Event Discussion

Actually, it is 2015LATIOSLATIAS, and yeah, I wouldn't procrastinate if I were you. I got it right away, because I feared that I would procrastinate, then forget.

Now, here am I, staring at my Eon Ticket like an idiot. No surprise, since I never got one in the originals–it was just something out of my reach. Am I'm wondering, "what the heck am I going to name my Latios"? I already came up with a good name for my Latias, so I need an excellent name for Latios too.

Oh, and I know everyone is looking forward to putting Soul Dew through it's paces, but it is still banned, so anyone who thinks it is a good idea to battle me, and bring a Soul Dew, without warning me to bring my own Soul Dew-laden Latios or Latias better be warned: I will only battle or trade with that person once, and then I'll want nothing to do with them. A Dew Latios Vs. a Dew Latias could be fun though. I've never tried that.

Actually, it is 2015LATIOSLATIAS, and yeah, I wouldn't procrastinate if I were you. I got it right away, because I feared that I would procrastinate, then forget.

Now, here am I, staring at my Eon Ticket like an idiot. No surprise, since I never got one in the originals–it was just something out of my reach. Am I'm wondering, "what the heck am I going to name my Latios"? I already came up with a good name for my Latias, so I need an excellent name for Latios too.

Oh, and I know everyone is looking forward to putting Soul Dew through it's paces, but it is still banned, so anyone who thinks it is a good idea to battle me, and bring a Soul Dew, without warning me to bring my own Soul Dew-laden Latios or Latias better be warned: I will only battle or trade with that person once, and then I'll want nothing to do with them. A Dew Latios Vs. a Dew Latias could be fun though. I've never tried that.
You do know Soul Dew Lati@s are some of the best Pokémon in Ubers right

Yeah, it is clearly not gonna happen, so better hope that no posers challenge you to a battle, only to bring one out. If I see a Lati@s, a Groudon, and Kyogre on the same team, unless this is an Uber battle, I'm wagering that it is a noob who decided to give them a Soul Dew, a Red Orb, and a Blue Orb, respectively, and I'm not sticking around to find out!

The Soul Dew is going to remain broken, and we should be thankful that GF saw fit to give all of us a chance to get one for ourselves.

I'm really glad I got home in time to claim my very own Eon Ticket! I don't really get the reason for them to let the event run for such a short time, it honestly seem borderline troll. I could as well have been away this weekend and never got it. I just don't get the battle scene for the lati, it wasn't spawned through a ring, so why should the battle be in that universe?

As for the Soul Dew, I see no point in balancing it. I actually like how it reveals the true potential of the Eon Pokemon only for those who was worthy to travel to the southern island.

I'm really glad I got home in time to claim my very own Eon Ticket! I don't really get the reason for them to let the event run for such a short time, it honestly seem borderline troll. I could as well have been away this weekend and never got it. I just don't get the battle scene for the lati, it wasn't spawned through a ring, so why should the battle be in that universe?

As for the Soul Dew, I see no point in balancing it. I actually like how it reveals the true potential of the Eon Pokemon only for those who was worthy to travel to the southern island.
Yeah, I agree about the Soul Dew part. Honestly, the whole Lati@site thing seems just like a fake out, since Mega Evolution is so flashy and most casual players would choose it, and so they never use the far superior yet les flashy item.

Yeah, I agree about the Soul Dew part. Honestly, the whole Lati@site thing seems just like a fake out, since Mega Evolution is so flashy and most casual players would choose it, and so they never use the far superior yet less flashy item.
True, true. The megas at least make soaring possible ^^

I don't know if this belongs here, but I think Nintendo have made a really stupid decision when it comes to events and competitive play, banning every legal event only pokemon. I can see why they did this, because the pokemon was not obtainable to everyone, but I still think they should be legal to use (you can still trade).

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, it is clearly not gonna happen, so better hope that no posers challenge you to a battle, only to bring one out. If I see a Lati@s, a Groudon, and Kyogre on the same team, unless this is an Uber battle, I'm wagering that it is a noob who decided to give them a Soul Dew, a Red Orb, and a Blue Orb, respectively, and I'm not sticking around to find out!

The Soul Dew is going to remain broken, and we should be thankful that GF saw fit to give all of us a chance to get one for ourselves.
Those items are are actually the standard for them in Ubers, and you can feasibly run them all at once (Primals don't count against the Mega limit) while still having a decently composed team.

I'd be more worried about getting challenged by a random with Rayquaza.

Last edited:
Sure, but don't go overboard. I too hate how Japan gets lots of Events that aren't released anywhere else.
I wouldn't mind if they weren't important events. For instance, I don't mind Serena's Fennekin being Japan-only, seeing how the anime is not as big outside there. But I do mind stuff like Pokemon Scrap, Surfchu, and shiny Rayquaza and Jirachi being Japan-only when they're so big.

So that Arceus event has begun in Japan.

In Japan, the special pre-order promotion for the movie has begun and with the purchase of the tickets comes a serial code to allow for the download of Arceus. This is the only distribution of Arceus so far in Generation VI with the Generation VI native mark. At first, it was announced that there are 18 different Arceus being distributed at random, but a 19th version has been received by players. This Arceus is a special Shiny Arceus, marking the first time Arceus has legitimately been available as a Shiny since its reveal and release in 2009

Oh my Mew
Shiny... Arceus?
GIVEMEGIVEMEGIVEME
Has it been revealed what plate the shiny version holds? It's probably a Silk Scarf variant.

Last edited:
So that Arceus event has begun in Japan.

In Japan, the special pre-order promotion for the movie has begun and with the purchase of the tickets comes a serial code to allow for the download of Arceus. This is the only distribution of Arceus so far in Generation VI with the Generation VI native mark. At first, it was announced that there are 18 different Arceus being distributed at random, but a 19th version has been received by players. This Arceus is a special Shiny Arceus, marking the first time Arceus has legitimately been available as a Shiny since its reveal and release in 2009
This is what I was talking about a few posts above. Japan always gets very nice events. Yes, it is true that Pokemon is a way more important part of society there, but still, Arceus is a big event, so it should've been released Worlwide, or at least in America and Europe

Also I wish there was a way to nickname event Pokemon regardless of OTs

Reactions: JES

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
This is what I was talking about a few posts above. Japan always gets very nice events. Yes, it is true that Pokemon is a way more important part of society there, but still, Arceus is a big event, so it should've been released Worlwide, or at least in America and Europe

Also I wish there was a way to nickname event Pokemon regardless of OTs
Well Arceus is appearing in the newest movie, so that's probably why its being given out. Because of that there is a chance we might also get it, though there have been movie events we didn't get so no guarantee.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Exactly. Big events should always leave Japan. We shouldn't have to cross our fingers that they'll be available
Apparently you seem to forget that a lot of these Japanese only events are promote local Japanese events. While it would be nice for them to be made available internationally, there is no reason to, as we don't have a PC Tokyo in America, or whatever else they might be using to promote their event.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)