2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say I enjoy the world cup matches more simply because of how less often they are on, but Champions League nights are still amazing and 3 out of the 4 years they are the best thing to look forward to. I would say arsenal should be up to an A ranking with dortmund and city should be A- with juventus based on first round match ups. Also thought PSG played better but Chelsea have a solid defense and somehow improved an already great keeper position. That being said the goal they scored was pretty lucky, but good instincts from the striker/right back ivanovic. How Cavani got all that space to score for PSG should be a little concerning but without taking some kind of advantage into the second leg, PSG should be out as well as Laurent Blanc's job. Shahktar getting a draw against bayern is pretty good but i doubt the second leg will hold anything positive for them

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Bullshit refereeing by Atkinson, Matic will now miss the games against Tottenham (League cup final), West Ham and Southampton. Matic never snaps but the reason he did tonight was because Barnes almost broke his leg and got away with it.

Last edited:
yeah that does seem pretty bad, glad to see my gunners picking up a win and jumping up to 3rd. Now if only liverpool can stay hot here, we will be sitting nicely

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
Matic got hurt in a bungled interception which was horribly timed. It's clear as day Barnes' leg was already in motion as he was passing the ball. It's okay to feel hurt, Football is still a contact sport, that reaction isn't acceptable at all, given that it was your bungle to begin with.
Stop sucking chelsea cock pls.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Matic got hurt in a bungled interception which was horribly timed. It's clear as day Barnes' leg was already in motion as he was passing the ball. It's okay to feel hurt, Football is still a contact sport, that reaction isn't acceptable at all, given that it was your bungle to begin with.
Stop sucking chelsea cock pls.
Matic deserved to be sent off for his reaction, no doubt about that but it wouldn't have come to that if the ref had just done his job and penalised Barnes for his recklessness. Hell, I've seen players being sent off for fouls similar to his first one. And this isn't just conjecture on my part, any one who's been following the Premier League will know how calm and composed Matic generally is.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
rofl the ref in this soton pool game has been amazing. 1 clear pen each way and mignolet should be sent off for a handball outside the box, and its still only halftime

shade

be sharp, say nowt
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
chelsea appealing matic's red card is hilarious. if you can stand in front of a committee and say matic didn't commit violent conduct then wow. hope he gets the extra game for a frivolous appeal, wouldn't that just add more fuel to mourinho's 'campaign' against him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)