Doubles Community Create-a-Team (Fourth Member Submission)

Oops. Meant to post this in the morning. Oh well. Go ahead and submit new members to this team. I'll leave submissions open until Friday afternoon. Need an idea? Scroll up and look at some of the ideas previously posted and make a submission based off of one of those.

blinkie

¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ dank meme crew
Add a Gothitelle more cancer is always good also it traps and runs all over Amoonguss also can set up TR if you want to be that way
IMO if no TR go scarf probs to kill faster threats, if TR maybe goggles or sitrus
also the best part is if you have Scarf and then Trick it onto a mon that is encored by Liepard RIP

Jellicent @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Protect

Jellicent goes down semi tr path, beats fighting types, tran, talonflame to an extent, checks kangaskhan and other physical attackers. Checks amoonguss too. Chance to burn physcial attackers is tasty as well.

Kylecoles evs: survives Lo bisharp knock off 100% of time. Good goint kylecole

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion

Jellicent @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Protect

Jellicent goes down semi tr path, beats fighting types, tran, talonflame to an extent, checks kangaskhan and other physical attackers. Checks amoonguss too. Chance to burn physcial attackers is tasty as well.

Kylecoles evs: survives Lo bisharp knock off 100% of time. Good goint kylecole
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Jellicent: 439-517 (108.6 - 127.9%)
Considering SLOWBRO needs a def+ nature to take a Knock Off, there's no way in hell Jellicent's taking that. That spread does take a Sash Knock Off though.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
trick room is a miserable idea for a lot of reasons such as:

the fact that it means we have even more support pokes
the fact that loom and liepard are both fast and frail as fuck
the fact that the core is already amoonguss weak

You need a pokemon that can switch into fighting-types, Mega Kangaskhan and do fine vs Amoonguss. I offer you metagame innovation.

Landorus-Therian @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 184 HP / 236 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Super Power / U-Turn
- Protect / Knock Off

Stratos

Banned deucer.
ok, our third should definitely be able to handle diancie, zard, and gross, all of which our first two kind of sucks at dealing with. it should also have the offensive pressure to capitalize on the holes provided by our first two and make the opponent struggle. Im not sure a poke that does all these things exists, so we're going to have to try and make do. Maybe some sort of Mega Lucario or Mega Manectric. Neither can switch in very easily, but they can at least go to town once they're in.

or you know, we could have picked kyle's suggestion in the first place like sane people but youre all fucking stupid so.

ok, our third should definitely be able to handle diancie, zard, and gross, all of which our first two kind of sucks at dealing with. it should also have the offensive pressure to capitalize on the holes provided by our first two and make the opponent struggle. Im not sure a poke that does all these things exists, so we're going to have to try and make do. Maybe some sort of Mega Lucario or Mega Manectric. Neither can switch in very easily, but they can at least go to town once they're in.

or you know, we could have picked kyle's suggestion in the first place like sane people but youre all fucking stupid so.
Nowhere does it say no one cant propose sub gross again...

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Talonflame with Steel Wing does ok against all 3 and fits with the general cancer priority theme going on lol

Scarf excadrill works great at switching in and killing against gross and diancie, and can outspeed and kill charizard with rocks.

Drill Face (Excadrill) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Run
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Stratos

Banned deucer.
Scarf excadrill works great at switching in and killing against gross and diancie, and can outspeed and kill charizard with rocks.
yeah but it sucks at capitalizing on offensive pressure and is also a worse landorus unless u need to beat rotom-w. id rather have something that can switch moves so we can take advantage of the holes provided

I would open this to votes, but I'd like to get a few more submissions. I'll give it an hour or two so the talonflame / any other submissions have time to be submitted before voting starts.

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Probably gonna get some mixed feelings about this but I suggest Greninja as our third member

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Rock Slide/Ice Beam
- Protect
Greninja lets us check Metagross, Diancie, and Char Y and it benefits greatly from the support that liepard gives. It does make our team super weak to priority tho.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

Landorus-T was already suggested, I know, but I don't see any Landorus-T without a Scarf really being useful at all to the team. LieLoom itself leans towards a more offensive type of build; thus, choosing a glue like Scarf Lando early on will allow us to synergize more efficiently. It covers a lot of weaknesses without sacrificing momentum at all; easy switch in to MegaGross, Diancie, and MKang; also counters fast things that don't mind Liepard or Mach Punch by just outspeeding them. U-Turn helps for getting Liepard in safely to Encore without breaking the Sash and keeping up momentum.

Honestly Lando is a pretty easy pick here because everyone knows it already synergizes well with Breloom and just covers up a lot of holes. Put in a bulky Water later and we've got a good enough core to support pretty much any team anyone wants to make.

Not really that innovative but what do you expect I mean we're literally using Liepard

EDIT: don't worry about Amoong if Liepard has Taunt and we already have a temporary Spore switch in

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Foul Play
- Substitute

I stole this set of Roxer 's skill rmt as it almost perfectly fits this team's concept of cancer. It works well with breloom being able to swagger one poke as loom spores there other and it also checks almost every threat to the core by confusing them

e: i will stop
delete this post if you have to - nvm dont do that i got a like

Last edited:
Ok, we got enough submissions... But please stop submitting / voting for cancer. The novelty of a gimmicky team will wear off quickly and it'll be a waste of time to build a somewhat bad team. Lieloom is used for disruption to create an opening for an offensive sweeper to sweep. Please bold your vote and explain your justification. Ties will be broken by quantity and quality of the submitted reasons for a vote.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
i dont want to have to lock this thread before the second round of voting but jesus fuck i will

why do ps users have to remind me that they're complete cancer every time i try to give them a chance
Building on this I'm more than willing to infract for future joke submissions if need be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)