The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantasy stats have little correlation to a player's value to a team in real life, which is why scrubs don't understand that Flacco is a top 10 QB even though he's a backup fantasy QB
Let's not start that argument again. We all know it's bound to devolve into people trashing him and other various QBs over him, and some hero will find some way to attempt to shit on Tom Brady and praise Eli Manning as an HOFer again.

So we are stopping your shitty eli manning HOF and tom brady scrub arguments?

Every post should put a P.S. stopping some hero at the end of it imo

Brady isn't a scrub... Never said that. And I wasn't going to post about that. I was going to post my thoughts on the conversation going on.

Flacco is down there with Wilson, Rg3, Alex Smith, Tanehill and the other poor souls barely able to call themselves franchise quaterbacks.

Brady isn't a scrub... Never said that. And I wasn't going to post about that. I was going to post my thoughts on the conversation going on.

Flacco is down there with Wilson, Rg3, Alex Smith, Tanehill and the other poor souls barely able to call themselves franchise quaterbacks.
RG III is still a "Franchise" QB? Lol on what planet?

Bullshit. Flacco is a top QB. And so is Russell Wilson. Saying those guys are "poor souls" is extremely ignorant. Do you realize that both of those guys have won a Super Bowl? Comparing them to RG3,Alex Smith and Tanehill is laughable. Those other guys struggle to have a damn winning season. On Flacco and Wilson, it's expected. As they should, they both have been having top tier play in the past 3-2 years. The only exception is Joe Flacco's 2013 season. But one bad year isn't defining a QB. If that's the case I can make an argument that Drew Brees is terrible.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fantasy stats have little correlation to a player's value to a team in real life, which is why scrubs don't understand that Flacco is a top 10 QB even though he's a backup fantasy QB
Flacco is not a top 10 QB though...

Top 15 yes, not top 10

EDIT: wtf ravens just released Jacoby Jones and I've heard they are considering letting Torrey Smith go out in FA. Are they insane?

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways

Sorry i forgot to mention Joe Flacco is a scrub on that P.S. My mistake, i need to do better.

I would say the best QBs(in the modern era) are
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Drew Brees(one bad year doesn't make him suck)

Ok shifting gears a little bit here. What do you guys think should happen to each team(when it comes to free agency and drafting)? I'd like each team to be mentioned here. Starting with my home team ,Indianapolis Colts.
First and foremost, they need a RB. Vick Ballard is injury prone and not even that great and Trent Richardson is pretty much done. They should get DeMarco Murray as he was the leader in rushing yards in 2014 on top of addressing a position of need without costing a draft pick.
From there, they need to focus on getting DL help. They need this defense to be better next year with the looming threats of New England, Denver and Pittsburgh becoming more dominant, they need to keep their defense so they can stand a chance. They also have OL issues but I don't think it's as important of an issue as RB and DL

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Flacco is not a top 10 QB though...

Top 15 yes, not top 10

EDIT: wtf ravens just released Jacoby Jones and I've heard they are considering letting Torrey Smith go out in FA. Are they insane?
Releasing Jacoby needed to happen, he was absolutely atrocious. Don't agree with letting Torrey walk though, I hope he resigns.

Ok shifting gears a little bit here. What do you guys think should happen to each team(when it comes to free agency and drafting)? I'd like each team to be mentioned here. Starting with my home team ,Indianapolis Colts.
First and foremost, they need a RB. Vick Ballard is injury prone and not even that great and Trent Richardson is pretty much done. They should get DeMarco Murray as he was the leader in rushing yards in 2014 on top of addressing a position of need without costing a draft pick.
From there, they need to focus on getting DL help. They need this defense to be better next year with the looming threats of New England, Denver and Pittsburgh becoming more dominant, they need to keep their defense so they can stand a chance. They also have OL issues but I don't think it's as important of an issue as RB and DL
Green Bay should probably look at drafting some hands guys. Heard they had some trouble this season with special teams, specifically kick recoveries.

I would say the best QBs(in the modern era) are
1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Ben Roethlisberger
5. Drew Brees(one bad year doesn't make him suck)

Brees had a bad year? When? Because his team was shit? Is that why he had a bad year? His team record(or any random win/loss) does not impact his legacy or affect the great season he had. Brees may be a poor mans Peyton but that is still better than everyone except Rodgers and Brady. Big Ben had ONE good year(and not even better than Brees) and yet he is somehow above? what kind of list is this. Big Bens' season wasn't better than Eli Manning, Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers seasons. He isn't better than any of those player either.

Joe Flacco has yet to have a season above mediocre. So he is mediocre. Russel Wilson is in the same boat. Barely able to call himself a franchise qb.

Brees had a bad year? When? Because his team was shit? Is that why he had a bad year? His team record(or any random win/loss) does not impact his legacy or affect the great season he had. Brees may be a poor mans Peyton but that is still better than everyone except Rodgers and Brady. Big Ben had ONE good year(and not even better than Brees) and yet he is somehow above? what kind of list is this. Big Bens' season wasn't better than Eli Manning, Matt Ryan or Philip Rivers seasons. He isn't better than any of those player either.

Joe Flacco has yet to have a season above mediocre. So he is mediocre. Russel Wilson is in the same boat. Barely able to call himself a franchise qb.
Lol. Roethlisberger had numerous good years. Maybe you don't realize it but he won more Super Bowls than Drew Brees,Peyton Manning,and Aaron Rodgers. The Steelers had a surge in skill the past what 10 years? They haven't won the Super Bowl since the 1970's and he comes along and wins 2. In a span of 3 years. Granted, he isn't the only good player responsible for those wins but I'm sure he played in a part of that. He's miles better than Eli,Rivers,and Ryan(granted all those guys are decent) And no I'm not biased. I freaking hate the Steelers. I'm just stating facts. Also, Flacco and Wilson play very well consistently(except Flacco's 8-8 2013 finish). Saying they're in the same boat as Tannehill,and RG3 is very ignorant.
Also, can you contribute to the new topic instead of bringing it back to this?

Anyway, the Browns signing McCown.....WHY? He sucked with Tampa Bay last season. They HAD a decent QB with Hoyer then they fucked up and made Manziel starter which caused their demise. Seriously? Just sign Hoyer...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)