Set 5:(401-415): shiny sandshrew at egg 414

Marks the end of sandshrew mm breeding.

Shiny trapinch:
Set 6: (416-500): no shiny
Set 7: (501-583):shiny trapinch at egg 583

Marks the end of trapinch mm breeding.

2 Unhatched trapinch eggs
Eggs 584-585: another shiny trapinch at egg 485

Marks the true end of trapinch mm breeding.

Shiny pidgey
Set 8: (586-600): still trying

I found out that I had 2 eggs unhatched after the shiny trapinch hatched so I hatched them and then I found another one

Holy crap, it must be insane luck. 2 eggs after the original shiny trapinch hatched another shiny trapinch hatched.

And this shiny trapinch has 5IVs as compared to the original one with only 3IVs!
24/31/31/31/31/31

Never underestimate the rates of masuda method.

Last edited:
Hello! I have some records you may or may not want to add to this list. I have hatched 3 shinys on the XY/ORAS gen useing MM, however they were all off count. Meanwhile, I have recoded a total of 1000 Marill eggs on X with no shiny. (After which I saught out a trade for my Marill) Then, I hatched 585 Treekco eggs on my X, 300 Treekco eggs on my Spanish Y, and 420 eggs on Omega Ruby. That is a total of 1300 Treekco eggs, without shiny. The three shinys I have hatched, I do not know exact/aproxmated number of eggs expect for one, which happend on ether the 6th or 12 egg. (I was not hunting it)

I will carefully record and report all my eggs from this point on, I always breed with at least one Pokemon as a foreign, as one of my games is in a different language. As of now, I am just starting on a Swablu hunt.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
ill pledge 1000 eggs. ive hatched 1k with masuda and had no luck. now ive got the charm and will do another 1k. going for charmander and marill

Update
Completely forgot that psuedo legendaries take so long to hatch, but at least egg number 386 was a shiny Goomy

Eggs hatched: 1800
Total Shinies: 3
Last Shiny: Goomy
Next goal will be 600 poliwags

Reporting 100 eggs hatched on record for Swablu hunt no shiny yet. Also IDK if I was clear in my last post, but I do have the shiny charm on all my games. (I have a living Dex in Pokebank)

On record:
Total eggs: 100
Total shinys: 0

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
update: got my first shiny, egg #375!

male lux ball timid charmander, blaze 31/31/17/31/31/31

super excited, this is my first ever hatched shiny! i think instead of going right for azumarill, i will breed some others that ive been looking at for a while. staying with foreign ditto though so i will continue to log all of my eggs, and hope i get lucky again.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
lightning strikes again! i was breeding eevees for an espeon and the very first one i hatched was a shiny! timid 31/31/17/31/31/31, the very same stat spread as the charmander from last night. weird. egg #444. this rules

If it's OK, I would like to participate if you guys/gals still need any help. In my Pokémon Y, (with the Shiny Charm) I've been trying to hatch a Shiny Goomy for about a week now, and I'm currently on 850 eggs with no luck. I think I'll pledge 1200 eggs for the meantime, and I'll see how it goes.

Incidentally, I have hatched other shinies before using the pledge system here (with my Shiny Charm of course), though I had not started contributing to this at the time. Would it be helpful to post these logs as well, if I give the amount of eggs I had pledged, and when I found a Shiny?

P.S:
Update
Completely forgot that psuedo legendaries take so long to hatch, but at least egg number 386 was a shiny Goomy
Please give me your luck FreakOutCrow ;~;

Last edited:
2/26/15 (Original Post)
Hello all. I would like to thank all of you for this valuable information. I have done a bit of breeding for shinies and I have done set commitments of 300 eggs at a time. I do have the shiny charm, a Japanese region ditto, and OT bred pokemon.

Here is my findings.

1st Shiny Chimchar
278 of 300. (5iv but I did not like th spread.)

2nd Shiny Chimchar
0 of 300
0 of 300
276 of 300

1st & 2nd Eevee
146th egg & 194th egg in a single 300 batch.

Shiny Aron
4 of 300

Shiny Buneary
215 of 300.

I hope this helps the data. I had been really lucky so far.

2/28/15 (Edited Post)
I just got a shiny Scyther :)
0 of 300
146 of 300

3/1/15 (Edited Post)
I am going to commit to batches of 300 for a chespin until I get a shiny. I will let you know when I get 1.

3/4/15 (Edited Post)
Chespin batches
0 of 300
0 of 300
0 of 300
0 of 300

3/7/15 (Edited Post)
Chespin batches v2
0 of 300
82 of 300 (Overgrow Ability and 5iv but not in defense, so that stinks, but I finally got it.)
1582 eggs.

Looks my luck is gone :( very demoralized. This is my second fav pokemon and cannot get it.

Last edited:
I want to contribute
Smeargle
464 out of 500 eggs
No success with Sableye
Hatched 300 eggs
No success with lotad
Hatched 400 eggs
Currently working on kangaskhan
Hatched 200 aiming to get within 500
So current success rate
1 shiny out of 1364
I do have the shiny charm

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
got my third shiny in 4 days. this one was adamant huge power azumarill and its flawless! 31/31/31/2/31/31! egg #587 out of my pledged thousand. cant decide who to do next! probably hydreigon

edit: going for nidoking

Last edited:
I have hatched an additional 200 eggs, they were not all for my Swablu hunt, (a friend needed me to breed some Pokemon) but they were all MM eggs.

On record:
Total eggs: 300
Total shiny: 0

If it's OK, I would like to participate if you guys/gals still need any help. In my Pokémon Y, (with the Shiny Charm) I've been trying to hatch a Shiny Goomy for about a week now, and I'm currently on 850 eggs with no luck. I think I'll pledge 1200 eggs for the meantime, and I'll see how it goes.

Incidentally, I have hatched other shinies before using the pledge system here (with my Shiny Charm of course), though I had not started contributing to this at the time. Would it be helpful to post these logs as well, if I give the amount of eggs I had pledged, and when I found a Shiny?

P.S:

Please give me your luck FreakOutCrow ;~;
So I made it to 1200 eggs, and no Shiny Goomy :[ I'll up my pledge by 300 eggs, making it 5 batches of 60, to 1500 eggs. Hopefully I'll get more luck on this one :/

Sorry it's been a while I posted guys been busy with academics but here are my latest results

Egg count: 805
Shinies hatched: 3
Latest shiny: Trapinch (egg #585)
Next pledge: 1200 eggs

Can people still contribute?

gonna chip in 100 Eggs for a Shiny Omanyte

and going to chip in some of my data so far in AS:

Eggs hatched - 2,060(1800 pre-Shiny Charm so really around 260 w/Charm)
Shinies - 2(Bouffalant first-egg and Totodile in 3)

So I made it to 1200 eggs, and no Shiny Goomy :[ I'll up my pledge by 300 eggs, making it 5 batches of 60, to 1500 eggs. Hopefully I'll get more luck on this one :/
Well, 1500 eggs are done, and still nothing :[ I'm feeling quite demotivated at the moment, but I'll raise my pledge 300 eggs more to 1800 eggs. I don't know when I'll get these done, I'm going at a slower pace now.

Please please let me find that Shiny.

Well, 1500 eggs are done, and still nothing :[ I'm feeling quite demotivated at the moment, but I'll raise my pledge 300 eggs more to 1800 eggs. I don't know when I'll get these done, I'm going at a slower pace now.

Please please let me find that Shiny.
1800 eggs and no Shiny to be seen. As always, I'll up the pledge by 300 eggs to bring it up to 2100 eggs in total. I can only hope this batch can net me one finally. Here's to hoping.

The first shiny is likely the hardest. Just try you best and you will evenatly get it. Good luck
It's not actually my first shiny XD The first Shiny I ever did with the Masuda Method and Shiny Charm in X/Y was almost a year ago, with an Electrike. Thing is, it took me 344 eggs. I guess it really is all up to chance.

Thanks for your support anyway :)

Last edited:
2/26/15
Hello all. I would like to thank all of you for this valuable information. I have done a bit of breeding for shinies and I have done set commitments of 300 eggs at a time. I do have the shiny charm, a Japanese region ditto, and OT bred pokemon.

Here is my findings.

1st Shiny Chimchar

2nd Shiny Chimchar
0 of 300
0 of 300
276 of 300

1st & 2nd Eevee

Shiny Aron
4 of 300

Shiny Buneary
215 of 300.

2/28/15
0 of 300
146 of 300

3/1/15
I am going to commit to batches of 300 for a chespin until I get a shiny. I will let you know when I get 1.
I just have a thought to add to my post here that I have been kicking around. I think some pokemon are "locked" to individual gamer tags. I did the dexnav chaining method which has proven very successful in the past 61 of my shinies have come from that and they are all on average around 300 chain.

I hunted a Corsola over 2400 hunts with the longest chain over 600 and I did not get one. I went on my other game and found one in my first chain of 21.

I am working on breeding a chespin and am now at 1020 eggs with no shiny. I am wondering if it is locked, much like the gentleman above has been going for a gloomy with no luck.

I just have a thought to add to my post here that I have been kicking around. I think some pokemon are "locked" to individual gamer tags. I did the dexnav chaining method which has proven very successful in the past 61 of my shinies have come from that and they are all on average around 300 chain.

I hunted a Corsola over 2400 hunts with the longest chain over 600 and I did not get one. I went on my other game and found one in my first chain of 21.

I am working on breeding a chespin and am now at 1020 eggs with no shiny. I am wondering if it is locked, much like the gentleman above has been going for a gloomy with no luck.
Your theory is quite interesting, and I do believe there may be basis behind it in my history. In my Alpha Sapphire, I was completing my Dex and was trying to get the Froakie line, so I bred a Japanese Greninja to get two eggs, of which 1 of them was Shiny! Then, when I kept the Shiny and gave away the other Froakie on the GTS, I gathered 2 more eggs, 1 of which was Shiny again!

So I might have experienced something like this, but is there any way to actually find out if this hidden feature exists, or if it is simply just pure luck? Regardless of this, even if a Shiny Goomy is truly impossible (or at least very unlikely) for me to get, I think I will keep on going to 3000 eggs before considering putting my time elsewhere. After all, this is certainly not the longest Masuda Method that anyone has done before (though as far as I can see from the chart, it may be the longest number of eggs without any result so far)

Your theory is quite interesting, and I do believe there may be basis behind it in my history. In my Alpha Sapphire, I was completing my Dex and was trying to get the Froakie line, so I bred a Japanese Greninja to get two eggs, of which 1 of them was Shiny! Then, when I kept the Shiny and gave away the other Froakie on the GTS, I gathered 2 more eggs, 1 of which was Shiny again!

So I might have experienced something like this, but is there any way to actually find out if this hidden feature exists, or if it is simply just pure luck? Regardless of this, even if a Shiny Goomy is truly impossible (or at least very unlikely) for me to get, I think I will keep on going to 3000 eggs before considering putting my time elsewhere. After all, this is certainly not the longest Masuda Method that anyone has done before (though as far as I can see from the chart, it may be the longest number of eggs without any result so far)
Thanks for your thoughts on this. I am kind of in the same boat. I will do up to 3000 before I call it. Stupid thing is I already have a 5iv bulletproof chespin I got from a friend, but I already was at 631 eggs when he traded it to me so now I am committed to breeding a OT shiny. I'm stubborn I guess.

2/26/15 (Original Post)

Here is my findings.

1st Shiny Chimchar

2nd Shiny Chimchar
0 of 300
0 of 300
276 of 300

1st & 2nd Eevee

Shiny Aron
4 of 300

Shiny Buneary
215 of 300.

2/28/15 (Edited Post)
0 of 300
146 of 300

3/1/15 (Edited Post)

3/4/15 (Edited Post)
Chespin batches
0 of 300
0 of 300
0 of 300
0 of 300

3/7/15 (Edited Post)
Chespin batches v2
0 of 300
82 of 300 (Overgrow Ability and 5iv but not in defense, so that stinks, but I finally got it.)
1582 eggs.

Looks my luck is gone :( very demoralized. This is my second fav pokemon and cannot get it.
Now that I got My Chespin after 1582 eggs, I will pledge another 300 to get an Azumirill. It will be slower though because I am trying to build a team for vgc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)