Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

So I've been having quite a bit of fun while testing new sets recently and i think some of them deserve a mention.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Earthquake / waterfall
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

Here's a set that I use in my new team and I must say, it is incredibly good. Speed boost basicly makes v-create into an overpowered close combat since you regain your speed every time, eq is for ff steels not named skarmory while waterfall hits rock types, Espeed is for priority (duh) and sword dance is to make this thingy into a killer.
I choose air lock instead of strong winds because it's less obvious. And could be usefull to remove rain.
Rayquaza is chosen over victini because this set's efficiency is really lowered if you don't have sd and Espeed is incredible against offense.

Here's a replay of the final of an inheritance tournament against Is this borken's stall team (If you fought it you know it's not even half bad) where you can
see blaziken putting in a lot of work.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-213526089

Also in that same replay there's a short appearance of this guy

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Trick

this guy makes a really good stallbreaking core with blaziken as no one really wants to tank a v-create and a choice specs future sight in one turn. It's also pretty good to hit thoses ff steels that might want to switch on blaziken thinking they can tank future sight.

252 SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Latios Psychic(120bp) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 390-462 (116.7 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Latios Psychic (120bp) vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 334-394 (104.7 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psychic (120bp) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 261-307 (64.6 - 75.9%)
252+ Atk Mega Blaziken V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 123-145 (30.4 - 35.8%)
So future sight + v-create will even kill suicune.

Unfortunatly I misplayed and so this guy died straight away (that probably made me lose too) and since this is the only replay i remembered to save i can't really show him in action as much as i want to but it's a really fun combo to play around with.

Last edited:
So I've been having quite a bit of fun while testing new sets recently and i think some of them deserve a mention.

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance

Here's a set that I use in my new team and I must say, it is incredibly good. Speed boost basicly makes v-create into an overpowered close combat since you regain your speed every time, eq is for ff steels not named skarmory, Espeed is for priority (duh) and sword dance is to make this thingy into a killer.
I choose air lock instead of strong winds because it's less obvious. And could be usefull to remove rain.
Rayquaza is chosen over victini because this set's efficiency is really lowered if you don't have sd and Espeed is incredible against offense.

Here's a replay of the final of an inheritance tournament against Is this borken's stall team (If you fought it you know it's not even half bad) where you can
see blaziken putting in a lot of work.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-213526089

Also in that same replay there's a short appearance of this guy

Latios @ Choice Specs
Ability: Tinted Lens
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Future Sight
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Trick

this guy makes a really good stallbreaking core with blaziken as no one really wants to tank a v-create and a choice specs future sight in one turn. It's also pretty good to hit thoses ff steels that might want to switch on blaziken thinking they can tank future sight.

252 SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Latios Psychic(120bp) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 390-462 (116.7 - 138.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Tinted Lens Latios Psychic (120bp) vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 334-394 (104.7 - 123.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Latios Psychic (120bp) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 261-307 (64.6 - 75.9%)
252+ Atk Mega Blaziken V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 123-145 (30.4 - 35.8%)
So future sight + v-create will even kill suicune.

Unfortunatly I misplayed and so this guy died straight away (that probably made me lose too) and since this is the only replay i remembered to save i can't really show him in action as much as i want to but it's a really fun combo to play around with.
Air lock also notably ignore primesea weather, where desolate winds doesn't (if a primesea user switches in) on prevo. However, air lock DOESN'T clear rain, heavy winds does.

Also notably is you can run surf coverage to bop rhydon/rhyhorn (pesky unawares), or on the victini set you can bop bulky waters with bolt strike (and you get u-turn on tini).

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Earthquake / waterfall
- ExtremeSpeed
- Swords Dance
I see you replaced protect. But yeah, this set is really good. The choice between EQ and Waterfall is basically whether you want to 2HKO Fur Coat Ferrothorn or if you'd rather hit Levitate Rhypherior.

I see you replaced protect. But yeah, this set is really good. The choice between EQ and Waterfall is basically whether you want to 2HKO Fur Coat Ferrothorn or if you'd rather hit Levitate Rhypherior.
Wait, Fur Coat Ferrothorn doesn't get 2HKOd by a V-Create?

252+ Atk Blaziken V-create vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Fur Coat Ferrothorn: 408-482 (115.9 - 136.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Pretty sure he meant Flash Fire. This is before Mega Evolving, even.

Just recently, a lot of people were complaining about how Sableye>Chansey was ruining the offensive metagame. There are decent counters to this set, including, but not limited to, Magic Bounce, Poison Heal (orb activated through free momentum or Protect,) Fire-types, Harvest + Lum Berry, Flash Fire, and Heal Bell support. Chansey's over-reliance on Eviolite and Metal Burst, as well as her lack of offensive presence is also a real letdown. Knock Off its item, get a Magic Bounce Pokemon, a Fire Type, etc etc etc! We have plenty of non-passive tools for the offensive archetype to abuse! Anyway, I'm not saying Chansey is bad, she's really, really good, but I personally think she's a tad bit overestimated.

For example, a simple defensive pivot like the following could easily give free momentum to Poison Heal Snorlax!:

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Dual Chop
- High Jump Kick / Drain Punch / Aura Sphere
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Rock Tomb

ps, I have used balance with good success in this metagame, so I'm not only speaking in a staller's point of view.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Just recently, a lot of people were complaining about how Sableye>Chansey was ruining the offensive metagame. There are decent counters to this set, including, but not limited to, Magic Bounce, Poison Heal (orb activated through free momentum or Protect,) Fire-types, Harvest + Lum Berry, Flash Fire, and Heal Bell support. Chansey's over-reliance on Eviolite and Metal Burst, as well as her lack of offensive presence is also a real letdown. Knock Off its item, get a Magic Bounce Pokemon, a Fire Type, etc etc etc! We have plenty of non-passive tools for the offensive archetype to abuse! Anyway, I'm not saying Chansey is bad, she's really, really good, but I personally think she's a tad bit overestimated.

For example, a simple defensive pivot like the following could easily give free momentum to Poison Heal Snorlax!:

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Dual Chop
- High Jump Kick / Drain Punch / Aura Sphere
- Rock Slide / Stone Edge / Rock Tomb

ps, I have used balance with good success in this metagame, so I'm not only speaking in a staller's point of view.
ive been using this(along with ph lax) on my one stall team, and tbh, its pretty amazing, personally, i run poison jab for the last moveslot, since the poison chance is nice.

well, mine runs attack so its not complete setup fodder (like...nothing bar draco even comes close to a 2hko) but i can see why spc def is nice, perhaps even running defense ev's could be nice too to tank a potential physical hit.

So an uncommon Landorus-T set I've been trying out

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Superpower

This set (inheriting from Trapinch) functions as a very good revenge killer for several very good sets. Empoleon (although if running physical defense its a 2HKO, prior damage shouldn't be too challenging), Diancie, Lucario, Non-Scarf Terrakion, Ttar, Non-Levitate Heatran and Magnezone, the list goes on and on. It especially helps that most people anticipate it to be a Aerilate or Gale Wings.

I'll be posting more sets i test soon (prepare for Mega Beedrill Inheriting Scolipede)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll share a cool set I've been using lately. It demolishes a lot of stallier teams if they don't carry a Levitate Steel-type with a STAB Steel-type Attack.

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Earth Power
- Moonlight

This is a really cool set Diancie can use. It inherits from Lunatone as it gets Moonblast, great coverage in Earth Power, a boosting move and a recovery move. As a bonus it also adds Levitate so that it can delay Mega Evolving to be able to set up on random Earthquakes and Earth Powers, which eventually turned out something that made this so great. The fact that it can delay Mega Evolution to set up, while having more bulk and an immunity is great. It has great bulk to set up with and its weaknesses aren't that common, though you have to watch out for Steel moves. After a CM or two it can even set up on SE (special) hits! Another great thing this gains is Moonlight, this allows it to continually wall stuff, pivot or set up as it's immune to getting worn down.

Against Stallier teams, or when you really need the speed and offense (Which is strangely usually against Hyper Offensive teams, unless you're setting up on a Ground type) you can Mega Evolve. Magic Bounce is great as Stall teams are usually not able to beat you easily, especially if they don't have a good Unaware user. In that case, it can set up on all over Stall, usually winning games on its own. Its great speed and nice power makes it do well against offense as well. Finally, it even resists Flying! This means Landorus Therian and other random Gale Wings Pokemon can't just KO it.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Adrian Marin, the main problem with Chansey is the issues regarding attacking it; metal burst is so utterly broken on it that you basically must status or ohko it, because otherwise you rely on damage rolls and prediction. If this was ubers based, i don't think we would have any problem, but this reliance on prediction to KO it for offensive teams is what makes it broken in the first place.

Adrian Marin, the main problem with Chansey is the issues regarding attacking it; metal burst is so utterly broken on it that you basically must status or ohko it, because otherwise you rely on damage rolls and prediction. If this was ubers based, i don't think we would have any problem, but this reliance on prediction to KO it for offensive teams is what makes it broken in the first place.
well technically you can just use counter blaze

xJownage

well technically you can just use counter blaze
yep slap a mega on every team to deal with a stallmon. lolk.

Overcentralization: If chansey HO is ever a thing, and really good, damn this needs to go. Chansey HO is amazing because chansey is no slouch with metal burst and wisp, and it basically switches into the entire special attacking meta and a good portion of the physical one. Literally, it switches sinto everything. And has anybody mentioned how much cancer confuse ray is in the 4th slot? Wisp / Burst / Recover / Ray is ridiculous as well.

yep slap a mega on every team to deal with a stallmon. lolk.

Overcentralization: If chansey HO is ever a thing, and really good, damn this needs to go. Chansey HO is amazing because chansey is no slouch with metal burst and wisp, and it basically switches into the entire special attacking meta and a good portion of the physical one. Literally, it switches sinto everything. And has anybody mentioned how much cancer confuse ray is in the 4th slot? Wisp / Burst / Recover / Ray is ridiculous as well.
I said nothing about a mega stone. counter simply has negative priority. though I still don't think chansey is not broken.

also it seems like ray has a trend of being cancer

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want to introduce you all to a (beta) council! I figured it'd be good as I'd be able to discuss some of the bans, without having to decide them all on my own, which would lead to biased results.

Congratulations yoman5, AnybodyAgrees and Lcass4919 to the council! I want one more member, so make sure to impress us the coming days! Five is way better to prevent ties.

That said, there are a LOT of calls for broken things. This includes certain abilities, Lando T, Archeops, unbanned Pokemon (Especially Blazikenite), Chansey and inheriting from Sableye. We'll slowly go through them in waves, but we'll also listen to the opinions in the thread. We'll announce a suspect around a week before we actually vote, so you can get some input.

This should speed up some stuff, especially suspecting.

I'll go ahead and throw out my opinions on the potential suspects:

Landorus-Therian: This thing definitely needs to go. I feel like the fact that we have to run Rhydon just to be able to beat it speaks completely for itself, but I'll elaborate. The main culprit making this thing broken is any variation of an Aerilate set just overwhelming just about any team. It hits ridiculously hard with anything it wants to go for and with the exception of the aforementioned Rhydon you just straight up can't do any better than checking it.

Archeops: Archeops really isn't the same scale of broken the other potential suspects are in my opinion, but as of now I have no real opinion. It is very fast and can pull of just about any set you give it, namely Aerilate, Rock Head, and Protean, but I'm not sure those are really ban worthy as its super susceptible to priority and Electric scarfers. I'd like to see other opinions though.

Chansey: Chansey is straight up and down stupid. Inherit from Sableye? Bring a bouncer or lose. Mew? You still lose even with a bouncer. It's way too bulky on both ends of the spectrum with the ability to burn whatever it wants like nothing, and is just straight up disgusting for this meta.

Inheriting from Sableye: My main problem with inheriting from Sableye is just how stupidly easy it is. If you have a bulky mon you can just instantly go 'OH YEAH SABLEYE' and its top tier. Priority recovery, dual status, set up, whatever you can dream of all in one. I feel like it's far far too spammable to stay.

Blazikenite: Blazikenite is another one thats just straight up stupid. Inherit from Victini Rayquaza and you essentially have the most spammable move in the world without the main consequence of using it (referring to V-create of course). It hits damn hard and can outspeed a large portion of the relevant metagame. Get this shit out.

Last edited:

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
I'll go ahead and throw out my opinions on the potential suspects:

Landorus-Therian: This thing definitely needs to go. I feel like the fact that we have to run Rhydon just to be able to beat it speaks completely for itself, but I'll elaborate. The main culprit making this thing broken is any variation of an Aerilate set just overwhelming just about any team. It hits ridiculously hard with anything it wants to go for and with the exception of the aforementioned Rhydon you just straight up can't do any better than checking it.

Archeops: Archeops really isn't the same scale of broken the other potential suspects are in my opinion, but as of now I have no real opinion. It is very fast and can pull of just about any set you give it, namely Aerilate, Rock Head, and Protean, but I'm not sure those are really ban worthy as its super susceptible to priority and Electric scarfers. I'd like to see other opinions though.

Chansey: Chansey is straight up and down stupid. Inherit from Sableye? Bring a bouncer or lose. Mew? You still lose even with a bouncer. It's way too bulky on both ends of the spectrum with the ability to burn whatever it wants like nothing, and is just straight up disgusting for this meta.

Inheriting from Sableye: My main problem with inheriting from Sableye is just how stupidly easy it is. If you have a bulky mon you can just instantly go 'OH YEAH SABLEYE' and its top tier. Priority recovery, dual status, set up, whatever you can dream of all in one. I feel like it's far far too spammable to stay.

Blazikenite: Blazikenite is another one thats just straight up stupid. Inherit from Victini and you essentially have the most spammable move in the world without the main consequence of using it (referring to V-create of course). It hits damn hard and can outspeed a large portion of the relevant metagame. Get this shit out.

Landorus-Therian:
i agree, landorus not only forces you to run rhydon, but it even has a way to LURE it with protean ice beam, putting it in a safe 2hko range. it can either sweep teams with beautiful power and coverage, sweep with beautiful priority brave bird (you dont even need stab on flare blitz) or even use protean to suprise its would-be-checks.

Archeops: you are severely undermining archeops. since it can do the exact same sets as landorus(the aerialate set isnt even that bad...i feel gale wings is way more centralizing), except its even faster at the cost of lack of minor bulk and loss in STAB earthquake, but it also can do more. its protean set is rediculously powerful, and its gale wings set forces you to switch into bulky tanks which it can just u-turn out. its worse that it even pairs up perfectly with therian to lure out and break one anothers counters for any set either decide to run.

Chansey: although chansey never really gave me problems, i can see the problem with it, being able to taunt, wisp, metal burst and recover, is bound to annoy stall and offense alike.

Inheriting from Sableye: mmm...complex ban...however it might be something worth considering-however, i highly doubt this will be a thing, enless its proven to be a serious problem (the main thing about chansey, is its rediculous hp stat ohkoing anything that hits it with metal burst, while still being at a safe amount of hp, other pokes barring bliss don't have that).

Blazikenite: i actually also agree :\ when i heard blaziken was unbanned i was like "yeah, i doubt it would be broken" then i heard blazikenite...and was just like...wut... its rediculously powerful with v-create, and basically turns it into a "close combat clone" with 180 base power, also gets a pre mega ability that blocks weather, swords dance, priority extremespeed, and good coverage with earthquake to boot. plus speed boost is ridiculous since if you don't v-create for a turn, it means you have infinite scarfed v-creates to throw around and has ways around opposing priority (extremespeed).

Inheriting from Sableye: mmm...complex ban...however it might be something worth considering-however, i highly doubt this will be a thing, enless its proven to be a serious problem (the main thing about chansey, is its rediculous hp stat ohkoing anything that hits it with metal burst, while still being at a safe amount of hp, other pokes barring bliss don't have that).
Just wanted to point out real quick that since we did this with inheriting from Shedinja and Smeargle, it isn't really a complex ban. The fundamentals of it make this ban make just as much sense as individual pokemon bans.

Also on your Archeops point, I wasn't really undermining it, it's more just lack of experience I was speaking from. I definitely see your points

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
Just wanted to point out real quick that since we did this with inheriting from Shedinja and Smeargle, it isn't really a complex ban. The fundamentals of it make this ban make just as much sense as individual pokemon bans.

Also on your Archeops point, I wasn't really undermining it, it's more just lack of experience I was speaking from. I definitely see your points
shedinja and smeargle was complex banned because otherwise the meta would just be "inherit smeargle and wonderguard spam" which is huge justification of the complex ban, simply that "its easy" doesn't really justify prank sable. especially when although good, isn't really broken or uncompetative in any way. again, chansey's main niche with sable, is that it can stop status, weaken physical attacks, and ohko most of the tier by just using metal burst. otherwise its just a good ability that can easily fit on teams-and that's about it.

however, with that said, i can understand that in this tier (like balanced hackmons) its not actually the pokemon, but the abilities said pokemon can inherit. so in a sense, we could just ban prankster altogether, which although will solve the problem, will really restrict the metagame and completely hinder plenty of inheritors that were otherwise decent at best.

xJownage

Landorus-Therian

I have been holding off on my argument against this for a long time now, but NO MORE I SAY. Landorus-Therian is so disgustingly broken it is absolutely ridiculous, to the point when last night when asked in the OM room for a special lant check/counter, the best we were able to come up with was primordial sea magnezone. Are you for real? Even if you counter that set, the myriad of other sets it runs well, from arena trap to aerilate to mold breaker, can easily break past said counters. Banded sets hit so outrageously hard its hard to teambuild because you have one counter per team. If that counter goes down, so does the team most of the time. It makes true HO unviable in that sense. How about the fact that there are basically zero reliable offensive checks to it (that can switch in on one or more moves)? Even shit like Zapdos is 2hkod by BB after rocks. Its banded set can also u-turn out of potential counters and possibly abuse trapping abilities to destroy its checks. Just that set alone is unreal enough to ban it, but the second set, DD aerilate, throws everything out of the water by destroying balanced teams without unaware given a single boost. It has the power of the banded set with more speed, actual coverage, and the ability to switch moves. Its not like its hard to boost, on that note. Even then, there are still more sets Lant can run, such as M-Ray sets, Mold breaker DD or band (parting shot), Arena Trap, or even PH. This thing has the versatility and centralization, coupled with extreme power and good bulk in such a combination that it is laughably broken and shouldve been banned a while ago. It also takes away from other mons that could be very good in its role, such as skarmory and other revenge killers (not using gale wings). Enough pissed off lant rant, moving on.

Archeops

There is a big time problem with archeops, it being it does the exact same thing lant does. If we ban Lant and let Archeops run free, it will immediately be replaced by archeops, which has superior speed, special attack, and to an extent, typing (not 4x weak to refrigerate) in exchange for some bulk. Archeops is even more versatile than Landorus-t, and you saw the large list of sets I put in my lant rant which only multiply with archeops. Add protean sets, tyrantrum sets (*cringes*), and all kinds of possible mixed sets and you have a truly broken mon on your hands. Its really that bad, and if you notice, Archeops runs natural gift many times better than Lant. This thing needs to go for the same reason as Lant, lest we do next to nothing besides make lant less bulky, faster, and make it weak to SR. As much as we may love having a meta where archeops isn't broken, unfortunately, its broken anyways and needs banning.

Chansey

Chansey needs to go merely due to its versatility. This would be a very borderline argument if Sableye was its only set, or the others weren't as good, but the fact that it can run next to any set you imagine makes it that much more broken. Sableye is centralizing enough, demanding use of a strong fighting type resistant to burns, knock off, or significant status. The problem with the Sableye set is its ability to switch in on and utterly wall almost everything in Inheritance, and any would be killers have to OHKO lest they get revenged by Metal burst, creating more 50/50s than Aegislash and then some. If I could find the replay I would, but I faced legitimate Chansey HO the other day and lost solely due to the presence of Chansey. I actually won the metal burst prediction battles 7 times but couldn't kill it, and eventually i lost by being hit with metal burst. Metal burst on any pokemon with that much HP basically gives it the offensive presence to OHKO anything, and the bulk, access to wisp, and recovery make it that hard to get past. On another note, anytime Chansey offense is really good, you know you have a problem. Chansey is broken enough with this set alone, but yet again, versatility throws it so far over the top its not even fair. Anybody mention Sableye-Mega sets, using the same moveset and magic bounce? What about Magic Guard? Hell, anything with wisp and recovery? The few counters it has on the Sableye set are completely wrecked by other supportive sets with the exception of blaziken, which can be beaten anyways. I don't think Chansey is healthy if we have zero switch-ins to a WALL.

Inheriting from Sableye

As suggested more than once before, Chansey inheriting from Sableye alone is broken. If Chansey goes, that same set is replaced by blissey, which has even more freedom with the item slot and possibly offensive presence on alternate sets. Blissey is no less broken on the same set, a slight loss of bulk doesn't change that. While Chansey is broken in almost all cases because of the near impossibility to 2hko it on the special side, Blissey's significant loss of bulk does not render it broken in other sets. Inheriting from Sableye is just ridiculous for any high HP wall, and while Chansey probably needed to go anyways, Sableye breaks almost all of such walls. The centralization provided by that movepool are just too much for this tier to handle.

Blaziken-Mega

While I do not believe that it is a truly broken mon to the level of lant or chansey, I do believe that it needs to go for the sole purpose of outclassing almost every other offensive mega. Not only that, but this is a mon thats absolutely impossible to wall. Every physical counter you can think of to it is either obliterated by a coverage move or smashed by a special attack off of an impressive base 130 special attack. To be honest, V-create doesn't make it broken, I am tempted to say that Mega Rayquaza makes it broken, which is becoming a bit of a trend lately. While it certainly isn't healthy even without Mega Ray around, it is so far enhanced by Mega Ray's movepool that it almost certainly necessitates a quickban, or at least, a true further suspect.

On another sepearte note, one I will not yet comment on - Do you guys think inheriting from Mega Ray is broken? Its a recent trend regarding mons such as mega blaze that it could be the culprit for some centralizing mons, so what do you guys think?

On another sepearte note, one I will not yet comment on - Do you guys think inheriting from Mega Ray is broken? Its a recent trend regarding mons such as mega blaze that it could be the culprit for some centralizing mons, so what do you guys think?

I really don't think inheriting from Mega Ray itself is broken. Obviously it's quite good, but no set with the exception of Blaziken-Mega is anywhere near broken. Really there's only a handful of things that even want to inherit it over other flying types, the main one I can think of being Gyarados.

On a side note: Tests!!!
I'm gonna do a lot of posting of sets I've tried out that just happened to work out just fyi.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 40 HP / 152 Atk / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Alright so this thing is a monster against bulky teams. Absolutely shatters stall. Blizzard is what you're gonna click 90% of the time, as it nukes a fair majority of the metagame. Ice Shard helps beat weakened threats an Landorus, although a lot of times it's gonna outprioritize you anyways. Earthquake nails Heatrans (matter of fact the attack EVs are there to OHKO SpDef variants) and other steels that want to try and switch in. Substitute is there to help block incoming status and further your ability to wallbreak. EVs are weird for reason: 40 HP get you to 401 HP, keeping subs from being broken by stoss or night shade. 152 attack kills Tran with EQ, 64 def does something I now can't remember (I wanna say lives a Lando EQ or something but idk)and the special attack completes its being a nuke.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-213792531

xJownage

I really don't think inheriting from Mega Ray itself is broken. Obviously it's quite good, but no set with the exception of Blaziken-Mega is anywhere near broken. Really there's only a handful of things that even want to inherit it over other flying types, the main one I can think of being Gyarados.

On a side note: Tests!!!
I'm gonna do a lot of posting of sets I've tried out that just happened to work out just fyi.

Kyurem @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 40 HP / 152 Atk / 64 Def / 252 SpA
Rash Nature
- Blizzard
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Substitute

Alright so this thing is a monster against bulky teams. Absolutely shatters stall. Blizzard is what you're gonna click 90% of the time, as it nukes a fair majority of the metagame. Ice Shard helps beat weakened threats an Landorus, although a lot of times it's gonna outprioritize you anyways. Earthquake nails Heatrans (matter of fact the attack EVs are there to OHKO SpDef variants) and other steels that want to try and switch in. Substitute is there to help block incoming status and further your ability to wallbreak. EVs are weird for reason: 40 HP get you to 401 HP, keeping subs from being broken by stoss or night shade. 152 attack kills Tran with EQ, 64 def does something I now can't remember (I wanna say lives a Lando EQ or something but idk)and the special attack completes its being a nuke.

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-213792531
good set, however I really think you should move those atk evs either into speed or HP, since every single heatran is running levitate and you aren't moldy. I would actually run a + speed nature with enough speed to outpace lando if i used this set, since as long as landos around you can never have to many landt RKers. Rash's power boost is nice but really unnecessary. Pretty creative set though, props on it. And yeah, it hits deceptively hard, even without a boosting item.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)