Other OU Teambuilding Competition V5 (Round 7: Voting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Def a fan of Teams 3 & 5 but I'm voting for Team 7

Also very cool that about half these teams used a trapper Heatran. BTW Team 1 has a Heatran with Flame Body... I'm assuming that's a mistake

I have a small nitpick for team 5. Try running some more speed evs for azelf and starmie. There's no point in running jolly if you don't run enough speed to outspeed common mons. (Awesome team though n_n)

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
DracoNinja is the winner with Team 5! Congrats!

This week, we'll go with a personal favorite of mine. Not the most creative, but definitely effective:

Gallade must hold its mega stone. Everything else is up to you.

Teambuilding ends Sunday night EST. good luck!

credit for the Gallade render gos to DJTHED. check out his stuff; its good.

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
bit late, but i was busy laddering to save metagross

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch
- Swords Dance

Bisharp (F) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 248 Atk / 16 SpD / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Psycho Cut

Crawdaunt (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet

Heatran (M) @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Solar Beam
- Taunt

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 132 HP / 160 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

I wanted to try RP Bisharp :] Gallade+Bisharp is a p neat core, but however both are honestly too slow vs offense and can't do much shit vs stall because of the presence of MSableye and numerous bulky waters and grounds. Most offense teams are p weak to Bisharp's knock off but usually overcome it by outrunning and killing it. By running RP Bisharp, this makes Bisharp a lot more potent threat vs offense as it no longer needs to rely on sucker punch to hit faster threats and can spam knock off. SD Gallade softens up physical walls such as Rotom-W and Landorus-T, giving Bisharp an easier time sweeping teams. As earlier mentioned, both are unable to get around MSableye stall, so a pokemon that can deal with that would be much appreciated. I wanted to deviate from the normal MGallade+Bisharp+Sylveon builds because I find them very boring and predictable to play against, hence I picked SD Crawdaunt+PHerb Heatran to deal with stall. SD Crawdaunt has amazing wallbreaking synergy with MGallade and Bisharp, weakening key dark-resists such as Keldeo. Power Herb Magma Storm Heatran lets me lure and ko bulky grounds and waters such as Quagsire, Suicune and Hippowdon, again taking away key threats for Bisharp's eventual sweep. Heatran also forces out MSableye, giving me a free opportunity to set up sr and pressure stall even more with chip damage. Next I saw I had a glaring weakness to strong special attackers such as Specs Keldeo, hence I chose AV Tornadus-T as my pivot to help mitigate that weakness. Tornadus-T also gets rid of fighting-types for Bisharp. Finally, I needed a revenge-killer, and I chose Explosion Scarf Landorus-T because I wanted to get rid of Rotom-W and it can also function as a lategame cleaner if Bisharp is unable to get the job done.

Looking at this week's core, Gallade + Bisharp, I saw that it just screams offense, so I figured why not build a HO power squad around it. HO without hazards is like Ash without Pikachu so Lead Skarm was swiftly added. With Custap Berry, Skarmory can set up at least 2 hazards after its brought down to Sturdy. Next up, I added Gengar not only because it has few switch-ins but also to spin block and form the [Hazards Stay] core with Bisharp.

As stronk as HO is, it gets completely stomped on by Mega Bunny. Or should I say 'hopped on'? huhuhuhu. TFlame and Thundurus also make HO click X. So to answer half these problems, the one n' only Rocky Helmet Chomp was added. Helmet Chomp isn't a standard HO 'mon; heck, I don't even think I've seen one on HO, but it does have its purpose. It may seem like an odd fit but Chomp is run because it 1v1's and weakens (if not takes out) M-Lop and TFlame, weakens Scizor --big threats to my team-- and pretty much wears down any physical attacker, bringing them in range of my Bisharp's Sucker Punch. It's basically the PB&J that holds my sandwich of a squad together.

Last but not least, I needed something for Thundurus as well as Mega Sableye and that 'mon was Specs 'No Switch-ins' Sylveon. This bunnycat kills everything in sight not named Heatran, which Sylv can just BP out on. Now let's put the squad under a telescope, shall we? Yes, telescope; the members of my squad are stars. No? Ok. So Bisharp is Swords Dance because hazards + SD Bisharp = click X. I do not run SD on Gallade; instead, I run Substitute just to Rustle Bisharps Jimmies a bit, ya feel me? No more mind games imo. Sub also let's me laugh at random status users like Amoonguss and Rotom-W. Skarm runs Taunt and Iron Head; the former to shut down slower hazard setters and the latter to destroy Mega Diancie.

Garchomp carries dual stab, and for its last moves, Toxic and Fire Blast is what I went for. They are to wear down pivots (think Lando-T, Rotom-W) and Steel types such as Scizor. Chomp's Dtail is really cool with the hazards Skarm lays, racking up big damudge on the opposition as it phazes them. Gengar is standard though it runs a special sum'n sum'n over Taunt and that is Icy Wind. I run it because I don't want to get walled by SDef Scor. It's also useful for catching scarf Ttar switch ins and teams whose best switch is scarf Lando-T. Sylveon's spread gives it a high chance to live +1 Mega Gyara's Waterfall incase Chomp dies early. Yep, this is the team: HO with a fat chomp.

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Naive Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Toxic

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Skarmory @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 244 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Baton Pass
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Ball

When I saw this core, my first impression was that I needed Stealth Rock, a bird check, and a ground resist. Defensive Landorus-T was the obvious pick. I gave it 108 Spe to outrun Tyranitar and Adamant Bisharp. This also forms a nice volt-turn core with AV Raikou for Bisharp and Gallade. Substitute Gallade was a set that I've always wanted to try, taking weaker hits e.g. Giga Drain from Amoonguss, and allowing you to hide from status from Rotom-W and Mega Sableye. Latias was added for Defog + HW support. Keldeo is the glue that holds everything together, as well as another Mega Sableye check. P.S. Dread Plate > Black Glasses because it has an extra line of description.

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Steadfast
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Substitute

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
EVs: 204 Atk / 52 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 24 HP / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

With gallade and bisharp losing to sableye instead of throwing on a fairy or another fighting and dark type that have sub+setup which would be pretty generic as standard it can get. Exploud came to my head as it wallbreaks for gall+sharp to set up and win. The core was strong from their but I needed a birdspam check and a way to put a timer on stall teams. Tentacruel is amazing to check mega slowbro and sableye incase exploud is gone but also switches into charizard y and gengar easily. Rocky helmet lets me buffer zard x and talon for it to be in sucker punch range but its a nitpick I mainly have it to bluff scarf vs lati. Overall its a pretty offensive team their is not much for a latios but thats what mainly drills this team not every mon can be perfect [AV raikou switches into rotom-w easier].

PORTGAS (Gallade) @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Ice Punch/Zen Headbutt

MARCO (Bisharp) @ Dread Plate
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance/ Low Kick
- Iron Head

RORONOA (Exploud) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Surf

SANJI (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 32 Def / 252 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

USOPP (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Acid Spray
- Scald
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

SMOKER (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Description:
The team starts from a basic concept of Fight Spam. With Mega Gallade that works synergistically with both Lucario that with Bisharp. The choice of Inner focus Bisharp as Lead is given to offering a chance of damage immediately lead opponents as Lopunny reducing the speed with "Low sweep".
The choice of Rotom implies a pivot capable of absorbing attacks talonflame or other Birds and Slowbro and the dual status is to paralyze Lati@s if other Pokemon fast incoming as well as facilitate the setup of 2 Wallbreaker after burn random to any physical attackers . It uses Voltswitch as the key to put pressure on the teams opponents.
Key team Gengar that eliminates the main Check Lucario and Gallade as Clefable Unaware and Slowbro and creates a pressure to the opponent team.
Finally Keldeo revengekiller scarf, rids me and puts pressure on threats as Landorus-T and Charizard X and attracts inside Latwins that cause me some mange.

Importable:
Gallade (M) @ Galladite
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Bisharp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Low Sweep

Lucario @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

This is a hyper offense team I made a while back, but its still perfectly viable today. I started off with the GalladeSharp core since they have really good offensive synergy, and worked from there. Lando T was chosen as my Rocks setter because i wanted to have at least one mon on the team that can check Talonflame reasonably well, which is why its not Earth Plate or something. Smack Down lures in Rotom and Skarm so I can EQ them to wear them down / force them out. Choice Scarf Keldeo was added as my Bisharp check, and I made it Scarf to check Lopunny, a huge threat to any HO team. HP Electric to hit Gyara. Latios was added because it checks Keldeo itself and provides Defog Support, which is necessary because I have Talonflame. Dual STABs + Roost was chosen to better check Keldeo, Lando I, and Thundy throughout the match. Finally, Talonflame was chosen because its a great cleaner after Gallade and Bisharp have done their jobs. It also wrecks offense, with its most notable targets being Keldeo, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Gallade. It can also check a Weakened Metagross, which is not hard to do because everything on my team has a way of dealing the 20% chip damage needed.

Voting Ends Friday. gl to all that entered! =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)