Official Smogon Tournament XI - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity Win Request
Me And BLINGAS scheduled for today around 8pm GMT+1, but he missed that time. I waited for around an hour but he didn't appear.
I'd be more than happy to play tomorrow if he wants to, just because i hate winning without playing.

Activity win request

After my opponent missed our last scheduled time we agreed to play today but other than him messaging me again while I wasn't on (understandably given it was at like 5am, a time which I've told him numerous times I can't play) he hasn't been on and it's already past the range I suggested we play so it's likely not going to get done at this point. Given my opponent's unwillingness to schedule a time he can play and the fact that he avoided playing me last time this is the only option I have at this point.

Activity win request

Contacted my opponent but he didn't reply for a while, then we scheduled but he left after game 2 so we were going to meet half an hour ago from now but i haven't seen him. If he doesn't show up for g3 i should win, he was also 45 minutes late for games 1 and 2.

Edit: see post #257 for more activity details and my opponents profile. Im trying to play from mobile because my computer isnt working and this guy just hasn't come and i am very busy today but we had very few options because he didn't respond for a while.

Last edited:
I would like to receive a time extension, or just simply an activity win. My opponent (darkdiglett) posted in the thread about why he deserves it, but that's really not what has happened. I couldn't make a match that I said I would go to (something urgent/private came up) and then he got mad saying I "ruined his weekend" by making him wait for 3 hours even though that was kind of ridiculous of him to wait that long after it was obvious I would no show. Then, everyday of this week (I said weekdays were better for me) I've been waiting online at the time that he supposedly gets of work (1-2 AM) to see if I can meet him online, but he never comes on until 3 am my time which should be self-explanatory why I can't really do that. Lastly, I had him in my contact one of the first few days and we were both online, but, he had to "toss a few squads up first" (don't speak aussie) and he just idled on showdown for about another 30 min. I don't believe he deserves the win just because I had to bail once, as he's bailed multiple times himself.

Activity Win Request

My opponent never gave me his timezone, and gave me one time to play and generally has been terrible at responding to VMs. The one time he did suggest he could play, he wanted to play immediately. I responded 5 minutes later trying to ask him to get on smogtours so we could play. After this I then pm'd him on Showdown and got no response at all. So to sum it up he has had terrible availability and made very little effort with community and extreme inactivity in general.

Activity win request:

We both missed the time we tried to play at (me because I screwed up my timezones and him because he was studying) that's all fine and dandy but after that we missed each other for a few days then he just disappeared and hasn't responded to the vm for awhile. Sorry I have to do this but I have to at least attempt to win :pirate:

McMeghan

Dreamcatcher
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the 5th Smogon Classic Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 14 Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Big Chungus Winner
I have looked through every matchup and either coin flipped (for matches where nobody requested an activity win, or neither player made a strong enough case for their activity in their activity win request) or awarded activity wins (only for players who explicitly requested them).

Activity Wins:

Brophlosion vs DetroitLolcat
badabing vs Starmaster
asterat vs BlackBloodz
LighTz911 vs Shamki
Lowgock vs BRIGHT LIGHTS
reiku vs whitesox
FlamingVictini vs CTAHEAHaAEAHEahe
Hot N Cold vs iZocker
KratosMana vs kael
C and E vs Typhlito
-bat vs xtra$hine
Angelin vs dEnisSsS
Toxzn vs Togevoir
Holiano vs Puralux
kokoloko vs lily
Kyuss vs SoulWind
davidness vs Enguarde
paradox.ans vs Raseri
-Tsunami- vs RyuKai
husk vs GGamer
Livio vs Moony
Misugi vs Mysteria
d0nut vs Mr. Mendes
Sovahkiin vs Branflakes325
BLINGAS vs Asterya

Coinflips:

ben gay vs sugarhigh
[02:09] <03McMeghan> !lavoscalc ben gay vs sugarhigh
[02:09] <ium2> ben gay lost due to an approx. 66.67% chance of getting a good damage roll, despite playing a perfect early game.
[02:09] <ium2> chance that ben gay could have won: 9.5949355125%.
[02:09] <ium2> team matchup was pretty even and it really came down to the wire. gg.

Deckline vs dekzeh
[02:10] <03McMeghan> !lavoscalc deckline vs dekzeh
[02:10] <Jirachee> yah
[02:10] <ium2> dekzeh lost because the opponent had an easy matchup and got a crit to seal the deal.
[02:10] <ium2> chance that dekzeh could have won: 44.4204067707%.
[02:10] <ium2> needless to say, gg.

Mike Fenix vs Sinclair
[02:11] <03McMeghan> !lavoscalc Mike Fenix vs Sinclair
[02:11] <ium2> Sinclair lost because the opponent had a very strong team, even achieving a scenario in which it had a 20% chance to beat him!
[02:11] <ium2> chance that Sinclair could have won: 13.6187423706%.
[02:11] <ium2> needless to say, gg.

Dark_380 vs Lyconik
[02:12] <03McMeghan> !lavoscalc Dark_380 vs Lyconik
[02:12] <Evuelf> got haxxed
[02:12] <ium2> Dark_380 lost because the opponent had an easy matchup and got a crit to seal the deal.
[02:12] <ium2> chance that Dark_380 could have won: 88.4382820606%.
[02:12] <ium2> guess I'm king of the losers, gg.

HSA ♥ vs Terraquaza
[02:12] <03McMeghan> !lavoscalc hsa vs terraquaza
[02:12] <ium2> hsa lost to an approx. 33% chance that he could have gotten the roll wanted, but it didn't happen.
[02:12] <ium2> chance that hsa could have won: 89.9721973419%.
[02:12] <ium2> we can theorycraft all day, but it wont change the result.

Ranger Dave vs Hinamaru Pines
[02:13] <03McMeghan> !lavoscalc Ranger Dave vs Hinamaru Pines
[02:13] <ium2> Hinamaru Pines lost due to an approx. 66.67% chance of getting a good damage roll, despite playing a perfect early game.
[02:13] <ium2> chance that Hinamaru Pines could have won: 24.9390039920%.
[02:13] <ium2> fuck this shitty game, "gg."

Zephir vs RiCH HOMiE CA$ED
[02:16] <03McMeghan> !lavoscalc Zephir vs Cased
[02:16] <ium2> Cased lost because the opponent had a 6.25% chance to win and got it.
[02:16] <ium2> chance that Cased could have won: 15.5990475654%.
[02:16] <ium2> gg though.

Darkdiglett vs z0mOG
[02:19] <03McMeghan> !lavoscalc DarkDiglett vs z0mog
[02:19] <ium2> DarkDiglett lost because the opponent had a 6.25% chance to win and got it.
[02:19] <ium2> chance that DarkDiglett could have won: 68.6343310356%.
[02:19] <ium2> guess pokemon is more important than friendship, gg.

Round 3 will be up shortly.

Note: Also, I assume some people will be curious about why I made a certain decision about their match so feel free to PM me on the forums or on IRC and I will respond when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)