ORAS Ubers EAZY

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME

Wagwan boys and girls BLUFF GOD OLI PROBS here bringing you an ORAS RMT which I used vs Edgar (http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-35891) in W5 of SPL. The team itself is the crux of how using the most broken things within ORAS (Mega-Salamance/Groudon/Arceus/Kyorge) can be put together and properly synergized to create a near perfect team on both paper and practical use. The reason I’m writing this is to try and improve the recent influx of the ORAS RMT’s which have been provided as of recent by going as in-depth around the focus of team-building as I can.

The main thought process when going into building this team which I wanted to implement around it being an initial counter team/style for my SPL opponent was that it would cover and have every single advantage over any style in-which it could possibly be put against during the match. There's no ladder peaks in which can back up the dominance of the team as the ladders not something which interests me anymore but you can take it from me theoretically speaking and including practice games this team is a very well built squad which has very few weaknesses. The main goal of this team is to keep offensive pressure high while breaking down switchins/walls on the opponents team for an endgame sweep with either of my sweepers in Mega-Salamance and Arceus-Normal.

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS -

To start off with I wanted to build around Tyranitar and Excadrill, the use of Excadrill as a fast and threatening pokemon within ORAS has been something which i had yet to build a team I’ve been comfortable with since the tier started. Tyranitar is here mainly for supporting Excadrill in giving it the speed it needs to perform the rolls in which makes it useful for this team, being my main pivort and most expendable Pokemon on the team. Excradrill works really well in ORAS Ubers its typing is really nice and threatens so many of the most common things.

Primal Kyorge is a beast the thing has limited switch ins and is a power house, also works very well in taking hits with the more defensive set I’ve used on this team. The idealism I had in wanting to abuse Kyroge as much as possible by wanting to trap the most common switch ins for Kyorge like Lati with Tyranitar. Alongside this Drill threatens out Primal Groudons which are another good switch in for these type of Primal kyorge.

Looking at the team with the 3 i currently had I had a glaring weakness to ground type attacks, so I noticed I needed a bulky pivot for Primal Groudon. Mega-Salamance is far beyond broken for ORAS Ubers and many teams struggle with it so why not use it. The set in which I used for this Pokemon enables me to effectivly threaten out and beat the majoirty of Primal Groudon sets (Bulky refresh dance). This also gives my team a prolific stall-breaker which was also a nice addition. Also pairs nicely with Excadrill as this set is mono attacking so steel types which wall this are threatened out and dealt with by Excadrill.

Scanning through the team once again i had a glaring weakness to Primal Kyorge as it takes a hit from everything and just kills 3/4 Pokemon i currently have with one move. Primal Groudon was a perfect fit for this role as with its new ability Desolate Land which absorbs the water moves which makes it a beyond good enough Kyorge switch in. I also wanted to use a set which would threaten teams by giving me offensive momentum by opening up wholes for my sweeper Mega-Salamance, i tried and tested different sets including SD but i decided on using 3 attacks rock polish sweeper which meant on more offensive teams i have less chance of being walled and forced out. Once again this Pokemon pairs well with the end-game Mega-Salamance sweep plan.

Last spot of the team and noticing i don’t have an Arcues type it would be rude not to use the God and by far most deadly sweeper in the game which is none other than Arceus-Normal. The glaring oportunity in which using this Pokemon presented more roles in which the team needed covered and that it did very well, giving the team; Another Sweeper this being a more late game sweeper similar to Mega-Salamances role, More options for vs offensive teams and a overly strong priority option.

———

I may overlap on what I’ve said about the within the building process but the main reason I bring this RMT to you is to go in-depth about how each Pokemon within this team has a designated roll and how so. Also its pretty self explanatory me being a tournament player these aren’t my real EV’s as i don’t wish to leak them, mine go a-lot more in depth for specific calcs but the ones I’m providing you guys are just as fine.

———

EVIL ENTITIES (Tyranitar) (F) @ Shuca Berry / Chople Berry
Shiny: Yes
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide

DINOSAUR - As I’ved explained this is my preferred use of Sand Stream, the rolls in which this fills for my team are not as vital as the other members of the team but it still has others uses in; Getting up Stealth Rocks, Thunder Waving support Arceus and Mega-Salamance (Which the Shuca Berry ensures so I don’t get outright swept), trapping Latias/os for Kyorge to put in work and providing itself as a Ho-oh switch in. Shuca Berry can be changed on this set but I’m paranoid about +1 Mega-Salamance on this team as it has the potential to set up on a few things so Shuca provides me a way of severely crippling it by bouncing back with a Rock Slide or Thunder Wave. Alongside trapping Latias/os Tyranitar can also act as a nice check to Gengar by pursuit trapping it. Its generally my go-to lead Pokemon vs things like Deox-S/A hyper offensive teams with sand breaking potential focus sashes, you can also change Shuca for Chople if you’re worried about fighting moves but I like switching around scouting in those situations. Also worth noting that this is often my go-to sleep fodder vs Darkari teams.

EV's:
I split the EVs for this set right down the middle to provide better bulk on both sides of the spectrum, the nature itself is so that I can.

MOVES:
Stealth Rock - Stealth Rocks are used to pressure opponent switch ins and limit Pokemon freely switching around.
Thunder Wave - Cripple things which are faster and more support orientated and last resort Mex strategy Pokemon.
Pursuit - To trap Latias/os and Gengar and to pick off things threatened out by Tyranitar.
Rock Slide - To help my team vs flying types mainly, as I’ve mentioned to do solid damage to both Ho-Oh and Mega-Salamance.

DR ATMORE (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin

MOLE - My reliable go to revenge killer for faster Pokemon against this team, I also like leading this thing vs potential Primal Groudon leads as players normally predict you to lead with Tyranitar or something. This is my main go-to way deadling with Xerneas, even thought my Primal Groudon takes a hit when they are +2 I just prefer having to deal with them this way conserving Primal Groudon for later. Excadrill is also my only way to deal with hazards works nicely as its normally pressures teams well as very little things stop it from Rapid Spinning due to majority of ghost types being scared of hitting with a power move. Excadrill works nicely with Kyorge as I mentioned it can deal with Primal Groudons and leave room for Kyorge to do work, also I’ve already mentioned pairs well with Mega-Salamance as it plows through steel types and Arceus forms Electric and Rock which tend to wall Mega-Salamance.

EV's:
I like to run Jolly Excadrill on this team as I don’t like dealing with random speed crept Xerneas just for 550 Excadrill's which pop up every once in a while.

MOVES:
Iron Head - Powerful stab which is normally used to gain damage on Giratina-O and do super effective damage vs Fairy types.
Rock Slide - Mainly used to deal with Ho-Oh as normally these run Swords Dance so can be unexpected at times, also used for Mega-Salamance.
Earthquake - Strong ground stab which hits very hard and helps Mega-Salamance very well in removing the majority of its checks.
Rapid Spin - Used to remove hazards from my side of the field so I can switch in and out freely without worrying about unnecessary damage.

DONT GET LEMON (Salamence) (M) @ Salamencite
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
- Refresh
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Roost
DRAGON - I absolutely love this thing its so good within ORAS Ubers and I would say the main crux for this team as it has so many important roles. The main roll for Mega-Salamance was to be my Primal Groudon switch in which it does very well roosting off damage even refreshes if they decide to Thunder Wave and just generally takes hits like a champ, you can decide to run a bulkier set if you’re still worried about Primal Groudon. This is my 1st go-to sweeper for this team as any bulkier teams lacking random Ice Moves just generally get swept by Mega-Salamance due to outstanding stats this thing wields. The way I normally play Mega-Salamence is set it up mid game-ish to break through teams and once it dies Arceus-Normal normally just picks off the rest of the teams fine.

EV's:
I’m not going to reveal my Bulky Mega-Salamance set but this set does just fine, you can adjust by taking off attack ev’s or making the thing slow by dumping more ev’s in hp but its really personal preference.

MOVES:
Refresh - Clears Mega-Salamence of any status which is the main way bulkier teams deal with this thing as its so threatening, this move pretty much makes this thing unbeatable vs bulkier teams if they aren’t prepared
Dragon Dance - Set up move for Mega-Salamence which gains its speed and attack by one stage making it a threatening Pokemon.
Return - Strong stab which is the go-to attacking move for Mega-Salamence, you can change this for Double Edge to nuke things but i personally prefer durability on Mega-Salamence.
Roost - Recovery move and the main tool this thing has in beating Primal Groudons 1 vs 1 always nice to recover damage on a sweeper helping this thing stay around for longer.

SOULLESS (Kyogre) @ Blue Orb
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
IVs: 0 Atk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Rest

WHALE - Primal Kyorge has a nice roll within this team as Tyranitar/Excadrill/Primal Groudon compliment it well in dealing with the majoirty of this things ‘so called checks’. The set that I’m using is a defensive Calm Mind variant which takes Physical Hits well and often wins the Calm Mind wars in which are forced against it due to scald burns and resting off damage. This Pokemon is also my best way of dealing with Arceus Ground which can be threatening to this team.

EV’s:
The EV’s in which this Primal Kyorge has enables it to live verious hits which you wouldn’t expect like a Mega-Salamence +1 Return after rocks and revenge back with an Ice Beam and as I’ve said to generally take Physical Hits better. The speed creep in which I given Primal Kyorge outspeeds the majority of Ho-Oh sets which can be nice outspeeding at times.

MOVES:
Calm Mind - Set up move making this Pokemon evermore deadly and helping it pull its weight vs Pokemon who you need that extra power vs, also a nice pokemon to have vs stall which struggle to phase this thing.
Scald - Stab powerful water move boosted by the rain 1.5, very nice to catch random things with Scald burns in general player and also in Calm Mind wars.
Ice Beam - Helping me deal more damage wearing down Primal Groudons on the switch in and also a nice way of dealing super effective damage vs Grass types and Dragons wich can come in on this thing.
Rest - Allowing the Primal Kyorge to last longer within battle giving it more time to stick around and take hits this giving it durability.

HOLY GROUND (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Trait: Drought
EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd
- Rock Polish
- Precipice Blades
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

REPTILE - The single most stupid implement of ORAS appart from Mega-Rayquaza, Primal Groudon is one of the most well rounded and Pokemon and has a tremendous move pool to strengthen this claim (please ban). The fact that Primal-Groudon is actually a designated Primal Kyorge counter is beyond ridiculous the typing for this thing is near enough perfect for the Ubers tier also. The way Primal Groudon Works on this team it isn’t just the ‘Primal Kyorge counter’ its my main way of breaking through offensive teams which struggle so much just to kill this thing in one move and with its powerful offensive stats combined with this it can easily end up taking out a few Pokemon a game which leaves wholes for both my sweepers Mega-Salamence and Arceus-Normal to reek havoc.

EV’s:
With the removal of Stealth Rocks Primal Groudon lives a +2 Focus Blast 100% of the time from Xerneas, also by having this much HP investment hits are tanked better giving the set more of a chance to gain a Rock Polish to threaten more offensive teams.

MOVES:
Rock Polish - Turns this set into a deadly sweeper which is often very difficult to deal with vs frailer and faster teams.
Precipice Blades - Strong stab which is awesome to spam, once again like Excadrill helpes removing those steel types stopping Mega-Salamence from sweeping. You can change this to Earthquake but I prefer on a team like this having more power.
Fire Punch - Second strong stab and since the introduction of Primal Groudon being a Fire Type powered up by the sun it makes this move very spam-able indeed. Also my go-to stab if I don’t want to miss Precipice Blades.
Stone Edge - Gives me more damage output vs flying types, also and easy way to take out threatening Ho-Oh on the overside of the field. Using Stone Edge helps slim my chances of being walled by random Pokemon on faster paced teams also.

DIZZLE VIP (Arceus) @ Life Orb
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Shadow Claw
- Stone Edge

HORSE - Here we have it the overlord of all Pokemon the one Pokemon which has been top tier since DPP. On a team like this where i got nearly everything covered within 5 Pokemon theres really no reason for me to not use the best Sweeper within the game. As I’ve mentioned both Mega-Salamance and Arceus-Normal are such a deadly combo as one sets up mid game it just dents walls in the opponents teams clearing paths for the other partner in crime. Obviously my only priority on the team but needed in some situations. So remember children, clicking Swords Dance wins games.

EV’s:
Your everyday standard Arceus-Normal set. Few EV’s dumped into defence to assure Genesect doesn’t get a +1 in attack.

MOVES:
Swords Dance - My chosen set up move for Arceus-Normal because lets face it, you’d be silly to not waste the opportunity to use the deadliest sweeper in the game.
Extreme Speed - The priority for the team and the strong stab in-which Arceus-Normal wields.
Shadow Claw - Now, this move can be slashed with Earthquake it was more a preferred choice to use vs my SPL opponent but this helps me deal with Giratina-O and Arceus-Ghost forms easier which means I’m not forced out.
Stone Edge - So here it is the infamous Stone Edge Arceus-Normal this thigns a beast when people switch in Lugia/Salamence/Yveltal to easily sponge a Extreame-Speed they get blown back in return.

----

IMPORTABLE - If you're going to use this team be sure to drop me a like for all the effort and time that this RMT took, also if you've any questions be sure to post in the thread or message me directly.

EVILENTITIES (Tyranitar) (F) @ Shuca Berry

Trait: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP / 108 Def / 148 SDef

- Stealth Rock

- Thunder Wave

- Pursuit

- Rock Slide

DR ATMORE (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb

Trait: Sand Rush

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

- Iron Head

- Rock Slide

- Earthquake

- Rapid Spin

D GET LEMON (Salamence) (M) @ Salamencite

Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd

- Refresh

- Dragon Dance

- Return

- Roost

SOULLESS (Kyogre) @ Blue Orb

Trait: Drizzle

EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd

IVs: 0 Atk

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Calm Mind

- Scald

- Ice Beam

- Rest

HOLY GROUND (Groudon) @ Red Orb

Trait: Drought

EVs: 128 HP / 252 Atk / 128 Spd

- Rock Polish

- Precipice Blades

- Fire Punch

- Stone Edge

DIZZLE VIP (Arceus) @ Life Orb

Trait: Multitype

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

- Swords Dance

- Extreme Speed

- Shadow Claw

- Stone Edge

---

SHOUTOUTS -
'MA NIGGAS'

IDM FAM
Hack I generally forgotten how much you helped me with this team but I know you suggested Kyorge over Rayquaza, been sick building with you in SPL g you're a talented dude keep your head up fam!
Edgar CTC aim New Breed gr8astard Sinclair CrashinBoomBang Afro Smash Blim Rewer blunder Calloflochie -Tsunami- RiCH HOMiE CA$ED chimpact FAJI SkillinJah Lord Elyis mencemeat Stathakis Key Mizuhime BKC RiCH HOMiE CHRiS Jirachee McMeghan bro fist Navy Omfuga Ohmachi Soulgazer Tokyo Tom Dangerous Dragonflame997 Steve Angello Bloo - sorry if you've been missed out lmk

FALCONS KACAW
cba to tag you all but its been a fun SPL so far we've got this boys ;)

UBERS LOT
maybe one day boys, maybe one day..

H8ERZ

P.S MAKING YOUR POKEMON SHINY MAKES EM STRONGER

Last edited:
Hey PROBLEMS nice RMT, haven't seen anything so clean in while. Anyways, this team looks a lot like the one I used in my match vs aim in week 1 of SPL, the variation of the build is interesting to say the least.

I think the team has a lot of issues facing some of the biggest threats in the metagame though, I think offensive Kyogre is probably the most annoying pokemon to the team, you have no real switch-in although Primal Groudon is one I guess but it doesn't take Ice Beams for days nor your Kyogre likes eating up Thunders. Sand teams generally need something like Latias or a very solid Kyogre check so they don't have a tough matchup against it, so there's that.

Another thing that I find annoying is how weak this team is to Mega Salamence + Xerneas. Yes, you have Shuca Berry Tyranitar and Ice Beam Primal Kyogre I guess but the thing is, Xerneas can just come in, click Moonblast (without even having to set up) and profit from it. Your team has a nice method of checking Xerneas but it's not like it is forced to recklessly set up Geomancy, which means you're forced to go to either Groudon or Tyranitar, wearing down one of your Mega Salamence checks or your only Kyogre check.

Anyways, I'm not sure what to change on the team without making it really similar to mine so I think I'm just going to suggest a better EV spread for Primal Groudon: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SpD / 56 Spe, lives a +2 Focus Blast from Xerneas after Stealth Rock, which allows you to hit it with Precipice Blades or Fire Punch and revenge kill with Arceus.

Nice team, best of luck :]

use refresh arceus for a better cm arc ghost answer imo

i don't think there's a way to fix the mewtwo weak-- kyogre just bones ur team's momentum

primal groudon is balanced

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello PROBLEMS, this team is clearly very solid and I have seen it perform well in SPL too. As mentioned, this team does not particularly appreciate Xerneas and Primal Kyogre, so the only recommendation I have is for an even bulkier spread than the one Edgar suggested. 248 HP / 152 Atk / 52 SpD / 56 Spe allows Primal Groudon to live any hit from +2 Xerneas at 13/16 health, or after one Stealth Rock switchin as regular Groudon and a subsequent switchin as Primal Groudon. This also lets you use Primal Groudon as a Xerneas and Primal Kyogre switchin should you need to, as the full HP investment means it can take hits from them much more easily. Max HP also helps with taking priority hits should you have set up a Rock Polish.

Last edited:

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
Edgar - thank you, the bulkier primal groudon is an idea which i toyed with in the past but generally i feel by having 2 switch ins Kyorge and Groudon and even Salamence to a degree so mayb 3? Yeh fast thunder can be annoying but this team has the tools to play around it if you're smart about it. At the end of the day yeh you can give it thunder>rest and make the set faster but it personal preference. The way Xerneas sets up vs this team or freely spam moonblast isn't a problem because everything does over 50+ damage (Kyorge cm's on geo and can gain burn) or cripples it and I can have Excadrill lying in the back so yeh, just need to be smart adjusting your game plan with what you need left on your team! Also yeh Sand Builds will always have 4-5 same Pokemon as others but I feel the structure of this team is much different to yours in the fact this team has alot more offensive pressure and applys at more often then your bulkier variant of sand team.

Princess Bri - 'how to shit on someones hard work with a half assed 2 minute rate' - 'i don't think there's a way to fix the Mewtwo weak' well let me help you here 'fren' if you want to fix the mewtwo weakness of this team which i don't even feel is that much of a problem you simply change Arceus-Normal to Arceus-Ghost dude which is what I had on the original version, I can express that Arceus-Normal isn't manadatory for this team to work so Ghost can do fine. But Yeh obliviously not like Kyorge or Groudon can just switch in on it or anything, which i'm sure being the established and compitent player you are you'd have noticed if you tried xD. Kyorge can be a problem at times but look at how the team functions for a second on things it can freely come in on are Tyranitar and Groudon? Yeh, I'm forced to switch in those situations but the player I'm playing still needs to predict as i do have pivots to go into I just need to play carefully. I'm going to ignore the Primal Groudon comment because I stopped listening to anything you said months ago.

TDLR - I understand RMT's have floors or weaknesses but atleast be constructive instead of nitpicking without addressing anything properly like the other two comments because it just makes you look like a bitch. Have a nice day.

PISTOLERO - ey thanks for the rate, yeh i addressed what you said in Edgars reply but yeh its personal preference really I don't even consider that Primal-Groudon to be a solid 'Xerneas check' on this team as I mentioned its more last resort thing within the RMT. But the job of switching in on non boosting can be of use!

Last edited:

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
One thing I would like to suggest is running dragon claw over fire punch on Primal Groudon. The three types that fire punch hits that precipice blades doesnt are grass, bug and ice. For bug and ice you have stone edge anyway, and grass is almost unused in ubers outside of shaymin sky, who dies to stone edge, and ferrothorn. Dragon Claw would only hit two mons (unless you count reliably hitting rayquaza instead of using stone edge but w/e), but latias and latios are two common switch ins to primal groudon, and dragon claw can KO them with minimal damage (12% on latias and 6% on latios) before dragon claw can KO them after rocks, assuming they are running 212 HP. Also Fire Punch = 75*1.5*1.5 = 168.75, and Precipice Blades = 120*1.5= 180, so on neutral targets, precipice blades will be doing more anyway.

Other than that, I dont really have anything to suggest. Nice team.

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
PomMan - thanks for the rate, pretty sure i explained why I don't run Dragon Claw on that Primal-Groudon - If I didn't well, I've got Tyranitar to just trap Latias/os anyway so theres no point of me running the move for something the other members of the team deal with so this makes Stone Edge alot more useful. I can understand Giratina-O but I've got a safe switch in for those in the form of Kyorge :)

One potential change that i discussed with u is running a latias instead of ekiller on this team.I suggested cm originally but grass knot seems more efficient as it nails the slightly troublesome arc-ground also it takes off pressure from p don to check ogre and gives another p don switch in along with mega salamence. Hope i Helped! also nice team :).

Hey da boy, nice team you got here!

One thing I would consider for your team is Substitute on your Kyogre, tbh I think Rest is just a not really useful move to have considering you haven't an Aroma / Heal Bell user and a sleeping Kyogre is just a easy fodder for things like Xerneas, Salamence and Kyogre. Substitute lets still you avoid status somewhat and guess it can take off guard some more defensive buildings. Another option as Edgar pointed out is giving Thunder to Kyogre and making it faster but oh well I think it's all up of personal preference.

Really cool team again (triple weather is hot as fuk) and good luck in SPL! (hope u won't get as unlucky as in the last POCL we played together :[)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)