Project OU Theorymon [Voting: Check Post #3272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roost Mantine

Remember all that Mantine bashing that I did back in the OU Viability Ranking thread and the analysis index thread? Yeah, well, I would gladly eat my words if this thing got Roost. The single biggest problem I see with Mantine is just that it relies on RestTalk for its recovery. At that point, you might as well use Gyarados and another, better Defogger. In fact, if I'm not mistaken, every viable OU Defogger has reliable recovery, and Mantine does not. Roost changes all this. Now that it doesn't have to worry about getting 3HKOed, it can actually be a great answer to things like Keldeo, Charizard Y, and the ever dangerous Landorus in a way that it couldn't before. Plus, it Defogs as well, which gives it another edge over competitor Gyarados. It wouldn't jump to the top of the viability rankings any time soon, but Roost Mantine would be a pretty cool defensive Pokemon.

As for the others, Poison Heal Gastrodon sounds pretty neat, and Dragon Dance Krookodile is also an interesting idea. Drought Typhlosion's Eruption just sounds disgusting though, no thanks.

Mantine - While it is certainly good, you could probably give any bulky pokemon a recovery move and call it a day. Also, do really need ANOTHER bulky water. This is honestly, quite bland to me.
Krookodile - Krookodile is simply, such a unique dragon dancer. It has decent stab coverage (hydreigon says hi though), two excellent abilites which allow it to sweep easier or set up easier. Cool cleaner.
Gastrodon - Annoying bulky mon, looks decent. Poison heal is a cheap ability so yeah...
Typholsion - not a fan of sun pokemon (hated the play style since gen 5) so I automatically don't like this.
Anyway, between gastrodon and krookodile I have to say Krookodile + Dragon Dance because we need better non mega dragon dancers.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
post 1640 in the thread feels special so i'll be using a slightly different tone than the gentleman i am, please do pardon me. thank you.
damn you noobs with your silly campaigns yk it ain't gonna work when krook(read: salemance) has insider connection to rig em votes
was gonna reply to all the slogans but they be on the prev page and effort to c/p js they all b lying, mean cmon that mantaray poster had azu spitting on it, it's a special atk for god's sake. nice huge power water gun azu you got there to help with the campaign. Valmanway it looks like squirtle wore a red cap, krook went mexican, mantaray ate a fish, and slimy had toxic orb+storm drain.
Krookodile+Dragon Dance it is im hostile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)