Torkoal (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Yawn
- Sunny Day

The main reason that I put a torkoal on my team is because I needed a spinner and hazard setter. Its holding a Focus Sash is so that it can take a hit and still setup rocks. This guy is manly my setup and is not supposed to cause damage hence the 252 Def/252 SpD.

Leavanny (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Synthesis
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade

One of the Two hard hitters on my team, I picked Leavanny because I had one in game and it did pretty good, so i decided to have one on my team. Like I said one of my hard hitters and if it sets up right I can almost sweep a team. so it comes in subs up and swords dances and sweeps with leaf blade, Synthsising when low on HP.

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Wild Charge
- Substitute

My Other hard hitter with some what decent defense,that can take a hit. The reason that I have Klinklang is the same reason as leavanny,it did well so I put it on my team. This is a pretty basic set for klinglang, it subs then Shift gears twice, then spam Gear Grind, Wild Charge those who resist Gear Grind.

Lapras @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Freeze-Dry
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Shard

I needed something that could counter Fire types as they take out half my team so I decided on a lapras because it seemed like a good choice. It also takes care of water threats to torkoal with Freeze-Dry as well as Thunderbolt to take care of flying types that threaten leavanny. The 252 Spe EVs so that hopefully it can out-speed something.

Victreebel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Solar Beam
- Weather Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Ingrain

Should lapras die out quickly then I have Victreebel to deal with torkoals water weakness.If torkoal has a chance to setup sunny day then this becomes one of the strongest and fastest on my team by spamming Solar Beam with its abilty. Ingrain mixed with Black Sludge gets me healing quickly,but prevents switching out of fire and flying types.

Musharna @ Lax Incense
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Nightmare
- Shadow Ball

Probably the weakest link on my team, the reason that I chose Musharna is that I had an empty space on my team and I needed cannon fodder for a clean switch if it should come to that. The set sort explains its self but its a dream set, Hypnosis then Nightmare and after that spam Dream Eater I decided that sense Musharna is not very good with its defense That I should give it a Lax Incense so a to make it harder to hit.​

Last edited:
Interesting stuff you have here, if I may make a few suggestions:

1). While your leavanny set is definately unique, I would strongly recommending dropping substitute for sticky webs and putting a focus sash on it. sub and life orb make it way too frail and webs make some nice support for Lapras and Klingklang.

2). Hypnosis dream eater is a dreamers combo, and it may work from time to time but it's really unreliable, I'd suggest something more like
Moonlight
Calm Mind
Psyshock
Dazzling Gleam.

That being said, the element of surprise is huge, and if that set is working for you roll with it!

3). Ingrain is more for Baton passing or a bulky mon. If I were you I'd put something like lava plume on Torkoal, give Victreebel sunny day and a heat rock in place of ingrain and black sludge.

4). this is more of a food for thought than a suggestion because I like lapras as an As. vester. But Dragon Dance Lapras in NU is a huge threat.

Hope any of that helped!

Could you give a description about the pokemon so we can properly rate it?
Also, please read the RMT rules and edit this page before it gets locked.

WhiteDMist

Path>Goal
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Welcome to Smogon sub_terra ! I would take a minute and suggest you head over to Battling 101 and the Smogon Intro Hub and get acquainted with Smogon. I would also suggest reading the RMT Rules before making a RMT. You lack any description for your team and this will likely get locked by a RMT moderator soon if you don't correct that. Adding stuff like: why you chose a Pokemon, moveset, or EV spread, and what kind of team you are trying to make are just a couple of useful things that helps raters. I don't play NU or rate teams anymore, but this team has fundamental problems that need to be addressed before anything else happens.

Even without descriptions, I must say that this team is rather gimmicky. You seem to be focusing a bit around Sun, but lack any real strategy that either takes advantage of Sun's benefits or the actual advantages of the Pokemon you have chosen. Torkoal really wants Leftovers and HP investment, Leavanny is pretty terrible without Sticky Web and Knock Off (probably a Jolly Nature as well), Return is usually better on Klingklang than Wild Charge, Lapras would prefer the 4 HP EVs moved to one of its Defenses so that it can switch into Stealth Rock 4 times at most, Victreebel wants Life Orb, detests Ingrain trapping it, and wants Sleep Powder and a Modest nature, and Musharna wants its standard CM or pivot set as Hypnosis/Dream Eater/Nightmare is a terrible combo for real life battles as no one is stupid enough to leave in a sleeping Pokemon for a long time.

No matter what happens, don't be discouraged. I suggest heading on over to the Neverused forum, with many of your questions being asked in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)