CAP 20 CAP 20 - TL and TLT Applications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
A wild Create-A-Pokemon Project appeared!

This is the thread for people to announce their desire to become either the Topic Leader (TL) or a member of the Topic Leadership Team (TLT) for this creation project (CAP 20). Do not suggest other users. If someone wants to become the TL or a TLT member, they will post on their own, and if they don't have a strong urge to be it then they shouldn't be signing up anyway. The CAP project requires the utmost dedication and a substantial amount of free time, especially to lead, meaning that only those who have carefully considered the magnitude of their application will apply at all. If you are not prepared to fulfill all of the responsibilities to the very end, then do not throw your hat into the ring.

We are looking to fill the following five positions to help us lead the creation of this new Pokemon:
  • Topic Leader: In the public's eyes, this is the leader of the project. They will create the slate for Concept Submissions and serve as a general timekeeper. Overall, the goal of the TL is "quality control", not "project control". The responsibilities of the TL include running Concept Assessment, Threats Discussion, and finalizing the slates of TLT members.
  • Topic Leadership Team: The TLT will be leading the four major competitive aspects of creating a Pokemon. They will make slates for their respective threads and provide meaningful discussion points to their specific area. Note that TLT members are allowed to make submissions during stages of the CAP process that they are not actively leading. We are looking to fill the following four positions:
    • Typing Leader
    • Ability Leader
    • Stats Leader
    • Movepool Leader

When making your application, please indicate which position(s) you are applying for. You must identify whether you're applying for TL or TLT (you are allowed to apply for both). You are allowed to specific which position you'd like to fill on the TLT, but it is not required. Topic leaders and TLT members should have the following qualifications:
  • Timeliness; each leader must be able to commit the time to active leadership
  • Deep knowledge of the game of Pokemon
  • Familiarity with competitive Pokemon concepts, strategy and philosophy, as practiced within Smogon
  • Willing to voice opinions and lead others
  • Open-minded to new ideas
  • Creative, "outside-of-the-box" thinker
  • Good writing skills
  • Level-headed when resolving disputes
  • Liked and respected by the CAP community

Once this CAP starts, the Topic Leader and the Topic Leadership Team will be the most important, most visible members of the CAP community, and they are expected to be a strong guiding force throughout the creation process. If you are selected for any of these positions, you will have a great deal of power to influence the project. But you also have a responsibility to stay on top of things. You will have forum moderators to help you, but you need to be regularly active on the project until it is complete. All potential candidates should look through both the Topic Leadership Guide onsite and the CAP Process Archive subforum, to get an idea of what will be expected of you, if you are selected to be the CAP 20 Topic Leader or TLT member.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic. Below are the guidelines for posting in this thread:
  • Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project. Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.
  • Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM or talk to them on IRC.
  • If you are new to the CAP project, do not sign up in this thread. Instead, spend a project or two lurking, learning, and participating first.
  • Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.
  • Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then you can't expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate. Convince us that you are a good choice.
  • Poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar are great ways to look as though you don't know what you're talking about. A thoughtful and intelligent community leader should be capable of typing at a level above typical internet banter.
  • Even if you don't think you are better qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting your application. Candidates not selected as TL or TLT for this project will be on the watch list for next time around. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected, since people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely.
  • Do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.

If these rules are not followed, the offending user will be subject to moderation.

Best of luck to all applicants! Another day, another dollah.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
In for Ability, Typing, and Stats in that order~~~

Hi I've been active in CAP since the dawn of the ambitious Volkraken project and have enjoyed CAP aver since. It was actually one of the biggest attractions to Smogon for me :)

I think I'd be a good TLT member because I fulfill all of the listed criteria in the OP, have been active from the beginning of the Volkraken process to now, and have served on the PRC (I didn't post much because I didn't just want to repeat other people lol). Though I'm not the most amazing battler on Smogon, my understanding of the game is deep enough to effectively lead a section of the CAP process, especially with the new policies in place.

Well not much else to say here other than let's have a good project :)

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Howdy all, I’m your friendly neighborhood HeaLnDeaL. I am applying for TLT, with specific and almost exclusive interest in being the Stats Leader.

I’ve somehow become an all-around CAP process participant, with interests ranging between the realms of competitive aspects and flavor alike. I’m an art student, so it’s only natural that certain stages such as CAP art and sprites interest me (though my digital art skills are questionable at times). But I’m also that one weird kid who took all of the possible math classes he could take by the end of his Junior year of High School and had nothing to take his Senior year… You know, that kid with the glasses and the borrowed college calculus textbooks just for “light reading”… Needless to say, there’s a side of me that is pretty involved with numbers, and within CAP I think that the stats stage is the most appropriate section for me to lead because of this numerical reliance.

I’m a CAP PS room mod. I’ve received my pre-contributor badge via my CAP participation. In CAP 18, I won the sprites poll. In CAP 19, I won both the stats and movepool polls. I occasionally run my own not-so-secret fakemon projects in which I am constantly juggling around numbers and damage calculations. I am known to organize discussion among many of the CAP metagame players, and while I’m no OU superstar I love to watch battles and learn from my fellow PS players. Sometimes I literally have dreams about competitive Pokemon battles (No Bisharp, don’t use Knock Off! I’ve change my mind; he’s going to send in his Terrakion! It’s a trap! Ugggh, stupid cancel button!). But most importantly, I believe I have the communication skills to navigate through a leadership position on the TLT. You can be an amazing player but a terrible leader based on attitude alone, and I hope my behavior has shown me to be capable in this regard.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________​

[22:34]@HeaLnDeaL: this is pretty short, but what do you guys think?
[22:35] +cbrevan: i dunno heal
[22:35] +cbrevan: you don't make yourself sound amazing enough
[22:35]@Tadasuke: say that you made Tomohawk. that'll get them
[22:36]@HeaLnDeaL: How's this for amazing? I have a girlfriend and none of you guys do, hahahahaha. ha. :P

Last edited:

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi i'm nyttyn, the palindrome QC team member PRC member and i'm here to apply for Topic Leader.

I could write up a bunch of crap about how I'm a huge pokemon fan, got into it early age, pokemon yellow, etc but time's valuable and I'm not wasting yours, reader. I've been the most active participant of Concept Submissions by far, I make sure to always quickly reply in the Policy Review and often am the first nowadays to do so, i've been with CAP since mollux, I got a badge for my achievements in CAP excellence, I have voice on the showdown room and IRC channel, I'm highly active in both them and the forums. I have engaged in a sizable number of battles on both the OU and suspect OU ladders in preparation for CAP 20, and have been reading up on current metagame trends to prepare myself for it. I seek to provide a leadership for CAP 20 that will accommodate and involve all users of CAP, and lead to both the creation of a pokemon that we can be proud of and an enjoyable process.

also if i'm voted in i will make sure to provide a TL gimmick.

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi guys, wh0sy0urpapa here, and I'll be applying for Topic Leader and all 4 TLT positions. My order of preference is stats-typing-movepool-ability.

I greatly enjoy participating in the CAP Project and I believe I am ready to take the next step into the role of leadership. I have gained knowledge about how the project works through my participation in the past two CAPs, and I even have a runner-up stats poll on my resume in addition to a name poll win. I've taken leadership roles throughout the project as well, having critiqued several of our concepts and taking a leading role during the typing discussion of Plasmanta. I'm a voice (+) in the CAP Project room on Showdown and am an active participant in the CAP metagame, this project's side-project. Though my ladybug comes primarily from C&C, it actually does stem somewhat from my participation in CAP.

Oglemi said:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/members/wh0sy0urpapa.175616/
Consistent CAP contributor, 3 CAP analyses, 3 analyses, and shit ton of WIPs and am checks. A+ for overall effort
For those who don't know, when a user becomes eligible for a badge, their contributions are listed in the nomination forum (only badgeholders can see it). If nobody objects, the user gets the badge.

Over the past several months, I've embarked on a major endeavor to become a better poster for the project and for Smogon in general. I believe I have accomplished that, as I have made plenty of friends over the forums. I also have participated in all of Smogon's tiers, including OU, in order to get a better understanding of the metagame. I'm more knowledgeable about competitive Pokemon than I ever thought I would be.

Overall, I believe I'm finally ready to lead the CAP Project in its new endeavors. The dawn of CAP 20 brings a lot of new changes from the PRC, and I am willing and prepared to help us implement those changes for our most successful project yet.

Last edited:
typing or ability

i want to dive head in and this seems fun :toast:

i like to play pokemon a lot and have for a long time. i know how cap works too. however i suck at making massive posts, please beware.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I find it hard to post after trc's excellent entry, but seconding his opinion on tl;dr posts.

Ye so everyone knows who I am now, I've been active in multiple areas of the site, past CAP TLT member, CAP PRC member CAP QC + a whole bunch of acronyms no-one knows what they mean anymore. I'm also OU Mod as well for what its worth. I'm applying for TLT b/c I think nyttyn is a cool dude and would make for a good TL. I don't really care what part of the TLT I would take care of, so long as it isn't stats cos that makes my head hurt.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
fine, since there are barely any reasonable people I'll do tlt

I'd prefer typing or ability, but I can also do stats.

I play this game a bit, which is basically what makes me the best choice for this. And when I don't know things, I ask actually good players, rather than just making up things (no random ass sets that don't exist like we always have issues with). So yeah, I've been around since necturna, top 2 in two playtests, and i'm too lazy to write a bunch of bullshit about how amazing of a person I am, because I'm not arrogant as fuck and I think we need to actually cut through this bullshit.

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
Oh, hi. Didn't see you come in.

I'm applying for typing, abilities, and movepool. I've been here forever, submitted some stuff, done some PRC, done some playtests, and earned my badge entirely in this forum. I've seen the full range of outcomes that we get from these projects, and after being disappointed with the last couple of CAPs, I'd like to be involved in turning things around and making something interesting that we can be proud of. I plan to pick my IRC activity back up for CAP 20, and even if it stays shaky, I can always be reached by PM/VM.

I like this trend of short posts.

I'm FMD and I'm applying for Stats leader.

I understand BSR well enough to be able to do it by hand and I can recognize BSR abuse better than most. I lurked during part of Cawmodore and I've participated in Volkraken and Plasmanta. I also have absolutely no life and I'll be around at least 12 hours a day if anything comes up.

I also hate TLDR, so there's that.

Ignus

Copying deli meat to hard drive
Ok. Screw it. We always need at least one more person to vote for, right? options.
I'm Ignus. Going for just movepool. I excel at making really long posts that no one reads. I'm willing to get my hands dirty when it comes to participating this time around. I'm on PRC. Been around since Tomohawk. I like yelling.

That's all I got. Good luck to y'all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)