Locked Up - OM Monthly Ladder Challenge

The month is coming to an end and because the original idea of this thread was to discuss how our teams did against the "original" archetypes, I might aswell post something here (if it's not the right place, I will probably repost this in the stabmons thread someway).
Anyways, besides the ladder being completely dead most of the time, it was really fun to ladder for this OML challenge. The loss of normal types didn't hurt as much as I thought it would in the beginning. The biggest loss for me was, to my surprise, not Diggersby or Fakespeeders in general, but Chansey. Since I tend to run balanced teams I often ended up with teams really vulnerable to special attackers and sleep spam. In the longrun that meant that Hyper offense and stall teams did better for me than balanced did, which is unusual for me. However I feel like that stall teams did a bit better than Hyper offense teams due to the nature of the meta, aswell as my personal playstyle. One of the other reasons that I had much fun this month was that I stumbled upon many unrecognized threats, for example Mega-Sceptile and (after the Keleo ban) Starmie. I really hope that the ladder won't become more inactive after this month (I can't even imagine it being more inactive).
Good games to everyone I played with!
Cy'all next month.

EV

Banned deucer.
Here are the top 2 players from February's challenge:
  1. OML Fakespeed (TTer ) - 1303
  2. OML Redemption (cryalot ) - 1278

For March's challenge, we're doing Balanced Hackmons! For this month, you're not allowed to use any additions we received from ORAS. No new mega or primal Pokemon. No new abilities or moves (Desolate Land, Primordial Sea, Delta Stream, Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse, and Dragon Ascent). How will you fare without Mega Rayquaza or Primal Kyogre anymore? Best of luck!

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Here are the top 2 players from February's challenge:
  1. OML Fakespeed (TTer ) - 1303
  2. OML Redemption (cryalot ) - 1278

For March's challenge, we're doing Balanced Hackmons! For this month, you're not allowed to use any additions we received from ORAS. No new mega stones or orbs. No new abilities or moves (Desolate Land, Primordial Sea, Delta Stream, Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse, and Dragon Ascent). How will you fare without Mega Rayquaza or Primal Kyogre anymore? Best of luck!
I think you should change "mega stones" to "Mega Evolutions" because the stone doesn't matter if it isn't on it's designated Pokemon.

in as OMLMLMLMLMLMLML

kyub will return to its rightful place on the -ate throne imo.

kyogre is almost as balk as priogre.

pridon is really the biggest loss imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)