ORAS OU M-Altaria Balance:The ZardX of ORAS, Peaked 1700 (#100) on the Ladder

Yo guys,BlazingRed here with another RMT.ORAS brought about many new megas and the one that caught my eye was definitely Altaria.It got a great ability in Pixilate while also having decent stats,the fact that it can run Physical ,Special AND Mixed sets is really terrifying and the fact that nothing can reliably handle it at +1 is very scary,mirroring Aegislash's prowess imo.I tested this team against ArchPhantom and I won!Shout out to you bud!

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

The star of my team :] It does find limited opportunities to set up but when it does,gg fren.+1 Return OHKOs Landorus-T w/Scarf after Rocks and even at -1 or unboosted as well,Lati@s are wrecked while almost half of the meta is OHKOd by it,see why I call out it the ZardX of ORAS ;] EQ to deal with the likes of Heatran,Bisharp,M-Metagross,Raikou,etc.Roost takes advantage of its bulk and increases longevity.This is one of my Win Conditions.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic
- Taunt

Okay,Heatran is pretty much the best partner that M-Altaria can have.It resists Fairy and Steel moves while being immune to Poison type moves,Tran also completes my FDS Core while being the start of my FWG Core.Also pretty much deals with Magnezone and other Steel types that give M-Altaria trouble and stop it from sweeping.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Icy Wind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump

Alright,I saw that my team was pretty weak to Scarf Lando-T so I decided on Keldeo as my Revenge Killer.Before you'll go ahead and say I should be running Timid over Modest,hear me out.My team as a whole really struggles against M-Metagross so that's why I went for damage output over speed,since it is Scarfed and its primary purpose was to outspeed Lando-T anyway.Scald,Hydro Pump and Secret Sword are the STABs of choice,Scald giving me a decent chance to burn the oppo while Hydro Pump is for better damage output than Scald if required in certain situations.Secret Sword hits things like Ferro and Bisharp pretty hard often forcing them out and giving me many chances to double :]
Icy Wind is for Bulky Lando-T and Lati@s to an extent.This is my other win condition.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Thunderbolt

Apart from Heatran,BirdSpam especially M-Pinsir did give my team a lot of problems so I decided on Zapdos,its primary role is my defogger while tanking Physical hits pretty well.I also needed a Ground Immunity so I chose Zapdos.Thunderbolt and Heat Weave are the damaging moves I've chosen so that I can hit M-Pinsir, Talonflame and Azumarril while Heat Wave deals with Ferro and Bisharp.Roost is there to keep me in the running and recover from chip damage and increase longevity.

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Celebi was added to my team as a SpDef Wall as I thoroughly needed one.It also completed my FWG Core and does serve as a Win Condition in very few cases as I can NP on quite a number of things and then Baton Pass depending on how the situation is.I really like the idea of Baton Passing +2 to a Scarf Keldeo after I've gotten rid of all the threats to it and then sweeping past teams.Giga Drain is my STAB here dealing with the likes of ,Keldeo while also being a good check to Thundurus-I.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Is a very reliable Rocks Setter and helped me solve my problems against M-Loppuny and M-Metagross. EVs allow it to survive HP Ice from M-Manectric,Raikou and Thundurus while maximising bulk.

That's it guys,feedback is really appreciated and like I saso I'd appreciate suggestions[ I'll constantly update this with Replays and suggested sets,etc.

REPLAYS:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-206568015 vs ArchPhantom(First Battle with this team)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-210069693

IMPORTABLE:
Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon
- Toxic
- Taunt

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Recover

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind
- Toxic

Shout outs to Kacey Nu and Cypher Amir for helping me greatly with this team.

Disciple_1 Houndoomite scotti Nova Riahi helped me in working out the small kinks and details so thanks to you too guys!

Peak Proof:
I'm PBC Ishaan
I haven't looked over the comments from everyone else yet (beside the note of 2hko from focus blast mega garde on heatran which is indeed a very real threat.)

Anyway, the first thing I noticed was that your Celibi seems to be focused around being a cleric/support pokemon. You'd probably be better off devoting it to a truly dedicated support pokemon.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed/Toxic
- U-Turn
- Heal Bell
- Recover

Yes, losing the ability to pass on a +2/4 can be a downer, but this way you're able to give dedicated support and residual healing to your team while still keeping the ability to safely switch out. (Plus a little bit of free chip damage never hurts.)
Plus with heal bell if your primary Pokemon (like keldeo, hippowdown or Zapdos) is crippled with T-wave/toxic or something, you're able to keep them fresh. Altaria covers itself nicely but would still appreciate coming into free recovery via leech seed.
Or if that doesn't suit you, you can always drop toxic on and make celebi wear down the foe, giving your other Pokes a much easier time. (Though in this case I'd still probably choose leech seed.)

Another reason behind suggesting this change is that you don't have a lot to pass the nasty plot to besides Keldeo and he's your revenge killer so if he gets picked off, you have nothing to baton pass to.

Keldeo: Anyone and I mean anyone who willingly wants to leave a Bisharp in on Keldeo and not realizing how risky it is needs to be slapped. Still, I can't fault you on the move choice. It's not what I'd pick but I can definitely see how it can work out for you.

quick question. now on the ou suspect test metagross mega is not avaible. are u gonna change back keldeo to timid or are there other reasons? i made an rmt 2 if u dont mind me plz check it out [: maybe we can make a team together 1 day? and u should (dosent mean u have to) make a threat list telling us how u deal with mons that rekt balence suck as gengar or crawdaunt, landorus etc etc
Yea we should :] I'll check out your rmt later and yea,we could make a team if you want

I haven't looked over the comments from everyone else yet (beside the note of 2hko from focus blast mega garde on heatran which is indeed a very real threat.)

Anyway, the first thing I noticed was that your Celibi seems to be focused around being a cleric/support pokemon. You'd probably be better off devoting it to a truly dedicated support pokemon.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Leech Seed/Toxic
- U-Turn
- Heal Bell
- Recover

Yes, losing the ability to pass on a +2/4 can be a downer, but this way you're able to give dedicated support and residual healing to your team while still keeping the ability to safely switch out. (Plus a little bit of free chip damage never hurts.)
Plus with heal bell if your primary Pokemon (like keldeo, hippowdown or Zapdos) is crippled with T-wave/toxic or something, you're able to keep them fresh. Altaria covers itself nicely but would still appreciate coming into free recovery via leech seed.
Or if that doesn't suit you, you can always drop toxic on and make celebi wear down the foe, giving your other Pokes a much easier time. (Though in this case I'd still probably choose leech seed.)

Another reason behind suggesting this change is that you don't have a lot to pass the nasty plot to besides Keldeo and he's your revenge killer so if he gets picked off, you have nothing to baton pass to.

Keldeo: Anyone and I mean anyone who willingly wants to leave a Bisharp in on Keldeo and not realizing how risky it is needs to be slapped. Still, I can't fault you on the move choice. It's not what I'd pick but I can definitely see how it can work out for you.
Celebi:Losing BP would be a shame and I'll probably stick with my current moveset but I see what you're trying to say

About Keldeo,it scares Bisharp out.That's why it's called a check lol

So to help with your Zapdos set, you don't have to go fully offensive with Life Orb if that is not Zapdos' job. Instead, you can run a support attacking set with Discharge to keep offensive pressure, while not giving up the defensive nature of Zapdos. For this semi-offensive Zapdos, you'll want to be able to outspeed Jolly Bisharp and Breloom, and have plenty of SpAtk investment to smack hard with that excellent paralysis chance on Discharge, but maintain Zapdos' great bulk.

Set:
Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

So to help with your Zapdos set, you don't have to go fully offensive with Life Orb if that is not Zapdos' job. Instead, you can run a support attacking set with Discharge to keep offensive pressure, while not giving up the defensive nature of Zapdos. For this semi-offensive Zapdos, you'll want to be able to outspeed Jolly Bisharp and Breloom, and have plenty of SpAtk investment to smack hard with that excellent paralysis chance on Discharge, but maintain Zapdos' great bulk.

Set:
Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog
Thank you,I will try it out

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
had a response a few days ago forgot to clcick reply.

celebi could run a bit more speed to outspeed bisharp that wasnt to knock off/pursuit you so you can go to keldeo on a bp safely. also helps giga drain vs offensive landos if they switched in on rocks a few times.

Modest keldeo i dont know how i feel about that. it's your best switch in to knock off and getting outsped by garchomp is pretty miserable.

you actually don't have EQ on hippo so eventually youre going to lose to mega metagross. You have to replace either whirlwind or toxic for it. I dont think you can afford to not run it.

lastly i dont know about flash cannon on heatran you already have NP Celebi and taunt on heatran so fairies arent that problematicc. Lava plume with rocks and water move knock out gardevoir and i dont think you're going to get an opportunity to flash cannon an altaria unless you go with some more speed evs on heatran.

had a response a few days ago forgot to clcick reply.

celebi could run a bit more speed to outspeed bisharp that wasnt to knock off/pursuit you so you can go to keldeo on a bp safely. also helps giga drain vs offensive landos if they switched in on rocks a few times.

Modest keldeo i dont know how i feel about that. it's your best switch in to knock off and getting outsped by garchomp is pretty miserable.

you actually don't have EQ on hippo so eventually youre going to lose to mega metagross. You have to replace either whirlwind or toxic for it. I dont think you can afford to not run it.

lastly i dont know about flash cannon on heatran you already have NP Celebi and taunt on heatran so fairies arent that problematicc. Lava plume with rocks and water move knock out gardevoir and i dont think you're going to get an opportunity to flash cannon an altaria unless you go with some more speed evs on heatran.
I've changed Keldeo to Timid,I'm definitely gonna run EQ on Hippowdon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)