female blaziken@blaze with baton pass.
Am I over looking something simple, because they all come out with blaze?
Males only pass their hidden ability when bred with a Ditto. If you breed a HA male with a non-HA female, you will never get HA offspring.

Since both male and female parents can pass EMs this gen, you can just breed your male Torchic with a Ditto to pass down both egg move and hidden ability.

I'm guessing my solution would be to get a HA female and an egg move male correct?
2nd edit: thanks wide tomato that's what I thought

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm guessing my solution would be to get a HA female and an egg move male correct?
Get the Male with Speed Boost that you have and put it in the Daycare with a Ditto. There are several Ditto giveaways going on if you don't have one (here and here), and you can just keep replacing the Torchic with better ones that you hatch until you get the 5iv flawless that you want

I am RNG'ing a Suicune in Soul Silver, but I need help deciding on a spread. I've narrowed it down to a few potential ones:

30/0/30/31/31/30 HP Electric Bold

31/1/30/30/31/31 HP Grass Bold

31/0/31/30/30/31 HP Ground Bold

The RNG forbids 31/0/31/31/31/31 with a Bold nature :( Since I have to take at least a couple 30's, I figured I might as well get a decent Hidden Power, however I still can't decide.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am RNG'ing a Suicune in Soul Silver, but I need help deciding on a spread. I've narrowed it down to a few potential ones:

30/0/30/31/31/30 HP Electric Bold

31/1/30/30/31/31 HP Grass Bold

31/0/31/30/30/31 HP Ground Bold

The RNG forbids 31/0/31/31/31/31 with a Bold nature :( Since I have to take at least a couple 30's, I figured I might as well get a decent Hidden Power, however I still can't decide.
The Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (aka ORAS) Simple Questions thread is not the place to ask this. You should instead try the Wi-Fi forum's Simple Questions thread.

As for your question, Hidden Power Grass is probably the most useful since it hits opposing Water (+ Ground) types for great damage, especially the ones with Storm Drain / Water Absorb. Hidden Power Electric can also be used to hit Water types (namely Gyarados) as well, but loses the ability to hit the ones with a secondary Ground typing.

If you aren't so fussy about the 0 attack IV, I'm sure there are several 31/x/31/31/31/31 bold spreads which you could use instead

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Can someone explain to me (Or show me a link for this) How RNGing Legends works?
As I explained in the post directly before yours, this is not the thread to ask about RNGing. You can not RNG in generation 6, let alone ORAS, so go and look in the Wi-Fi section. Here is the onsite guide for RNGing incase you're interested, but if you want your Legendaries to have the blue pentagon (and thus be legal for Battle Spot / VGC) then check out the link Shadow Man sent you

I'm trying to get the Destiny Knot from Young Couple Hal & Lois, but it is taking forever for a rematch to occur. How can I have it to cause rematches to occur more frequently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)