Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

MegaOmegaDialga

Banned deucer.
Ive heard this tossed around alot but, what the hell is a "server."? What does it do, why does it have to restartt? what does making it restart do?

Ive heard this tossed around alot but, what the hell is a "server."? What does it do, why does it have to restartt? what does making it restart do?
What is server?
A server is a software program, or the computer on which that program runs, that provides a specific kind of service to client software running on the same computer or other computers on a network.
Why does it restart?
In order to implement new features, to solve bugs or to get rid of lag, the server needs to restart time to time. Don't worry, the server restarts once most battles have ended and new battles are prevented from starting. The restart itself lasts for just 0.4 seconds. When the server is about to restart, you will see a red box pop out into every chat room of that specific server stating that the server is about to restart.
FAQ for Pokemon Showdown: http://www.smogon.com/sim/faq
Hope this helps =]

Well I was looking and there's nota single moveset for cascoon. Well now.......
what's the deal showdown? More cascoon bias
There're a lot of Pokemon who don't have movesets because people don't bother writing analyses for them, especially for NFE pokemon.

Mixed Wall
##########
name: Mixed Wall
move 1: Bug Bite
move 2: Iron Defense
move 3: Electroweb / String Shot
move 4: Poison Sting
ability: Shed Skin
item: Eviolite
evs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
nature: Sassy

WIP
Haha! I would never use that. It's possible but a terrible "wall."

I'm fairly new to this thing, and am aware this question was probably answered before. However, multiple searches give me results with the same tags but no explicit answer. So can someone clarify:

Do the battles on Pokemon Showdown! use pokemon at level 100 or at level 50?

I'm fairly new to this thing, and am aware this question was probably answered before. However, multiple searches give me results with the same tags but no explicit answer. So can someone clarify:

Do the battles on Pokemon Showdown! use Pokemon at level 100 or at level 50?
Depends on the tier. For example, tiers like Random Battle or Challenge Cup set the levels for certain Pokemon high or low for Pokemon balance, LC is level 5, VGC is set to level 50, etc. MOST tiers are usually level 100. You can also edit the levels of your Pokemon in most tiers as long as it doesn't exceed the tier's cap.

Me and my brother both play Pokemon Showdown. We want to find each other so we can play against one another. However, even if we press "find match" at the exact same time, we can never find eachother. Is there any way to battle one certain person?

Hi, I have a script and I want to add it to my PS server. I'm testing in a local server, I just have copied the file in the server folder but the server doesn't recognize any of the new commands, do I have to do something more in order to get the script to work?

Hello!

My account is now a week old (this is my new one) and I have won multiple ladder matches, when will I be auto confirmed?

I am also unable to see Mega/Primal/Alternate form sprites, so when will that be fixed too? I have lost matches because I didn't know who was dead and who was alive, so I did things with the wrong Pokemon and got shut down.

Last question! In Balanced Hackmons, I use a Normalize Arceus-Ghost and it knows Entrainment, but when I use Entrainment, I am not immune to them... Anyone know why?

Last edited:

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hello!

My account is now a week old (this is my new one) and I have won multiple ladder matches, when will I be auto confirmed?

I am also unable to see Mega/Primal/Alternate form sprites, so when will that be fixed too? I have lost matches because I didn't know who was dead and who was alive, so I did things with the wrong Pokemon and got shut down.

Last question! In Balanced Hackmons, I use a Normalize Arceus-Ghost and it knows Entrainment, but when I use Entrainment, I am not immune to them... Anyone know why?
Since you have won one rated battle and have had an account for a week+, you should be autoconfirmed.

The Mega/Primal/Alternate form sprites happened to me, too. It's probably just your browser; maybe after enough time they'll start to show up, like they did for me.

What item is your Arceus-Ghost holding? If it's not a spooky plate, then Arceus isn't a ghost type, which is why Entrainment would still work on it.

Hello. I frequently use PS on my iPhone through Safari. So can someone explain to me the message that says "Due to spam, you can't chat right now using this phone carrier"? I only ask because sometimes it locks me and sometimes it doesn't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)