Pokeball: Level Ball
Shiny: Yes
Pentagon: Yes
Moves: Leaf Storm/Sleep Powder/Spikes/Seed Bomb
Nature: Timid
Region of origin: Kalos
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ribbons: None
Notes: Its memories say "Roselia hatched from an egg and saw Calem for the first time at the Pokemon Day Care. The Pokemon remembers that its feelings were indescribable. Roselia became [My trainer's name]'s friend when it came through Link Trade at a Pokemon Center. The Pokemon remembers that it couldn't be true to its feelings." It also says it was hatched on October 11th.

Language: ENG
Species: Charizard
OT: STEF
ID No.: 39103
IVs: not sure (Still haven't got that far in the game to check with the guy who can tell you) EV's are: HP: 146 Atk: 252 & Spd: 112
Ability: Blaze
Level: 100
Pokeball: Poke ball
Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Roost
Nature: Adamant
Region of origin: Faraway Place (as with my previously mentioned Garchomp)
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about
Notes: Received with Pokerus, egg received and hatched on 12/01/2014 (I didn't hatch it, I received it at level 100.) Has memories: Charizard saw the previous trainer use Rare Candies. The Pokémon remembers it felt nostalgic. Charizard became my friend when it arrived via Link Trade at Pokémon centre, The Pokémon remembers that couldn't be true to its feelings.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Species: Roselia
OT: Calem
ID No.: 62925
IVs: All 31
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 1
Pokeball: Level Ball
Pentagon: Yes
Moves: Leaf Storm/Sleep Powder/Spikes/Seed Bomb
Nature: Timid
Notes: Its memories say "Roselia hatched from an egg and saw Calem for the first time at the Pokemon Day Care. The Pokemon remembers that its feelings were indescribable. Roselia became [My trainer's name]'s friend when it came through Link Trade at a Pokemon Center. The Pokemon remembers that it couldn't be true to its feelings." It also says it was hatched on October 11th.
Seems legal enough, as you can catch Budew in the wild (and outside Safari Zone) in HGSS, and evolve it to make it a breeding parent to pass down Level Ball (if its female obviously)

Might be hacked though, especially the 31/31/31/31/31/31 IVs part & the generic Trainer Name...

Species: Charizard
OT: STEF
ID No.: 39103
IVs: not sure (Still haven't got that far in the game to check with the guy who can tell you) EV's are: HP: 146 Atk: 252 & Spd: 112
Ability: Blaze
Pokeball: Poke ball
Moves: Dragon Dance, Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Roost
Region of origin: Faraway Place (as with my previously mentioned Garchomp)
Notes: Received with Pokerus, egg received and hatched on 12/01/2014 (I didn't hatch it, I received it at level 100.) Has memories: Charizard saw the previous trainer use Rare Candies. The Pokémon remembers it felt nostalgic. Charizard became my friend when it arrived via Link Trade at Pokémon centre, The Pokémon remembers that couldn't be true to its feelings.
More likely hacked, as I'm familiar with the hacker using the OT STEFANO or STEF from way back Pokecheck was still up & running. I could be wrong though, as all other aspects seems legal.

EDIT: What game are you using again? XY or ORAS? If it's ORAS & from breeding, it won't show up as "Faraway Place" unless it's hacked, or you're using XY.

Last edited:
More likely hacked, as I'm familiar with the hacker using the OT STEFANO or STEF from way back Pokecheck was still up & running. I could be wrong though, as all others seems legal.

EDIT: What game are you using again? XY or ORAS? If it's ORAS & from breeding, it won't show up as "Faraway Place" unless it's hacked, or you're using XY.
I'm using Pokemon Y and he said that all his Pokemon came from ORAS.

Hello guys, I'm new to Smogon and I just want to know if this Pokemon I got of wondertrade is hacked or not.

Species: Lopunny
OT: Chris
ID No.: 12345
IVs: 6*31
EVs (optional): Max Attack and Max Speed other four I don't know
Ability: Limber
Pokemon's name: Lopunny
Level: 50
Pokeball: Healball
Shiny?: Yes
Pentagon?: I'm german what's Pentagon I don't know
Moves: Fake Out, Return, Drain Punch, Ice Punch
Region of origin: I guess Hoenn because it's from the Battle Resort and it came out of an egg
Characteristic: Takes plenty of siestas
Other comments (optional): It came with Leftovers and the fact that it's so perfect and the ID of 12345 questions that it's real.

Hello guys, I'm new to Smogon and I just want to know if this Pokemon I got of wondertrade is hacked or not.

Species: Lopunny
OT: Chris
ID No.: 12345
EVs (optional): Max Attack and Max Speed other four I don't know
Ability: Limber
Pokemon's name: Lopunny
Level: 50
Pokeball: Healball
Pentagon?: I'm german what's Pentagon I don't know
Moves: Fake Out, Return, Drain Punch, Ice Punch
Region of origin: I guess Hoenn because it's from the Battle Resort and it came out of an egg
Other comments (optional): It came with Leftovers and the fact that it's so perfect and the ID of 12345 questions that it's real.
It's outwardly legal, but yeah, 12345 is the default TID of PkHex so it's most likely hacked.

Please can someone check over this Talonflame?

Species: Talonflame
OT: Yoh
ID No.: 16393
IVs: not sure (Still haven't got that far in the game to check with the guy who can tell you) EV's are: HP: 84 Atk: 252 Def: 2 & Spd: 172
Ability: Gale Wings
Pokeball: Repeat ball
Moves: Brave Bird, Tailwind, Flare Blitz, Quick Guard
Region of origin: Lumiose City (egg hatched 30th March 2014)
Notes: Received with Pokerus, egg received and hatched on 30/03/2014 (I didn't hatch it, I received it at level 100.) Has memories: Hatched from egg and saw original trainer for the first time at a large city. The Pokemon remembers it got teary eyed and as Talonflame became Chris's friend when it arrived via Link Trade at Pokemon centre. It remembers that it was glad.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Please can someone check over this Talonflame?

Species: Talonflame
ID No.: 16393
IVs: not sure (Still haven't got that far in the game to check with the guy who can tell you) EV's are: HP: 84 Atk: 252 Def: 2 & Spd: 172
Ability: Gale Wings
Pokeball: Repeat ball
Moves: Brave Bird, Tailwind, Flare Blitz, Quick Guard
Region of origin: Lumiose City (egg hatched 30th March 2014)
Notes: Received with Pokerus, egg received and hatched on 30/03/2014 (I didn't hatch it, I received it at level 100.) Has memories: Hatched from egg and saw original trainer for the first time at a large city. The Pokemon remembers it got teary eyed and as Talonflame became Chris's friend when it arrived via Link Trade at Pokemon centre. It remembers that it was glad.
If the summary says the egg was obtained in a link trade, then it's probably a TSV hatched shiny

If the summary says the egg was obtained in a link trade, then it's probably a TSV hatched shiny
I looked at the summary page of the Pokemon and it says:

Egg received: 3/30/2014
Egg hatched: Apparently 3/30/2014
Where: Lumiose City
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.

Does that mean the guy who traded it to me can make shiny eggs? Is this Talonflame a hack?

I looked at the summary page of the Pokemon and it says:

Egg received: 3/30/2014
Egg hatched: Apparently 3/30/2014
Where: Lumiose City
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.

Does that mean the guy who traded it to me can make shiny eggs? Is this Talonflame a hack?
Just as a point of reference for all these hack checks...are they all from the same person you mentioned the first time you asked? (Met in a GAME store and whatnot?) There really isn't a definitive way to check if pentagon pokemon are hacked without some kind of error in the editing process, and tbh, most of these look fine...if it is from the same person, and you're that worried about it...I would just stop trading them

Just as a point of reference for all these hack checks...are they all from the same person you mentioned the first time you asked? (Met in a GAME store and whatnot?) There really isn't a definitive way to check if pentagon pokemon are hacked without some kind of error in the editing process, and tbh, most of these look fine...if it is from the same person, and you're that worried about it...I would just stop trading them
Yes it's from the same guy. I only traded for those 3 Pokemon that I've mentioned here already. It was a moment of weakness where I thought I could be getting something amazing without thinking of consequences. When I read about hack checks, I got worried. I wanted to put my mind at ease by asking here. I won't be trading with them in the future. I think it's a lot safer to build my own Pokemon. At least I know where they came from etc. After all it can't be that hard to create a decent team. That's one of the main reasons why I joined this site in order to learn how to do that.

Language: English
Species: Terrakion
OT: SquillZ
ID No.: 25292
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs (optional): 252 Attack/252 Speed/ 6HP
Ability:Justified
Pokemon's name: Terrakion
Level:100
Pokeball: Ultra Ball
Pentagon?: Yes
Moves: Earthquake/X-Scissor/Stone Edge/Close Combat
Nature: Jolly
Region of origin: Pathless pain (ORAS)
Characteristic:Somewhat Vain
Ribbons: Skillful Battler Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Recieved via Wonder Trade

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm (and anyone would be) 99.9% sure that Terrakion is hacked. Never trust anything like that coming from WT or random passerbys.

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
A flawless shiny Gen VI legend that came from wonder trade...

Gonna take a shot in the dark and say it's probably (aka: almost positively) hacked.

.com

Grumpy old man
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Any proof its hacked though?
"Proof" doesn't work like that this generation. I'm not going to get into specifics, but unless the hacker is an idiot, there's seldom evidence of hacking.

That said, you should consider the source of the Pokémon above whether it has a large "I am a hack" sticker on it.
This used to be somewhere in the rules (although it's since been deleted), but there is a common sense clause in hack checks.

If a Pokémon is most likely hacked, then the requirement of proof falls to the person trying to convince others that it is not hacked; not to those trying to prove that it is.

Before any further needless conversation about this goes on, the Pokémon is most likely hacked. If you wish to trade it here, then please provide evidence (videos of the trader soft-resetting, etc.) that it is not hacked.

I got this off of the Wonder Trade recently. That's enough to make me suspicious enough to throw it into a "Suspect" box until we get something like Poke Check, but I figured I might as well post it here just in case anyone has seen this specific Pokemon or, at the very least, the OT/ID combo before. Or if there's something obvious I'm missing.

Language: Japanese
Species: Umbreon
OT: Wolfie
ID 09366
No.: 197
EVs (optional): Appears to be max HP, max SpecialDefense, and the rest in Defense, according to Super Training
Ability: Synchronize
Pokemon's name: Umbreon
Level: 55
Pokeball: Luxury
Moves: Wish / Protect / Heal Bell / Foul Play, in that order
Nature: Calm
Ribbons: none
Other comments (optional): This would be easier if ORAS wasn't released, because then Foul Play + pentagon would be the obvious issue. But, someone could have bred it and changed the moveset later, especially at that level.

-Egg hatched Lumiose City, 5/13/2014. Egg received the same day from a Day-Care Couple.

If nobody pops in to say it's legit, it's really no skin off my teeth since I already have an Umbreon I use with the same moveset, just not shiny. Mainly, I'd like to know just in-case I ever decide to give it to a friend or something since I'd rather not distribute hacks at all anywhere.

Language: Eng
Species: Spiritomb
ID No.: 23213
EVs (optional): Most likely max. HP and Attack
Ability: Pressure
Pokemon's name: Spiritomb
Pokeball: Dark Ball
Pentagon?: I guess yes
Moves: Shadow Sneak. Sucker Punch, Trick, Will-O-Wisp
Region of origin: Hoenn, Sea Mauville
Other comments (optional): It could be possible, I guess but the fact that it is shiny, holding a Choice Band, having max. PP, perfect IV's questions that it's real.

It's really easy to just breed your own and get it SV hatched, less risk and same reward (smart economics).
Yeah, but I don't care about the shininess in this case, especially since I like regular Umbreon more. I'm just posting it here just in case if anyone knows either way for certain on it in case I decide to give it to a friend or something.

Language: Eng
Species: Spiritomb
ID No.: 23213
EVs (optional): Most likely max. HP and Attack
Pokemon's name: Spiritomb
Pokeball: Dark Ball
Pentagon?: I guess yes
Moves: Shadow Sneak. Sucker Punch, Trick, Will-O-Wisp
Region of origin: Hoenn, Sea Mauville
Other comments (optional): It could be possible, I guess but the fact that it is shiny, holding a Choice Band, having max. PP, perfect IV's questions that it's real.
If it's the one caught at Sea Mauville (not hatched there), then it's probably a hack

Species: Suicune
OT: GAMESTP
ID No.: 01311
EVs (optional): None
Pokemon's name: Suicune
Level: 30
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Pentagon?: No
Moves: Sheer Cold, Air Slash, Extreme Speed, Aqua Ring
Nature: Relaxed
Region of origin: Johto (fateful encounter)
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Got this from a friend of my cousin a couple months ago. Not sure if he got it himself, though, but he doesn't have any cheating devices as far as I know. Still, those IVs.

Species: Celebi
OT: ミツリン
ID No.: 60720
IVs: 17/23-24/23-24/2-3/27/2-3
EVs (optional): Seems to have a little bit of everything, mostly Attack.
Pokemon's name: セレビィ
Level: 62
Pokeball: Poke Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Leech Seed, Recover, Ancient Power, Magical Leaf
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Strongly defiant
Other comments (optional): Honestly, I'm not sure when I got this one, probably from a friend several years ago, but it's the one I've been using in my Live Dex for quite some time. Just recently bothered to check it, though, given I found out its from an event, and my friends in high school have had hacks before.

Species: Suicune
OT: GAMESTP
ID No.: 01311
EVs (optional): None
Pokemon's name: Suicune
Level: 30
Pokeball: Cherish Ball
Moves: Sheer Cold, Air Slash, Extreme Speed, Aqua Ring
Nature: Relaxed
Region of origin: Johto (fateful encounter)
Ribbons: Classic Ribbon
Other comments (optional): Got this from a friend of my cousin a couple months ago. Not sure if he got it himself, though, but he doesn't have any cheating devices as far as I know. Still, those IVs.

Species: Celebi
OT: ミツリン
ID No.: 60720
IVs: 17/23-24/23-24/2-3/27/2-3
EVs (optional): Seems to have a little bit of everything, mostly Attack.
Pokemon's name: セレビィ
Level: 62
Pokeball: Poke Ball
Shiny?: No
Moves: Leech Seed, Recover, Ancient Power, Magical Leaf
Nature: Bold
Region of origin: Hoenn
Characteristic: Strongly defiant
Other comments (optional): Honestly, I'm not sure when I got this one, probably from a friend several years ago, but it's the one I've been using in my Live Dex for quite some time. Just recently bothered to check it, though, given I found out its from an event, and my friends in high school have had hacks before.
Suicune is most likely hacked. Celebi is hacked for sure

Xen

Wi-Fi Leader
Celebi is hacked for sure
Not necessarily; from a glance, it looks like one of those Jungle Tour celebis from Japan back from 2006 (iirc, it was 06?)

Judging from the derpy IVs/Nature, it's not out of the realm of possibility to obtain one from the Gen IV/V GTS back when it was still active.

Suicune I wouldn't trust unless it came from someone who's known to RNG abuse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)