DOU Official Doubles Winter Seasonal [Round 1] LINK YOUR REPLAYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPECIFIC RULES
  • This is a standard ORAS Doubles tournament
  • This tournament will be Double Elimination
  • All rounds will be Best of Three. You may switch teams in between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown!
  • To encourage the development of the metagame, and so that everyone is on an even playing field, all matches must have replays recorded. If neither player posts replays of the match, both players will suffer an automatic game loss. (If you were in losers' when you played, you are both out. If you were in winners', the winner is in losers' and the loser is out.)
  • Every round, I will choose a match (possibly two) as the Highlight Match. If your match is chosen as the highlight match, two of our commentary crew (myself, Lohgock, Arcticblast, Laga, BLOOD TOTEM) will be commentating your match through the SmogonU Twitch, and it will then be uploaded to Smogon's YouTube. I will contact both players by PM immediately in order to schedule a time. If either player wishes to not be streamed, they may opt out, but let me know quickly, so I can choose someone else to be the highlight match for the week.
  • Because of the nature of the prizes of this tournament, if you are found signing up under more than one alt, you will be banned from circuit events for life.
  • I'm going to be playing in this tournament, so in the interest of fairness, all activity calls will be made by a neutral TD. If you get an activity loss, do not bitch to me, maybe you should have put more effort into playing your damn match to avoid that contingency.
Standard Rules and Clauses
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same PokeDex number on his team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.
  • Uber Clause: Anything that appears on Smogon Doubles' banlist is banned. Because the dex page is outdated (i put in a pull request like three weeks ago but it hasn't been approved), this is the banlist for Smogon Doubles:

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. Everyone will have access to your replays from earlier rounds though.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

Round 1 Matchups (interesting matches in bold):

U-turn Out vs dramadrama
stunner047 vs Mack Bus
F-oh-ex vs SpaceBass
Zeldamon Master519 vs Cronenburg
Fer vs TheFourthChaser
GuglioM vs jacob
Lohgock vs Level 51
Aurious vs Recreant
Austin vs Ninety Nine
Robert. vs Lord Alphose
ApplepieFTW vs Tesung game 1
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-smogondoubles-37009]game 2
KyleCole vs Victorious B.I.G.
tape vs Pat Labor
LiberalLucario vs ShunGTX!!
aim vs chimpact - C O N T E N T
Thwack! vs Lunar.
atomicllamas vs Spitzkopf Larry
Lolk vs AceYoshi2014
Edwardo M vs Labor
TheKFC vs sebixxl
qsns vs Red vs Blue
BLOOD TOTEM vs kr8tor
Moony vs blinkie
shifty112 vs Divixel
Memoric vs D4RR3N
kr11y vs Tricking
Pwnemon vs silver97
srk1214 vs -Tsunami-
Isa vs radianthero156
pastelgameboy vs Croven
Shaian vs koolkranny
Picollo vs finally
Cnorth26 vs hard
u vs GiraGoomy
Terraquaza vs VirajVora
Meloetta<3 vs Haruno
Steve Angello vs Agammemnon
Kiyo vs Henry
Expulso vs kingmidas
aleuser vs Deoxys Speed
Rodrigues vs It Is Guest
TGMD vs soulgazer
qwerts vs Der Dreckige Dan
antemortem vs idiotfrommars
SOMALIA vs xtra$hine
trc vs Anttya
PDC vs OlekTheDon129
Krauersaut vs Princess Bri
BKC vs el poeta
SocialSocialSocial vs Improbable
Xyldaz vs Sinclair
Rams vs n1n1
LzrGunPewPew vs floppy
PomMan vs Gh0stride
Braverius vs TewMew
dEniSsSs vs 13ulbasaur
Contradanza vs byronthewellwell
Destiny Device vs JODY HiGHROLLER
SoulWind vs Hikari
s_aman vs Lady Gaga
galbia vs Quaggster
kamikaze17 vs thelley16
Royal Flush vs Sapientia
noname4505 vs Qazoo306
Laurel vs iliketrains11
Shurrik vs Final Demolition
Geotal vs Jefozz
Brophlosion vs blunder
Not Canadian vs John Bob
Darkmalice vs Babbytron
Infamy vs lasagne
shrop05 vs Nido-Rus
McMeghan vs Scotty3D
PROBLEMS vs Bouffalant
Asterya vs Philosophist
PoliLoco vs Roxer
INS vs H-C
Laga vs scorpdestroyer
Vinc2612 vs RiCH HOMiE CHRiS
Mix vs Mattyhanna
Kortex vs ElegyOfVGC
Cicada vs innovamania
Azumarill vs AuraRayquaza
We R DNA vs mael
Finchinator vs Level 56
reyscarface vs Anty
zdrup15 vs Mizuhime
pokebasket vs charmeleon123
FAJI vs ZANBAKUResh
Celeberty vs AngryShroomish
kurockstar15 vs Pinoy Pwnage
steelphoenix vs Stockings
xzern vs shyfire
SoulDragonite vs Rumor
Zubat vs Clefairy
Erick17 vs Joey's Raticate
AllAttack vs pyromaniac720

byes:
Flame Road
clius
King UU
Blarajan
The Unlucky One
During Summer
Quality Content
Fereydun
BLINGAS
Void
Dr Ciel
n00b
Regigigas-Primal
based n bad
makiri
rozykli
Hashtag
Luna Ra
Edgar
Leremyju
Wushl
Metaphysical
Lustiger Lega
youngjake93
scotti
GGamer
Electrolyte
Haunted Diamond
Alf'
Genesis7
-Clone-

HIGHLIGHT MATCH: Picollo vs finally

Scheduling Rules:

USE VM WALLS! If you really don't want to schedule via a VM conversation, then post in this thread to let me know that you are in contact with your opponent some other way. If you use VM walls, you do not need to post in this thread to let me know. (If you don't know how to access your opponent's VM wall, type their name in the search box
like shown). If neither player has established contact by the sub date, you will be at risk of a double sub. If one player has contacted and the other has not responded, he will be at risk of a sub. Unless you have clearly scheduled for a date shortly after the deadline (and cannot make a date before the deadline) you will be given an activity call instead of an extension. I'm not making the calls, so I can't promise what will or won't make you safe, but I know that activities which will up your chances are posting specific times on your opponent's wall, responding to their VMs promptly, and posting any IRC logs of you scheduling in this thread.

This round will end at 11:59 EST on Sunday, March 1st. I will make any substitutions starting at 11:59 EST on Wednesday, February 25th.

If you want to sub in, just post "in as sub" in this thread.

REMEMBER TO LINK YOUR REPLAYS
Contacted

Stratos

Banned deucer.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-smogondoubles-37008
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-smogondoubles-37009

why do we have to post em anyway its not like I'd snake tesung out of a win by saying the fight didnt happen or anything lol

anyway just for u pwn!
2 reasons. first is so that everyone is on an even plane when it comes to scouting. second is so that people don't hesitate to post sets in c&c and the doubles forum in order to keep them secret.

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
lost 2-1
tfw forgot drizzle on toed
although i deserve to lose for using both of my RMT teams lel

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
VMd Lohgock, looking forward to this fun match :)
also Stratos there is this weird user called Pwnemon whose name appears on the matchlist but who doesn't seem to exist, perhaps you might want to look into this matter?
also: can i suggest italicising the interesting matches instead of bolding them so it doesn't clash with the win/loss formatting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)