PU Raichu

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Overview
########

Raichu's high Speed lets it outspeed the majority of the metagame, allowing it to become a successful revenge killer. This, along with its high Special Attack, means that Raichu forces a lot of switches, and it can capitalize on that with Volt Switch, as Ground-type Pokemon are deterred from switching in due to Raichu's coverage, including moves such as Focus Blast and Grass Knot. Nasty Plot helps Raichu wallbreak and allows it to sweep, but Raichu is easily revenge killed by Choice Scarf users and priority. It receives competition from other Electric-types; however, it has niches over them such as its superior strength and coverage over Zebstrika and its higher Speed over Electabuzz. Unfortunately, Raichu is not strong enough to break through walls without a boosting item and team support, its low bulk means that it is easy to revenge kill, as it is OHKOed by moves such as Mightyena's Sucker Punch, and it is easily worn down by entry hazards and Life Orb recoil.

Special Attacker
########
name: Special Attacker
move 1: Volt Switch
move 2: Thunderbolt
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Hidden Power Ice / Encore
ability: Lightningrod
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Volt Switch is Raichu's most spammable STAB move, as it provides momentum on switches Raichu forces. Thunderbolt is a stronger STAB move that does not force Raichu to switch out. Focus Blast hits Pokemon that are immune to Electric, such as Golem and Piloswine, as well as Lickilicky and Regice, but it has low accuracy. It can also hit Ground-types hard if Raichu is not running Hidden Power Ice. Hidden Power Ice hits other Ground-types as well as Grass-types such as Torterra, Jumpluff, and Roselia. Encore can be used to force foes out, allowing Raichu to gain momentum with Volt Switch.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed and a Timid nature allow Raichu to Speed tie with Jumpluff and outspeed everything slower, and 252 Special Attack EVs increase Raichu's power. Life Orb is the preferred item, which further increases Raichu's damage output. Expert Belt can be used to bluff a Choice item and avoid recoil, but running it will result in a noticeable decrease in power. Lightningrod allows Raichu to switch into Electric-type attacks and prevent the use of them in general.

Usage Tips
========

Due to its high Speed, Raichu can be used as a revenge killer, or it can be used to wear down the opposing team with its strong attacks. This means Raichu can be played throughout the battle, as it can perform multiple roles. Raichu should rarely be switched in, as it has low bulk, and instead should come in from Volt Switch or U-turn from teammates or after a KO. It should be careful if switching in on an expected Electric-type attack, as this is easy to predict, and Raichu deters the use of Electric-type attacks with Lightningrod anyway. Volt Switch is its safest move to go for, unless the foe opponent has an Electric immunity, as it allows Raichu to safely switch out and wear down the opposing team while gaining momentum.

Team Options
========

Raichu can create VoltTurn cores with Pokemon such as Ninjask and Flareon, creating momentum by constantly forcing the foe out. Both Pokemon also check Grass-types, and the latter appreciates the removal of Water-types. Entry hazard setters, such as Whirlipede and Golem, wear the opponent's team down further, as VoltTurn cores continuously force the foe out. Ice-types such as Regice and Aurorus are greatly appreciated, as they can take out Ground- and Grass-type Pokemon, and in return, Raichu beats Water-types. Grass-type Pokemon, such as Roselia and Torterra, can check Ground-types, can set up entry hazards, and enjoy the removal of Flying-types, and Fire-type Pokemon such as Ninetales and Rapidash can beat Grass-types and appreciate the removal of Water-types. Fighting-types such as Poliwrath and Machoke can beat Lickilicky and Regice, while Raichu can get past Flying-types. Entry hazard-removing Pokemon, such as Swanna and Torkoal, are appreciated, as Raichu gets worn down from consistently switching out. Due to its offensive presence and low bulk, Raichu fits best on offensive teams.

Nasty Plot
########
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 3: Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ice
move 4: Substitute / Encore / Hidden Power Ice
ability: Lightningrod
item: Life Orb / Focus Sash / Leftovers

Moves
========

Nastly Plot boosts Raichu's Special Attack by two stages, providing it with enough power to break through most walls. Thunderbolt is its strongest STAB move, and Focus Blast provides good neutral coverage and is a strong secondary attack, but it has a shaky accuracy. Hidden Power Ice hits Ground- and Grass-type Pokemon super effectively but has low Base Power. Substitute blocks status and protects Raichu from priority or faster Pokemon. Encore helps Raichu force the foe out, allowing it to more easily boost with Nasty Plot.

Set Details
========

252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature are required to outspeed Pokemon such as Ursaring and Rapidash, and maximum Special Attack investment increases Raichu's wallbreaking potential. Life Orb can be used to further increase Raichu's Special Attack but wears it down. Focus Sash allows Raichu to survive a hit, but it is easily broken. Leftovers provides Raichu with passive recovery, but Raichu doesn't really have the bulk to take full advantage of it. Lightningrod allows Raichu to set up on opposing Electric-types and get a power boost from taking Electric-type moves.

Usage Tips
========

Raichu should be used late-game as a sweeper, after the opposing team is worn down and faster Pokemon are removed, or as a mid-game wallbreaker. It should aim to set up on Pokemon that it forces out, such as Pelipper and Togetic, or on Pokemon that it has Encored into non-attacking moves. If set up, Raichu can still be switched out against a revenge killer, as it can find multiple setup opportunities throughout the game. It can also be used throughout the game as a revenge killer.

Team Options
========

The choice of Raichu's teammates often depends on its coverage move. For example, if it lacks Focus Blast, Pokemon such as Poliwrath and Machoke should be used in order to take care of Piloswine and Lickilicky, and if lacking Hidden Power Ice, Raichu appreciates Ice-types, such as Regice and Aurorus, to take care of Ground- and Grass-types. Raichu should be used on offensive teams which carry wallbreakers, such as Heatmor and Stoutland, in order to weaken the opposing walls, and entry hazard users, such as Piloswine and Dwebble, to wear the opposing team down. Fire- and Flying-types such as Rapidash and Dodrio beat Grass-types, which Raichu has problems getting past, and Water- and Grass-types such as Simipour and Victreebel can remove Ground-types, which Raichu hates. Choice Scarf Mr. Mime can provide Healing Wish support to Raichu if Raichu is worn down from wallbreaking, allowing Raichu to sweep, and can revenge kill faster Pokemon. Sticky Web support from Pokemon such as Leavanny and Kricketune slows down faster Pokemon, but Choice Scarf Rotom-F and Dodrio are unaffected and will still outspeed Raichu.

Other Options
########

Raichu has a decent Attack stat and a wide range of physical moves, such as Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Knock Off, and Extreme Speed, but running Extreme Speed results in move illegalities. Knock Off can be used on a specially based set to cripple switch-ins, particularly Roselia. Raichu also has a decent special movepool including moves such as Grass Knot, which hits Pokemon such as Piloswine and Golem super effectively and has perfect accuracy, so Raichu doesn't have to rely on the inaccurate Focus Blast. Surf hits Ground- and Rock-types super effectively but is illegal with Lightningrod. Due to Raichu's high Speed, a Choice Scarf set could be used to let Raichu function as a revenge killer, outspeeding every other Choice Scarf user and boosted Pokemon such as Shell Smash Barbaracle, but such a set is weak. Choice Specs can be used over Life Orb for more power, but Raichu needs the ability to change moves. Raichu can be used on a rain team with Thunder for increased damage output. Salac Berry combined with Substitute on the Nasty Plot set prevents Raichu from being revenge killed by faster Pokemon and Choice Scarf users.

Checks & Counters
########

**Ground-types**: Ground-type Pokemon such as Piloswine and Golem are immune to Raichu's Electric-type STAB move and can retaliate back with their Ground-type STAB move or set up entry hazards, but they have to watch out for super effective coverage moves. Stunfisk is a particularly good switch-in, as it can easily take super effective Hidden Power Ices.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Torterra and Quilladin resist Electric and can deal heavy damage to Raichu with their STAB moves and set up entry hazards, but they have to be careful around Hidden Power Ice. Roselia has enough Special Defense and recovery to easily take any move from Raichu and can put it to sleep or use it as entry hazard fodder, and Gogoat can set up with Substitute or Bulk Up.

**Faster Pokemon**: Although Raichu has a high base Speed, Pokemon such as Zebstrika and Floatzel can outspeed and revenge kill a weakened Raichu, but they dislike switching in. Choice Scarf users such as Mr. Mime, Rotom-F, and Sawsbuck can also outspeed and KO Raichu.

**Priority**: Due to Raichu's low bulk, common priority moves such as Dusknoir's Shadow Sneak and Carracosta's Aqua Jet can KO a weakened Raichu. Mightyena can OHKO Raichu after Stealth Rock damage with Sucker Punch, but it has to be careful of Substitute.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Bulky Pokemon such as Hypno and Grumpig can take any hit from Raichu then retaliate back with their attacks or phaze it. Other specially defensive Pokemon such as Lickilicky can take an unboosted hit, but they will get KOed by boosted attacks or coverage moves.

**Passive Damage**: Raichu is greatly worn down by Life Orb recoil and entry hazards and can easily be revenge killed.

Last edited:
I think that Expert Belt should be slashed on the first set, as it is a great way to bluff choice, and LO Raichu actually gets worn down incredibly fast from what I've seen between hazard damage and the fact that it almost never hard switches, so most turns it's in it's going to be taking LO recoil. On a similar note I think specs should be in OO, as it is just unneccesarily hampering your utility by making Volt Switch a lot easier to play around and making it harder to clean late-game, all for a relatively small power boost. At least scarf Raichu is a competent revenge killer, specs isn't even that.

Also mention gk in moves of the first set, it's nice to not have to rely on Focus Blast to beat Ground-types.

i think ebelt should be mentioned in set details, but not a main item slot, although i personally prefer it to life orb there is a noticeable power difference and it's important. i don't like specs so i agree with mag that it should be oo or also a set details mention.

static is actually, like, so good. i wouldn't really discount it especially as it lets you run surf so imo a mention isn't the worst idea

and i also think scarf is worth a set :x

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think that Expert Belt should be slashed on the first set, as it is a great way to bluff choice, and LO Raichu actually gets worn down incredibly fast from what I've seen between hazard damage and the fact that it almost never hard switches, so most turns it's in it's going to be taking LO recoil. On a similar note I think specs should be in OO, as it is just unneccesarily hampering your utility by making Volt Switch a lot easier to play around and making it harder to clean late-game, all for a relatively small power boost. At least scarf Raichu is a competent revenge killer, specs isn't even that.

Also mention gk in moves of the first set, it's nice to not have to rely on Focus Blast to beat Ground-types.
i think ebelt should be mentioned in set details, but not a main item slot, although i personally prefer it to life orb there is a noticeable power difference and it's important. i don't like specs so i agree with mag that it should be oo or also a set details mention.

static is actually, like, so good. i wouldn't really discount it especially as it lets you run surf so imo a mention isn't the worst idea

and i also think scarf is worth a set :x
Yeah i was planning on putting ebelt in set details as i just find it too weak to be a main slash item. Specs isnt as great ill put it to oo. It really isnt worth running grass knot over focus blast, especcially considering gk has a low chance of 2HKOing piloswine while focus blast will do 60% min and now pokes like lickilicky just dont fear anything (also helps with other pokes like fully spdef avalugg regice etc). Im not really sure on static as raichu isnt taking many physical attacks (or grass knot) while lightning rod at least prevents the opponent from going for electric moves, and surf again doesnt hit too much, basically the same as grass knot (at least hp ice in np set hits grass types). I will test scarf in this meta but from previous uses im not too keen on it, but now being the fastest scarfer might give it an edge. Modest scarf looks interesting, as it has a similar power to rotom-f but a bit more speed (above +2 baracle) but no pilo switch in. e: u lose to +2 poli by 1 tho :(

I will probably finish this tomorrow

e: putting here that i didnt add special walls to c&c as i dont feel there are enough to be noteworthy, as all but licki that wall chu are ground/grass types. I guess i could add bulky pokes and mention fraxure, w/e ill sort it out tomorrow

Last edited:
Mention competiton with other electrics in the overview

mention jumpluff as an important target of HP ice

remove mentions of banned mons

1/3

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender
Overview
########
When you talk about competition with other Electric-types, mention why they could be used over Raichu.
Mention that Lightning Rod discourages the use of Volt Switch from the opponent at times, especially against Choice Scarf users such as Rotom-F.
Raichu is also weak to residual damage, especially when running Life Orb, as it also makes it revengekillable even easier and KOed by even weak priorities at times.

Special Attacker
Set Details
========
List some Pokemon you can outspeed thanks to a Timid nature.
To differ this from Overview, also mention the Special Attack boost Raichu gets thanks to Lightning Rod when hit by Electric-type moves
Mention that Life Orb is prefered to Expert Belt almost everytime, as thanks to it Raichu can also gain a lot of precious KOs, and that recoil makes Raichu less durable, as you talk about it when you mention Expert Belt.

Usage Tips
========
Mention when Volt Switch should be spammed(eg: early game to weaken checks and counters) and when Raichu should be wary using it.

Team Options
========
I would also mention hazard removal as good support for Raichu and a team in general, especially when running a VoltTurn strategy.

Nasty Plot
Set Details
========
Mention the Special Attack boost Raichu gets thanks to Lightning Rod if hit by Electric-type coverage, as sometimes it's enough to sweep or break through walls, therefore prevents Raichu from necessarily setting up a Nasty Plot.

pretty solid analysis Anty
QC 2/3 :pimp:

Anty

let's drop
Overview
########
When you talk about competition with other Electric-types, mention why they could be used over Raichu.
Mention that Lightning Rod discourages the use of Volt Switch from the opponent at times, especially against Choice Scarf users such as Rotom-F.
Raichu is also weak to residual damage, especially when running Life Orb, as it also makes it revengekillable even easier and KOed by even weak priorities at times.

Special Attacker
Set Details
========
To differ this from Overview, also mention the Special Attack boost Raichu gets thanks to Lightning Rod when hit by Electric-type moves
Mention that Life Orb is prefered to Expert Belt almost everytime, as thanks to it Raichu can also gain a lot of precious KOs, and that recoil makes Raichu less durable, as you talk about it when you mention Expert Belt.

Usage Tips
========
Mention when Volt Switch should be spammed(eg: early game to weaken checks and counters) and when Raichu should be wary using it.

Team Options
========
I would also mention hazard removal as good support for Raichu and a team in general, especially when running a VoltTurn strategy.

Nasty Plot
Set Details
========
Mention the Special Attack boost Raichu gets thanks to Lightning Rod if hit by Electric-type coverage, as sometimes it's enough to sweep or break through walls, therefore prevents Raichu from necessarily setting up a Nasty Plot.

pretty solid analysis Anty
QC 2/3 :pimp:
Done most of this, just i dont think i need to say why to use other pokes over raichu (overview is meant to be 'selling your mon'). Also i dont think lightning rod is worth mentioning outside of set details (like i have said stuff about deterring use of electric types), as it may seem like raichu can switch into electric types, which it really shouldnt, and +1 is usually never enough to sweep teams and if it gets the opportunity +3 is even nicer

talked about this

(grass knot mention in ebelt set, precisation about fb being valuable against ground types in moves if hp ice isnt used, spdef Pokemon as checks in c&c)

3/3

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Anty

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Raichu's high Speed lets it to outspeed the majority of the metagame, allowing it to become a successful revenge killer. This, along with its high Special Attack, (AC) means that it Raichu forces a lot of switches, and it can capitalize on that with Volt Switch, as Ground-type Pokemon are deterred from switching in due to Raichu's large coverage, including moves such as Focus Blast and Grass Knot. Nasty Plot helps Raichu wallbreak and allows it to sweep, but Raichu is easily revenge killed by Choice Scarf users and priority. It receives competition from other Electric-types; however, it has niches over them being such as its superior strength and coverage over Zebstrika and that its higher Speed is higher than over Electabuzz's. Unfortunately, Raichu is not strong enough to break through walls so relies on a boosting item and team support, its low bulk means that it is easy to revenge kill, as it is getting OHKOed by moves such as Mightyena's Sucker Punch, and it is easily warn down by entry hazards and Life Orb recoil.

Special Attacker
########
ability: Lightning Rod

Moves
========

Volt Switch is Raichu's most spammable STAB move as it provides momentum on switches Raichu forces. Thunderbolt is a stronger STAB move that does not force Raichu to switch out while not switching Raichu if it is trying to 2HKO the opponent. Focus Blast hits Pokemon such as Golem and Piloswine who that are immune to Electric as well as Lickilicky and Regice, but has a low accuracy. It can also hit Ground-types hard if Raichu is not running Hidden Power Ice. Hidden Power Ice hits other Ground-types as well as Grass-types such as Torterra, Jumpluff, (AC) and Roselia. Encore can be used to force opponents out, (AC) allowing Raichu to gain momentum with Volt Switch.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed and a Timid nature allows Raichu to outspeed as much as possible, allowing it to Speed tie with Jumpluff, and 252 Special Attack EVs increases Raichu's power even more. Life Orb is the preferred item, which further increases Raichu's damage output, increasing its offensive potential. Expert Belt can be used to bluff a Choice item and avoid recoil, however has a noticeable decrease in power. Lightningrod allows Raichu to switch into Electric-type attacks and prevent the use of it them in general.

Usage Tips
========

Due to its high Speed, Raichu can be used as a revenge killer, or should can be used to wear down the opposing team with its strong attacks. This means Raichu can be played throughout battle as it can perform multiple roles. Raichu should rarely be switched in as it has low bulk, and instead should come in from Volt Switch or U-turn teammates or after a KO. It should be careful if switching in on an expected Electric-type attack, as it this is easy to predict, and Raichu deters the use of Electric-type attacks with Lightningrod anyway. Volt Switch is its safest move to go for, unless the opponent has an Electric immunity, as it allows Raichu to safely switch out and wear down the opposing team, (RC) while gaining momentum.

Team Options
========

Raichu can create VoltTurn cores with Pokemon such as Ninjask and Flareon, creating momentum by consistently constantly forcing the opponent foe out. Both Pokemon also check Grass-types, and the latter appreciates the removal of Water-types. Entry hazard setters, such as Whirlipede and Golem, wear the opponent down as VoltTurn cores continuously force the opponent foe Opponent==the other player out. Ice-types such as Regice and Aurorus are greatly appreciated as they can take out Ground- and Grass-type Pokemon, and in return, Raichu beats Water-types. Grass-type Pokemon, such as Roselia and Torterra, (AC) can check Ground-types, can set up hazards, and enjoy the removal of Flying-types, and Fire-type Pokemon such as Ninetales and Rapidash can beat Grass-types, (RC) and appreciate the removal of Water-types. Fighting-types such as Poliwrath and Machoke can beat Lickilicky and Regice, while Raichu can get passed past Flying-types. Entry hazard-removing Pokemon removal, such as Swanna and Torkoal, is are appreciated as Raichu gets warn down from consistently switching out. Due to its offensive presence and low bulk, Raichu fits best on offensive teams.

Nasty Plot
########
move 3: Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Ice]
move 4: Substitute / Encore / Hidden Power [Ice]

Moves
========

Nastly Plot boosts Raichu's Special Attack by two stages, providing it with enough power to break through most walls. Thunderbolt is its strongest STAB move, and Focus Blast provides good neutral coverage and a strong secondary attack, but has a shaky accuracy. Hidden Power Ice hits Ground- and Grass-type Pokemon, however have a low Base Power. Substitute blocks status and protects Raichu from priority or faster Pokemon. Encore allows Raichu to force the foe out, allowing it to more easily boost with Nasty Plot.

Set Details
========

252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature are required to outspeed Pokemon such as Ursaring and Rapidash, and maximum Special Attack investment increases Raichu's wallbreaking potential. Life Orb can be used to further increase Raichu's Special Attack, but wears it down, Focus Sash allows Raichu to always live a hit, but is easily broken, and Leftovers provides Raichu with passive recovery, which it may might not have enough bulk to abuse. Lightningrod allows Raichu to set up on opposing Electric-types, while getting a power boost when taking Electric-type moves.

Usage Tips
========

Raichu should be used late-game as a sweeper, after the opposing team is worn down and faster Pokemon are removed, or as a mid-game wallbreaker. It should aim to set up on Pokemon such as Pelipper and Togetic, that is forces out, or on Pokemon that it has Encored into non-attacking moves. If set up, Raichu can still be switched out against a revenge killer, as it has multiple setup opportunities throughout the game. It can also be used throughout the game as a revenge killer.

Team Options
========

Raichu's teammates often depend on its coverage move. (period) For example, if it lacks Focus Blast then Pokemon such as Poliwrath and Machoke should be used in order to take care of Piloswine and Lickilicky, and if lacking Hidden Power Ice, Raichu appreciates Ice-types, such as Regice and Aurorus, (AC) to take care of Ground- and Grass-types. Raichu should be used on offensive teams which carry wallbreakers, such as Heatmor and Stoutland, in order to weaken the opposing walls, and entry hazard users, such as Piloswine and Dwebble, to wear the opposing team down. Fire- and Flying-types, such as Rapidash and Dodrio, beat Grass-types which Raichu has problems getting passed past, and Water- and Grass-types such as Simipour and Victreebel can remove Ground-types which Raichu also hates. Choice Scarf Mr. Mime can provide Healing Wish support to Raichu if it Raichu is worn down from wallbreaking, allowing it Raichu to then sweep, and can revenge kill faster Pokemon. Sticky Web support from Pokemon such as Leavanny and Kricketune slows down faster Pokemon, however Choice Scarf Rotom-F and Dodrio are unaffected and will still outspeed Raichu.

Other Options
########

Raichu has a decent Attack stat and a wide range of physical moves, such as Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Knock Off, and Extreme Speed, however the latter has move illegalities. Knock Off can be used on a specially based set to cripple switch-ins, particularly Roselia. Raichu also has a decent special movepool including moves such as Grass Knot that hits Pokemon such as Piloswine and Golem which Focus Blast already hits, however does not have such a bad accuracy, and Surf also which hits Ground- and Rock-types but is illegal with Lightningrod. Due to its Raichu's high Speed, a Choice Scarf set could be used as a revenge killer, outspeeding every other Choice Scarf user and boosted Pokemon such as Shell Smash Barbaracle, however such a set is weak. (period) and Choice Specs can be used over Life Orb for more power, but Raichu needs the ability to change moves. Raichu can be used on a rain team, if so, with Thunder should be used for increased damage output. Salac Berry combined with Substitute on the Nasty Plot set prevents Raichu from being revenge killed by faster Pokemon and Choice Scarf users.

Checks & Counters
########
space here
**Ground-types**: Ground-type Pokemon such as Piloswine and Golem are immune to Raichu's Electric-type STAB move, and can retaliate back with their Ground-type STAB move or set up entry hazards, but they have to watch out for super effective coverage moves. Stunfisk is a particularly good switch-in as it can easily take super effective Hidden Power Ices.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Torterra and Quilladin can resist Electric, and can deal heavy damage to Raichu with their STAB moves and set up entry hazards, but have to be careful around Hidden Power Ice. Roselia has enough Special Defense, (RC) and recovery to easily take any move from Raichu, and can put it to sleep or use it as entry hazard fodder, and Gogoat can set up with Substitute or Bulk Up.

**Faster Pokemon**: Although Raichu has a high base Speed, Pokemon such as Zebstrika and Floatzel can outspeed it and revenge kill a weakened Raichu, but dislike switching in. Choice Scarf users such as Mr. Mime, Rotom-F, (AC) and Sawsbuck can also outspeed and KO Raichu.

**Priority**: Due to its low bulk, common priorities priority moves such as Dusknoir's Shadow Sneak and Carracosta's Aqua Jet can KO Raichu if weakened, and Mightyena can OHKO Raichu after Stealth Rock damage with Sucker Punch, but has to be careful of Substitute.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Bulky Pokemon such as Hypno and Grumpig can take any hit from Raichu then retaliate back with their attacks or phaze it out. Other specially defensive Pokemon such as Lickilicky can take an unboosted hit, but get KOed by boosted attacks or coverage.

**Passive Damage**: Raichu is greatly worn down by Life Orb recoil and entry hazards, and can easily be revenge killed.

1/2

Last edited:

Anty

let's drop
Anty

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Raichu's high Speed lets it to outspeed the majority of the metagame, allowing it to become a successful revenge killer. This, along with its high Special Attack, (AC) means that it Raichu forces a lot of switches, and it can capitalize on that with Volt Switch, as Ground-type Pokemon are deterred from switching in due to Raichu's large coverage, including moves such as Focus Blast and Grass Knot. Nasty Plot helps Raichu wallbreak and allows it to sweep, but Raichu is easily revenge killed by Choice Scarf users and priority. It receives competition from other Electric-types; however, it has niches over them being such as its superior strength and coverage over Zebstrika and that its higher Speed is higher than over Electabuzz's. Unfortunately, Raichu is not strong enough to break through walls so relies on a boosting item and team support, its low bulk means that it is easy to revenge kill, as it is getting OHKOed by moves such as Mightyena's Sucker Punch, and it is easily warn down by entry hazards and Life Orb recoil.

Special Attacker
########

Moves
========

Volt Switch is Raichu's most spammable STAB move as it provides momentum on switches Raichu forces. Thunderbolt is a stronger STAB move that does not force Raichu to switch out while not switching Raichu if it is trying to 2HKO the opponent. Focus Blast hits Pokemon such as Golem and Piloswine who that are immune to Electric as well as Lickilicky and Regice, but has a low accuracy. It can also hit Ground-types hard if Raichu is not running Hidden Power Ice. Hidden Power Ice hits other Ground-types as well as Grass-types such as Torterra, Jumpluff, (AC) and Roselia. Encore can be used to force opponents out, (AC) allowing Raichu to gain momentum with Volt Switch.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed and a Timid nature allows Raichu to outspeed as much as possible, allowing it to Speed tie with Jumpluff, and 252 Special Attack EVs increases Raichu's power even more. Life Orb is the preferred item, which further increases Raichu's damage output, increasing its offensive potential. Expert Belt can be used to bluff a Choice item and avoid recoil, however has a noticeable decrease in power. Lightningrod allows Raichu to switch into Electric-type attacks and prevent the use of it them in general.

Usage Tips
========

Due to its high Speed, Raichu can be used as a revenge killer, or should can be used to wear down the opposing team with its strong attacks. This means Raichu can be played throughout battle as it can perform multiple roles. Raichu should rarely be switched in as it has low bulk, and instead should come in from Volt Switch or U-turn teammates or after a KO. It should be careful if switching in on an expected Electric-type attack, as it this is easy to predict, and Raichu deters the use of Electric-type attacks with Lightningrod anyway. Volt Switch is its safest move to go for, unless the opponent has an Electric immunity, as it allows Raichu to safely switch out and wear down the opposing team, (RC) while gaining momentum.

Team Options
========

Raichu can create VoltTurn cores with Pokemon such as Ninjask and Flareon, creating momentum by consistently constantly forcing the opponent foe out. Both Pokemon also check Grass-types, and the latter appreciates the removal of Water-types. Entry hazard setters, such as Whirlipede and Golem, wear the opponent down as VoltTurn cores continuously force the opponent foe Opponent==the other player out. Ice-types such as Regice and Aurorus are greatly appreciated as they can take out Ground- and Grass-type Pokemon, and in return, Raichu beats Water-types. Grass-type Pokemon, such as Roselia and Torterra, (AC) can check Ground-types, can set up hazards, and enjoy the removal of Flying-types, and Fire-type Pokemon such as Ninetales and Rapidash can beat Grass-types, (RC) and appreciate the removal of Water-types. Fighting-types such as Poliwrath and Machoke can beat Lickilicky and Regice, while Raichu can get passed past Flying-types. Entry hazard-removing Pokemon removal, such as Swanna and Torkoal, is are appreciated as Raichu gets warn down from consistently switching out. Due to its offensive presence and low bulk, Raichu fits best on offensive teams.

Nasty Plot
########
move 3: Focus Blast / Hidden Power [Ice]
move 4: Substitute / Encore / Hidden Power [Ice]

Moves
========

Nastly Plot boosts Raichu's Special Attack by two stages, providing it with enough power to break through most walls. Thunderbolt is its strongest STAB move, and Focus Blast provides good neutral coverage and a strong secondary attack, but has a shaky accuracy. Hidden Power Ice hits Ground- and Grass-type Pokemon, however have a low Base Power. Substitute blocks status and protects Raichu from priority or faster Pokemon. Encore allows Raichu to force the foe out, allowing it to more easily boost with Nasty Plot.

Set Details
========

252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature are required to outspeed Pokemon such as Ursaring and Rapidash, and maximum Special Attack investment increases Raichu's wallbreaking potential. Life Orb can be used to further increase Raichu's Special Attack, but wears it down, Focus Sash allows Raichu to always live a hit, but is easily broken, and Leftovers provides Raichu with passive recovery, which it may might not have enough bulk to abuse. Lightningrod allows Raichu to set up on opposing Electric-types, while getting a power boost when taking Electric-type moves.

Usage Tips
========

Raichu should be used late-game as a sweeper, after the opposing team is worn down and faster Pokemon are removed, or as a mid-game wallbreaker. It should aim to set up on Pokemon such as Pelipper and Togetic, that is forces out, or on Pokemon that it has Encored into non-attacking moves. If set up, Raichu can still be switched out against a revenge killer, as it has multiple setup opportunities throughout the game. It can also be used throughout the game as a revenge killer.

Team Options
========

Raichu's teammates often depend on its coverage move. (period) For example, if it lacks Focus Blast then Pokemon such as Poliwrath and Machoke should be used in order to take care of Piloswine and Lickilicky, and if lacking Hidden Power Ice, Raichu appreciates Ice-types, such as Regice and Aurorus, (AC) to take care of Ground- and Grass-types. Raichu should be used on offensive teams which carry wallbreakers, such as Heatmor and Stoutland, in order to weaken the opposing walls, and entry hazard users, such as Piloswine and Dwebble, to wear the opposing team down. Fire- and Flying-types, such as Rapidash and Dodrio, beat Grass-types which Raichu has problems getting passed past, and Water- and Grass-types such as Simipour and Victreebel can remove Ground-types which Raichu also hates. Choice Scarf Mr. Mime can provide Healing Wish support to Raichu if it Raichu is worn down from wallbreaking, allowing it Raichu to then sweep, and can revenge kill faster Pokemon. Sticky Web support from Pokemon such as Leavanny and Kricketune slows down faster Pokemon, however Choice Scarf Rotom-F and Dodrio are unaffected and will still outspeed Raichu.

Other Options
########

Raichu has a decent Attack stat and a wide range of physical moves, such as Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Knock Off, and Extreme Speed, however the latter has move illegalities. Knock Off can be used on a specially based set to cripple switch-ins, particularly Roselia. Raichu also has a decent special movepool including moves such as Grass Knot that hits Pokemon such as Piloswine and Golem which Focus Blast already hits, however does not have such a bad accuracy, and Surf also which hits Ground- and Rock-types but is illegal with Lightningrod. Due to its Raichu's high Speed, a Choice Scarf set could be used as a revenge killer, outspeeding every other Choice Scarf user and boosted Pokemon such as Shell Smash Barbaracle, however such a set is weak. (period) and Choice Specs can be used over Life Orb for more power, but Raichu needs the ability to change moves. Raichu can be used on a rain team, if so, with Thunder should be used for increased damage output. Salac Berry combined with Substitute on the Nasty Plot set prevents Raichu from being revenge killed by faster Pokemon and Choice Scarf users.

Checks & Counters
########
space here
**Ground-types**: Ground-type Pokemon such as Piloswine and Golem are immune to Raichu's Electric-type STAB move, and can retaliate back with their Ground-type STAB move or set up entry hazards, but they have to watch out for super effective coverage moves. Stunfisk is a particularly good switch-in as it can easily take super effective Hidden Power Ices.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Torterra and Quilladin can resist Electric, and can deal heavy damage to Raichu with their STAB moves and set up entry hazards, but have to be careful around Hidden Power Ice. Roselia has enough Special Defense, (RC) and recovery to easily take any move from Raichu, and can put it to sleep or use it as entry hazard fodder, and Gogoat can set up with Substitute or Bulk Up.

**Faster Pokemon**: Although Raichu has a high base Speed, Pokemon such as Zebstrika and Floatzel can outspeed it and revenge kill a weakened Raichu, but dislike switching in. Choice Scarf users such as Mr. Mime, Rotom-F, (AC) and Sawsbuck can also outspeed and KO Raichu.

**Priority**: Due to its low bulk, common priorities priority moves such as Dusknoir's Shadow Sneak and Carracosta's Aqua Jet can KO Raichu if weakened, and Mightyena can OHKO Raichu after Stealth Rock damage with Sucker Punch, but has to be careful of Substitute.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Bulky Pokemon such as Hypno and Grumpig can take any hit from Raichu then retaliate back with their attacks or phaze it out. Other specially defensive Pokemon such as Lickilicky can take an unboosted hit, but get KOed by boosted attacks or coverage.

**Passive Damage**: Raichu is greatly worn down by Life Orb recoil and entry hazards, and can easily be revenge killed.

1/2
Thanks for all three checks!! Done this implementing others

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
; however,
warn down worn down

GP 2/2
:p
add remove comment
Overview
########

Raichu's high Speed lets it to outspeed the majority of the metagame, allowing it to become a successful revenge killer. This, along with its high Special Attack, means that Raichu forces a lot of switches, and it can capitalize on that with Volt Switch, as Ground-type Pokemon are deterred from switching in due to Raichu's coverage, including moves such as Focus Blast and Grass Knot. Nasty Plot helps Raichu wallbreak and allows it to sweep, but Raichu is easily revenge killed by Choice Scarf users and priority. It receives competition from other Electric-types; however, it has niches over them such as its superior strength and coverage over Zebstrika and its higher Speed over Electabuzz. Unfortunately, Raichu is not strong enough to break through walls so relies on without a boosting item and team support, its low bulk means that it is easy to revenge kill, as it is OHKOed by moves such as Mightyena's Sucker Punch, and it is easily warn worn down by entry hazards and Life Orb recoil.

Special Attacker
########
ability: Lightning Rod Lightningrod (programmers haven't fixed this yet, so still the old spelling here)

Moves
========

Volt Switch is Raichu's most spammable STAB move(comma) as it provides momentum on switches Raichu forces. Thunderbolt is a stronger STAB move that does not force Raichu to switch out. Focus Blast hits Pokemon such as Golem and Piloswine that are immune to Electric, (comma) such as Golem and Piloswine, (comma) as well as Lickilicky and Regice, but it has low accuracy. It can also hit Ground-types hard if Raichu is not running Hidden Power Ice. Hidden Power Ice hits other Ground-types as well as Grass-types such as Torterra, Jumpluff, and Roselia. Encore can be used to force foes opponents out, allowing Raichu to gain momentum with Volt Switch.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed and a Timid nature allow Raichu to outspeed as much as possible, allowing it to Speed tie with Jumpluff and outspeed everything slower, (did that because you had "__ allows Raichu to __, allowing it to __", aka awkward repetition) and 252 Special Attack EVs increase Raichu's power. Life Orb is the preferred item, which further increases Raichu's damage output. Expert Belt can be used to bluff a Choice item and avoid recoil, however has but running it will result in a noticeable decrease in power. Lightningrod allows Raichu to switch into Electric-type attacks and prevent the use of them in general.

Usage Tips
========

Due to its high Speed, Raichu can be used as a revenge killer, or it can be used to wear down the opposing team with its strong attacks. This means Raichu can be played throughout the battle(comma) as it can perform multiple roles. Raichu should rarely be switched in(comma) as it has low bulk, and instead should come in from Volt Switch or U-turn from teammates or after a KO. It should be careful if switching in on an expected Electric-type attack, as this is easy to predict, and Raichu deters the use of Electric-type attacks with Lightningrod anyway. Volt Switch is its safest move to go for, unless the foe opponent has an Electric immunity, as it allows Raichu to safely switch out and wear down the opposing team while gaining momentum.

Team Options
========

Raichu can create VoltTurn cores with Pokemon such as Ninjask and Flareon, creating momentum by constantly forcing the foe out. Both Pokemon also check Grass-types, and the latter appreciates the removal of Water-types. Entry hazard setters, such as Whirlipede and Golem, wear the opponent's team down further, (comma) as VoltTurn cores continuously force the foe out. Ice-types such as Regice and Aurorus are greatly appreciated(comma) as they can take out Ground- and Grass-type Pokemon, and in return, Raichu beats Water-types. Grass-type Pokemon, such as Roselia and Torterra, can check Ground-types, can set up entry hazards, and enjoy the removal of Flying-types, and Fire-type Pokemon such as Ninetales and Rapidash can beat Grass-types and appreciate the removal of Water-types. Fighting-types such as Poliwrath and Machoke can beat Lickilicky and Regice, while Raichu can get past Flying-types. Entry hazard-removing Pokemon, such as Swanna and Torkoal, are appreciated(comma) as Raichu gets warn worn down from consistently switching out. Due to its offensive presence and low bulk, Raichu fits best on offensive teams.

Nasty Plot
########
move 3: Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ice [Ice]
move 4: Substitute / Encore / Hidden Power Ice [Ice]
ability: Lightning Rod Lightningrod

Moves
========

Nastly Plot boosts Raichu's Special Attack by two stages, providing it with enough power to break through most walls. Thunderbolt is its strongest STAB move, and Focus Blast provides good neutral coverage and is a strong secondary attack, but it has a shaky accuracy. Hidden Power Ice hits Ground- and Grass-type Pokemon super effectively but has, however have a low Base Power. Substitute blocks status and protects Raichu from priority or faster Pokemon. Encore allows helps Raichu to force the foe out, allowing it to more easily boost with Nasty Plot. (repetition of "allows" is kinda ehhh)

Set Details
========

252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature are required to outspeed Pokemon such as Ursaring and Rapidash, and maximum Special Attack investment increases Raichu's wallbreaking potential. Life Orb can be used to further increase Raichu's Special Attack, (remove comma) but wears it down,. (replace comma with period) Focus Sash allows Raichu to always live survive a hit, but it is easily broken, and. (period) Leftovers provides Raichu with passive recovery, but Raichu doesn't really have the bulk to take full advantage of it which it might not have enough bulk to abuse. Lightningrod allows Raichu to set up on opposing Electric-types, while getting and get a power boost when from taking Electric-type moves.

Usage Tips
========

Raichu should be used late-game as a sweeper, after the opposing team is worn down and faster Pokemon are removed, or as a mid-game(space)wallbreaker. It should aim to set up on Pokemon that it forces out, (comma) such as Pelipper and Togetic, that is forces out, or on Pokemon that it has Encored into non-attacking moves. If set up, Raichu can still be switched out against a revenge killer, as it has can find multiple setup opportunities throughout the game. It can also be used throughout the game as a revenge killer.

Team Options
========

The choice of Raichu's teammates often depends on its coverage move. For example, if it lacks Focus Blast(comma) then (The Dutch Plumberjack takes these out, so I'll follow suit ^_^) Pokemon such as Poliwrath and Machoke should be used in order to take care of Piloswine and Lickilicky, and if lacking Hidden Power Ice, Raichu appreciates Ice-types, such as Regice and Aurorus, to take care of Ground- and Grass-types. Raichu should be used on offensive teams which carry wallbreakers, such as Heatmor and Stoutland, in order to weaken the opposing walls, and entry hazard users, such as Piloswine and Dwebble, to wear the opposing team down. Fire- and Flying-types, (see next note) such as Rapidash and Dodrio, (optional remove commas) beat Grass-types(comma) which Raichu has problems getting past, and Water- and Grass-types such as Simipour and Victreebel can remove Ground-types(comma) which Raichu hates. Choice Scarf Mr. Mime can provide Healing Wish support to Raichu if Raichu is worn down from wallbreaking, allowing Raichu to then sweep, and can revenge kill faster Pokemon. Sticky Web support from Pokemon such as Leavanny and Kricketune slows down faster Pokemon, however but Choice Scarf Rotom-F and Dodrio are unaffected and will still outspeed Raichu.

Other Options
########

Raichu has a decent Attack stat and a wide range of physical moves, such as Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Knock Off, and Extreme Speed, however the latter has but running Extreme Speed results in move illegalities. Knock Off can be used on a specially based set to cripple switch-ins, particularly Roselia. Raichu also has a decent special movepool including moves such as Grass Knot, (comma) which that hits Pokemon such as Piloswine and Golem super effectively and has perfect accuracy, so Raichu doesn't have to rely on the inaccurate Focus Blast. (period) which Focus Blast already hits, however does not have such a bad accuracy, and Surf which hits Ground- and Rock-types super effectively but is illegal with Lightningrod. Due to Raichu's high Speed, a Choice Scarf set could be used to let Raichu function as a revenge killer, outspeeding every other Choice Scarf user and boosted Pokemon such as Shell Smash Barbaracle, however but such a set is weak. Choice Specs can be used over Life Orb for more power, but Raichu needs the ability to change moves. Raichu can be used on a rain team with Thunder for increased damage output. Salac Berry combined with Substitute on the Nasty Plot set prevents Raichu from being revenge killed by faster Pokemon and Choice Scarf users.

Checks & Counters
########

**Ground-types**: Ground-type Pokemon such as Piloswine and Golem are immune to Raichu's Electric-type STAB move, (remove comma) and can retaliate back with their Ground-type STAB move or set up entry hazards, but they have to watch out for super effective coverage moves. Stunfisk is a particularly good switch-in(comma) as it can easily take super effective Hidden Power Ices.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Torterra and Quilladin resist Electric, (remove comma) and can deal heavy damage to Raichu with their STAB moves and set up entry hazards, but they have to be careful around Hidden Power Ice. Roselia has enough Special Defense and recovery to easily take any move from Raichu, (remove comma) and can put it to sleep or use it as entry hazard fodder, and Gogoat can set up with Substitute or Bulk Up.

**Faster Pokemon**: Although Raichu has a high base Speed, Pokemon such as Zebstrika and Floatzel can outspeed and revenge kill a weakened Raichu, but they dislike switching in. Choice Scarf users such as Mr. Mime, Rotom-F, and Sawsbuck can also outspeed and KO Raichu.

**Priority**: Due to its Raichu's low bulk, common priority moves such as Dusknoir's Shadow Sneak and Carracosta's Aqua Jet can KO a weakened Raichu if weakened, and(period) Mightyena can OHKO Raichu after Stealth Rock damage with Sucker Punch, but it has to be careful of Substitute.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Bulky Pokemon such as Hypno and Grumpig can take any hit from Raichu then retaliate back with their attacks or phaze it out. Other specially defensive Pokemon such as Lickilicky can take an unboosted hit, but they will get KOed by boosted attacks or coverage moves.

**Passive Damage**: Raichu is greatly worn down by Life Orb recoil and entry hazards, (remove comma) and can easily be revenge killed.

Anty

let's drop
; however,
warn down worn down

GP 2/2 :p
add remove comment
Overview
########

Raichu's high Speed lets it to outspeed the majority of the metagame, allowing it to become a successful revenge killer. This, along with its high Special Attack, means that Raichu forces a lot of switches, and it can capitalize on that with Volt Switch, as Ground-type Pokemon are deterred from switching in due to Raichu's coverage, including moves such as Focus Blast and Grass Knot. Nasty Plot helps Raichu wallbreak and allows it to sweep, but Raichu is easily revenge killed by Choice Scarf users and priority. It receives competition from other Electric-types; however, it has niches over them such as its superior strength and coverage over Zebstrika and its higher Speed over Electabuzz. Unfortunately, Raichu is not strong enough to break through walls so relies on without a boosting item and team support, its low bulk means that it is easy to revenge kill, as it is OHKOed by moves such as Mightyena's Sucker Punch, and it is easily warn worn down by entry hazards and Life Orb recoil.

Special Attacker
########
ability: Lightning Rod Lightningrod (programmers haven't fixed this yet, so still the old spelling here)

Moves
========

Volt Switch is Raichu's most spammable STAB move(comma) as it provides momentum on switches Raichu forces. Thunderbolt is a stronger STAB move that does not force Raichu to switch out. Focus Blast hits Pokemon such as Golem and Piloswine that are immune to Electric, (comma) such as Golem and Piloswine, (comma) as well as Lickilicky and Regice, but it has low accuracy. It can also hit Ground-types hard if Raichu is not running Hidden Power Ice. Hidden Power Ice hits other Ground-types as well as Grass-types such as Torterra, Jumpluff, and Roselia. Encore can be used to force foes opponents out, allowing Raichu to gain momentum with Volt Switch.

Set Details
========

Maximum Speed and a Timid nature allow Raichu to outspeed as much as possible, allowing it to Speed tie with Jumpluff and outspeed everything slower, (did that because you had "__ allows Raichu to __, allowing it to __", aka awkward repetition) and 252 Special Attack EVs increase Raichu's power. Life Orb is the preferred item, which further increases Raichu's damage output. Expert Belt can be used to bluff a Choice item and avoid recoil, however has but running it will result in a noticeable decrease in power. Lightningrod allows Raichu to switch into Electric-type attacks and prevent the use of them in general.

Usage Tips
========

Due to its high Speed, Raichu can be used as a revenge killer, or it can be used to wear down the opposing team with its strong attacks. This means Raichu can be played throughout the battle(comma) as it can perform multiple roles. Raichu should rarely be switched in(comma) as it has low bulk, and instead should come in from Volt Switch or U-turn from teammates or after a KO. It should be careful if switching in on an expected Electric-type attack, as this is easy to predict, and Raichu deters the use of Electric-type attacks with Lightningrod anyway. Volt Switch is its safest move to go for, unless the foe opponent has an Electric immunity, as it allows Raichu to safely switch out and wear down the opposing team while gaining momentum.

Team Options
========

Raichu can create VoltTurn cores with Pokemon such as Ninjask and Flareon, creating momentum by constantly forcing the foe out. Both Pokemon also check Grass-types, and the latter appreciates the removal of Water-types. Entry hazard setters, such as Whirlipede and Golem, wear the opponent's team down further, (comma) as VoltTurn cores continuously force the foe out. Ice-types such as Regice and Aurorus are greatly appreciated(comma) as they can take out Ground- and Grass-type Pokemon, and in return, Raichu beats Water-types. Grass-type Pokemon, such as Roselia and Torterra, can check Ground-types, can set up entry hazards, and enjoy the removal of Flying-types, and Fire-type Pokemon such as Ninetales and Rapidash can beat Grass-types and appreciate the removal of Water-types. Fighting-types such as Poliwrath and Machoke can beat Lickilicky and Regice, while Raichu can get past Flying-types. Entry hazard-removing Pokemon, such as Swanna and Torkoal, are appreciated(comma) as Raichu gets warn worn down from consistently switching out. Due to its offensive presence and low bulk, Raichu fits best on offensive teams.

Nasty Plot
########
move 3: Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ice [Ice]
move 4: Substitute / Encore / Hidden Power Ice [Ice]
ability: Lightning Rod Lightningrod

Moves
========

Nastly Plot boosts Raichu's Special Attack by two stages, providing it with enough power to break through most walls. Thunderbolt is its strongest STAB move, and Focus Blast provides good neutral coverage and is a strong secondary attack, but it has a shaky accuracy. Hidden Power Ice hits Ground- and Grass-type Pokemon super effectively but has, however have a low Base Power. Substitute blocks status and protects Raichu from priority or faster Pokemon. Encore allows helps Raichu to force the foe out, allowing it to more easily boost with Nasty Plot. (repetition of "allows" is kinda ehhh)

Set Details
========

252 Speed EVs and a Timid nature are required to outspeed Pokemon such as Ursaring and Rapidash, and maximum Special Attack investment increases Raichu's wallbreaking potential. Life Orb can be used to further increase Raichu's Special Attack, (remove comma) but wears it down,. (replace comma with period) Focus Sash allows Raichu to always live survive a hit, but it is easily broken, and. (period) Leftovers provides Raichu with passive recovery, but Raichu doesn't really have the bulk to take full advantage of it which it might not have enough bulk to abuse. Lightningrod allows Raichu to set up on opposing Electric-types, while getting and get a power boost when from taking Electric-type moves.

Usage Tips
========

Raichu should be used late-game as a sweeper, after the opposing team is worn down and faster Pokemon are removed, or as a mid-game(space)wallbreaker. It should aim to set up on Pokemon that it forces out, (comma) such as Pelipper and Togetic, that is forces out, or on Pokemon that it has Encored into non-attacking moves. If set up, Raichu can still be switched out against a revenge killer, as it has can find multiple setup opportunities throughout the game. It can also be used throughout the game as a revenge killer.

Team Options
========

The choice of Raichu's teammates often depends on its coverage move. For example, if it lacks Focus Blast(comma) then (The Dutch Plumberjack takes these out, so I'll follow suit ^_^) Pokemon such as Poliwrath and Machoke should be used in order to take care of Piloswine and Lickilicky, and if lacking Hidden Power Ice, Raichu appreciates Ice-types, such as Regice and Aurorus, to take care of Ground- and Grass-types. Raichu should be used on offensive teams which carry wallbreakers, such as Heatmor and Stoutland, in order to weaken the opposing walls, and entry hazard users, such as Piloswine and Dwebble, to wear the opposing team down. Fire- and Flying-types, (see next note) such as Rapidash and Dodrio, (optional remove commas) beat Grass-types(comma) which Raichu has problems getting past, and Water- and Grass-types such as Simipour and Victreebel can remove Ground-types(comma) which Raichu hates. Choice Scarf Mr. Mime can provide Healing Wish support to Raichu if Raichu is worn down from wallbreaking, allowing Raichu to then sweep, and can revenge kill faster Pokemon. Sticky Web support from Pokemon such as Leavanny and Kricketune slows down faster Pokemon, however but Choice Scarf Rotom-F and Dodrio are unaffected and will still outspeed Raichu.

Other Options
########

Raichu has a decent Attack stat and a wide range of physical moves, such as Volt Tackle, Iron Tail, Knock Off, and Extreme Speed, however the latter has but running Extreme Speed results in move illegalities. Knock Off can be used on a specially based set to cripple switch-ins, particularly Roselia. Raichu also has a decent special movepool including moves such as Grass Knot, (comma) which that hits Pokemon such as Piloswine and Golem super effectively and has perfect accuracy, so Raichu doesn't have to rely on the inaccurate Focus Blast. (period) which Focus Blast already hits, however does not have such a bad accuracy, and Surf which hits Ground- and Rock-types super effectively but is illegal with Lightningrod. Due to Raichu's high Speed, a Choice Scarf set could be used to let Raichu function as a revenge killer, outspeeding every other Choice Scarf user and boosted Pokemon such as Shell Smash Barbaracle, however but such a set is weak. Choice Specs can be used over Life Orb for more power, but Raichu needs the ability to change moves. Raichu can be used on a rain team with Thunder for increased damage output. Salac Berry combined with Substitute on the Nasty Plot set prevents Raichu from being revenge killed by faster Pokemon and Choice Scarf users.

Checks & Counters
########

**Ground-types**: Ground-type Pokemon such as Piloswine and Golem are immune to Raichu's Electric-type STAB move, (remove comma) and can retaliate back with their Ground-type STAB move or set up entry hazards, but they have to watch out for super effective coverage moves. Stunfisk is a particularly good switch-in(comma) as it can easily take super effective Hidden Power Ices.

**Grass-types**: Grass-types such as Torterra and Quilladin resist Electric, (remove comma) and can deal heavy damage to Raichu with their STAB moves and set up entry hazards, but they have to be careful around Hidden Power Ice. Roselia has enough Special Defense and recovery to easily take any move from Raichu, (remove comma) and can put it to sleep or use it as entry hazard fodder, and Gogoat can set up with Substitute or Bulk Up.

**Priority**: Due to its Raichu's low bulk, common priority moves such as Dusknoir's Shadow Sneak and Carracosta's Aqua Jet can KO a weakened Raichu if weakened, and(period) Mightyena can OHKO Raichu after Stealth Rock damage with Sucker Punch, but it has to be careful of Substitute.

**Specially Defensive Pokemon**: Bulky Pokemon such as Hypno and Grumpig can take any hit from Raichu then retaliate back with their attacks or phaze it out. Other specially defensive Pokemon such as Lickilicky can take an unboosted hit, but they will get KOed by boosted attacks or coverage moves.

**Passive Damage**: Raichu is greatly worn down by Life Orb recoil and entry hazards, (remove comma) and can easily be revenge killed.
Thanks for the check! I never get the warn thing correct but i thought i had got the hand of however

this is done :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)