Bug Reports v2.0 (READ OP BEFORE POSTING!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem: Double Battle, Dedenne (Plus) partnered with Ampharos (Plus); Dedenne uses Parabolic Charge but it only hits Ampharos - none of the opposing team. Additionally, the Abilities Plus with Plus showed no visible boost; maybe the boost happened but there was no written indication that it had.
Operating system: Windows XP.

Problem: Double Battle, Dedenne (Plus) partnered with Ampharos (Plus); Dedenne uses Parabolic Charge but it only hits Ampharos - none of the opposing team. Additionally, the Abilities Plus with Plus showed no visible boost; maybe the boost happened but there was no written indication that it had.
Operating system: Windows XP.

There is no indication of the boost apart from when it hits. I've used it a few times trying out mega manectric and amphy. In the code for the client, you can see this on line 1994:

Code:
if (allyActive[i] && allyActive[i].position !== pokemon.position && !allyActive[i].fainted && allyActive[i].hasAbility(['minus', 'plus'])) {
return this.chainModify(1.5);
The "allyActive.hasAbility(['minus', 'plus']))" means that the active ally has to have plus or minus to activate, so should have got the boost.

Did you keep a replay of the battle vid?

There is no indication of the boost apart from when it hits. I've used it a few times trying out mega manectric and amphy. In the code for the client, you can see this on line 1994:

Code:
if (allyActive[i] && allyActive[i].position !== pokemon.position && !allyActive[i].fainted && allyActive[i].hasAbility(['minus', 'plus'])) {
return this.chainModify(1.5);
The "allyActive.hasAbility(['minus', 'plus']))" means that the active ally has to have plus or minus to activate, so should have got the boost.

Did you keep a replay of the battle vid?
Ah thank you for clearing that up, I thought that might be the case.

Unfortunately no, I didn't, as I don't use Showdown that much and am unfamiliar with many of its functions...

qtrx

cadaeic
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-213331476 In replays the Wonder Room HUD is bugged.

How eagerly is the client supposed to identify a Pokémon's ability? One case was when a Delphox obtained its opponent's item (an Assault Vest if I recall correctly). Then there was another time I was watching a battle which might have been AAA or Hackmons Challenge Cup; a Pokémon with Drizzle came on to the field but its ability was not identified; it later switched in while Delta Stream was in effect and its ability did then get identified by the client.
The ability is identified whenever it would be in the cartridge games.

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
Quash currently doesn't get affected by Magic Bounce. Which is pretty bad in Smog Dubs since Mega Diancie can get Quashed and it shouldn't.

I remember a year ago or so when I played Showdown, they had the Pokemon cries.
But as I returned recently, the cries are gone.
And no, it's not my fault. I checked my account's settings, and every audio is at max. I even tried maxing my PC's audio, but still no cries.
What happened to the cries?

Marty

Always more to find
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributor
Research Leader
Quash currently doesn't get affected by Magic Bounce. Which is pretty bad in Smog Dubs since Mega Diancie can get Quashed and it shouldn't.
Quash is not reflectable; its move flags are 0x0048 which is 1001000.
Code:
^^^^^^^
|||||||_contact
||||||_charge
|||||_recharge
||||_blocked by Protect
|||_reflectable
||_snatchable
|_usable by Mirror Move
It was the same in Gen 5 (72 is 48 in hex), so I'm not sure where you got the idea that it's reflectable.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that it's reflectable.
I would blame Bulbapedia. Veekun correctly says it's not bounceable. Bulbapedia cannot be trusted with details like that (even the thread first post says so), as the data could possibly not be extracted from the game.

Last edited:

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
I would blame Bulbapedia. Veekun correctly says it's not bounceable. Bulbapedia cannot be trusted with details like that (even the thread first post says so), as the data may not be extracted from the game.
Actually my buds in the doubles room told me. They were confident it was a bug. I'll let them know lol.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-213979422
According to Bulbapedia, "If the target has not yet used a move, Electrify makes the target's move Electric-type for that turn, even if it is a status move". Veekun offers no info about status moves.
In turn 1, I electrify Rotom-W which proceeds to Will-O-Wisp my Landorus-Therian. The move succeeds, despite the fact it's now an Electric type.
Status moves aren't affected by type matchups. Thunder Wave not affecting Ground types is hardcoded as a property of TWave. Sand Attack affects Flying types, Glare affects Ghost types.

When I put my mouse on top of the "LOOK FOR A BATTLE" button and the one that lets you change format, the colour of the button doesn't "darken" as it would normally to show that I can click on it, instead it remains the same and it doesn't let me click on it, so it doesnt let me battle, this problem has been going for a couple days now.

^I dont know if it is a bug or something, but since no one seems to know why it happens i'm guessing its the first.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will probably will not get noticed but i will try anyway. I have recently built a uu team a couple weeks ago. And ever since that day my teambuilder is messed up. When i try to make a new team and add pokemon it only keeps saying. "loading pokemon" I waited for an hour but nothing changed! I dont know if this is happening to any of you but i really need to know how to fix this! Please help!

I've already said thia, and someone said it was fixed, but it still a problem, there are set son Random battles that are really bad, gimmick or even useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 40)