RMT Tourney #2: Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
This wasn't no ordinary match between myself and Starmei so CT felt inclined to give you some game analysis brought to you by myself on these legendary battles between CT's two lords themselves.

G1

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-213479094

Starmei, Mr. I Bring VenuTran against AM but let me get bopped by Choice Band Tyranitar versus AM, Mr. LuckyNBad I Think I Know What I'm Talking About, kicks us off with two average teams yielded by gods in our respective fields. We looked at our avatars, then looked at our names, and we knew it was about to get real. Starmie brought that nice Balance and I brought some legendary EBelt Rotom team that made me cry at first until I started grabbing momentum left and right. My goal was simple and clearly professional, keep on Volt Switching, U-Turning, and switching to exemplify my amazing skills. Turn 26 I learned in that moment that Diggersby is not a M-Metagross switch in and on Turn 28 the lord that is Ferrothorn was removed from the picture. Turn 30 once again shows us how amazing Pokemon is with nice low rolls on my end. In the end Diggersby + Thundurus would assert their dominance end game to net the win. Whip it real hard my friends.

G2

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-213484565

Game 2 I made the smart choice to bring Hyper Offense, a playstyle that allows for a monumental amount of breathing room, a skill intensive attitude, and has zero 50/50s involved what so ever. I obviously had the favorable matchup against Starmeis dual weather core which include both Charizard-Y and Sand Offense. Doubles were made, quality advice such as "i'm whipping it so hard right now" on Turn 10. Turn 16 is where Starmei establishes why he is truly a god by cleaning my entire team with Excadrill when I clearly had a team of sand offense answers. This was a very quality game.

G3

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-213487535

Walter White vs Gustavo Fring, Gohan vs Cell, StarmeiTheGod vs AM, all of these have one thing in common. They all come to an end, where game 3 was the deciding match to end our first of many battles to come in Round 1 of this tournament. We brought a pretty even matchup with myself bringing some Kyurem + Victini offense with M-Metagross + Keldeo on Starmeis end. I felt extremely pressured by the M-Metagross in the back so I took it upon myself to gain motivational speeches from good friend Exeggutor . She told me to just keep on doing what I do best and to take a page from some of the best. Examine the scenario, evaluate the risk vs reward, and then pick the worst option possible, as seen on Turn 21 where I really thought defensive Venusaur was breaking a boosted Clefable. Turn 22 Starmei simply outplayed me by paralyzing the Victini switch in real easy after crippling my M-Venusaur. I then proceeded to sack everything I had to combat this Torn-T like the leader that I am. I only won at the end cause of a low roll from the Knock Off from Torn-T to Lati and in the end Torn-t succumbed to Life Orb recoil.

Overall I had fun and would like to thank Starmei for the good games, albeit I got way too lucky for my own liking. I hope to face you more in tournaments friend n_n.

looks like we keep just missing each other, should be able to get it done soon though. activity

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
calling activity on my opponent. i vmed him on sunday and he still hasn't replied to me yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)