[READ ME] Tips for Simple Hack Checks

not true..pokemon obtained in x/y will have the place they were caught/hatched displayed in ORAS.

Without the evs it's impossible to tell anything but to your concern...if you're playing on xY and it came from ORAS faraway place is normal
Thanks, I will post up it's confirmed EV's later when I get home. I will also double check the Charizard and Talonflame EV's too.

Thanks, I will post up it's confirmed EV's later when I get home. I will also double check the Charizard and Talonflame EV's too.
Since naughty is a set I calced it and assuming the ev spread you said is correct, it's 6iv... But nothing about it seems suspicious...why do you think it's hacked?

Since naughty is a set I calced it and assuming the ev spread you said is correct, it's 6iv... But nothing about it seems suspicious...why do you think it's hacked?
Guessing Wonder Trade.
I got talking to a guy who was at a local GAME store and we exchanged friend codes. He said he had surplus Pokémon who were competitive battle ready and that he'd trade them for anything I had as I told him I didn't battle because I didn't have/know how to train/breed competitive Pokémon but I'd like to try it out. I didn't really think about the potential consequences and I traded with him when I got home. The next day, I read somewhere about how when you go to a tournament your Pokémon are hack checked. This got me worried and I'm a very bad worrier. If I worry about something I can't focus on anything. I found this thread and thought that you guys would know for sure and give me some advice.

Thanks for all your replies by the way.

Can you tell us the EVs?
Ok the EV's are 252 speed, 252 special attack and 6 attack.

Moderator edit: Still don't double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok the EV's are 252 speed, 252 special attack and 6 attack.
Shiny: No
egg received and hatched on 12/01/2014

Seem like a normal breeding to me . If you are worry then just release it no big deal .
As flar mentioned, if you play in XY faraway place mean it's from the Hoenn region ( ORAS) .

So, I find myself in a bit of dilemma. I was planning on revisiting my old SoulSilver cart to see if I could catch some Pokemon on Apricorn+Safari+Sports Balls, since those seem popular around. However, when I checked the game, I discovered a not-so-subtle amount of Pokeballs in my bag. 900 of every ball, to be precise. Now, I don't have AR or anything like that, but, my cousin's cousin does, and I have given the game to him before so he could catch some Pokemon. So I have a good guess where all of those came from.

That said, now I'm feeling conflicted on whether I should use them (avoiding any illegal combinations, of course, and not using the Safari, Sports or Cherish in my bag), or just reset my save file (luckily, it seems I only had three badges). Are Max/Infinite Pokeball codes acceptable, or are those considered hacks as well? I don't have any trade thread or intend to have one, but I just want to avoid getting in trouble in the future since I do like trading here and there and donating to a few trade threads (which was what I originally intended to do with the caught Pokemon).

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
This doesn't really have to do with hack checking a Pokémon, but so long as you disclose this information when you trade the Pokémon (and as you say, you avoid illegal combinations) then I doubt anyone would care.
I would be careful though as Codes can also change TID/SID of your save, and if someone had done that, it could make any Pokémon from that save illegal.

This doesn't really have to do with hack checking a Pokémon, but so long as you disclose this information when you trade the Pokémon (and as you say, you avoid illegal combinations) then I doubt anyone would care.
I would be careful though as Codes can also change TID/SID of your save, and if someone had done that, it could make any Pokémon from that save illegal.
I know, but I didn't know where else to ask. Sorry. ^^;
I'm pretty sure he only used that code, and given why he needed the game in the first place, an encounter code. But just to be sure, how can I check if the TID/SID was changed? The TID I can probably check with the Pokemon I have in my party, but the SID?

EDIT: Well, the TID seems to be the same as always. Don't know about the SID, though.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, so I got an ORAS Rayquaza a while ago from a giveaway. I received it on my Y cartridge so of course it's from 'Faraway Place'. The reason I'm making a post here is because looking at this amazing Rayquaza nothing seemed out of place EXCEPT FOR the date met which is: 2/3/2011. This Rayquaza has a pentagon on it but how could it have been caught in ORAS before ORAS even came out!?? Could this be just because the date on the DS system of the original owner was screwed up?

Hello everyone, so I got an ORAS Rayquaza a while ago from a giveaway. I received it on my Y cartridge so of course it's from 'Faraway Place'. The reason I'm making a post here is because looking at this amazing Rayquaza nothing seemed out of place EXCEPT FOR the date met which is: 2/3/2011. This Rayquaza has a pentagon on it but how could it have been caught in ORAS before ORAS even came out!?? Could this be just because the date on the DS system of the original owner was screwed up?
For RNG manip in gen 4/5 you have to change the date, so it's possible that's what the reason is

I know that if you change the date on the 3DS, the Pokemon will register as being met/having hatched on that date, so that could be it. Not sure if editing/hacking a Pokemon could influence the date, I wouldn't think so, but I don't know for sure.

For RNG manip in gen 4/5 you have to change the date, so it's possible that's what the reason is
I know that if you change the date on the 3DS, the Pokemon will register as being met/having hatched on that date, so that could be it. Not sure if editing/hacking a Pokemon could influence the date, I wouldn't think so, but I don't know for sure.
Got it :) I guess it also helps that that IV spread of
31/31/30/x/31/31 (can't remember what x is atm) suggests this is justifiably not hacked. Otherwise, why wouldn't one have made it 6IV flawless?

Another question for those who would know...

was it possible to obtain a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid Manaphy with RNG abuse in the 2007 Toys R Us Manaphy event for Diamond and Pearl (OT: TRU
ID: 09297)?

Another question for those who would know...

was it possible to obtain a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Timid Manaphy with RNG abuse in the 2007 Toys R Us Manaphy event for Diamond and Pearl (OT: TRU
ID: 09297)?
Non-Shiny? Yes. I believe it says that 4th Gen events can have any nature and IV combination in the OP as well.

Making sure I don't use hacked Pokemon in Enter the Dragon Type comp

Language: English
Species: Rayquaza
OT: Nate
ID No.: 27977
IVs: 31/31/31/17/31/31
EVs (optional): 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Air Lock
Pokemon's name: Rayquaza
Level: 100 (it was 50 when I received it)
Pokeball: Dusk
Shiny?: No
Moves: it had Outrage, Fly, Overheat, and Blizzard when received
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Johto
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Ribbons: N/A
Other comments (optional): "The Pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember..."

Last edited:

.com

Grumpy old man
Got this from the GTS, want to make sure that I don't use a hacked Rayqauza in the Enter the Dragon Cup tournament

Species: Rayquaza
OT: Nate
ID No.: 27977
IVs: 31/31/31/17/31/31
EVs (optional): 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
Ability: Air Lock
Pokemon's name: Rayquaza
Level: 100 (it was 50 when I received it)
Pokeball: Dusk
Moves: it had Outrage, Fly, Overheat, and Blizzard when received
Region of origin: Johto
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Other comments (optional): "The Pokemon seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember..."
Google shows there's an identical Rayquaza (same TID and everything else, except) with the OT "Bon Bon". I'd suspect one of them is edited but no way to tell which.

Short version: I wouldn't use it in the Tournament if I were you.

How about this Groudon

Species: Groudon
OT: Justin
ID No.: 09519
IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Drought
Pokemon's name: Groudon
Level: 50 (Caught at L45)
Pokeball: Poke
Moves: it had Earthquake, Fire Punch, Dragon Claw, and Stone Edge when received
Region of origin: Hoenn (ORAS) (Blue pentagon)
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Other comments (optional): "Groudon saw Justin using Proteins. The Pokemon remembers that it got overwhelmed by emotion."

How about this Groudon

Species: Groudon
OT: Justin
ID No.: 09519
IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31
EVs (optional):
Ability: Drought
Pokemon's name: Groudon
Level: 50 (Caught at L45)
Pokeball: Poke
Moves: it had Earthquake, Fire Punch, Dragon Claw, and Stone Edge when received
Region of origin: Hoenn (ORAS) (Blue pentagon)
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Other comments (optional): "Groudon saw Justin using Proteins. The Pokemon remembers that it got overwhelmed by emotion."
I wouldn't use this in the tournament. It seems suspicious that it's perfect with a 0 in SpAtk. However, someone could have gotten really lucky.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Is it possible to obtain a Monsoon Pattern Vivillon from a European 3DS (from Finland)?

A while back, I got a 31/31/x/31/31/31 Monsoon egg from Reddit (as a FFA egg), and while doing some ESV checking via the .ekx injection method (and checking the injectiondebug file via PKHeX), I decided to pull its data up and double-check the region. I thought Monsoon was exclusive to Japanese/Hong Kong 3DSs; is it possible to acquire on a European 3DS?

Is it possible to obtain a Monsoon Pattern Vivillon from a European 3DS (from Finland)?

A while back, I got a 31/31/x/31/31/31 Monsoon egg from Reddit (as a FFA egg), and while doing some ESV checking via the .ekx injection method (and checking the injectiondebug file via PKHeX), I decided to pull its data up and double-check the region. I thought Monsoon was exclusive to Japanese/Hong Kong 3DSs; is it possible to acquire on a European 3DS?
I do believe you can change the region to get the desire patterns, as flargananddingle did it i believe .

.com

Grumpy old man

If the Internet is to be believed, (at least some subregions of) India has (have) Monsoon pattern Vivillon. Just checked and I'm able to select India on an EU 3ds—although I didn't confirm the Vivillon pattern—so it's most likely legal. If you really want, you can tell me the subregion from the ekx and I'll test.

Reactions: Xen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)