ORAS OU Why be a King when you can be a God?

The Team

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
The Pokèmon> Decent bulk allows it to set up a Dragon Dance, with a Jolly nature and 224EVs in Speed it can outspeed 135 positive nature Pokèmons like MegaLopunny etc. Unfortunately its ability isn't really that helpful apart Waterfall that gets a really nice boost. Plus its coverage isn't that good mainly 'cause one slot is for Dragon Dance, another one is for Waterfall and the last two are for Superpower (In order to do heavy damages to Ferrothorn) and Aqua Jet / Ice Punch. Aqua Jet is a nice priority which lets you less exposed to revenge killer like Talonflame while Ice Punch increase its coverage letting it to hit Pokèmons like Bulky Grass types and Dragon types which otherwise will easily check / counter you.

The Moves>
  • Dragon Dance: Preferred to Swords Dance just because it boost both the Attack and the Speed making Feraligatr a bit more threatening.
  • Waterfall: Main STAB move. It gets boosted by Sheer Force increasing its power.
  • Ice Punch: Ice Punch is an excellent answer to Bulky Grass types like Celebi and bulky Dragon types like MegaAltaria that otherwise would counter you.
  • Superpower: Does heavy damages to Ferrothorn even without the Life Orb. Plus it hits Keldeo for good damages 'cause it will be tempted to enter on it 'cause it's a water type and Feraligatr has some troubles with them.
EVs Spread> It's a really simple EVs spread. Max Atk is pretty obvious. 224EVs in Speed and a Jolly Nature let it outspeed 135 base Pokèmons at +1. 32EVs in HP for """bulk""" plus it gets one extra HP per turn if it has the Leftovers.

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Protect
The Pokèmon> It's a simple Ferrothorn, nothing much to say. It's main job is to take Draco Meteors from the Latwins and basically everything that isn't a Fire move. It has an amazing bulk but it has to do many things so another Pokèmon that can help him taking hits is very appreciated in order to keep it healthy. I suggest to give to it a Shed Shell in order to don't get trapped by the likes of Magnezone. Luckily there's MegaCharizard-X that can be a good Knock Off absorber but you should always be careful.

The Moves>
  • Stealth Rock: Indispensable Entry Hazard. Stealth Rocks transforms 2HKOs in OHKOs and 3HKOs in 2HKOs.
  • Protect: Another utility move. It lets you scout and stall with Leech Seeds.
  • Leech Seed: Basically they are its only way to recover some health. Just spread them on your opponent Pokèmons.
  • Power Whip: Preferred to Gyro Ball 'cause this core has problems with Bulky Water types.
EVs Spread> Nothing much to say here. It's the standard EVs spread for Ferrothorn in OU.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
The Pokèmon> Good bulk, reliable recovery and really nice typing. It's easy to get why this thing is a beast and a fantastic teammate for Feraligatr and Ferrothorn. Basically MegaManectric and Azumarill demolish Ferrothorn + Feraligatr and that's why I putted it with them. It's the second dragon dancer of the core because it would have been a waste not using it as a Dragon Dance user. Keep in mind that this beast beats MegaScizor that otherwise would counter Fera+Thorn. Oh, almost forgot Rotom-W. It can't do really much against MegaCharizard-X. This thing also helps Ferrothorn 'cause it's a Knock Off absorber.

The Moves>
  • Dragon Dance: How to sweep. Good bulk and Roost turn it into a behemoth. Don't fuck with ZardX or you'll get Flare Blitz'd
  • Roost: Reliable recovery that maximize its staying power.
  • Dragon Claw: As simple as devastating.
  • Flare Blitz: Really needed Fire move. Hits like a nuke butttt you already know it, I hope.
EVs Spread> 140EVs in Speed and Jolly nature let it outspeed 135 base Speed Pokèmons at +1. 248EVs in HP increase its bulk. The remaining 120EVs are for the Atk.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog
The Pokèmon> Nice bulk, good speed and decent firepower make of Latias one of the best defoggers in OU in this moment. Latias' here 'cause the main core have problems against Keldeo that can easily break through them. I really needed a defogger/spinner on my team 'cause both Feraligatr and Charizard-X have problems with Entry Hazards.

The Moves>
  • Recover: Reliable recovery that maximize its staying power.
  • Defog: Essential utility move in order to keep Charizard alive.
  • Draco Meteor: Primary stab move, does great damage to everything that's unresisted.
  • Psyshock: Secondary stab move that mainly hits Fairy types.
EVs Spread> Max speed to outspeed many things as possible, 72EVs in HP to tank 2 Hidden Power Ice from Thundurus-T and 184EVs in SpA for maximum damage.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave
- Trick
The Pokèmon> Great speed and stab moves make of this thing a really threatening Pokèmon. I've choosen Choice Scarf over Life Orb 'cause my Team needed some more Speed and 'cause in this way I can kill Landorus-T. Though it hasn't got the Life Orb this thing hits for a really good damage Fairies like Azumarill, MegaAltaria and Clefable that otherwise would threat a bit my Team.

The Moves>
  • Shadow Ball: Primary stab move hits almost everything x1 for a really good damage.
  • Hidden Power [Ice]: Hidden Power Ice is there only for Landorus-Therian.
  • Sludge Wave: Secondary stab move that hits mostly Fairy types like MegaAltaria.
  • Trick: Utility move against statuppers and Stall Teams.
EVs Spread> Well, nothing to say I suppose.

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic
The Pokèmon> This thing, lol. Tanks Hyper Voice from MegaAltaria and helps Ferrothorn taking some hits for him thanks to its incredible bulk. Even if it may not seem this thing tanks almost every hit from strong special attackers like the Latwins from strong physical attackes like Landorus-T. It can be excanged for Slowbro, but you must be careful if facing a MegaAltaria 'cause the only way you'll have to not be destroyed is to not Mega evolve Charizard. So yeah, watch out. This thing also takes on MegaMetagross taking a really low damage even from Grass Knot.

The Moves>
  • Fire Blast: Hits for excellent damage things like Ferrothorn so yeah, it's work is appreciated from Feraligatr.
  • Scald: It's Scald.
  • Slack Off: Great recovery move that allows him to hang on for a long while.
  • Toxic: Slowking walls MegaAltaria but it can do anything to that fluffy thing. That's why I putted Toxic. Toxic ruins MegaAltaria's staying power making of it a less significant problem.
EVs Spread> Max HP is pretty obvious. It has enough SpD to tank two Draco Meteors from Latios while a Bold Nature + 164EVs in Def let him survive almost every single physical attack.

Threat list

Gengar hits everything very hard so you must be really careful while facing it trying not to let it to switch in.

Sand Rush Excadrill is a problem. Ferrothorn isn't enough and that thing hits like a truck. Replacing Slowking with Slowbro Excadrill will be a minor problem but you'll have to watch out for SpecialMegaAltaria.

BandTalonflame is a real pain. Nothing can really deal with Brave Bird. Luckily this set is almost vanished so it's not a real problem. Though you can switch Slowking for a Slowbro. In this way BandTalonflame isn't no more a real problem but you'll have to watch out for SpecialMegaAltaria. Luckily there's Charizard in this Team, so you can just not mega evolve it to counter the fluffy dragon.

BandAzumarill hits really hard. I have Ferrothorn but that thing carries Superpower so it's not a good switch in at all if you haven't seen its movepool. Luckily it hasn't many switch ins and with some good predictions you can take deal with it.

ETT

Feraligatr @ Leftovers
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 88 Def / 172 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Protect

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Atk / 140 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sludge Wave
- Trick

Slowking @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Last edited:
So I played with your team a bit. First thing I noticed was that Bisharp just loves coming in on half your team. It'll then either precede to knock off, swords dance, or pursuit trap gengar/latias/slowking. I figure you are using ZardX as your Bisharp check. Personally I wasn't a fan. Wasn't really a fan of this team really so I made some major changes to what I perceived as major threats; Gyarados and Bisharp.

First off Manectric over ZardX. Mega Manectric immediate threatens out Gyarados with Intimidate, out speeding, volt switch and thunderbolt. Plus it takes a +2 Gyarados to outspeed Manectric. If Gyarados is at +2 its gg anyways so I don't think speed is that big of an issue.

The second change I made was swapping out Slowking for AV Conkeldurr. This is going off of the Bisharp weakness. While I liked Slowking eating up Dracos, any DDer could come in and DD up for practically free. If this happens you are kinda fucked. At least with Conkeldurr you have a nice Pivot that counters Bisharp and scares out the likes of the Lati twins. Plus dat knock off spam. The lack of reliable recover hurt though so I made my last major change.

The third change I was adding in defensive lando over Ferrothorn. While I'm a huge fan of using Ferrothorn, I don't think you team is suited for it. Ferrothorn is a huge momentum killer and you kinda need a lot of that for a DD on Gator.

One minor change I made was focus blast over hp ice on Gengar and Destiny Bond over trick. With a volt turn core, this seemed like a nice last ditch fuck you. I know I practically completely changed your team but I personally couldn't see a way of getting over subDDmegaDos without a major overhaul. So again I made these changes specificly to give momentum to Gator in voltturn and better handling Bipsharp/Gyarados.

I would like to give some advice about feraligatr, as I have been using it quite a bit in ou recently. This advice really depends on if you ultimately decide to run ice punch or aqua jet, and that advice would be to run life orb. Life orb recoil is negated by sheer force, and if you run superpower/ice punch as your coverage, it would only hinder superpower, but allows you to out-damage mega gyarados with waterfall. However, if you run aqua jet, leftovers might still be a better option, but you might miss the LO power. Just my two cents, and nice gatr team!

The main problem is that Superpower is there mainly for Ferrothorn. Without the Leftovers it will go down in a few turns 'cause it's SR weak, Superpower doesn't get boosted by Sheer Force and there's Iron Barbs recoil too.

Last edited:
Yo, great team friend! When playing with it I did notice how Feraligatr is way too many times sitting duck against the likes of the Latwins, Slowbro, Celebi, etc., it lacks decent recovery and suffers hazards quite a lot. The problem is you have an hard time eliminating said Pokémons, as even though you have good switch-ins the team itself does not threaten them enough. Another problem I noticed is hazards, as Latias can't come in to defog too many times, and good offensive pressure from the likes of a VoltTurn core forces you to switch taking continuous damage, hindering Gator and Zard. A good solution could be implementing a VoltTurn core of your own, so that you can gain momentum (a huge flaw of the team is being momentum-less) and apply offensive pressure forcing switches, having an easier time in wearing down the opponent's answers to Zard/Gator and finding opportunities to Defog or set up with either one of your sweepers. I'll think more about possible solution laters... Good job and keep working!

P.S.: l2padania u n00b

So I played with your team a bit. First thing I noticed was that Bisharp just loves coming in on half your team. It'll then either precede to knock off, swords dance, or pursuit trap gengar/latias/slowking. I figure you are using ZardX as your Bisharp check. Personally I wasn't a fan. Wasn't really a fan of this team really so I made some major changes to what I perceived as major threats; Gyarados and Bisharp.

First off Manectric over ZardX. Mega Manectric immediate threatens out Gyarados with Intimidate, out speeding, volt switch and thunderbolt. Plus it takes a +2 Gyarados to outspeed Manectric. If Gyarados is at +2 its gg anyways so I don't think speed is that big of an issue.

The second change I made was swapping out Slowking for AV Conkeldurr. This is going off of the Bisharp weakness. While I liked Slowking eating up Dracos, any DDer could come in and DD up for practically free. If this happens you are kinda fucked. At least with Conkeldurr you have a nice Pivot that counters Bisharp and scares out the likes of the Lati twins. Plus dat knock off spam. The lack of reliable recover hurt though so I made my last major change.

The third change I was adding in defensive lando over Ferrothorn. While I'm a huge fan of using Ferrothorn, I don't think you team is suited for it. Ferrothorn is a huge momentum killer and you kinda need a lot of that for a DD on Gator.

One minor change I made was focus blast over hp ice on Gengar and Destiny Bond over trick. With a volt turn core, this seemed like a nice last ditch fuck you. I know I practically completely changed your team but I personally couldn't see a way of getting over subDDmegaDos without a major overhaul. So again I made these changes specificly to give momentum to Gator in voltturn and better handling Bipsharp/Gyarados.
Nice changings. Now the Team is weak to Latwins, almost every Fairy can come in and kill something (Thanks to Conkeldurr if you aren't using Poison Jab. Please don't. Don't even use Conkeldurr.) and to Bisharp (Cokeldurr is a check and not one of the best tbh, Manectric and Landorus form an Intimidate core which is nice for Bisharp). So you've pretty fucked up the entire Team.

Just saying that MegaGyara is a bit of a problem but I've got Power Whip on Ferrothorn soooo I'm not worried at all. Bisharp has two counters; Ferrothorn and MegaCharizard-X and only two safe switch in; Latias and Gengar.

I <3 Sheer Force Feraligatr

Pretty solid team.

I Don't played well with it but i can see:

You need Assalt vest Slowking

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpA / 96 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail / Psychic / Psyshock /
- Ice Beam

Your team is really weak to Sp.Def Side. Like you said, Gengar and Special Altaria can be a real threat. I Will try to Play with your team to see if i can rate better, but i don't have so mutch time to do it

I <3 Sheer Force Feraligatr

Pretty solid team.

I Don't played well with it but i can see:

You need Assalt vest Slowking

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 164 SpA / 96 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail / Psychic / Psyshock /
- Ice Beam

Your team is really weak to Sp.Def Side. Like you said, Gengar and Special Altaria can be a real threat. I Will try to Play with your team to see if i can rate better, but i don't have so mutch time to do it
The Assault Vest isn't really needed. Now I'll explain you why.
First of all with that set Slowking won't take strong physical hits at all plus that set lacks a recovery move that ensure it to stay alive during the match for a long time.

Now I'll show you some calcs with my spread:
252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 96 SpD Slowking: 234-277 (59.5 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-2 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 96 SpD Slowking: 117-138 (29.7 - 35.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
If you do some calcs you'll se that two consecutive Draco Meteors won't take it down so you can eat up the second and recover your health with Slack Off.
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 96 SpD Slowking: 157-186 (39.9 - 47.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Easily tanked.
252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 164+ Def Slowking: 156-184 (39.6 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Bruh.
252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 164+ Def Slowking: 160-190 (40.7 - 48.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Another strong physical hit easily tanked.
0 SpA Tough Claws Mega Metagross Grass Knot (80 BP) vs. 248 HP / 96 SpD Slowking: 136-160 (34.6 - 40.7%) -- 51.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Eated up
252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 248 HP / 96 SpD Slowking: 153-181 (38.9 - 46%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
If you want to preserve Ferrothorn this thing can easily deal with Diancie.

So, basically I can take the same special attackers BUT I can also deal with strong physical attackers and I also have got access to a recovery move and Toxic to stall with.

I think you should try a type of SDef Gliscor over Slowking:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Toxic / Swords Dance
Knock off is mainly for Gengar, but it also hits Celebi and Lati@s hard (Celebi can be surprisingly annoying since Thunder Wave cripples your best switch ins). Meanwhile Toxic cripples Mega Altaria (Earthquake won't 2HKO) and all of the bulky waters that Gliscor lures in, while Swords Dance is an alternate way to deal with Altaria that also does better vs Celebi, Clefable, and Mega Sableye.

Anyway, Gliscor tanks some hits...you'll have to be careful to keep it healthy in a lot of these cases though:

252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 162-192 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal
192+ Atk Pixilate Mega Altaria Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 168-198 (47.4 - 55.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

252+ Atk Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 139-165 (39.2 - 46.6%) -- 83.5% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 157-187 (44.3 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 148-175 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 97-115 (27.4 - 32.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Poison Heal

252 SpA Mega Diancie Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 157-186 (44.3 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

252 Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 142-168 (40.1 - 47.4%) -- 94.6% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

Meanwhile, you do lose a switchin to a couple of pokemon, but at least they can't switch in on your Gliscor very easily:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Gliscor: 239-282 (67.5 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Gliscor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 160-190 (53.5 - 63.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tough Claws Mega Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Gliscor: 175-207 (49.4 - 58.4%) -- 12.5% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
0 Atk Gliscor Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross: 162-192 (53.8 - 63.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Smogon Banhammer vs 0 HP / 0- Def Mega Metagross -- you can still hope

If Gliscor doesn't work out, change Slowking to specially defensive Slowbro. It's a minor change, but there is literally no drawback to it:

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Toxic

This gives you 1 more HP and 1 more Defense point at the low cost of absolutely nothing. (Don't worry that you have an even number of HP, what really counts is if your HP is divisible by 8 for a rock-neutral pokemon, and 394 is not divisible by 8.) Also I added the 0 Atk IV to minimize foul play and confusion damage.

Gliscor has could been a good Pokèmon for this Team but I have to consider something:
1. I will lose my water type. "But you have Feraligatr!", yes I do but Feraligatr mainly sits on a bench for all the match waiting for late game where once its counters and checks are weakened/eliminated it can procede to clean the opposing Team.
2. BandAzumarill will become a real threat. "But you have Ferrothorn!", yes I do but BandAzumarill almost always carries Superpower with him. Luckily its only switch in is Feraligatr so as explained before it's fine by me 'cause it will enter only during the late game if needed. Don't misunderstand, BandAzumarill is still a threat and maybe I'll add it in the Threat List but i can somehow deal with it if I get some good switch ins.

As I said Slowking can be switched for Slowbro. Though a Defensive Slowbro could be better than a SDefensive one simply 'cause it will resolve two problems; SandRush Excadrill and BandTalonflame but at this point MegaAltaria transforms in a real threat for my Team. The only way I have to deal with it is not to Mega Evolve Charizard. In this way Special MegaAltaria becomes setup field for it -Charizard- so even if problematic I can deal with Altaria and even turn it in setup field for Charizard.

As I said Slowking can be switched for Slowbro. Though a Defensive Slowbro could be better than a SDefensive one simply 'cause it will resolve two problems; SandRush Excadrill and BandTalonflame but at this point MegaAltaria transforms in a real threat for my Team. The only way I have to deal with it is not to Mega Evolve Charizard. In this way Special MegaAltaria becomes setup field for it -Charizard- so even if problematic I can deal with Altaria and even turn it in setup field for Charizard.
What I meant is that SDef Slowbro is strictly better than the PDef Slowking you have. If you put a Slowbro with EV Spread 248 HP / 16 Def / 236 SpD and Calm into the teambuilder, and compare it to your Slowking, you'll see that they have the exact same stats, but Slowbro has 8 EVs left over.

So my suggestion of SDef Slowbro > Slowking was simply because you get 8 free EVs out of it. SDef Slowbro checks the exact same threats as Slowking does, but with a free stats boost.

Slowbro is a no brainer replacement for Slowking. Also. Bisharp destroys your team minus Charizard. Ferrothorn is not a counter and is complete set-up fodder especially to Sub/SD variants.

What I meant is that SDef Slowbro is strictly better than the PDef Slowking you have. If you put a Slowbro with EV Spread 248 HP / 16 Def / 236 SpD and Calm into the teambuilder, and compare it to your Slowking, you'll see that they have the exact same stats, but Slowbro has 8 EVs left over.

So my suggestion of SDef Slowbro > Slowking was simply because you get 8 free EVs out of it. SDef Slowbro checks the exact same threats as Slowking does, but with a free stats boost.
I know what you meant. What I said is that PDef Slowbro can be put in the Team for Slowking/SDefSlowbro to resolve some problems like SandRushExcadrill, BandTalonflame and Azumarill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)