ORAS OU Mega Burrito's Cholo Squad! [Peak 2700+ COIL]

HippoBroRMT.jpg

Art by me :]​

Ayy, what's up smogonites! I'm Invok3r, and here's the team that I used to recently get reqs on mmeta suspect. This is also my 100th smogon post n_n!! The team is basically a bulky offense team, which was created around the core of mega burrito + hippo.

Here is some music that I listen to while building and battling:

Without further ado, the teambuilding process:​

I started with the hippo + megabro core. Basically, hippo tanks volt switches and thunderbolts aimed at bro, while mega burrito tanks water and ice attacks for hippo.

+

Next, I needed a mon with hazard removal, as hippo and bro are both grounded. Also, I wanted a mon that could provide speed control, and resist grass attacks. Latios was the obvious choice.

upload_2015-2-26_14-4-12.png
upload_2015-2-26_14-4-17.png
upload_2015-2-26_14-4-23.png

After that, I wanted a lati switchin that could also help with bisharps. I opted for low kick + pursuit bisharp, since it sounded like a good option.

upload_2015-2-26_14-5-23.png
upload_2015-2-26_14-5-13.png
upload_2015-2-26_14-5-32.png

The team now gets busted alive by mega scizor, so I added the og monster volcarona!!

upload_2015-2-26_14-10-38.png
upload_2015-2-26_14-11-1.png
upload_2015-2-26_14-11-27.png
upload_2015-2-26_14-11-37.png

Aight, now the team was looking p weak to stall AND bd azumarill. To fix this problem, I opted for kyu-b, as it wallbreaks amazingly well, and lives +6 azu aqua jet.

upload_2015-2-26_14-13-39.png
upload_2015-2-26_14-13-58.png
upload_2015-2-26_14-14-11.png
upload_2015-2-26_14-14-20.png
upload_2015-2-26_14-14-27.png

------THE TEAM------

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch / Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

I started the team off with a bro + hippo core, so I decided to run max spdef hippo to tank hits that slowbro can't. Max spdef hippo avoids the 2hko from lo gengar shadow ball, specs raikou hp ice, lo thundurus hp ice, and scarf mag flash cannon. (Specs mag has a small chance to 2hko)

Move analysis:

Crunch / Ice Fang

Although this seems like a weird option, crunch lets me kill lo gengar after recoil + sand damage, while giving me a better matchup vs lati twins. I wrote a little analysis of this set in the oras guide to lures thread here. Ice fang is an alternative option to crunch, it helps a ton vs mega sceptile and weakened lando-i.

Earthquake

Standard on hippo, a good stab attack.

Slack-Off

Needed recovery, helps hippo stay alive longer.

Stealth Rock

Standard, stealth rocks are almost necessary on a team.

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Thanks to celticpride for the new spread! :]

EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

The second half of the hippobro core. Although most people say max defense mega slowbro sucks, I like it personally, as it gives me a better way to deal with birds and dragons. Mega slowbro can tear through most teams late-game after their toxicer or strong special attacker is dead. One tip for using slowbro is not to mega-evolve unless you absolutely need the extra power or bulk, keeping regenerator comes in handy a lot.

Move analysis:

Scald

Scald is a necessary stab on slowbro, the 30% burn chance makes it extremely spammable.

Psyshock

I chose psyshock and slack off over sleep talk + rest as I find the ladder only really good on semi-stall teams. Also, psyshock helps keep keldeo from being a pain in the ass. Psyshock also lets you beat other cm'ers like clefable and suicune.

Calm Mind

Slowbro's bread and butter boosting move, after two boosts you can beat almost any special attacker while dishing out major damage.

Slack Off

Standard recovery move, keeps bro alive.

Thanks to geopolitics for suggesting latias over latios!

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Latias was added for a secondary keldeo check, hazard support, and a way to beat lando-i. It also helps absorb attacks and status from rotom wash, and it helps with mega pinsir. Overall, latias is a great fit for this team due to its speed and hazard control.

Move analysis:

Recover

Standard recovery, helps with landorus-i and sub cm keldeo.

Defog

Defog gives my team much-needed hazard removal, helps a ton with volcarona and kyu-b.

Draco Meteor

Latios's best stab, nukes a ton of offensive mons.

Psyshock

Good for mega venusaur and fighting types like conkeldurr and heracross. It's always good to have an attacking move that doesn't harshly lower your stat.

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Iron Head

I chose bisharp for the 4th member of my team. His main job is to switchin to latis, and check opposing bisharp. Although the moveset is unorthodox, it works its job well. I opted for max hp over max speed because it gives me extra cushioning against dracos, and allows me to live +1 gyara waterfall and ohko with low kick. Bisharp also has the only priority on this team, so it helps in many situations. Also, bisharp is a cool ferro lure, as knock off + low kick kills that fat piece of shit. A dead ferro = easier slowbro sweep.

Move analysis:

Sucker Punch

Bisharp's bread and butter move, helps kill a weakened metagross. It also helps to revenge kill offensive setup sweepers.

Knock Off

An extremely spammable move, deals a ton of damage with life orb. Doesn't need much explanation.

Low Kick

Low kick is a great option to check opposing bisharps, mega gyara, and to 2hko ferro on the switch.

Iron Head

This slot was originally pursuit, but unaware cm clefable was a bitch so iron head helps with that. Iron head is a great coverage move in general on bisharp.

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Roost
Ahh, volcarona, everyone's favorite fire moth. I chose this mon because I needed a way to threaten stall teams, mega sableye, and check mega scizor. (It counters if stealth rocks aren't up) I opted for the bulky spread that showdown gave me, as it lets me setup on a ton of things, and tank priority moves. The reason I have a lum berry is so I can absorb t-waves or toxics that would otherwise hinder a sweep. Overall, volcarona is an extremely fun mon that fits in well with the team.

Move analysis:

Quiver Dance

Volcarona's bread and butter setup move, it boosts special attack, special defense, and speed by one stage.

Fiery Dance

I opted for this over fire blast because the extra pp and accuracy comes in handy vs stall, and is just more reliable overall.

Giga Drain

I chose giga drain because it kills most bulky water types after a few quiver dances. It also helps vs stall, as it okos quag.

Roost

Roost volcarona is necessary for stallbreaking, and is pretty much necessary on a bulky volcarona. Another reason I have roost is so I can check mega sceptile, who is a big threat to this team.

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 96 Atk / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Kyurem-Black was added to this team to check bd azu, and wallbreak. It's so fucking underrated in this meta, many offensive and balanced teams run 0 switchins. I opted to run a lo set, because the extra power allows it do its job well. The ev spread is to outspeed max speed jolly bisharp, while maximizing damage output. This is strongly based on my opinion, but I think Kyu-b has the best coverage in OU, it hits so many mons for SE damage.

Move analysis:

Ice Beam

Kyurem's only necessary stab attack. Having it lets cube threaten most stealth rockers, which helps volcarona a ton.

Fusion Bolt

Fusion bolt is an amazing coverage move for kyurem. It is needed to check azumarill, and it hits slowbro and defensive starmie for good damage.

Earth Power

Earth power is a sweet coverage move, which hits levitate mons due to teravolt. This is good to hit heatrans, jirachis, rotoms, raikou, and more mons. Overall an amazing coverage option.

Hidden Power [Fire]

For the final coverage move, I opted for hp fire. This is because I feel that it provides much more coverage than outrage or dragon claw. It also makes kyu-b my second ferro lure, so mega burrito can run thru teams. Hp fire can also hit scizor on the switch, which is handy I guess.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 76 HP / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Low Kick
- Pursuit

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Def / 52 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance
- Giga Drain
- Roost

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 96 Atk / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Shoutouts to JohnYiu for helping me with the banner, and for being a gr8 fren on showdown.

Shoutouts to ArchPhantom, I talk to him a lot on showdown, he's an amazing teambuilder.

Shoutouts to Croven for being a cool fren.

Lastly, shoutouts to my boi Wond3rbread for being my best fren in pokes, gs9 go so hard.

I only used this team for about half of my suspect test run, hence the bad record.

http://prntscr.com/6abd8f

Threatlist:

Hydreigon is a huge threat to the team, but hippo can avoid a few dp flinches and continuously slack off. After some lo recoils + sand domage, I can switch in bisharp and kill it with sucker.

Mega sceptile is a huge threat to this team. If sr are down, volc can counter it, and check if sr are up. Bisharp can also ohko with sucker punch after stealth rocks. If you really want to, you can run ice fang on hippo to ohko it. However, sceptile isn't really that common so I dont think it's worth it.

If it's dd mega altaria, I can go into slowbro and fish for scald burns. If sr are down, volc can handle it pretty well.

That's all I can think of, will add more later.

Conclusion:

Thanks for reading my rmt, I respect constructive criticism. I'm Invok3r on showdown, so if you see me, be sure to say hi! Thanks again for reading! n_n

Attachments

Last edited:

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It looks like Mega Sharpedo definitely runs through the team, albeit it's rather uncommon. You also have a total of 0 switchins to all out attacking Landorus-I. Maybe try a Keldeo over one of your mons to provide some support vs. These two, as well as a more reliant Bisharp check.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power (Ice)

Overall youre using some under appreciated mons, like Kube and Volcarona. Looks cool. Good luck!

One of the most solid teams I've seen.

I would add Mega-Gyarados to threat list, especially since Gyarados gets Crunch now, allowing it to break through Slowbro, as well as deal with Kyu-B, and Bisharp as well if it has the slightest bit of damage. Gyarados can use Hippo for set up bait, and even slowbro if it carries sub. It can also maybe get away with setting up on Volc for one time without mega-evo-ing.

I would also add Sash Breloom as well to the threat list, because it can easily spore on Mega-Bro or Hippo, Mach Punch will kill even 252 HP Bisharp, really hurt Kyurem-B, and Rock Tomb on the Volc predict slaughters volc.

That being said, your team still has methods of dealing with those threats, and I wouldn't change around anything too much. I would just like to point them out (even though they suggested not to in the how to rates), so you can better prepare if you do happen to run into those threats.

Perhaps one switch would be to swap Volcorona with Talonflame. While talonflame doesn't do much to the previous threats I mentioned, it can break stall like your current Volc does, is a sure-fire check to M-Sceptile unlike Volc, and can handle M-Altaria decently well. It would also help with the speed issues, as really hard base 110's can have their way with your team. Adding Talonflame also allows you to run Roar on Hippo or Toxic, thus giving you phasing or even helping wear down any Gyarados, limiting it's sweep.

Definetely some really creative sets though (Low Kick Bulky Bisharp in particular), and it's already really solid as it is.

I'd take the EVs on Mega Slowbro down a little bit. The immense physical bulk is nice, but there is a certain point that you are better off investing in other stats. Seeing as you are using a Calm Mind set, I'd recommend investing in Special Defense. 80 Defense EVs and a Bold nature allow you to check Diggersby with Rocks up on your side, so that's a solid benchmark to shoot for. The remaining 176 EVs should go into Special Defense. Just to show the difference, With your spread, at +1 you have 504 Defense and 294 Special Defense. With the one I recommended, you hit 457 Defense and 360 Special Defense at +1. The second scenario gives you a better chance at a longer term set-up, and helps with things like Latios in general.

Kind of a drastic change, but you could go from Volc and Bisharp to Talonflame and Clefable. I don't like changing too much on people's teams because then it becomes less of their team, but that might be a net positive. Clefable can lure Ferro with Fire coverage, and adding Heal Bell on it might help Mega Bro more, who hates any kind of Toxic. Clef also checks Lati@s well. Talon adds priority and a Scizor check. So everything is essentially replaced in some form but you also add Heal Bell as a net positive. Not going to force that too much, but it's an option if you find Slowbro getting Toxic'd too much.

Outside of that nice team!

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

----
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

It looks like Mega Sharpedo definitely runs through the team, albeit it's rather uncommon. You also have a total of 0 switchins to all out attacking Landorus-I. Maybe try a Keldeo over one of your mons to provide some support vs. These two, as well as a more reliant Bisharp check.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power (Ice)

Overall youre using some under appreciated mons, like Kube and Volcarona. Looks cool. Good luck!

Thanks for the rate fren :]

You said I don't have any switchins to all out attacking lando-i, but keldeo gets ohkod by psychic. Keldeo is also a less reliable bisharp check because it's less physically bulky.

One of the most solid teams I've seen.

I would add Mega-Gyarados to threat list, especially since Gyarados gets Crunch now, allowing it to break through Slowbro, as well as deal with Kyu-B, and Bisharp as well if it has the slightest bit of damage. Gyarados can use Hippo for set up bait, and even slowbro if it carries sub. It can also maybe get away with setting up on Volc for one time without mega-evo-ing.

I would also add Sash Breloom as well to the threat list, because it can easily spore on Mega-Bro or Hippo, Mach Punch will kill even 252 HP Bisharp, really hurt Kyurem-B, and Rock Tomb on the Volc predict slaughters volc.

That being said, your team still has methods of dealing with those threats, and I wouldn't change around anything too much. I would just like to point them out (even though they suggested not to in the how to rates), so you can better prepare if you do happen to run into those threats.

Perhaps one switch would be to swap Volcorona with Talonflame. While talonflame doesn't do much to the previous threats I mentioned, it can break stall like your current Volc does, is a sure-fire check to M-Sceptile unlike Volc, and can handle M-Altaria decently well. It would also help with the speed issues, as really hard base 110's can have their way with your team. Adding Talonflame also allows you to run Roar on Hippo or Toxic, thus giving you phasing or even helping wear down any Gyarados, limiting it's sweep.

Definetely some really creative sets though (Low Kick Bulky Bisharp in particular), and it's already really solid as it is.

I will update the threat list for mega gyara when I have time. When facing it, I just have to keep bisharp and/or kyu-b healthy to check it. Breloom is annoying, but latios + volcarona can deal with it pretty well. I'm not sure about talonflame > volcarona, because it doesn't break mega sableye stall nearly as well. I might try it out though! Thanks for the rate :]

I'd take the EVs on Mega Slowbro down a little bit. The immense physical bulk is nice, but there is a certain point that you are better off investing in other stats. Seeing as you are using a Calm Mind set, I'd recommend investing in Special Defense. 80 Defense EVs and a Bold nature allow you to check Diggersby with Rocks up on your side, so that's a solid benchmark to shoot for. The remaining 176 EVs should go into Special Defense. Just to show the difference, With your spread, at +1 you have 504 Defense and 294 Special Defense. With the one I recommended, you hit 457 Defense and 360 Special Defense at +1. The second scenario gives you a better chance at a longer term set-up, and helps with things like Latios in general.

Kind of a drastic change, but you could go from Volc and Bisharp to Talonflame and Clefable. I don't like changing too much on people's teams because then it becomes less of their team, but that might be a net positive. Clefable can lure Ferro with Fire coverage, and adding Heal Bell on it might help Mega Bro more, who hates any kind of Toxic. Clef also checks Lati@s well. Talon adds priority and a Scizor check. So everything is essentially replaced in some form but you also add Heal Bell as a net positive. Not going to force that too much, but it's an option if you find Slowbro getting Toxic'd too much.

Outside of that nice team!

Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

----
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Heal Bell
- Soft-Boiled

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
Wow, thanks for the extremely detailed rate bro! I will definitely try the slowbro set, but I am worried that it will make me more dd altaria weak. About the clefable + talon suggestion, it sounds pretty good for dealing with dragons. However, adding sd talon would make me EXTREMELY stall weak, it would eat me alive. Thanks again for providing me with the extremely detailed rate and the custom slowbro spread!! :] ps lakers > celtics js

Croven

certified genius
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
DPL Champion
Thanks for shoutout fren ;}

On my phone so I can't give a full rate (not that it'd help since I'm terrible at rating hue), but you REALLY lack Lati@s switch ins. Sure, you have Bisharp, but it gets itself into a 50/50 if the Lati has HP Fire or whatever. I'm going to suggest Assault Vest Bisharp over what you have now. Sure, you lose some power, but the benefit of reliably taking out the Latis really outweighs it imo. I can't get a spread right now (like I said, on my phone :s), so you're gonna have to get that yourself :[ Basically, put AV Sharp on there for reliability in checking the Latis since it's a pretty large threat to your team.

Besides that, great team, looks wonderful and very well built!

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the rate fren :]

You said I don't have any switchins to all out attacking lando-i, but keldeo gets ohkod by psychic. Keldeo is also a less reliable bisharp check because it's less physically bulky.

I will update the threat list for mega gyara when I have time. When facing it, I just have to keep bisharp and/or kyu-b healthy to check it. Breloom is annoying, but latios + volcarona can deal with it pretty well. I'm not sure about talonflame > volcarona, because it doesn't break mega sableye stall nearly as well. I might try it out though! Thanks for the rate :]

Wow, thanks for the extremely detailed rate bro! I will definitely try the slowbro set, but I am worried that it will make me more dd altaria weak. About the clefable + talon suggestion, it sounds pretty good for dealing with dragons. However, adding sd talon would make me EXTREMELY stall weak, it would eat me alive. Thanks again for providing me with the extremely detailed rate and the custom slowbro spread!! :] ps lakers > celtics js
Keldeo wasn't supposed to switch in as much as scare it out. Also Keldeo resists both STABs of Bisharp, plus it has 91/90 physical bulk which is more than enough.

Thanks for shoutout fren ;}

On my phone so I can't give a full rate (not that it'd help since I'm terrible at rating hue), but you REALLY lack Lati@s switch ins. Sure, you have Bisharp, but it gets itself into a 50/50 if the Lati has HP Fire or whatever. I'm going to suggest Assault Vest Bisharp over what you have now. Sure, you lose some power, but the benefit of reliably taking out the Latis really outweighs it imo. I can't get a spread right now (like I said, on my phone :s), so you're gonna have to get that yourself :[ Basically, put AV Sharp on there for reliability in checking the Latis since it's a pretty large threat to your team.

Besides that, great team, looks wonderful and very well built!
Thanks for the rate cholito. AV sharp sounds cool, but I'd have to run spdef to even avoid the 2hko from hp fire. Maybe you could transfer evs from hp to spdef, but then it would be less fat against sharpedo and gyarados. I will definitely try out av sharp tho. Thanks again for being a gud fren and for the rate n_n!!

Keldeo wasn't supposed to switch in as much as scare it out. Also Keldeo resists both STABs of Bisharp, plus it has 91/90 physical bulk which is more than enough.
Ok.

Edit: Added a ton of replays.

Last edited:
Nice and bulky Volcarona my fren, I like it n_n

I find that ur team is weak to Sp.Def Heatran with Toxic. Both Latios and Volcarona got walled by it, and Toxic will destroy ur whole team that stop ur slowbro and volcarona from setting up, and Bisharp is too slow to hit Heatran while it still 2HKO bish even if ur running AV.

Therefore, here's some suggestions:

For Mega Slowbro, I suggest running Bold nature, 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 SpD, its the standard Mega Crobro set, and its very effective
Also, to deal with Heatran more effectively, I would suggest Latios changing Recover -> Earthquake, running Hasty nature and add 4 Atk ev from SpD instead.

Hey John, thanks for the rate! n_n

Yeah spdef heatran can be difficult, but I have a couple ways to check it. I will try the slowbro spread out, but maybe celticpride's spread might work better. This is because it gives me more fat to take hits from dd mega altaria, while fishing for scald burns. I will try eq out on latios also!

Thanks again!

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You should run 248 hp on your mons instead of 252 to limit residual damage. Will provide more full rate later.

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power (Ice)

Kyurem black defeats Sharpedo easily. Sharpedo doesn't have any reliable ways to take down this bulky behemoth, and is instant killed by Fusion bolt. Just keep it healthy until you u need to stop sharpedo. stopping sharpedo once basically ends it's threat b/c no more speed boost.

nice team, nerd

just a few changes that I would recommend (obviously you dont have to take em; you're better at this than I am lmao)

1. I would prob change out your lati for its sister, as you are kinda threatened by ebelt keldeo and subcm (or even specs for that matter if it just spams scald). Plus, it just makes your team a lil bulkier (which fits better imo :]]]])

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog

also I agree w/ the AV change on Bisharp, it really helps you vs lati (with your spread iirc you take like 35% from latias' draco :] anyhow, gratz on reqs and best of luck with the regular ladder climb!

Hey fren, thanks for the s/o n_n

I love your team; it isn't the .jpg that you see running around and you use some really innovative sets, so props to you on that. The way your team works together is beautiful too. Ok, I do not want to change your team so I'll just suggest a few things to answer some of the Threatlist.

I remember us discussing how big of a threat DD Malatria is to your team so I'm seconding aPandaCub's suggestion of Talonflame > Volcarona and Celticpride's suggestion of the Slowbro EV spread. You did mention Tflame doesn't break sableye stall as effectively, which is true, but it gives you a solid answer to some of the biggest threats to your team, namely DD variants of Maltaria and M-Sceptile. I'm thinking something along the lines of a SDef Wisp Tflame (perhaps with SD over Taunt), for it can cripple Maltaria, eat up hits from Sceptile and still check/counter Scizor, much like Volcarona. The only thing is it not being nearly as effective vs M sableye stall builds. If it's 3 attacks Altaria with Roost, it is effectively walled by Tflame. So there's that.

+1 252+ Atk Pixilate Altaria Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 210-248 (58.4 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I don't know how important it is, but you might want to outspeed max speed Timid Heatran's as well as Adamant Excadrill on Kyurem-Black. 212 EVs in speed does this. Other than that, your team looks really good and I hope you have much success with it. n_n

nice team, nerd

just a few changes that I would recommend (obviously you dont have to take em; you're better at this than I am lmao)

1. I would prob change out your lati for its sister, as you are kinda threatened by ebelt keldeo and subcm (or even specs for that matter if it just spams scald). Plus, it just makes your team a lil bulkier (which fits better imo :]]]])

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog

also I agree w/ the AV change on Bisharp, it really helps you vs lati (with your spread iirc you take like 35% from latias' draco :] anyhow, gratz on reqs and best of luck with the regular ladder climb!
Thanks for the rate, cracker.

Latias sounds like a cool option for more bulk, will try it out. Will try av sharp when I have time also.

Hey fren, thanks for the s/o n_n

I love your team; it isn't the .jpg that you see running around and you use some really innovative sets, so props to you on that. The way your team works together is beautiful too. Ok, I do not want to change your team so I'll just suggest a few things to answer some of the Threatlist.

I remember us discussing how big of a threat DD Malatria is to your team so I'm seconding aPandaCub's suggestion of Talonflame > Volcarona and Celticpride's suggestion of the Slowbro EV spread. You did mention Tflame doesn't break sableye stall as effectively, which is true, but it gives you a solid answer to some of the biggest threats to your team, namely DD variants of Maltaria and M-Sceptile. I'm thinking something along the lines of a SDef Wisp Tflame (perhaps with SD over Taunt), for it can cripple Maltaria, eat up hits from Sceptile and still check/counter Scizor, much like Volcarona. The only thing is it not being nearly as effective vs M sableye stall builds. If it's 3 attacks Altaria with Roost, it is effectively walled by Tflame. So there's that.

+1 252+ Atk Pixilate Altaria Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 210-248 (58.4 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

I don't know how important it is, but you might want to outspeed max speed Timid Heatran's as well as Adamant Excadrill on Kyurem-Black. 212 EVs in speed does this. Other than that, your team looks really good and I hope you have much success with it. n_n

Ayy, np fren. Yeah, talonflame > volcarona sounds like a niche option for more bulk, I will try it out when I have more time. Im thinking of using the taunt bulk up set, as it is good vs altaria and stall. Thanks again for the rate! n_n

Hey there,really nice team ^_^

So I looked at the team and here are some things that I noticed:

• How do you deal with +1 M-Gyarados? Bar Volcarona who doesn't deal with it if it hasn't pulled off a QD,your team is really weak to it.SubDD Sets will ruin your day.
  • M-Diancie is a huge threat to your team once Hippowdon is gone,that's why I'd suggest using Celticpride set for M-Slowbro.
  • Double Dance Landorus-T is another mon that works your team quite a bit.I'm not sure how it does against the new spread for M-Slowbro but it does run through the others in your team.
You could always play around them though as I'm sure you are a player that's good enough to know how to deal with these threats by playing around them.

Hope I helped :]

Hey there,really nice team ^_^

So I looked at the team and here are some things that I noticed:

• How do you deal with +1 M-Gyarados? Bar Volcarona who doesn't deal with it if it hasn't pulled off a QD,your team is really weak to it.SubDD Sets will ruin your day.
  • M-Diancie is a huge threat to your team once Hippowdon is gone,that's why I'd suggest using Celticpride set for M-Slowbro.
  • Double Dance Landorus-T is another mon that works your team quite a bit.I'm not sure how it does against the new spread for M-Slowbro but it does run through the others in your team.
You could always play around them though as I'm sure you are a player that's good enough to know how to deal with these threats by playing around them.

Hope I helped :]
When someone gets to +1 with mega gyarados, I have two ways to check it. I can live +1 waterfall with bish and kill with low kick. Kyu-b lives +1 crunch after rocks and kills with fusion bolt.

Mega diancie is a threat, I have already changed the slowbro spread to what celticpride suggested.

Double dance lando-t is threatening, but mega slowbro does pretty well against it, and bish checks it if weakened.

Thanks for the extremely detailed and helpful rate!! n_n

sick ass squad bunch fat shit everywhere with support is nice vs stall. I cannot fathom how sick this squad looks! good job bro nice to see something nice once in awhile. The only weakness I see is mega sceptile which you might wanna make kyurem scarf to beat it or like a fairy would be nice gl. Speed on sharp is needed vs mons like tyranitar and heatran

Giga Drain
I chose giga drain because it kills most bulky water types after a few quiver dances. It also helps vs stall, as it ohkos giga drain.

Great team, I love the creativity in the Hippo/Slowbro core and enjoy the fact that you use Volcarona. I also like how Volcarona's position on the team is complemented with a hazard remover (Latios) and Talonflame counters (Hippo/Slowbro ._.). This looks like a challenging team to face.

And for the above quote, you might want to edit it, because I don't know exactly what Giga Drain is OHKOing.
Sorry for not leaving a rate. I don't trust in my ability to change a person's way of building a team.​

Scotti

we back.
I hate rating good teams. Hard to find things wrong with it, but at lass I have found a flaw that I can help with.

Your team is actually pretty weak to bird spam. After watching some replays with mega pinsir and tflame, I can see how it is a big threat to your team. Honestly I feel like Rock Slide > crunch. Mega Pinsir can be a huge threat to your team, mostly if you don't get the scald burn. Rock Slide keeps mega pinsir from getting a free sd up on hippowdon. I also think you should change hippowdon spread to a more mixed spread to take on mega pinsir and tflame better. EV: 84 Def | 172 Spdef | 252 HP | Impish Nature. Rock Slide also does neutral to gengar, latios, and hydreigon which is nice. This also helps with more offensive teams, that try to overpower you with physical attackers. Once mega slowbro dies you really have nothing to defeat them. So team that have a lot of powerful physical wallbreakers, will give you a lot of trouble. This change might alleviate the pressure off of mega slowbro. I also recommend changing bisharp spread to 152 Hp | 252 Atk | 104 Spdef. This spread gives you a high chance to live a life orb latios draco meteor, and a -2 hp fire. It can still die, but that chance is really small, and pursuit does a enough to kill latios after taking 2 things of life orb recoil.

There is not much else I can really change. This team is really solid. nice job :]

I hate rating good teams. Hard to find things wrong with it, but at lass I have found a flaw that I can help with.

Your team is actually pretty weak to bird spam. After watching some replays with mega pinsir and tflame, I can see how it is a big threat to your team. Honestly I feel like Rock Slide > crunch. Mega Pinsir can be a huge threat to your team, mostly if you don't get the scald burn. Rock Slide keeps mega pinsir from getting a free sd up on hippowdon. I also think you should change hippowdon spread to a more mixed spread to take on mega pinsir and tflame better. EV: 84 Def | 172 Spdef | 252 HP | Impish Nature. Rock Slide also does neutral to gengar, latios, and hydreigon which is nice. This also helps with more offensive teams, that try to overpower you with physical attackers. Once mega slowbro dies you really have nothing to defeat them. So team that have a lot of powerful physical wallbreakers, will give you a lot of trouble. This change might alleviate the pressure off of mega slowbro. I also recommend changing bisharp spread to 152 Hp | 252 Atk | 104 Spdef. This spread gives you a high chance to live a life orb latios draco meteor, and a -2 hp fire. It can still die, but that chance is really small, and pursuit does a enough to kill latios after taking 2 things of life orb recoil.

There is not much else I can really change. This team is really solid. nice job :]
Geopolitic's suggestion of latias over latios helps more with birdspam, it can live +2 quick attack and kill with draco. I will try out bisharp spread :].

Great team, I love the creativity in the Hippo/Slowbro core and enjoy the fact that you use Volcarona. I also like how Volcarona's position on the team is complemented with a hazard remover (Latios) and Talonflame counters (Hippo/Slowbro ._.). This looks like a challenging team to face.

And for the above quote, you might want to edit it, because I don't know exactly what Giga Drain is OHKOing.
Sorry for not leaving a rate. I don't trust in my ability to change a person's way of building a team.​
Fixed :] Giga ohkos quag.

Amazing team, dude! Had a lot of fun trying it out. Definitely recommend Healing Wish on Latias over roost/recover; it's often seen as a sort of HO choice but it happens to work quite well here, with Slowbro, Hippo and Volc all benefiting greatly from the free switch/second chance. MegaBurrito in particular is a patient setup sweeper who likes to check things early game and is totally boned by status--prime Healing Wish recipient. I also second the above suggestions to try AV Bisharp; while not the most optimal set in the world (anyone would want to run LO/Black Glasses and speed), this particular team reeeeally struggles with the latis and your current (rather inefficient imo) spread puts you in a million 50/50s where you'd rather just get off the guaranteed pursuit. AVest and enough bulk to survive double draco from LO Latios should suffice.

Finally, I'd honestly consider Scarf Kyu-B. Your matchup vs stall is fairly sound between crobro and Volc (who pretty much insta-wins on its own) and although it damages your balance matchup a bit, Scarf Kyu-B offers a nice buffer against offensive teams while still maintaining some wallbreaking efficacy. It may prove itself deadweight in many games, but at a certain point you're honestly just stacked against defensive teams. All that aside, it also has a decent surprise factor and (when running Iron Head, since your Bisharp doesn't) gives you a decent Fairy killer in clutch situations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)