XY UU First UU Team: Tyrantrum's Rampage

Do the likelihood of Tyrantrum going to UU, I made the team for him. I think it turned out great
Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Dragon Claw
- Iron Head
- Earthquake

So I decided to make my team based on a QR code someone made me and a Scarf Tyrantrum so I decided to make a team around him. Head Smash and Rock Head ensure that nothing can safely take hits from him. I chose Dragon Claw over Outrage because I would spam Head Smash with no side effects and there are too many fairies in UU to safely use Outrage. Iron Head hits these said Fairies and can play flinch games with other pokemon. Earthquake ensures that Steel types don't wall him and a nice coverage move to hit possible switch-ins

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch

Toxicroak was actually the last pokemon chosen for the team. I chose him to cover Rock, Steel, and Fairies with the nice addition of Sucker Punch. I ran the Black Sludge because chances are he's gonna be coming into a lot of moves and Adamant is ran to ensure absolute power. I chose Swords Dance to set up in the face of Florges and Aromatisse. Gunk Shot hits everything extremely hard and has a nice 30% to poison. Drain Punch further increases his longetivity and can help out stall certain mons. Sucker Punch helps pick off weakened mons or revenge killers that attempt to cause trouble

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power Grass
- Trick

I chose Rotom-H to handle the fast portion of the VoltTurn Core and to handle the Steel, Ice, and Water types that give the team trouble. I chose to run Specs due to the fact that I dont need a revenge killer and would rather prefer the raw power. Volt Switch is ran for the utility and hits hard with specs even for a 70 BP move. Overheat punches holes in just about everything and can be used twice due to Specs. HP Grass is ran specifically to hit the monster that is Swampert and Trick messes with incoming threats.

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Stealth Rock

Gligar is very useful pokemon. He can set up hazards, use Defog to blow them away, and can U-turn. The 30 IVs is ran to be outsped by other Gligar for the slow U-Turn. Roost ensures Gligar can stick around while Immunity makes him invulnerable to poison. Earthquake ensures that Gligar isn't taunt bait while Stealth Rock gives him something to do.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Blissey has to be one of the best tanks in the game. She can tank nearly any Special Attack and provide excellent support for the team. I chose Thunder Wave over Toxic due to the team's lack of phazers. Wish ensures longetivityof Blissey and the team while Seismic Toss weakens pokemon for my other teammates to take out. Heal Bell is obvious....I don't need to explain do I?

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Water Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam

I've wanted to use Mega Blastoise for some time now and personally I think he is underrated. He can punch holes in a lot of walls and has the bulk to take the beatings the opponent tries. He's basically the steroids version of Starmie, who is also in UU for some reason... I invested into max HP due to his role as a spinner and Thunder Wave on Blissey slowing everyone down. Rain Dish is....not worthless.... Water Pulse is strong move (thanks to his ability) that doesn't have bad acc and has a 30% to confuse. Dark Pulse hits amy pesku Ghost types trying to block his Rapid Spin and has a nice 30% chance to flinch. Ice Beam hits Dragon and Ice types and is used over Aura Sphere due to the team's strong points being those types. Something funny is that if Blastoise hits a paralyzed target with Water Pulse, confuses it, than proceeds to spam Dark Pulse, thats a 90% not to move....better not get paralyzed

One thing I noticed about the team is that the closest thing to a sweeper is Tyrantrum. Everything else is designed to break walls or stall so would this be balanced or Bulky Offense? Nonetheless, I think I made a pretty nice UU even though I am new to the format

This team is definitely way more Bulky than anything, I would be alittle more cautious strapping Choice items on two mons' but that's more of a personal prefrence as I've never liked Choice anything. Perhaps give Tyrantrum a Life Orb as his already crazy attack +STAB is feirce enough but with the extra 30% from Life Orb it is just insane. And maybe run Dragon Dance over dragon claw as the other three moves can cover pretty much everything else and other dragon types I'm pretty confident wouldn't be able to live a STAB Life Orb Head Smash.

Hmm perhaps I can give Rotom-H a scarf and Tyrantrum a Life Orb and Dragon Dance. Would that work out better?
I think rotom with 252 EVs on Speed is good enough, I would keep the Choice Specs. But just test the Tyrantrum set and see how it feels, I've never been a fan of locking myself into one move especially with heavy hitters like him.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Intersting team you've got here. A few minor nitpicks from me:

I suggest running 4 or even 8 speed on MegaToise to speed creep other toises for the matchup.

Croagunk should definitely run Dry Skin over Justified. Although the attack boost from eating a Lnock Off seems nice, an immunity to water seems much more useful. This would also provide you your perfect Crocune check, although Blissey does handle it early on.

Lastly you have a wish Blissey without protect. This will leave you worn down and dead early. And a dead cleric is useless (duh). Although it leaves you as Taunt bait (switch out against Crobat and Coba etc) it lets you actually fulfill your job.

Intersting team you've got here. A few minor nitpicks from me:

I suggest running 4 or even 8 speed on MegaToise to speed creep other toises for the matchup.

Croagunk should definitely run Dry Skin over Justified. Although the attack boost from eating a Lnock Off seems nice, an immunity to water seems much more useful. This would also provide you your perfect Crocune check, although Blissey does handle it early on.

Lastly you have a wish Blissey without protect. This will leave you worn down and dead early. And a dead cleric is useless (duh). Although it leaves you as Taunt bait (switch out against Crobat and Coba etc) it lets you actually fulfill your job.
I may switch Blissey for Florges, but I dont think it's that necessary. Blissey forces switches so protect is not that needed. Justified was a typo, it was meant to be Dry Skin. I'll consider the 8 Speed EVs unto Blastoise. That was a nice call

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I may switch Blissey for Florges, but I dont think it's that necessary. Blissey forces switches so protect is not that needed. Justified was a typo, it was meant to be Dry Skin. I'll consider the 8 Speed EVs unto Blastoise. That was a nice call
Blissey forces switches? Who switches out afraid of a blissey? If you don't run protect then you can't reliably recover hp. For example, you wish as they go to lucario, and you have to switch out while still being at low health, unable to switch in on mega blastoise or something. Either softboiled or protect is required. Also gonna reccomend ice fang over iron head on tyrantrum, as you can have a way to touch gligar and head smash already hits Florges stronger than iron head anyway

Basic Changes: Rotom Heat Needs thunderbolt to have ultimate effectiveness for things such as Suicune, and locking into T bolt is useful in it self. With this change, you would need to result in not using HP Grass, although you will regret in when a team has Swampert. Also, i suggest Modest nature on Rotom as 298 speed is not outspeeding anything anyway. You could even run a bit of HP investment like 76 evs.

Blissey needs protect/softboiled while running wish. A 2 turn way of recovery does not fly with hard hitting special attackers + stealth rocks. This results in a lack of t wave, or heal well.

Blastoise should run Scald > Water Pulse. Scald is only 10 base power weaker, but with a 30% chance to burn. It is a much better choice. Blastoise also wants 72 evs in speed in secure out speeds on base 80-85s like Suicune.

I believe Tyrantrum benefits way more as a Dragon Dance user over Scarf as Scarf is not as effective. You would want to run Lum Berry/Life orb basing if you run Drawon Claw or Outrage(I prefer Lum+ Outrage). Tyrantrum has a plethora of opportunities to setup on certain mons, and a DD is a combo of Scarf and Band inevitably giving it more sweeping potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)