VGC First RMT: Mega Salamence

So this is my first VGC team and it's been doing ok but of course I need some help to iron out the issue. Any feedback at all would be appreciated.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 232 HP / 84 Def / 112 SpA / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
- Tailwind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Protect

This guy is to help with speed control via tailwind and to possibly get a burn of with Scald. I picked over other choices as it's my only water resist, though it can't really do much to other water types which is problematic. Protect is for leftover stall and ice beam for dragons and Landorus.

Landorus (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Landorus is here to do what Landorus does best, intimidate opponents and hit hard. I chose him because I wanted and earthquaker and intimidator. Earthquake and Rock Slide are the usual spread moves; earthquake for stab, rocks for flinch, and U-Turn to swith to a better match up and Knock Off for utility. It also hits Aegislash nicely if I suspect them to have Wide Guard.

Spyro (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Salamence is my Mega and other Intimidator. I run a special set because of the abundance of burn and intimidate. Hyper Voice is stab with aerialate and a great spread move. Fire Blast is for Pokemon who resist my other moves, and can be great against Mega Mawile, Dragon Pulse over Draco Meteor to avoid Special Attack drops and Protect for scouting.

FABULOUS (Sylveon) (M) @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Def / 204 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Moonblast
- Helping Hand
- Protect

Sylveon is here to get any faster dragons which threaten Salamence. Two fairy moves may seem odd but Sylveon usually spams Hyper Voice and with this it can counter Wide Guard. Helping Hand powers up a faster partner who can possibly KO something which is threatening Sylveon. Protect is protect.
The EV's are so Sylveon can take hits so it can actually attack.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Close Combat
- Protect
- Quick Guard

Terrakion is my teams second physical attacker and has utility in quick guard. Rock Slide and Close Combat are STAB, as well as Rocks chance to flinch. Focus Sash can probably be replaced with something else, but it allows Terrakion to at least survive one hit and potentially KO whatever attacked it. Max speed and attack to hit fast and hit hard.

Heatran @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 180 HP / 252 SpA / 72 Spe
Modest Nature
- Heat Wave
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Protect

Heatran is here to get resist fairies which threaten Salamence. It also can counter other steel types well. Heat Wave is for spread and STAB, Earth Power for coverage and Wide Guard Aegislash, Flash Canon another STAB and hits fairies, protect for scouting. The speed EV's are so it can outspeed max speed neutral nature Bisharp and OHKO back with Heat Wave.

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Yo, what's up dude, your team looks great n_n I'm gonna go through each pokemon individually and give you my opinions on them:
Suicune: You're better off putting the Sitrus Berry on Suicune instead of the Leftovers since passive recovery in a fast metagame like VGC isn't the best. Other than that, it looks fine tbh
Landorus: looks fine
Salamence: Instead of a Timid nature, i suggest using a Modest nature since special Mega Mence's damage output is pretty low. Also Draco Meteor is a lot better than Dragon Pulse cause Pulse is really weak.
Sylveon: looks good, personally I would use a coverage move like Psyshock over Moonblast but that's just me
Terrakion: looks fine
Heatran: Moveset wise it looks fine, only thing I would change is swapping the Sitrus Berry with Chople/Shuca Berry. Chople weakens the damage of super effective Fighting moves while Shuca weakens the damage of super effective Ground moves. That one is up to preference though I would personally use Chople on your team since it'll allow you to live moves like Close Combat from Terrakion and KO back with Flash Cannon

Other than that your team looks great dude, hope i helped and good luck with your team n_n

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)