TrainerSplash's art thread, cause I can't think of a better title :)

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
So I increased the BW Pikachu's sprite by 5x times it's size, I then went over it with the same colors and want to see what came out. I got some kind of abstract shaded/oulined but rounder version of the original, I kinda like how this turned out.

whoa when did this thread get to two pages

That whole Mario crossover in general looks really neat (I've never played any of the Mario games, so I can't recognize all of the characters, urk). I think you've been improving really quickly and you're starting to have your own "style" in your art, especially in the lineart and poses, which is always nice and a major step.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
"Choose a Pokemon (or roll one with \randpoke), and draw it in the most unsettling, horrifying style you can imagine."
upload_2015-2-21_0-10-53.png

Edit: forgot I made this too.
upload_2015-2-21_0-57-50.png

Last edited:

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
So I drew Pikachu with a mouse... not sure how I like it. I used Paint Tool SAI's curved line tool to make this then using a paint bucket. the original sketch was used by SAI's normal pen tool with a mouse. I might add shading to this.
upload_2015-2-28_22-13-43.png

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
upload_2015-3-10_19-52-25.png
upload_2015-3-11_16-10-7.png

Two more Daily draws, the top one is to make an animal into a pokemon. I was given the Venezuelan Poodle Moth. I was given the choice of a random type, but I decided not to as I thought it would have been an obvious Bug type and nothing else, maybe flying or poison. I thought it looked enough like an Eevee Evolution, so that's what I did, turned it into an Eevee. I have decided to name the said fakemon "Venezuleon" as I thought the Pun would have fit perfect.

The second picture is draw a Pokemon with an instrument that you thought fits with it. Well, Piplup is my favorite Pokemon and I thought the tuba would fit hilariously with a hilarious Pokemon. I would have done Wingull with a trumpet nose but that's too easy.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
Finally done. I don't know how freaking long it took, but it's done. Pretty much a collab with Modeling Clay (look guys I learned how to tag users :0). I asked him if I could color it, and he said sure. So he did the original paper drawing and linework. I made it a lineless digital piece with a few added details, fixed details, colors and shading.
I'm not really proud with how I did those trees and building but they will do. I specifically love that stary sky I and making it look like space.
If you guys haven't already make sure you check out Modeling Clay's artwork, I hate to be the only that would get credit when it was basically his original piece, with my touches added to it.
littleroot.png

For a first attempt at digital painting, this looks fantastic, especially the shooting star on the night sky and the rendering of the characters. I like the level of contrast and depth. One thing I can point out is the trees are still a little too green in light of the environment, which is probably the biggest reason they seem off to you. If you draw a nighttime scene in the future, try making the tones more blue and desaturated.

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
upload_2015-3-13_20-45-50.png
upload_2015-3-13_20-57-43.png

Two ORAS pictures, the first one is actually a remake of a digital image that I drew digitally that went unreleased. I decided to remake it cause the original looked bad and I improved, along with it being out dated from back when Mega Sableye was announced. I can maybe find it somewhere though.
The second is a picture I've been wanting to draw but couldn't find the time or right pose. It's based off RSE and ORAS' intro scene (if I remember correctly ORAS had Zigzagoon, Skitty and Beautifly above the pond).
Both are unfinished

TrainerSplash

Alolan Form
A pikachu in a fighter style pose. I tried to make it look like those video games that was drawn out for sprites instead of pixel art.
So I pretty much went for a drawing in the style of a sprite but not pixelated.
upload_2015-3-17_18-33-35.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)