Other Unreleased OU Minitour (won by Level 56)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
approved by the linguine-loving Haunter

Unreleased OU Minitour

In this tournament, you may use any unreleased pokemon or ability.​
How to participate:
  • Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
  • The Rounds will last one week from the second the round is posted here in the OU sub-forum. At the end of the allotted time, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity.
  • Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, 32, 48, or a maximum of 64 a lot of people. It will be first come first serve. Sign-ups will last for approximately 1 week unless the tournament reaches 64 participants, at which point sign-ups will finish.
Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.
Circuit Mini-Tournaments Rules:
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise.
  • This is a single elimination, best-of-one tournament.
  • You may switch your team between rounds if you wish to.
Battle Clauses:
  • Evasion Moves Clause
  • Evasion Abilities Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Moody Clause
  • Soul Dew Clause
  • Endless Battle Clause
  • HP Percentage Mod
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview

note: rules are taken from the doubles versions

xzern

for sure
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Unreleased OU
pro tip: signups end march 7th, 8pm est, or some time earlier if a round number is reached close to that time
note: participant cap is 64

Signups:
  1. xzern
  2. recreant
  3. boltsandbombers
  4. am
  5. starmeithegod
  6. halcyon.
  7. choice banned
  8. zanbakuresh
  9. benallaire
  10. cis scum
  11. Trinitrotoluene
  12. raffaeleking
  13. terry24
  14. dramadrama
  15. cherub agent
  16. sharktruce2
  17. karxrida
  18. mr.378
  19. -clone-
  20. webbowser
  21. shadow_sneak
  22. ggamer
  23. scotti
  24. geotal
  25. ox the box
  26. level 56
  27. nagari
  28. estralita
  29. asterya
  30. heidoe
  31. cala
  32. klynpar
  33. thejfrenzy1
  34. firehusky
  35. blinkie
  36. salemance
  37. tressed
  38. forumbeta
  39. croven
  40. s0me1 b0red
  41. you...you...
  42. maestrodeswag
  43. kairyu_gen1
  44. grimoiregod
  45. pat labor
  46. tree of bonsai
  47. pye
  48. darkrai147
  49. invok3r
  50. ssjjynx
  51. wond3rbread
  52. slurmz
  53. teamsnickers
  54. rhythms
  55. edwardo m
  56. mkslayer97
  57. sochlo
  58. bluwing
  59. oblivate
  60. quaggod
  61. sork
  62. darknostalgia
  63. metaphysical
  64. aleuser

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)