Project Team Building Shop Redux [CLOSED FOR REQUESTS, BUILDING]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hi everyone! by popular demand (and request from AM), the team building shop is open again! Bluwing, one of b101's newest badged tutors, has been added to our crew to help with the ever-increasing demand for teams. welcome aboard!

also, Amy Sorel, i took your core and had quite a bit of fun w/ it:

mountains (Tyrantrum) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Rock Head
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Superpower

halcyon (Diancie) @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 16 Atk / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Protect
- Earth Power

objects (Magnezone) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 32 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 220 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Magnet Rise
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]

starlet (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

new orleans (Azumarill) (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

trauma (Garchomp) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
protip for anyone wanting to try this team out: play aggressively, and don't be afraid to sack mons if it means something on your team can get a free switch opportunity.

thanks to the multiple weaknesses your key pokemon share, your core works best on hyper offense. as a result, i made a quick hyper offense team to exploit the strength of your rockspam core. first, i made a quick tweak to your core. since tyrantrum and m-diancie already screw flying-types over quite well, i changed magnezone to an air balloon + magnet rise variant so the team has a semi-reliable method of preventing excadrill and rock polish landorus / mega diancie from sweeping the team 6-0. however, this change to the core made the team much more vulnerable to 6-0 sweeps by mons like keldeo and starmie, so i added latios in to give the team some much-needed speed and a check to the aforementioned water-types, as well as the other random fastmons that are present on nearly every team out there. azumarill is the team's main sweeper because of its sheer power and excellent synergy with the rest of the team. another particularly notable attribute about azumarill is its ability to check weakened speed boosting sweepers that latios cannot revenge kill on its own. finally, chomper was added as this team's rocks setter (hey, every team needs a sr setter, amirite?) and primary lead due to its ability to set the pace of the match from the get-go.

for the curious, the nicks come from tracks on hybrid minds's album mountains. i'll update the op with the teams that have been posted here soon.

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Man I've been waiting for this thread to be open for business. Unfortunately I didn't have a core off the top of my head but I've come up with something that I think should be fun for one of you guys to build and that I will enjoy using:

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance This messes with V-Create, TG + 3 attacks is prolly better
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball / Psychic / Ice Beam

Victini @ Choice Band
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: ?? I guess 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- V-Create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt / Trick / Final Gambit

I'm a big fan of running dual wallbreakers to open up a sweep for something else (hint hint).

I'm not really sure what the EV spread or nature on Victini should be so that is up to the builder, same with the final move on both mons. I'm more of a balance / bulky offense player just FYI but build it however you like of course :)

Edit: Soo I'm not sure how I missed this but Rain Dance might not be the best for Victini's V-Create, so Tail Glow + 3 attacks on Manaphy may be better

Last edited:
so after only just now getting back into playing OU, i'd been lurking around the forums and saw this core in the cores thread and thought it was really interesting: landorus to wallbreak and sharpedo to clean house when landorus (and others, hopefully) have finished softening the opposing team up for it. i just don't have the foggiest idea about teambuilding around these two (minus that i wanted to make the team more on the offensive side). i did kinda want to use klefki as a spikes setter, emergency t-wave button and answer for latis, but that's pretty much it. i just really like the idea if this core and it'd be awesome to see you guys make it work :)

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 228 Atk / 28 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Crunch
- Hydro Pump
- Poison Jab
- Protect

if a different landorus set (rock polish, cm, sludge wave over psychic etc) would work better, feel free to change it. the sharpedo spread is the one from the analysis i think but if it'd work better with a different ev spread or nature then feel free to change that aswell.

Could I post a request?

Victini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Atk / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Bolt Strike
- Taunt

Manaphy @ Wacan Berry
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tail Glow
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Energy Ball
- Scald
- Psychic

Dinobeast (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Frustration
- Roost

OR

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 28 HP / 232 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Hyper Voice
- Roost

StallTini+Wacan Manaphy+Malt hehbwoi. I'd just wanna ask you guys to make a team that matches up well agianst all playstyles with this! Probably Bulky Offense or even Balance? Would LOVE to see what you guys can come up with this from here. And also feel free to tweak the Victini EVs a bit(hint: make it a little Sp.Defensive!). Possibly an RP or CM Landorus-Incarnate could fit here or even an Assault Vest Azumariil or even just Celebi(Healing Wish support hehebwoi) for a nice and classic Fire Water Grass core! I'll leave it there masters!

Last edited:
YAY glad your back frens :]
I would love it if you made a core with mega heracross and manaphy they have amazing wallbreaking potential and they make a very strong core

Sets
any heracros set that you think works best on the team

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Good to see you guys back :P. i missed all your wonderful teams :). Anyway down to business As much as I enjoy using manetric and Lopunny on every 2nd team I create I figured it was time for me to branch out into the wider world of alternate mega's and try something new. So Recently I began experimenting with mega Gardevoir and after liking what I saw (Hyper voice Spam FTW) I decided to use Mega Diancie and Victini instead because 2 cute destructive pokemon are better then 1. Anyway the goal of the core is Simple Use victini to blow huge holes in the enemy team with V-create and banded U-turns before cleaning with Diancie.

The Core

Diancie @ Diancite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect

Victini @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- U-turn
- Trick

Now I swear I saw no Diacnie/Tini cores in the OP lol but feel free to correct me if im wrong. Overall I'm leaning towards a balance team probably offensively oriented but not hyper offence. The Core is kinda weak to scarf lando and Drill so an answer to those 2 are a must and I will need a Deffoger/Rapid spinner to protect Victini from rocks but otherwise feel free to build the team how you like. Even change the sets if you want. Thanks for listening and feel free to take time with it :). Look foward to seeing the team :D

Edit reason: Formally Garde/Sharp core but there was already a team so I changed this post rather then make a new one

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just a nitpick I guess by 24 defense EVs on mega garde is important so that it can switch in on LO Latios' psyshock twice after rocks. I like LO >Black Glasses by w/e, your choice, and KO is much better than pursuit tbh. Other than that, looks quite like a galla-bish core, and I'll put in a core later too :)

Just a nitpick I guess by 24 defense EVs on mega garde is important so that it can switch in on LO Latios' psyshock twice after rocks. I like LO >Black Glasses by w/e, your choice, and KO is much better than pursuit tbh. Other than that, looks quite like a galla-bish core, and I'll put in a core later too :)
Yeah its kinda based on the gallade/sharp core but Garde has the advantage of not needing to set up before it can start wrecking nor being entirely crippled by will-oh-wisp which tend's to ruin Galla/sharps day. I forget about the Psyshock thing so I'll fix that but I'll leave the rest to the teambuilders. thanks Nostalgia

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/ 54 SpD / 202 Def
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Heatran and Tentacruel make a really nice trapping core for stallbreaking. Once the toxic spikes are up, Heatran can easily trap something like chansey with Magma Storm and kill it. This kind of core works really nicely against stall, as well as bulky offense. The style I would like for a team would be balance.

The Tentacruel set is standard toxic spikes with no anomalies. The speed on the heatran set is for many reasons. I don't want to give metagross a free evo. Plus I need it to outspeed regular stall mons for taunts. Also, it would outspeed adamant Exca and a few other threats to the core.

Since both mons resist fairies and are weak to ground, I would like to see one of the Lati twins on the team. Another potential threat would be Mega Gallade, so Skarmory would also be a good partner, in turn with the ground immunity.

Hey, can you guys make a team around this core?

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Substitute

Tyranitar @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

I have been trying to make a good team around mega sceptile and I realized that it deals with a lot of the things that sand offense has trouble with such as Rotom, Azumarill, Bisharp, and keldeo to name a few, ttar+excadrill also deals with most of sceptile's weaknesses, most importantly Talonflame.

MON AMOUR (Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Atk / 180 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

MON AMOUR (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
EVs: 152 HP / 252 SpA / 104 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Ice Beam

congratulations bluwing! :) I would like to request a team made from this core. with mmetagross currently being suspected, fairy spam has been significantly on the rise to take advantage of the premier steel-type being suspected. I wanted to try MScizor because it seems to do very well against most offense-based teams currently, and also taking advantage of the recent rise in fairy spam. U-turn+SD seems to be a contradictory move combination at first glance, but I think it combines very well both the role of a bulky win-condition and a strong offensive pivot. However, while MScizor may seem really good against offense, it is often deadweight against stall and semi-stall because of their long-lasting ability. This is where Manaphy comes in, rd tg mana is a huge bane for stall because stall lacks the offensive presence to deal with Manaphy effectively and prevent it from setting up. As an extra bonus, rain dance also compensates MScizor's 4x fire weakness!

please do keep this request on low priority since I have already built a team with this nice core, but I thought I would like to share this core and also challenge the team builders if they have the time :]

Hey guys, glad to see you back :] This time i have a pretty cool core with underrated `mons but i don`t know how to give them the correct support. Hopefully you can do it better than me.

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Freeze-Dry

So i noticed that almost nothing in the ou metagame can switch-in safely into this thread. Ice-Ground coverage it`s pretty flawless and with Freeze-Dry he can take on bulky water types like Rotom-W and Slowbro. The bad thing about M-Glalie is that he doesn`t have reliable recovery and hazard weak.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch / Super Power / Rock slide
- Dragon Dance

I needed a bulky water type to take on Glalies weaknesses. First i thought that Gyarados might be a good partner, but it was another SR weak mon, then i realised that Sheer Force Gator was already released and i added him to the core. DD Gator its quite good on paper, been able to boost his attack and speed pair with sheer force and life orb boost sounds amaizing, but on action he lacks of power because of his jolly nature ( if he was adamant, then base 135 megas like manectric revenge kill him :[ )

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 24 HP / 12 Def / 220 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Finally the third member of the core is raikou since i was weak to talonflame and he scares azumarill and some fast `mons. I decided on a sub cal mind set since raikou forces switches and beats ferrothorn 1 vs 1 (stallin` ferro gyro balls with pressure).
[\Hide]

Feel free to make changes on the sets or even the mons for the good for the team.
PS: I forgot thank you for the manaphy pinsir team, so Thanks (^-^)

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Good to see you guys back :P. i missed all your wonderful teams :). Anyway down to business As much as I enjoy using manetric and Lopunny on every 2nd team I create I figured it was time for me to branch out into the wider world of alternate mega's and try something new. So Recently I began experimenting with mega Gardevoir and after liking what I saw (Hyper voice Spam FTW) I decided it was time to slap her with another pokemon I've been interested in using Bisharp. The goal of the core is simple Eliminate each others checks till 1 or the other can clean. Gardevoir breaks down defensive cores with ease and mons such as Hippowdon, rotom and Gliscor. While Sharp Eliminates bulky psyhics such as Jirachi, Victini and Slowking whom would otherwise stop gardes hyper voice rampage cold while cleaning lategame with sucker punch.

The Core

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt or Will-oh-Wisp

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe (enough to outpace max timid Gothitelle without a scarf)
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Swords Dance

So far tho as decent as it looks on paper I haven't had the time to put it together and there is a big gaping weakness to Excadrill and my usual foe in defensive mega scizor that needs to be address so having 1 of you guys take a look would be much appreciated. I'm after something of a balance team with an offensive approach but if you would prefer to make it bulky offence or something else thats fine and I would like ability to status absorb as well as U-turn or Volt swtich somewhere in the team if possible to but its up to you guys in the end. Thanks for listening and feel free to take time with it :). Look foward to seeing the team :D
hi, i already have made a mega gardevoir + bisharp team. it's in the op of this thread. check it out!

GyaraSerp Balance

Gyarados (M) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt
- Waterfall
- Crunch / Earthquake

Serperior (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare

Gyarados and Serperior have an awesome offensive synergy, Gyarados haves the ability to kill Fire types that causes trouble to Serperior, and Serperior can do the same with most of Bulky Waters and Steel types, also Serperior can Glare Scarfers in the switch making things easier to Gyarados.

I was thinking that balance would be the best archetype to use in this core, but if you think that offense would be more effective, feel free to build it that way. :3

(sorry for the bad grammar, my english its not perfect yet)

Last edited:

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
I've posted in this thread when it was up during XY—you all who are building teams out of the requests are some very kind people. Thank you.

I know what the OP says about unviable mons, but I truly believe that this mon has a a niche on the kind of team I am requesting.

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 172 HP / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Perish Song
- Rest

Heliolisk @ Assault Vest / Choice Specs
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hyper Voice
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Grass]

So, I've tried building rain teams in the past, but to no avail. One of the weaknesses to all these teams, thus leading me to believe the weakness is one of the playstyle, is Substitute Kyurem-B. Kyurem-B can just set up subs on Politoed and demolish rain teams with Ice Beam and Fusion Bolt; he is probably one of the worst matchups rain teams have. I thought about a few things that could beat it that fits on rain; but, Heliolisk is the one that stood out the most.

STAB Hyper Voice, a move that bypasses Substitute, is the selling point of Heliolisk—it's what allows it to blow past Kyurem-B. But stacked on top of this, it also offers Volt Switch, a strong Focus Blast to overpower Ferrothorn, a bird check, and Dry skin to check water spam.

Idk about the sets, please change them if you will; I honestly just c/ped the Politoed set of the rain team in this thread and threw together a Heliolisk set. In the end, I think AV Heliolisk will serve better, but trying both sets won't hurt. Thanks, and I hope the team turns out fine!

Last edited:
Reactions: zbr

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
So I've noticed that there tend to be a shit ton of teams with Defensive cores that are weak to Kyurem-B running around, so I wanted to capitalize on that and run the Sub set (which also gives it a better matchup versus Offense by stopping revenge kills and easing prediction). I'm a very shitty teambuilder so I don't know what kind of teammates would work best, but I do want this team to be balance- or offensively-oriented with VoltTurn support from Rotom-W and/or Bulky Lando-T to get Kyurem-B in safely and force something out to Sub up. Feel free to replace Rotom-W/Lando-T with something that would fit better or give them different sets.

Fuck 3D models, sprites are where it's at yo.
Kyurem-B @ Leftovers
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spd
Mild/Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Speed
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spd
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- Stealth Rock/Knock Off/Explosion

Last edited:

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Lando-Sharp Offensive Team

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Psychic

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

These Pokemon Work Way To Well Together, they each support each other in amazing ways, as in Landorus taking care of Magnezone, and all other threats like Clefable, who walls these two, and taken down but either lando or bisharp. alot of the main threats ive seen are counter but either bisharp or landorus, mega lop being countered by bisharp (depending if it got a defiant boost), or landoge (Landorus-T) being countered by Bisharp, Hard.

All i ask is the team gets funny nicknames and its a HO team Trin its your time to shine HO God

This is a bad idea, but fuck it. Scarfed Latios and Spike setter Diggersby, the bluff hazard stacking pair. Both sets are viable, but not exactly dirt common like their counterparts, so putting them together to bluff their more common sets while they do something pretty different seems kind of interesting; there's a Latios on the team and no Spike setter, obviously it's not hazard stacking. Diggy can take good advantage of the switches it forces to get hazards up and Latios being able to effectively revenge kill with its surprising speed or cripple a wall with Trick is a very nice plus. They have decent type synergy together to an extent, Latios being able to effectively switch into those Water, Grass and Fighting types that threaten Diggy and handle them promptly, allowing Diggersby to set up hazards more freely after their removal. Fucked if there's any Ice coverage involved though, that's a drawback. Still, I think they have potential in a good ol' hazard stacking hyper offence environment.

Not Latias (Latios) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Dayum, Son (Diggersby) @ Life Orb
Adamant / Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Spikes
- Earthquake
- Return
- Quick Attack

Last edited:
hi, i already have made a mega gardevoir + bisharp team. it's in the op of this thread. check it out!
Found it lol. Didnt see at first glance thanks. Tho I was after something more oriented towards balance then hyper offence but the team is already there So I'll Guess I'll have to come up with another core now before this closes again or modify it. I'll delete my last post and come up with something shortly

Edit: I modified my last post with a new core rather then make a new post take a look.

Last edited:
Hey, guys. I've been trying some different styles and pokémon, but never seem to hit the jackpot. I never broke past 1300, so I think I need some help. I've found a core I wanted to work at, which has won me some matches, and I think the concept is interesting over all. I'd really prefer a balanced team, but a semi-stall team could be accepted if you can't work out a balanced one.

STALLBREAKER LEFTOVERS HEATRAN + NASTYPASS/BULKY SUPPORT (UNDECISIVE) CELEBI

The concept is pretty simple. Stallbreaker Heatran has let me kill many pokémon in a lot of teams with no cost whatsoever: I normally lead with him, trap a pokémon, and if he doesn't have an Ground, Fighting or Water attack, I proceed to chip him away, Taunting to prevent recovery, using Toxic to rack the damage, and Earth Power to kill faster before Magma Storm's trapping effect is over. Celebi has got two roles I wanted to look at: NastyPass seems really appealing, helping Heatran really trap and kill stuff. However, Heatran will most likely be killed since his speed isn't stellar, and Baton Passing wastes some turns. The Bulky Support seems like a good choice then, since Heal Bell support coming from a bulky pokémon looks fine. If you could make NastyPass work without changing Heatran's role, it would be great, but I also appreciate if you could make a team making CeleTran work. I'd prefer a balanced team, as above said, but if it is not possible, Semi-Stall could work.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Stealth Rock / U-Turn (If you find a Stealth Rocks user that suits them, U-Turn stays)
- Recover
- Heal Bell / Perish Song (If you find another Heal Bell 'mon, Perish Song will be used. Thinking about this now, Perish Song with Magma Storm sounds like a deadly combo)

OR

Celebi @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Recover
- Baton Pass

Reposting if it's needed.

Hello:

This is a core I've been interested in but just can't seem to make work. Salamence is one of my favorite mons and I still believe he has a few things that set him apart from any other options. Specifically, Moxie DD Mence. I've been pairing it with Specs Magnezone to handle steel types that wall it and cover some of mence's weaknesses. If anyone finds this core interesting I would love to see what ideas you guys come up with becasue the mega slot is open.

@ Life Orb
IV's: 29 HP - Jolly
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Moxie

-Dragon Dance
-Outrage / Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Iron Tail

@ Choice Specs
IV's: 0 Atk, 30 Spe, 30 SAtk - Modest
252 SAtk / 172 HP / 84 Spe

-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Flash Cannon
-HP Fire

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Healing Wish

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Hyper Offense is a team style that seems so foreign to me, mostly because I have not played the team style before. I chose Mega Lopunny and Life Orb + 3 Attacks Gengar because they were solid offensive Pokemon, and I admit I had not used either set before, so I wanted to give them a try. Gengar also handles more defensive builds, whereas Lopunny handles more offensive builds while being able to provide support in Healing Wish. This core has issues with Talonflame and Pokemon faster than Mega Lopunny in gneral, but I have faith that this can be fixed upon teambuilding.

If you look at the archive, there is already a Gengar + Lopunny-Mega.
Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Ice Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

If you look at the archive, there is already a Gengar + Lopunny-Mega.
Heatran @ Air Balloon
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Ice Punch

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Explosion
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
That is not built around the tempo I am referring to. I am referring to a faster-paced team which relies more on offensive pressure to give it the HO feel rather than a mixture of offensive and defensive synergy; Choice Scarf Landorus-T is very reliant on prediction, which is not what I am asking for, and Heatran is not a desirable fit onto this team due to fitting a more bulky offensive style than a HO style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)