ORAS Doubles OU hail satan

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Introduction:
hi my name is xzern and i am a Dank Memer™. this dank RMT is for my 666th post. In respect to satan, I made a hail team to hail satan. i started out making a semi-tr hail team, but trick room is boring as shit to build around so i just gave up on that. This team is a lot more fun to use because blizzard spam is op. in the name of satan, prepare for innovation!

In-Depth:

hail satan (Abomasnow) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Blizzard
- Focus Blast
- Giga Drain
- Protect

Abomasnow is the foundation for the entire team. it's main purpose is to set hail, but it also functions well as its own attacker. blizzard and giga drain should explain themselves quite easily; they're Abomasnow's main attacking moves. I also run Focus Blast in order to do some hefty damage to the opposing steel types that resist both of Abomasnow's STABs. Additionally, it's a more reliable method of getting rid of Heatran than hp ground, because Heatran usually runs shuca. It may not seem relevant because Heatran literally always outspeeds Abomasnow, but Wide Guard from Aegislash can protect Abomasnow from a Heat Wave so it can KO Heatran. I'm running minimum speed because Abomasnow has base 30 and that's not really outspeeding anything so yea.

moistermoisture (Greninja) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Protect

Greninja is the go-to partner for Abomasnow. I chose it mainly because it's the fastest STAB user of Blizzard and when it uses life orb, it can really pack a punch. It's also important for stopping Aegislash, which is a bane to the team because of the prominence of Wide Guard on aegis nowadays. not only does it stop Aegislash, but it also gets rid of Heatran, which really isn't very good for the team to face because the purpose of the team is to spam Blizzard. Instead of Dark Pulse, you can run hp Fire for the purpose of KOing mean steel types, namely ferrothorn. Also, Greninja gets Rock Slide so that may be worth trying out. There's probably better speed EVs that could be used, so if you have better ones and if you're really just cringing at my spread, you can suggest your own spread.

kolde$t kush (Kyurem-Black) @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 SpD
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Blizzard
- Earth Power
- Protect

the final blizzspam user. This is basically the sub kyube from the analysis but with blizzard instead of ice beam. this guy is the healthy medium between the frail & fast Greninja and the really really slow Mega Abomasnow. The dragon typing allows kyube to resist both water and electric type attacks, so in the face of rotom-w, it can set up a substitute. the hp EVs ensures that kyube gets the most possible hp recovery from leftovers and the rest is thrown into special defense. we have Earth Power on here to get rid of annoying steels and rotom-w. However, aboma is the main answer to rotom-w on this team. To outspeed breloom and other max speed base 70's, you can run 152 speed EVs on kyube. Additionally, instead of kyube, you can use vanilla Kyurem because it has 10 more base special attack than kyube. I haven't to try this yet, but i'm using kyube for now because it's bulkier.

cheeto bird (Talonflame) @ Life Orb
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Guard
- Protect

this one shouldn't need much explanation. Brave Bird and Flare Blitz should be pretty self-explanatory; they're Talonflame's only good attacking moves, bar steel wing, but steel wing is only for the pros. Quick Guard is really nice on Talonflame and imo it functions a lot better than either Roost or Will-o-Wisp, especially on this team. Having Quick Guard on Talonflame means that Greninja doesn't have to fear a Brave Bird from another Talonflame or Mach Punch from Breloom. Also, Talonflame gets rid of skymin, which the team usually has trouble dealing with. While I don't recommend it, you can run Taunt on Talonflame rather than Quick Guard in order to have a better means of stopping trick room. But since like half the team is slowmons, I wouldn't worry that much. Also, you can run a spread of 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe instead of the one that I already have. 172 is enough speed to outspeed fully invested jolly Kangaskhan, meaning that you can nullify a Sucker Punch with Brave Bird and that you can block Fake Out with Quick Guard.

fight club (Azumarill) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Hail
- Protect

hail 2 the king ayy lmao. Azumarill is the team's premier answer to Heatran and other assorted fire types. Waterfall and Play rough are Azumarill's good STAB moves. Azumarill is also the team's answer to dark types. There isn't much about this set to talk about tbh... max hp and max atk to take hits and make hits. 0 speed ivs to check trick room. you may or may not have noticed by now that i'm also running hail on my azumarill. hail satan. however, maybe you aren't autistic and you dont want to run hail on azumarill. that's understandable. You can replace Hail with Aqua Jet or Knock Off or something, but keep in mind that aboma will be your only hail setter and it dies really easily :/ you could also replace it with Heatran for a more efficient method of switching in on fire-types.

butterknife (Aegislash) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Flash Cannon
- King's Shield
- Wide Guard

To top off the team, everyone's favorite kitchen utensil makes an appearance. this guy's main purpose is to switch in on mega kangaskhan and other stray normal/fighting attacks. Shadow Ball and Flash Cannon are aegis's two eZiest STAB moves, so i'm using those. Keep in mind that if they both hit neutrally against an opponent and you arent predicting anything, use shadow ball over flash cannon because it has a higher chance to drop special defense. Aegislash's other important function is wide guard so the entire team doesnt get penetrated by lando-t. Without it, the blizzspammers of the team would not fare very well against rock slide or heat wave. We also have the epic Expert Belt, which i'm using to feign Weakness Policy so people are hesitant to use supereffective attacks. maybe you want to be a bit more standard. If this is the case, you can always just run weakness policy or leftovers over epic belt. There isn't much else that you could do with aegis on this team; the set serves a very direct purpose.

Shoutouts! OMG! :OOOO

Last edited:
this is great team hail satan
i rate it 252/252 because its so good i couldnt use a scale of 10.
giga drain is weak tho what does it even do to rotom like 5%??????
0- SpA Abomasnow Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Rotom-H: 16-19 (5.2 - 6.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
wood hammer imo tbh js iirc is what satan would use because it has such a high power it doesnt even care if you are a special mon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)