Cretacerus Art

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
I'm sorry Rhythms, but I can't handle any additional requests at the moment, unfortunately. Delaying my request art for more than a month would cause the thread to become increasingly untidy, and I'm unlikely to finish any sooner due to rarely being at home in the upcoming weeks. I do appreciate your request, but won't be able to help out right now :(.

This is to say, I won't be taking any new requests until further notice. Hope you guys understand.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I use this art thread mainly to improve on my drawing skills as of now. I'll start contributing once I reach a standard deemed high enough for on-site art that represents the community^^
If you can consistently make images like these, the consider that standard met. You're now on the list of our approved artists, so while this doesn't really affect your work burden, having your art decorating anything of our content would be most appreciated. Also, I now have an active artist to refer to if there are people hoping to improve with only the mouse to go by. :V

And while it's flattering to receive requests, remember that you have no obligation to fulfill them. While they can be genuine, I have moderated this place enough time to know that there are some individuals who purely post here to make requests. But if you have the opportunity to help someone in need, all the more power to you.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Oh wow, that's certainly a great honour! And all the more reason to hone my skills^^.
I do see the requests as great motivators which push me beyond my comfort zone in terms of time management and creativity, something I probably need from time to time. There is so much I learnt from drawing the last two images alone :P. But yeah, there are of course limits to how much I can do.

Also, if anyone needs advice on using the mouse in Paint.net, you know where to ask X)

Cretacerus

Survivor
Reactions Contest Winner
DKFirelord: Finally got to finish your banner! This is also my first image without outlines. Reptilian animals are always fun to draw :P
Since I didn't know the title of your RMT, here's a random example how the text could look like. Of course I can change it to whatever you'd like.
|| Sketch
Don't forget to link me to your RMT so I can check out that Tyrantrum!^^

Last edited:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DKFirelord: Finally got to finish your banner! Reptilian animals are really fun to draw :P
Since I didn't know the title of your RMT, here's a random example how the text could look like. Of course I can change it to whatever you'd like.

Don't forget to link me to your RMT so I can check out that Tyrantrum!^^
Lol couldn't even think of a Title so Ill def use it thanks sooooooo much and I will defiantly lnk you

Also do you now how to put the Drawing on a post xD

Last edited by a moderator:

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Right clicking on the image will give you the options to copy/save it^^
K the. Which bar icon do I use to put it on

Beacasue the only thing I see how to most it is the URL Image which I dont hve

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad. If I was to change anything, though, I would move the left leg closer to the center and a bit more forward - right now, it looks like it moved it's torso but not it's legs, as if it had just missed a wild punch.

tl;dr is great, and will certainly work for my avi, but you should work a little more on body flow.

Cretacerus

Survivor
Reactions Contest Winner
I can see what you mean, the stance did give me a lot of trouble. If you compare it to the original sketch, you can see that I made a lot of changes, though I'm still not quite satisfied. Just can't figure out what exactly to rectify :( Assuming you are talking about the left leg from Gallade's perspective?

yeah, I am. It looks as if he was directly facing the viewer, then threw an awkward punch. If you moved Gallade's left leg (actual left leg, not left from our serspective) into a sort of knight's-move from his right leg with emphasis on the forward, I think it would look better. Putting the emphasis on the width would work for a side profile.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Your two most recent pieces only reassures me that you're a real deal. If the Gallade is meant to throw a punch or slash, then Talenheim certainly has some valid points. However, I just assumed it was guarding itself for an oncoming hit, so in that case, I don't find his pose to be that awkward.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Your two most recent pieces only reassures me that you're a real deal. If the Gallade is meant to throw a punch or slash, then Talenheim certainly has some valid points. However, I just assumed it was guarding itself for an oncoming hit, so in that case, I don't find his pose to be that awkward.
I was about to say it looked like it was a Mega Gallade with Battle Stance due to the idea of it protecting itself while also attacking. Aegislash 2.0 y/n

Cretacerus

Survivor
Reactions Contest Winner
Ahh, the talk about offense and defense stances made me realize my error. Originally Gallade was indeed supposed to do a punching action, which was all fine until I came to the legs. Thinking of a fighting stance, I decided to give him good stability and balance, which of course made him static and defensive.

So instead, here is the same Gallade with a less stable but more dynamic posture. Suddenly, he switched from defense to offense with just a repositioning of his legs heh!
I know his left leg ended up bit thin, but I did this one relatively quickly for illustration. Human poses are definitely not my strong suit^^

Last edited:
There we go, that certainly looks a lot better. Now it looks like he's glancing at a seperate enemy (you) that he's going to take care of later, after he comboes this punch into something else in front of him.

Cretacerus

Survivor
Reactions Contest Winner
DarkNostalgia: Sorry, once I started it was clear that the image wouldn't be avatar format, but hopefully you still enjoy it. Drawing natural looking fur with the curve tool can be very challenging, but I think this one is my best attempt at it so far :P
|| Sketch

As for requests, I won't be taking any new ones right now, once I have more time to spare I will let you guys know.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
DarkNostalgia: Sorry, once I started it was clear that the image wouldn't be avatar format, but hopefully you still enjoy it. Drawing natural looking fur with the curve tool can be very challenging, but I think this one is my best attempt at it so far :P
|| Sketch

As for requests, I won't be taking any new ones right now, once I have more time to spare I will let you guys know.
Wow this is really good, it's fine if it's not avatar lol :)

Cretacerus

Survivor
Reactions Contest Winner
Sorry Recreant, this is really taking a long time but at least I have now finished the sketch. Hope it's devilish enough, though that shouldn't really be an issue with a demonic hellhound and an incredibly smug looking tree snake in the picture^^. Serperior has even lost it's legs upon evolution for whatever reason! Thinking about it, this makes GameFreak's representation of western culture suspiciously reminiscent of the devil...
If you have any suggestions for changes let me know until tomorrow then I will start with the digital part.

DKFirelord

Back this time I swear!
Sorry Recreant, this is really taking a long time but at least I have now finished the sketch. Hope it's devilish enough, though that shouldn't really be an issue with a demonic hellhound and an incredibly smug looking tree snake in the picture^^. Serperior has even lost it's legs upon evolution for whatever reason! Thinking about it, this makes GameFreak's representation of western culture suspiciously reminiscent of the devil...
If you have any suggestions for changes let me know until tomorrow then I will start with the digital part.

That is wow .o. Amazing

Pent

dumb broad
Your art is absolutely amazing! I love that you have more of a sharp, geometric style as opposed to the typical curvy, flowing look. Also, your choice of colors really adds some good tone to your graphics. I would like to request something that will be featured in a room intro, or if possible, my YouTube Banner. I need a Mega Audino and Whimsicott curled up together, with more of a pastel look to it. If your request bin is too full at the moment, you are free to decline, if you are able to, I am willing to wait as long as need be.

Good luck with your further art pieces! I hope you be that badge soon, you seem to be qualified for it IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)