Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

1) If you breed a Pokemon with that Ditto, it is illegitimate. This is because it will have good IVs only because of that hacked parent.

2) No. Poliwhirl's stats will change to match Politoed's base stats once it evolves.
BUT, can anyone tell or is it strictly a moral issue?
Also thanks for the quick response ive been waiting all day to level these up with the fear of them not being competitive later on lol!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
BUT, can anyone tell or is it strictly a moral issue?
Also thanks for the quick response ive been waiting all day to level these up with the fear of them not being competitive later on lol!
I don't think you can tell if a Pokemon has been bred from a hacked Pokemon. I think it is a moral issue. But still, cheating is cheating. I wouldn't do it. :/

question... where do you get those fancy ORAS pokemon sprites? i've been looking for pictures so i can post a RMT but i want it neat... so yeah where do you get those sprites?

Patolegend!

Fan of 1000 Arrow 'Slash
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If I think I qualify for a badge, (i.e. TC), how do I apply for it? I've checked out this but it only says what you need to qualify for it, not what to do when you do.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
If I think I qualify for a badge, (i.e. TC), how do I apply for it? I've checked out http://www.smogon.com/badge_faq but it only says what you need to qualify for it, not what to do when you do.
If you have 4 points and posts to support them, you will either be nominated for the badge or PM one of the tier leaders to confirm that your votes are good to go.
Note that LC votes count as .5 and other suspects are 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

QueBien

Also how do link your posts in words
Double click to highlight the word, then click the little "chainlink" icon next to the orientation icon in the toolbar. Then, enter the URL you'd like the word to link to, and click insert. Post your reply, and your URL should show up.

QueBien

Double click to highlight the word, then click the little "chainlink" icon next to the orientation icon in the toolbar. Then, enter the URL you'd like the word to link to, and click insert. Post your reply, and your URL should show up.
Here're some screenshots to help.
Highlight the word:

Click the chainlink icon:

Insert your link and click insert:

Hit post and voila!
URL

Hi, in some ¨are these IVs good for this legendary¨ i sometimes see that a certain Iv for HP is a ¨Life Orb number¨. what exactly are Life orb numbers, and whats their purpose?

Hi, in some ¨are these IVs good for this legendary¨ i sometimes see that a certain Iv for HP is a ¨Life Orb number¨. what exactly are Life orb numbers, and whats their purpose?
The basic idea is that because you lose 10% of your HP each turn when using Life Orb, you set up your IVs/EVs to end up with a number that is slightly above/non-divisible by 10. The result is that, hazard damage/taking damage from attacks not withstanding, you get 1 extra hit out of your Life Orb. This thread goes into a little bit more detail regarding this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/magic-number-of-hp.3456308/

The basic idea is that because you lose 10% of your HP each turn when using Life Orb, you set up your IVs/EVs to end up with a number that is slightly above/non-divisible by 10. The result is that, hazard damage/taking damage from attacks not withstanding, you get 1 extra hit out of your Life Orb. This thread goes into a little bit more detail regarding this: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/magic-number-of-hp.3456308/
Ok, thanks.
EDIT - isn't there a new link for the smogon battle calculator? If so, can someone tell me what it is?

I've been looking around for a while now and I haven't been able to find any gen 6/ mega sprites and I found the pokedex here and wanted to know if I was allowed to use them on a project if I credit smogon.

I've been looking around for a while now and I haven't been able to find any gen 6/ mega sprites and I found the pokedex here and wanted to know if I was allowed to use them on a project if I credit smogon.
Well the sprites are all here: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/
Pretty sure they're fine with you using them on a project no problem, technically considering they're ripped from the actual games anyway, but if someone could confirm this that would be great.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Well the sprites are all here: http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/xyani/
Pretty sure they're fine with you using them on a project no problem, technically considering they're ripped from the actual games anyway, but if someone could confirm this that would be great.
Since the person using them didn't rip them, credit is needed for both Smogon (whoever the ripper happened to be) and the developers of the games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)