LC Bunnelby Revamp

Overview
########

Bunnelby has a great Attack stat by virtue of Huge Power and lots of coverage moves, making it an excellent wallbreaker. Bunnelby also has a decent Speed stat, although it typically needs to be assisted by Choice Scarf or Sticky Web. Unfortunately, Bunnelby struggles against many prominent threats such as Fighting-types, Pawniard, and Fletchling. It has very poor bulk and lacks useful resistances, which leaves it vulnerable to many priority attacks. Bunnelby can be a huge offensive threat, but it definitely requires support to do so.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Return
move 2: U-turn
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Iron Head
ability: Huge Power
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 228 Atk / 52 Def / 220 Spe
nature: Jolly / Adamant

Moves
========

Return is Bunnelby's most powerful STAB move and hits incredibly hard. U-turn allows Bunnelby to wear down its checks and counters and preserve momentum. Earthquake provides excellent coverage with Return, hitting many Steel- and Rock-types. Iron Head hits foes that resist Return + Earthquake coverage, namely Ghost-types such as Gastly, Pumpkaboo, and Drifloon neutrally and Archen super effectively. Quick Attack can also be used over a coverage move to give Bunnelby's team additional priority but leaves Bunnelby easily walled.

Set Details
========

Choice Scarf allows Bunnelby to outspeed all unboosted Pokemon in the tier. A Jolly nature enables Bunnelby to outspeed other common Choice Scarf users such as Scraggy and Magnemite; however, an Adamant nature ensures Bunnelby hits as hard as possible. The EV spread maximizes Bunnelby's offensive capabilities, with the remaining EVs invested into Defense to better handle priority moves.

Usage Tips
========

Bunnelby's primary use in the early parts of the game is to revenge kill and wear down its own checks. Once priority users and checks, such as Pawniard or Ferroseed, have been removed, Bunnelby is able to sweep. It's especially important to remove priority move users because many of them can KO Bunnelby after minimal damage.

Team Options
========

Pursuit support from Pokemon such as Pawniard and Stunky helps greatly in allowing Bunnelby to clean late-game with Return. Diglett helps remove foes resistant to Return as well because of its ability to trap and KO many Rock- and Steel-types. A check to Fighting-types is very important when using Bunnelby, with Spritzee being an excellent choice. Any Pokemon that can beat common priority move users, especially Pawniard and Fletchling, is very helpful. Ponyta is able to beat both of them, provided Stealth Rock is not on your side of the field. Entry hazards enable Bunnelby to KO Pokemon that rely on Sturdy and provide enough chip damage to obtain important 2HKOs.

Life Orb
########
name: Life Orb
move 2: Quick Attack
move 4: Iron Head / Thief
item: Life Orb
ivs: 23 HP
nature: Adamant / Jolly

Moves
========

Return is Bunnelby's best STAB option and hits incredibly hard. Quick Attack is vital for revenge killing many frail Pokemon such as Carvanha and Fletchling. Earthquake has great coverage in conjunction with Return, as it heavily damages or KOes Rock- and Steel-types. Iron Head punishes Archen and Dwebble, which are otherwise good checks to Bunnelby, and is a great move for hitting Ghost-types such as Gastly, Drifloon, and Pumpkaboo, all of which could completely wall Bunnelby without it. Thief is specifically for hitting Ghost-types, notably Pumpkaboo-XL and Frillish.

Set Details
========

The EVs maximize Bunnelby's offensive capabilities and the remainder is put into Defense to better take on priority moves. Reduced HP IVs ensure Bunnelby takes minimal Life Orb recoil, due to the recoil rounding down. Life Orb transforms Bunnelby into a threatening wallbreaker and a tough Pokemon to switch into. An Adamant nature helps Bunnelby hit as hard as possible, though a Jolly nature can be used to outspeed all Magnemite and Speed tie with Pawniard.

Usage Tips
========

Avoid switching Bunnelby directly into battle due to its low bulk, absence of resistances, and tendency to being worn down by Life Orb. Bring Bunnelby in safely as much as possible with the use of slow pivot move users. If Bunnelby ever gets hit by a Knock Off or another item-removing move, Thief can be used to take an item.

Team Options
========

Life Orb Bunnelby goes exceptionally well with Sticky Web because it lacks the Speed to handle faster threats. Surskit is considered the most viable option for Sticky Web, but Spinarak may be used to switch into the Fighting-types that threaten Bunnelby. Bulky pivots such as Mienfoo and Chinchou provide Bunnelby with opportunities to come into battle. Depending on Bunnelby's coverage move, a teammate to handle Archen or bulky Ghost-types may be necessary. Pawniard nicely handles Archen, and Pursuit traps Ghost-types.

Other Options
########

Wild Charge could be used over Iron Head to hit Archen and Frillish super effectively, but it comes with unwanted recoil and worse coverage and can be abused more easily if locked into. Bounce hits Fighting-types but is extremely obvious and isn't able to KO in most cases. Brick Break hits Steel-types, but Earthquake is almost always better. Bunnelby has many boosting moves such as Bulk Up, Agility, and Power-Up Punch, but boosting sets are all incredibly vulnerable to priority. Bunnelby has access to Spikes, but it lacks the bulk to effectively use them. Stone Edge or Rock Slide may be used to hit Archen as well as the Fire-types that threaten to burn Bunnelby but unfortunately has worse accuracy than Iron Head and inferior coverage. A set with Salac Berry, Flail, and Focus Sash or Endure is incredibly threatening to any teams lacking priority, but it is also hard to pull off.

Checks & Counters
########

**Priority Moves**: Bunnelby's poor bulk means that many priority move users such as Fletchling or Pawniard can KO it after very little prior damage.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types struggle immensely to switch in but are typically able to survive any attack and threaten to easily OHKO Bunnelby. Timburr and Croagunk are especially menacing because of their Fighting-type priority moves.

**Ghost-types**: Although they may fear some of Bunnelby's coverage moves, many Ghost-types can take advantage of moves Choice Scarf Bunnelby gets locked into. Ghost-types such as Gastly and Drifloon are also faster than the Life Orb set and threaten to greatly hinder, damage, or KO Bunnelby. Other Ghost-types such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Frillish are very bulky and may be able to completely wall Bunnelby.

**Ferroseed**: Ferroseed's incredible bulk lets it come in on any of Bunnelby's attacks. It also punishes Bunnelby's contact moves, specifically U-turn, due to Iron Barbs. Ferroseed can use Bunnelby to set up entry hazards or choose to cripple it with Thunder Wave.

**Status**: Being burnt or paralyzed can completely ruin Bunnelby's offensive presence. It also lacks the bulk to effectively stall through sleep turns and will usually be relegated to death fodder.

Last edited:
Ready for QC. Wasn't really sure how to handle the natures, I could see either being useful, so I hope it's good as is.

I don't like how spikes are dismissed as a niche for defensive mons, bunnelby plays similarly to greninja's spike set, u-turn/earthquake spikes stone edge/wild charge and return is probably the best bet. I'm not asking for a set (though maybe a spikes slash on LO would be nice) it just allows bunnelby to achieve 2HKOs easier and support the team.

The Avalanches

pokemon tcg
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
CHOICE SCARF
- I believe the natures should be swapped. The 15 Scarf tier is quite congested as it is, and outspeeding +1 Scraggy and Scarf Magnemite is preferably to tying with them. I don't think 26 Attack misses any important KOes that 28 nets.

LIFE ORB
- I have never used Spikes on Bunnelby, so I am unsure how useful they might be, but they may be worth a slash alongside Iron Head and Thief.

Well written man.

1/4

I really don't like using Spikes on a Pokemon that can get a kill or severely damage something every time it comes into battle in almost all match ups, so I think I'm going to wait for more QC opinions and add it if they agree with you guys.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Overview:
Mention in the point regarding its poor bulk that it lacks useful resistances.

Choice Scarf -
Moves:
Mention Quick Attack, because it's still pretty strong, and having such a quick priority move can be handy at times. It's probably not worth its own slash, though.

Set Details:
Reword the last point slightly to show that Jolly is preferred over Adamant.

Team Options:
Pokemon that can beat common priority move users such as Pawniard or Fletchling are very helpful. Ponyta is able to beat both of them if Stealth Rock is not up.

Life Orb -
Moves:
I wouldn't say Archen easily walls Bunnelby for the Iron Head description when Return has a good chance to OHKO offensive variants after Stealth Rock; just say that it's a decent check to Bunnelby.

Other Options:
SALACFLAIL

Checks and Counters:
Make it clear that none of the Fighting-types can actually switch in; even 21/14 Mienfoo gets OHKOed by Life Orb Return over half the time from full health.

Good work
2/4

tehy

Banned deucer.
reading through the descriptions of Iron Head and Wild Charge respectively, i'd rather use Wild Charge; and yet one is OO and the other is on the set. I have the feeling something got left out of Iron Head's description (neutral hit on pumpkaboo-S?), and i'd really like to see what

if not maybe consider wild charge tbh;recoil be damned and more power against random bulky waters and shit is nice, plus frillish gets popped.

228 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bunnelby Iron Head vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Archen: 18-23 (72 - 92%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

228 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bunnelby Wild Charge vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Archen: 21-26 (84 - 104%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

228 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bunnelby Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Drifloon: 22-26 (88 - 104%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Oh no but recoil! Yea, and i have tanked some clutch prio recently with bunnelby but i'd still rather punch through errythang tbh.

Anyhow i'm sure there's a reason for the current placement but i'd like to see that actually explained in iron head's section plz

reading through the descriptions of Iron Head and Wild Charge respectively, i'd rather use Wild Charge; and yet one is OO and the other is on the set. I have the feeling something got left out of Iron Head's description (neutral hit on pumpkaboo-S?), and i'd really like to see what

if not maybe consider wild charge tbh;recoil be damned and more power against random bulky waters and shit is nice, plus frillish gets popped.

228 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bunnelby Iron Head vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Archen: 18-23 (72 - 92%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

228 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bunnelby Wild Charge vs. 236 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Archen: 21-26 (84 - 104%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

228 Atk Life Orb Huge Power Bunnelby Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Drifloon: 22-26 (88 - 104%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

Oh no but recoil! Yea, and i have tanked some clutch prio recently with bunnelby but i'd still rather punch through errythang tbh.

Anyhow i'm sure there's a reason for the current placement but i'd like to see that actually explained in iron head's section plz
The Archen calcs don't really mean anything because fully defensive Archen is very rare in this meta and a defensive Archen in Defeatist range isn't doing anything to Bunnelby. Worse case scenario you don't get the 75% chance to kill or the 30% chance to flinch and Archen gets a Defog off or a very small amount of damage. Secondly Drifloon is another Pokemon that's not very common and it's usually better to hit things like Dwebble or have a neutral hit against Pumpkaboo. Lastly, Wild Charge is a pretty terrible move to be locked into because of the many Electric immunities running around in Ground-types and Chinchou as well as tons of Pokemon resisting it. It's always terrible to not be able to use Wild Charge because you'll just be trapped by their Diglett after you get a kill. As for changing the descriptions, I'm wondering what you have in mind. It already states that its good for hitting Ghosts neutrally and Wild Charge's coverage is told to be worse. I'll add to Wild Charge's section that its a bad move to be locked into, but did you have anything else that could make it clearer why Iron Head is chosen?

tehy

Banned deucer.
The calcs were just to prove that, by your criteria of selection, Wild Charge is arguably better

that said

it's usually better to hit things like Dwebble or have a neutral hit against Pumpkaboo.
this looks like something that could rate a mention; pumpkaboo in particular walls the rest of your moveset if you go with iron head so it's worth noting imo

The calcs were just to prove that, by your criteria of selection, Wild Charge is arguably better

that said

this looks like something that could rate a mention; pumpkaboo in particular walls the rest of your moveset if you go with iron head so it's worth noting imo
I assume you meant Wild Charge, but yeah I'll give it a mention

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For Checks and Counters, even though you already mentioned the possibility of Ferrothorn Thunder Waving you, I think you should have status listed in general, as paralysis or a burn can completely neuter Bunnelby, and even a sleep will pretty much render it a lost cause.

Awesome job, dude.

3/4

tehy

Banned deucer.
Get chekt

Delete in RED
Add in BLUE

Something you do twice that kind of annoys me is when you talk about the EVs in Defense, you can't really do that grammatically speaking, it's a non sequitur. Especially the second time. Like so:

"The EVs maximize offensive capabilities and put the remainder in defense to better take on priority moves."

Even if i acknowledge your premise that the EVs are sentient beings and are capable of putting things in Defense(which, wut? But that is what the sentence structure is telling me)...what things are the EVs putting in Defense? The remainder of what?
Comments:

Pet Peeve: When you say something 'resists' that coverage, but it's really more like 'immune', so i always replace 'resists' with 'walls'. I mean, all the mons mentioned are either ghosts or fliers, and Gastly / Drifloon outright don't take any damage from either type, so yea.

After Scarf's Quick attack, you say it's for 'additional priority' but you don't have any other priority. Did you mean like, additional revenge killing or outspeeding capabilities on top of being Scarfed or something? If you did, maybe get on that

I feel like saying that Ghost-types 'may be able' to completely wall Bunnelby is enough to imply that it's set-dependent.

Overview
########

Bunnelby has an insane attacking stat and great coverage moves, making it an excellent wall breaker. Bunnelby also has a decent speed stat decent Speed, although it typically needs to be assisted through the use of a Choice Scarf or Sticky Web. Unfortunately, Bunnelby struggles against many prominent threats, such as Fighting-types, Pawniard, and Fletchling. It has very poor bulk and lacks useful resistances, which leaves it vulnerable to many priority attacks. Bunnelby can be a huge offensive threat, but definitely requires support to do so.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Return is Bunnelby's most powerful move and hits incredibly hard. U-turn allows Bunnelby to wear down its own checks and counters, as well as preserve momentum. Earthquake provides excellent coverage with Return, hitting many Steel- and Rock-types. Iron hHead is intended for Pokemon that resist wall Return + Earthquake coverage; hitting Archen,(rc) while also being a neutral move against it hits Ghost-types such as Gastly, Pumpkaboo, and Drifloon neutrally,(rc) and hits Archen super effectively. Quick Attack can also be used over a coverage move for additional priority, but causes Bunnelby to be walled much more easily easier.

Set Details
========

A Choice Scarf allows Bunnelby to outspeed all unboosted Pokemon. Using a Jolly nature enables Bunnelby to outspeed other common Choice Scarf users such as Scraggy and Magnemite, though however an Adamant nature can be used to hit as hard as possible. The EV spread maximizes Bunnelby's offensive capabilitys, with the remaining invested into capabilities and mildly enhancing Defense to better handle priority moves.

Usage Tips
========

Bunnelby's primary use in the early parts of the game is to REVENGE kill and wear down its own checks. Once priority users and particular checks, such as Pawniard or Ferroseed, have been removed, Bunnelby is able to sweep. It's especially important to remove priority move users because so many of them can KO Bunnelby after minimal damage.

Team Options
========

Pursuit support from Pokemon like Pawniard and Stunky helps greatly in allowing Bunnelby to clean late-game with Return. Diglett helps remove resistances to Return as well because of its ability to trap and KO many Rock- and Steel-types. A check to Fighting-types is very important when using Bunnelby, with Spritzee being an excellent one. Any Pokemon that can beat common priority move users, especially Pawniard and Fletchling, are very helpful. Ponyta is able to beat both of them, provided Stealth Rocks is are not on your side of the field. Entry hazards enable Bunnelby to KO Pokemon that rely on Sturdy and provide enough chip damage to obtain important 2HKOs.

Life Orb
########

Moves
========

Return is Bunnelby's best STAB option and hits incredibly hard.,(period to comma) while Quick Attack is vital for revenging revenge killing many weakened Pokemon such as Carvanha and Fletchling. Earthquake has great coverage in conjunction with Return;,(semicolon to comma) It as it heavily damages or KOes Rock- and Steel-types. Iron Head punishes Archen and Dwebble, who are otherwise good checks to Bunnelby.,(period to comma) It's also and is a great move for hitting Ghost-types such as Gastly, Drifloon, and Pumpkaboo, who could completely wall the set Bunnelby without it. Thief is specifically for hitting Ghost-types, notably Pumpkaboo-XL and Frillish.

Set Details
========

The EVs maximize offensive capabilities and put the remainder in defense slightly boost Defense to better take on priority moves. Reduced A reduced HP IVs causes Bunnelby to only take one damage from Life Orb recoil, due to it rounding down the truncating mechanics of it. Life Orb transforms Bunnelby into a threatening Wwall Bbreaker and a tough Pokemon to switch into. An Adamant nature makes Bunnelby hit as hard as possible, though however a Jolly nature can be used to outspeed all Magnemites and sSpeed- tie with Pawniard.

Usage Tips
========

Avoid switching Bunnelby directingly into battle due to its low bulk, absence of resistances, and proneness tendency to being worn down by Life Orb. Bring Bunnelby in safely as much as possible with the use of SLOW pivot move users. If Bunnelby ever gets hit by a Knock Off or other item removing move, Thief can be used to reclaim take an item.

Team Options
========

Life Orb Bunnelby goes exceptionally well with Sticky Web because it lacks the sSpeed to handle faster threats. Surskit is considered the most viable option for such, but Spinarak may be used to beat the Fighting-types that threaten Bunnelby. Bulky pivots such as Mienfoo and Chinchou provide Bunnelby with opportunities to come into battle. Depending on Bunnelby's coverage move, a teammate to handle Archen or bulky Ghost-types may be necessary.; Pawniard nicely covers both, as well as while Pursuit-trapping Ghost-types.

Other Options
########

Wild Charge could be used over Iron Head because it still hits Archen,(rc) as well as and hits Frillish, but it comes with unwanted recoil, worse coverage, and can be abused if Choice Scarf Bunnelby is more easily if locked into it easier. Bounce can be used to hit Fighting-types but is extremely obvious and isn't able to KO in most cases. Brick Break is another option to hit Steel-types, but Earthquake is almost always better. Bunnelby has many boosting moves such as Bulk Up, Agility, and Power-Up Punch, but boosting sets they are all incredibly vulnerable to priority. Bunnelby has access to Spikes, but it lacks the bulk to effectively use them. Stone Edge or Rock Slide may be used to hit Archen as well as the Fire-types that threaten to burn Bunnelby, but unfortunately has worse accuracy and than Iron Head,(ac) as well as inferior coverage than Iron Head. A set with Salac Berry, Flail, and Focus Sash or Endure is incredibly threatening to any teams lacking priority, but is also hard to pull off.

Checks & Counters
########

**Priority Moves**: Bunnelby's poor bulk means that many priority move users, such as Fletchling or Pawniard can KO it after very little prior damage.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types struggle immensely to switch in, but there are typically able to survive any attack and threaten to easily OHKO Bunnelby. Timburr and Croagunk are especially menacing for Bunnelby because of their Fighting-type priority moves.

**Ghost-types**: Although they may fear some of Bunnelby's coverage moves, many Ghost-types can take advantage of moves Choice Scarf Bunnelby will be locked into. Ghosts such as Gastly and Drifloon are also faster than the Life Orb set and threaten to greatly hinder, damage, or KO it. Other Ghost-types like Pumpkaboo-XL and Frillish are very bulky and may be able to completely wall Bunnelby,(rc) depending on its set.

**Ferroseed**: Ferroseed's incredible bulk lets it come in on any of Bunnelby's attacks. It also punishes Bunnelby's contact moves, specifically U-Turn, due to Iron Barbs. Ferroseed can use Bunnelby to set- up hazards or chose to cripple Bunnelby with Thunder Wave.

**Status**: Being burnt or paralyzed can completely ruin Bunnelby's offensive presence. It also lacks the bulk to effectively stall through sleep turns and will usually be relegated to death fodder.

Last edited:
-- amcheck ahead --
add, remove, Capitalization, (comments)
Overview
########

Bunnelby has an insane attacking great Attack stat (you should add "combined with Huge Power") and great lots of coverage moves, making it an excellent wall breaker. Bunnelby also has decent Speed stat, although it typically needs to be assisted through the use of a Choice Scarf or Sticky Web. Unfortunately, However, Bunnelby struggles against many prominent threats, such as Fighting-types, Pawniard, and Fletchling. It has very poor bulk and lacks useful resistances, which leaves it vulnerable to many priority attacks. Bunnelby can be a huge offensive threat, but definitely requires support to do so.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Return is Bunnelby's most powerful move and hits incredibly hard. U-turn allows Bunnelby to wear down its own checks and counters, (RC) as well as and preserve momentum. Earthquake provides excellent coverage with Return, hitting many Steel- and Rock-types. Iron Head is intended for Pokemon that resist Return + Earthquake coverage; it hits Ghost-types such as Gastly, Pumpkaboo, and Drifloon neutrally, (AC) and Archen super effectively. Quick Attack can also be used over a coverage move to give a team additional priority, but causes Bunnelby to be walled much more easily.

Set Details
========

A Choice Scarf allows Bunnelby to outspeed all unboosted Pokemon in the tier. Using a Jolly nature enables Bunnelby to outspeed other common Choice Scarf users such as Scraggy and Magnemite, however an Adamant nature can be used to hit as hard as possible. The EV spread maximizes Bunnelby's offensive capabilities, with the remaining invested into Defense to better handle priority moves.

Usage Tips
========

Bunnelby's primary use in the early parts of the game is to revenge kill and wear down its own checks. Once priority users and particular checks, such as Pawniard or Ferroseed, have been removed, Bunnelby is able to sweep. It's especially important to remove priority move users because so many of them can KO Bunnelby after minimal damage.

Team Options
========

Pursuit support from Pokemon like Pawniard and Stunky helps greatly in allowing Bunnelby to clean (maybe add "up"?) late-game with Return. Diglett helps remove resistances to Return as well because of its ability to trap and KO many Rock- and Steel-types. A check to Fighting-types is very important when using Bunnelby, with Spritzee being an excellent one choice. Any Pokemon that can beat common priority move users, especially Pawniard and Fletchling, are very helpful. Ponyta is able to beat both of them, provided Stealth Rock is not on your side of the field. Entry hazards enable Bunnelby to KO Pokemon that rely on Sturdy and provide enough chip damage to obtain important 2HKOs.

Life Orb
########

Moves
========

Return is Bunnelby's best STAB option and hits incredibly hard, (RC). while Quick Attack is vital for revenge killing many weakened Pokemon such as Carvanha and Fletchling. Earthquake has great coverage in conjunction with Return, as it heavily damages or KOes Rock- and Steel-types. Iron Head punishes Archen and Dwebble, who are otherwise good checks to Bunnelby, and is a great move for hitting Ghost-types such as Gastly, Drifloon, and Pumpkaboo, who could completely wall Bunnelby without it. Thief is specifically for hitting Ghost-types, notably Pumpkaboo-XL and Frillish.

Set Details
========

The EVs maximize offensive capabilities and the remainder are put into Defense to better take on priority moves. A Reduced HP IVs causes helps Bunnelby to only take one damage from Life Orb recoil, due to it rounding down. (weird sentence nonetheless...) Life Orb transforms Bunnelby into a threatening wall breaker and a tough Pokemon to switch into. An Adamant nature makes help Bunnelby hit as hard as possible, however a Jolly nature can be used to outspeed all Magnemite and Speed-tie (replace hyphen in between "Speed" and "tie" with a space) with Pawniard.

Usage Tips
========

Avoid switching Bunnelby directly into battle due to its low bulk, absence of resistances, and tendency to being worn down by Life Orb. Bring Bunnelby in safely as much as possible with the use of slow pivot move users. If Bunnelby ever gets hit by a Knock Off or other item removing move, Thief can be used to take an item.

Team Options
========

Life Orb Bunnelby goes exceptionally well with Sticky Web because it lacks the Speed to handle faster threats. Surskit is considered the most viable option for such Sticky Web, but Spinarak may be used to beat the Fighting-types that threaten Bunnelby. Bulky pivots such as Mienfoo and Chinchou provide Bunnelby with opportunities to come into battle. Depending on Bunnelby's coverage move, a teammate to handle Archen or bulky Ghost-types may be necessary. Pawniard nicely covers both handles Archen, while Pursuit-trapping Ghost-types.

Other Options
########

Wild Charge could be used over Iron Head because it still hits Archen and Frillish, but it comes with unwanted recoil, worse coverage, and can be abused more easily if locked into. Bounce can be used to hit Fighting-types but is extremely obvious (or maybe just say "is a two-turn move and can be switched out of," though that makes the sentence bigger) and isn't able to KO in most cases. Brick Break is another option to hit Steel-types, but Earthquake is almost always better. Bunnelby has many boosting moves such as Bulk Up, Agility, and Power-Up Punch, but boosting sets are all incredibly vulnerable to priority. Bunnelby has access to Spikes, but it lacks the bulk to effectively use them. Stone Edge or Rock Slide may be used to hit Archen as well as the Fire-types that threaten to burn Bunnelby, but unfortunately has worse accuracy than Iron Head, as well as inferior coverage. A set with Salac Berry, Flail, and Focus Sash or Endure is incredibly threatening to any teams lacking priority, but is also hard to pull off.

Checks & Counters
########

**Priority Moves**: Bunnelby's poor bulk means that many priority move users such as Fletchling or Pawniard can KO it after very little prior damage.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types struggle immensely to switch in, but are typically able to survive any attack and threaten to easily OHKO Bunnelby. Timburr and Croagunk are especially menacing for Bunnelby because of their Fighting-type priority moves.

**Ghost-types**: Although they may fear some of Bunnelby's coverage moves, many Ghost-types can take advantage of moves Choice Scarf Bunnelby will be gets locked into. Ghost-types such as Gastly and Drifloon are also faster than the Life Orb set and threaten to greatly hinder, damage, or KO it Bunnelby. Others Ghost-types like Pumpkaboo-XL and Frillish are very bulky and may be able to completely wall Bunnelby.

**Ferroseed**: Ferroseed's incredible bulk lets it come in on any of Bunnelby's attacks. It also punishes Bunnelby's contact moves, specifically U-turn, due to Iron Barbs. Ferroseed can use Bunnelby to set-up (replaced hyphen in between "set" and "up" with a space) hazards or choose to cripple Bunnelby it with Thunder Wave.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
sincerest that this took so long, got tied up :(

I'm not stamping macrarazy's check because it missed a bit, but I will be working over it since it has some accurate changes.

my additions
my removals

Overview
########

Bunnelby has an insane attacking great Attack stat by virtue of Huge Power and great lots of coverage moves, making it an excellent wall breaker. Bunnelby also has a decent Speed stat, although it typically needs to be assisted through the use of a by Choice Scarf or Sticky Web. Unfortunately, Bunnelby struggles against many prominent threats,(RC) such as Fighting-types, Pawniard, and Fletchling. It has very poor bulk and lacks useful resistances, which leaves it vulnerable to many priority attacks. Bunnelby can be a huge offensive threat, but definitely requires support to do so.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Return is Bunnelby's most powerful STAB move and hits incredibly hard. U-turn allows Bunnelby to wear down its own checks and counters, (RC) as well as and preserve momentum. Earthquake provides excellent coverage with Return, hitting many Steel- and Rock-types. Iron Head is intended for Pokemon hits foes that resist Return + Earthquake coverage; it hits, namely Ghost-types such as Gastly, Pumpkaboo, and Drifloon neutrally, (AC) and Archen super effectively. Quick Attack can also be used over a coverage move to give a Bunnelby's team additional priority, but causes leaves Bunnelby easily to be walled much more easily.

Set Details
========

A Choice Scarf allows Bunnelby to outspeed all unboosted Pokemon in the tier. Using a Jolly nature enables Bunnelby to outspeed other common Choice Scarf users such as Scraggy and Magnemite,(remove);(add) however,(AC) an Adamant nature can be used to ensures Bunnelby hits as hard as possible. The EV spread maximizes Bunnelby's offensive capabilities, with the remaining invested into Defense to better handle priority moves.

Usage Tips
========

Bunnelby's primary use in the early parts of the game is to revenge kill and wear down its own checks. Once priority users and particular checks, such as Pawniard or Ferroseed, have been removed, Bunnelby is able to sweep. It's especially important to remove priority move users because so many of them can KO Bunnelby after minimal damage.

Team Options
========

Pursuit support from Pokemon like such as Pawniard and Stunky helps greatly in allowing Bunnelby to clean late-game with Return. Diglett helps remove resistances to Return as well because of its ability to trap and KO many Rock- and Steel-types. A check to Fighting-types is very important when using Bunnelby, with Spritzee being an excellent one choice. Any Pokemon that can beat common priority move users, especially Pawniard and Fletchling, are very helpful. Ponyta is able to beat both of them, provided Stealth Rock is not on your Bunnelby's side of the field. Entry hazards enable Bunnelby to KO Pokemon that rely on Sturdy and provide enough chip damage to obtain important 2HKOs.

Life Orb
########

Moves
========

Return is Bunnelby's best STAB option and hits incredibly hard, (RC). while Quick Attack is vital for revenge killing many weakened frail Pokemon such as Carvanha and Fletchling. Earthquake has great coverage in conjunction with Return, as it heavily damages or KOes Rock- and Steel-types. Iron Head punishes Archen and Dwebble, who are otherwise good checks to Bunnelby, and is a great move for hitting Ghost-types such as Gastly, Drifloon, and Pumpkaboo, who all of which could completely wall Bunnelby without it. Thief is specifically for hitting Ghost-types, notably Pumpkaboo-XL and Frillish.

Set Details
========

The EVs maximize Bunnelby's offensive capabilities and the remainder are put into Defense to better take on priority moves. A Reduced HP IVs causes ensure Bunnelby to only takes minimal one damage from Life Orb recoil, due to it rounding down. Life Orb transforms Bunnelby into a threatening wall breaker and a tough Pokemon to switch into. An Adamant nature makes helps Bunnelby hit as hard as possible, however though a Jolly nature can be used to outspeed all Magnemite and Speed-tie (replace hyphen in between "Speed" and "tie" with a space) with Pawniard.

Usage Tips
========

Avoid switching Bunnelby directly into battle due to its low bulk, absence of resistances, and tendency to being worn down by Life Orb. Bring Bunnelby in safely as much as possible with the use of slow pivot move users. If Bunnelby ever gets hit by a Knock Off or other item removing move, Thief can be used to take an item.

Team Options
========

Life Orb Bunnelby goes exceptionally well with Sticky Web because it lacks the Speed to handle faster threats. Surskit is considered the most viable option for such Sticky Web, but Spinarak may be used to beat switch into the Fighting-types that threaten Bunnelby. Bulky pivots such as Mienfoo and Chinchou provide Bunnelby with opportunities to come into battle. Depending on Bunnelby's coverage move, a teammate to handle Archen or bulky Ghost-types may be necessary. Pawniard nicely covers both handles Archen, while and Pursuit-trapping traps Ghost-types.

Other Options
########

Wild Charge could be used over Iron Head because it still hits Archen and Frillish, but it comes with unwanted recoil, worse coverage, and can be abused more easily if locked into. Bounce can be used to hits Fighting-types but is extremely obvious (or maybe just say "is a two-turn move and can be switched out of," though that makes the sentence bigger) and isn't able to KO in most cases. Brick Break is another option to hits Steel-types, but Earthquake is almost always better. Bunnelby has many boosting moves such as Bulk Up, Agility, and Power-Up Punch, but boosting sets are all incredibly vulnerable to priority. Bunnelby has access to Spikes, but it lacks the bulk to effectively use them. Stone Edge or Rock Slide may be used to hit Archen as well as the Fire-types that threaten to burn Bunnelby, but unfortunately has worse accuracy than Iron Head, as well as and inferior coverage. A set with Salac Berry, Flail, and Focus Sash or Endure is incredibly threatening to any teams lacking priority, but is also hard to pull off.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types struggle immensely to switch in, but are typically able to survive any attack and threaten to easily OHKO Bunnelby. Timburr and Croagunk are especially menacing for Bunnelby because of their Fighting-type priority moves.

**Ghost-types**: Although they may fear some of Bunnelby's coverage moves, many Ghost-types can take advantage of moves Choice Scarf Bunnelby will be gets locked into. Ghost-types such as Gastly and Drifloon are also faster than the Life Orb set and threaten to greatly hinder, damage, or KO it Bunnelby. Others Ghost-types like such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Frillish are very bulky and may be able to completely wall Bunnelby.

**Ferroseed**: Ferroseed's incredible bulk lets it come in on any of Bunnelby's attacks. It also punishes Bunnelby's contact moves, specifically U-turn, due to Iron Barbs. Ferroseed can use Bunnelby to set-up (replaced hyphen in between "set" and "up" with a space) entry hazards or choose to cripple Bunnelby it with Thunder Wave.

GP 1/2

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2/2 =u=
Overview
########

Bunnelby has a great Attack stat by virtue of Huge Power and lots of coverage moves, making it an excellent wallbreaker. Bunnelby also has a decent Speed stat, although it typically needs to be assisted by Choice Scarf or Sticky Web. Unfortunately, Bunnelby struggles against many prominent threats such as Fighting-types, Pawniard, and Fletchling. It has very poor bulk and lacks useful resistances, which leaves it vulnerable to many priority attacks. Bunnelby can be a huge offensive threat, but it definitely requires support to do so.

Choice Scarf
########
(remove this empty line)

Moves
========

Return is Bunnelby's most powerful STAB move and hits incredibly hard. U-turn allows Bunnelby to wear down its checks and counters and preserve momentum. Earthquake provides excellent coverage with Return, hitting many Steel- and Rock-types. Iron Head hits foes that resist Return + Earthquake coverage, namely Ghost-types such as Gastly, Pumpkaboo, and Drifloon neutrally and Archen super effectively. Quick Attack can also be used over a coverage move to give Bunnelby's team additional priority, (remove comma) but leaves Bunnelby easily walled.

Set Details
========

Choice Scarf allows Bunnelby to outspeed all unboosted Pokemon in the tier. A Jolly nature enables Bunnelby to outspeed other common Choice Scarf users such as Scraggy and Magnemite; however, an Adamant nature ensures Bunnelby hits as hard as possible. The EV spread maximizes Bunnelby's offensive capabilities, with the remaining EVs invested into Defense to better handle priority moves.

Usage Tips
========

Bunnelby's primary use in the early parts of the game is to revenge kill and wear down its own checks. Once priority users and checks, such as Pawniard or Ferroseed, have been removed, Bunnelby is able to sweep. It's especially important to remove priority move users because many of them can KO Bunnelby after minimal damage.

Team Options
========

Pursuit support from Pokemon such as Pawniard and Stunky helps greatly in allowing Bunnelby to clean late-game with Return. Diglett helps remove foes resistant resistances to Return as well because of its ability to trap and KO many Rock- and Steel-types. A check to Fighting-types is very important when using Bunnelby, with Spritzee being an excellent choice. Any Pokemon that can beat common priority move users, especially Pawniard and Fletchling, are is very helpful. Ponyta is able to beat both of them, provided Stealth Rock is not on your side of the field. Entry hazards enable Bunnelby to KO Pokemon that rely on Sturdy and provide enough chip damage to obtain important 2HKOs.

Life Orb
########
(remove empty line)

Moves
========

Return is Bunnelby's best STAB option and hits incredibly hard. Quick Attack is vital for revenge killing many frail Pokemon such as Carvanha and Fletchling. Earthquake has great coverage in conjunction with Return, as it heavily damages or KOes Rock- and Steel-types. Iron Head punishes Archen and Dwebble, who which are otherwise good checks to Bunnelby, and is a great move for hitting Ghost-types such as Gastly, Drifloon, and Pumpkaboo, all of which could completely wall Bunnelby without it. Thief is specifically for hitting Ghost-types, notably Pumpkaboo-XL and Frillish.

Set Details
========

The EVs maximize Bunnelby's offensive capabilities and the remainder is are put into Defense to better take on priority moves. Reduced HP IVs ensure Bunnelby takes minimal Life Orb recoil, due to its HP (i think? just clarify what "it" is) rounding down. Life Orb transforms Bunnelby into a threatening wallbreaker and a tough Pokemon to switch into. An Adamant nature helps Bunnelby hit as hard as possible, though a Jolly nature can be used to outspeed all Magnemite and Speed tie with Pawniard.

Usage Tips
========

Avoid switching Bunnelby directly into battle due to its low bulk, absence of resistances, and tendency to being worn down by Life Orb. Bring Bunnelby in safely as much as possible with the use of slow pivot move users. If Bunnelby ever gets hit by a Knock Off or another item-removing move, Thief can be used to take an item.

Team Options
========

Life Orb Bunnelby goes exceptionally well with Sticky Web because it lacks the Speed to handle faster threats. Surskit is considered the most viable option for Sticky Web, but Spinarak may be used to switch into the Fighting-types that threaten Bunnelby. Bulky pivots such as Mienfoo and Chinchou provide Bunnelby with opportunities to come into battle. Depending on Bunnelby's coverage move, a teammate to handle Archen or bulky Ghost-types may be necessary. Pawniard nicely handles Archen, and Pursuit traps Ghost-types.

Other Options
########

Wild Charge could be used over Iron Head because it still hits to hit Archen and Frillish super effectively, but it comes with unwanted recoil, and worse coverage, and can be abused more easily if locked into. Bounce hits Fighting-types but is extremely obvious and isn't able to KO in most cases. Brick Break hits Steel-types, but Earthquake is almost always better. Bunnelby has many boosting moves such as Bulk Up, Agility, and Power-Up Punch, but boosting sets are all incredibly vulnerable to priority. Bunnelby has access to Spikes, but it lacks the bulk to effectively use them. Stone Edge or Rock Slide may be used to hit Archen as well as the Fire-types that threaten to burn Bunnelby, (remove comma) but unfortunately has worse accuracy than Iron Head and inferior coverage. A set with Salac Berry, Flail, and Focus Sash or Endure is incredibly threatening to any teams lacking priority, but it is also hard to pull off.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types struggle immensely to switch in, (remove comma) but are typically able to survive any attack and threaten to easily OHKO Bunnelby. Timburr and Croagunk are especially menacing because of their Fighting-type priority moves.

**Ghost-types**: Although they may fear some of Bunnelby's coverage moves, many Ghost-types can take advantage of moves Choice Scarf Bunnelby gets locked into. Ghost-types such as Gastly and Drifloon are also faster than the Life Orb set and threaten to greatly hinder, damage, or KO Bunnelby. Other Ghost-types such as Pumpkaboo-XL and Frillish are very bulky and may be able to completely wall Bunnelby.

**Ferroseed**: Ferroseed's incredible bulk lets it come in on any of Bunnelby's attacks. It also punishes Bunnelby's contact moves, specifically U-turn, due to Iron Barbs. Ferroseed can use Bunnelby to set up entry hazards or choose to cripple it with Thunder Wave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)